claudev is on a distinguished road. (+10) claudev is on a distinguished road. (+10) claudev is on a distinguished road. (+10) claudev is on a distinguished road. (+10) claudev is on a distinguished road. (+10) claudev is on a distinguished road. (+10) claudev is on a distinguished road. (+10) claudev is on a distinguished road. (+10) claudev is on a distinguished road. (+10) claudev is on a distinguished road. (+10) claudev is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Best program for intermediate lifter after Bill Starr?

Hello,

Im looking for a new powerlifting routine after doing Bill Starr intermediate a couple of times and finishing up the advanced. Ive been lifting for 10 1/2 months, current lifts are;
    - Bench: 205 x 5
    - Squat: 285 x 5
    - Deadlift: 305 x 5
    I eat all the time. So... Im not afraid of a very strenuous workout. Smolov seems interesting but I would like to find a more "Bench" oriented program as I find that its the lift I struggle the most with. Any help is appreciated!

isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz
    run it again.
    *Mods/CS will not, nor can they change your username, so don't ask*
    *Mods/CS will not, nor can they mass delete your post history, so don't ask*

SoaringSwine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoaringSwine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoaringSwine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoaringSwine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoaringSwine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoaringSwine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoaringSwine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoaringSwine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoaringSwine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoaringSwine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SoaringSwine is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by claudev View Post
    Hello,

Im looking for a new powerlifting routine after doing Bill Starr intermediate a couple of times and finishing up the advanced. Ive been lifting for 10 1/2 months, current lifts are;
    I eat all the time. So... Im not afraid of a very strenuous workout. Smolov seems interesting but I would like to find a more "Bench" oriented program as I find that its the lift I struggle the most with. Any help is appreciated!
    Your bench seems in proportion to me. If you're out of gains on 5x5 check through here for programmes:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...1&postcount=43
    My PL training Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=115903511

Donkeyno9 is just really nice. (+1000) Donkeyno9 is just really nice. (+1000) Donkeyno9 is just really nice. (+1000) Donkeyno9 is just really nice. (+1000) Donkeyno9 is just really nice. (+1000) Donkeyno9 is just really nice. (+1000) Donkeyno9 is just really nice. (+1000) Donkeyno9 is just really nice. (+1000) Donkeyno9 is just really nice. (+1000) Donkeyno9 is just really nice. (+1000) Donkeyno9 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Why not try the Bill Starr advanced a few more times?
    I have no E-stats to post but this is my Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142431291

claudev is on a distinguished road. (+10) claudev is on a distinguished road. (+10) claudev is on a distinguished road. (+10) claudev is on a distinguished road. (+10) claudev is on a distinguished road. (+10) claudev is on a distinguished road. (+10) claudev is on a distinguished road. (+10) claudev is on a distinguished road. (+10) claudev is on a distinguished road. (+10) claudev is on a distinguished road. (+10) claudev is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Donkeyno9 View Post
    Why not try the Bill Starr advanced a few more times?
    I would like to mix it up a bit before going back to the advanced Im in need for a bit of change right now. Also I did look up the sticky before. All Im looking for is some opinions to help me choose my next program...Smolov, Sheiko, Westside there are a bunch and I know there all efficient Id just like to know whether one of them would be more appropriate. For example, a lot of ppl where recommending Riptoes or Bill Starr for a true beginner, what would be considered the next step?

Location: On the Ho Chi Min Trail Sippin on a 40oz of Old English 800, Vietnam
    MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MISSINGLINK has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hello,

Those do not look like advanced numbers to me. I don't know, but you should have ran the intermediate program and milked it for all it is worth and then do the advanced.
    Death is winning. Do something.- Sam Boyd

isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz isaku900 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by MISSINGLINK View Post
    Those do not look like advanced numbers to me. I don't know, but you should have ran the intermediate program and milked it for all it is worth and then do the advanced.
    this, a billion times this.

if you want to switch to advanced periodization because you're bored...you're going to fail.
    *Mods/CS will not, nor can they change your username, so don't ask*
    *Mods/CS will not, nor can they mass delete your post history, so don't ask*

Guys I never said I was an advanced lifter look at the title of the thread, Im looking for new ideas. Ive had to stop for about a month 1/2 over the course of my first 10 months of training...so over the course of 9 months of active training Ive gone through 2 12 weeks Bill Starr intermediate and am at my 8 week of advanced so I know Im supposed to "milk" the program Im looking for some variation before I go back on the advanced. Trust me, Im not some douchy little kid that wont stick with the program.

swolegantor is just really nice. (+1000) swolegantor is just really nice. (+1000) swolegantor is just really nice. (+1000) swolegantor is just really nice. (+1000) swolegantor is just really nice. (+1000) swolegantor is just really nice. (+1000) swolegantor is just really nice. (+1000) swolegantor is just really nice. (+1000) swolegantor is just really nice. (+1000) swolegantor is just really nice. (+1000) swolegantor is just really nice. (+1000)
    Trust me, Im not some douchy little kid that wont stick with the program.
    Excellent. Run basic 5x5 again.
    It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but rather the one most responsive to change.

Originally Posted by swolegantor View Post
    Excellent. Run basic 5x5 again.
    Alright, should I switch up the rep scheme a bit as I have been needing to reset my weight a lot recently?

swolegantor is just really nice. (+1000) swolegantor is just really nice. (+1000) swolegantor is just really nice. (+1000) swolegantor is just really nice. (+1000) swolegantor is just really nice. (+1000) swolegantor is just really nice. (+1000) swolegantor is just really nice. (+1000) swolegantor is just really nice. (+1000) swolegantor is just really nice. (+1000) swolegantor is just really nice. (+1000) swolegantor is just really nice. (+1000)
    Alright, should I switch up the rep scheme a bit as I have been needing to reset my weight a lot recently?
    explain and give examples.
    It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but rather the one most responsive to change.

Originally Posted by swolegantor View Post
    explain and give examples.
    lol...my progress has been particularly slow on my bench. The smallest plates at my gym weight 3 lbs each...so smallest weekly increments are 6 pounds. Which means my body doesnt usually have a problem increasing the weights on squat and deadlift but it does on bench. So as stated in the madcow template I reset the weight a couple of weeks to ramp it back up. What I was thinking is perhaps I should do 1 additional rep the following week and then bring it back to 5 reps but with 6 additional pounds. Any thoughts?

Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Code_B is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    if u really want you can make the microloading chains for like 17 dollars for 3-4 pairs from the link in the program.
    Consistency

Originally Posted by Code_B View Post
    if u really want you can make the microloading chains for like 17 dollars for 3-4 pairs from the link in the program.
    interesting Ill check that out thanks man

hates you, probably. PotKettleBlack's Avatar
    PotKettleBlack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PotKettleBlack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PotKettleBlack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PotKettleBlack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PotKettleBlack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PotKettleBlack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PotKettleBlack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PotKettleBlack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PotKettleBlack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PotKettleBlack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) PotKettleBlack is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    interesting Ill check that out thanks man
    The point of what people have been trying to say, is correct, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. But if you're looking just for something else to do, then by all means look for something else, but at the end of the day, working out is working out.

I enjoy doing it, regardless of what specifics I am doing, it's just the fact I am doing it, and above all, I enjoy progress, which is what you'll make if you run this programme again. Just sayin'.
    BRB' Projectile Vomitin'

Alpha Beard Crew!

Reps n Sets is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Reps n Sets is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Reps n Sets is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Reps n Sets is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Reps n Sets is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Reps n Sets is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Reps n Sets is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Reps n Sets is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Reps n Sets is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Reps n Sets is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Reps n Sets is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Whats the difference between the intermediate and the advance routines?
    美國海軍陸戰隊 E5, USMC 06'-14'
    ♦ ɴɣϲ ϲrew ♦
    *Misc Photography Crew*

“In order for man to succeed in life, God provided him with two means, education and physical activity. Not separately, one for the soul and the other for the body, but for the two together. With these two means, man can attain perfection.” - Plato

Originally Posted by Reps n Sets View Post
    Whats the difference between the intermediate and the advance routines?
    google bill starr 5x5. Amongst other things, the intermediate has a linear progression the advanced is periodized.

ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Code_B View Post
    Or you could just put on one of the 3lb plates, and then shift your grip towards it a little bit. That's what I do, and it's never felt unstable.
    My journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=7069091

Originally Posted by ben3133 View Post
    Or you could just put on one of the 3lb plates, and then shift your grip towards it a little bit. That's what I do, and it's never felt unstable.
    ...really?

weakshit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) weakshit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) weakshit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) weakshit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) weakshit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) weakshit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) weakshit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) weakshit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) weakshit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) weakshit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) weakshit has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    ...really?
    I wouldn't advise it, stability and strength inequality issues.

My opinion is that although I want results I also like having fun in the weightroom, you will not make progression in any programme if you are not enthusiastic about hitting the gym.

Why not try another system/programme? TBH if you can find a more experienced powerlifter or strength athelete and talk to them and maybe join in with their training it won't matter what programme you're performing because you will undoubtedly get stronger.

Good luck whatever you choose.

ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    ...really?
    Really.
    Originally Posted by weak**** View Post
    I wouldn't advise it, stability and strength inequality issues.
    There is no stability/strength inequality issue (provided you are only doing this with 3lbs plates). I shift the fulcrum of the bar towards the heavier side, the loads balance, my body perceives it no differently to having equal weight at an equal distance on both sides.
    My journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=7069091

Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mr Beer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ben3133 View Post
    **** that.

sickonstorm is just really nice. (+1000) sickonstorm is just really nice. (+1000) sickonstorm is just really nice. (+1000) sickonstorm is just really nice. (+1000) sickonstorm is just really nice. (+1000) sickonstorm is just really nice. (+1000) sickonstorm is just really nice. (+1000) sickonstorm is just really nice. (+1000) sickonstorm is just really nice. (+1000) sickonstorm is just really nice. (+1000) sickonstorm is just really nice. (+1000)

Unhappy

Originally Posted by isaku900 View Post
    this, a billion times this.

if you want to switch to advanced periodization because you're bored...you're going to fail.
    good reading comprehension is something that never fails .

j.benjamin will become famous soon enough. (+50) j.benjamin will become famous soon enough. (+50) j.benjamin will become famous soon enough. (+50) j.benjamin will become famous soon enough. (+50) j.benjamin will become famous soon enough. (+50) j.benjamin will become famous soon enough. (+50) j.benjamin will become famous soon enough. (+50) j.benjamin will become famous soon enough. (+50) j.benjamin will become famous soon enough. (+50) j.benjamin will become famous soon enough. (+50) j.benjamin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by sickonstorm View Post
    good reading comprehension is something that never fails .
    So, I'm new here. I'll automatically admit to that, so maybe I don't have place to talk.

But, what I'm pretty sure they were saying is that 10 months of lifting is not nearly enough time to "milk" any particular program to its fullest extent, and as a result, they (at least, isaku) recommends running it again before trying anything above "intermediate."

10 months of lifting is, under no circumstances, "advanced lifting."

Nice try, though.
    We pray for the earth to open
    Free your of your ageless tomb
    Our knees bent in your worship
    OH GREAT GOLD ONE, I SCREAM FOR YOUR RETURN.