Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    deerhearse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deerhearse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deerhearse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deerhearse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deerhearse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deerhearse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deerhearse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deerhearse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deerhearse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deerhearse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) deerhearse has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Venison = Main Source of Protein?

How many here, like myself, use venison as their primary source of protein (from red meat)?

239 grams protein per pound....heck, hard to beat!!!!

Jerky can be eaten at gym like protein bars!

Jalepeno and Cheddar summer sausage for in between meal protein snacks!

Chili, Stew, Steaks, Burgers...on and on!

I love it!

I try to put 2 to 3 deer in freezer every year (2 so far this year).

Lean, good, tasty, protein-rich meat!!!! Mmmmmmm!
    Last edited by deerhearse; 12-15-2008 at 07:36 PM.
    "VENISON: THE OTHER RED MEAT!!!!"

Deerhearse (aka "Jeff")

rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by deerhearse View Post
    How many here, like myself, use venison as their primary source of protein (from red meat)?

I love it!
    my calculations put it at 147 g per pound for roasted venison. but yeah...I eat a good bit of it. I have 3 in the freezer...should get me through the year with that and chicken.
    "Some people are like Slinkies. They're not really good for anything but they sure bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

My Training Journal - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145043261

the big dawg is on a distinguished road. (+10) the big dawg is on a distinguished road. (+10) the big dawg is on a distinguished road. (+10) the big dawg is on a distinguished road. (+10) the big dawg is on a distinguished road. (+10) the big dawg is on a distinguished road. (+10) the big dawg is on a distinguished road. (+10) the big dawg is on a distinguished road. (+10) the big dawg is on a distinguished road. (+10) the big dawg is on a distinguished road. (+10) the big dawg is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Not sure how much protein is in venison but I have a doe and buck in the freezer. Archery season was good to me this year.

Lots of cheddar and jalepino sausage, slim sticks, burger, and itialian sausage.

TwinIam is on a distinguished road. (+10) TwinIam is on a distinguished road. (+10) TwinIam is on a distinguished road. (+10) TwinIam is on a distinguished road. (+10) TwinIam is on a distinguished road. (+10) TwinIam is on a distinguished road. (+10) TwinIam is on a distinguished road. (+10) TwinIam is on a distinguished road. (+10) TwinIam is on a distinguished road. (+10) TwinIam is on a distinguished road. (+10) TwinIam is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Venison isn't that abundant where I live...But all wild game is superior for its fatrotein ratio

plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000) plmb1 is just really nice. (+1000)

Thumbs up

I love it!

I eat around 1 1/2 lbs of venison a day. Most everyone in my family (brothers, dad, uncles etc....) hunts but do not eat alot of the venison they kill so I'm lucky and get all I want most of the time. And yes, its a very good source of protein (bar none)......keep it up.

anti-bonk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) anti-bonk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) anti-bonk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) anti-bonk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) anti-bonk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) anti-bonk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) anti-bonk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) anti-bonk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) anti-bonk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) anti-bonk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) anti-bonk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I eat venison but I have to admit I prefer beef over it because I think venison has a "gamey" taste. Does anyone know what I mean by that and if so how do you prepare your venison to deal with that.

The Italian Scallion BrotherWolf's Avatar
    BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by anti-bonk View Post
    I eat venison but I have to admit I prefer beef over it because I think venison has a "gamey" taste. Does anyone know what I mean by that and if so how do you prepare your venison to deal with that.
    embrace it.... that's how it should be
    who says love has to be soft and gentle ?

outbreak69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) outbreak69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) outbreak69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) outbreak69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) outbreak69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) outbreak69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) outbreak69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) outbreak69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) outbreak69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) outbreak69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) outbreak69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Man, I love venison! I'm on a hunting lease in alabama (2 deer/day) but nothing beats going to the parents house in PA over Christmas and doing some muzzleloader hunting in the SNOW! Damn, that's the best!

Unfortunately, I'm doing a year in Iraq and won't be doing any hunting this year.

freewheel will become famous soon enough. (+50) freewheel will become famous soon enough. (+50) freewheel will become famous soon enough. (+50) freewheel will become famous soon enough. (+50) freewheel will become famous soon enough. (+50) freewheel will become famous soon enough. (+50) freewheel will become famous soon enough. (+50) freewheel will become famous soon enough. (+50) freewheel will become famous soon enough. (+50) freewheel will become famous soon enough. (+50) freewheel will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    2 in the freezer, one tag left to fill.
    are you a wandering generality, or a meaningful specific?"

You are not "entitled" to anything.

Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Angry

Again this year I have only my tag to eat, not seeing a lot of gains on that diet.
    Don't put that on me Ricky Bobby, don't you ever put that on me.

Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Bambi and her friends are all over our neighborhood eating our gardens but the local officials here in La La Land frown on gunfire in the city limits....so I opt for fresh ground buffalo at my local butcher. He also has seasonal deer and Elk meat. Too gamey for me. All 3 are a whole lot better for you than cow.

outbreak69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) outbreak69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) outbreak69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) outbreak69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) outbreak69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) outbreak69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) outbreak69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) outbreak69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) outbreak69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) outbreak69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) outbreak69 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Bando View Post
    Again this year I have only my tag to eat, not seeing a lot of gains on that diet.
    Good fiber!

IFPA Open & Master's Pro 5krunner's Avatar
    5krunner is just really nice. (+1000) 5krunner is just really nice. (+1000) 5krunner is just really nice. (+1000) 5krunner is just really nice. (+1000) 5krunner is just really nice. (+1000) 5krunner is just really nice. (+1000) 5krunner is just really nice. (+1000) 5krunner is just really nice. (+1000) 5krunner is just really nice. (+1000) 5krunner is just really nice. (+1000) 5krunner is just really nice. (+1000)
    I eat a lot of venison too and love it. Nothing better than backstrap on the grill imo.
    IFPA Open & Master's Pro

"Let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith." Hebrews 12:1-2

chasing40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chasing40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chasing40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chasing40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chasing40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chasing40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chasing40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chasing40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chasing40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chasing40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chasing40 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    the best thing you can do is soak it or clean it in cold water...ie;make sure all the blood is gone. It should not have a gamey taste at all.You should also cook it fast ( if making steak ) or very slow in slow cooker. I make some great venison and my kids love it. If its a favorite of a 5 year old it must be good !
    " Your only true competion in life is the person who works harder then you "

chasing40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chasing40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chasing40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chasing40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chasing40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chasing40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chasing40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chasing40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chasing40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chasing40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chasing40 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

I love it!

I ma glad you did this post.I was wondering same thing. I make up a bunch, put it in my frifge and eat it w/ some eggs for a quick protein shot...If you want to get lean, you might back away from the cheddar sausage though!

PS- I shot a 150 class 12 pt.bow season was 21o lbs - dressed. That was my cardio ...getting that pig out of the woods !
    " Your only true competion in life is the person who works harder then you "

EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Baldiewonkanobi View Post
    Bambi and her friends are all over our neighborhood eating our gardens but the local officials here in La La Land frown on gunfire in the city limits....so I opt for fresh ground buffalo at my local butcher. He also has seasonal deer and Elk meat. Too gamey for me. All 3 are a whole lot better for you than cow.
    Thought that it was illegal to buy, sell or trade in any deer species which are indigenous to the United States so how does your butcher do so legally (unless he imports from Europe or Australia)?
    Squat heavy or go home

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/enigmapower

rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    no, there is no way to make your venison taste more like beef. Just as your chicken will never taste like pork.
    "Some people are like Slinkies. They're not really good for anything but they sure bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    I consider Deer meat a great source of very lean protein. If it's been gutted and hauled out of the woods promptly, and cooked properly, it should never taste "gamey".
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I plan on "restocking" in the 1st and 3rd week of January. Right now I'm down to a little stew meat and ground for chili.....and possibly a shoulder to make into jerky next week.

Venison does have its own taste but many factors go into how "gamey" it tastes. Age, sex, time of year, diet, how it's killed and how it is handled right after it's killed.

Originally Posted by chasing40 View Post
    the best thing you can do is soak it or clean it in cold water...ie;make sure all the blood is gone. It should not have a gamey taste at all.You should also cook it fast ( if making steak ) or very slow in slow cooker. I make some great venison and my kids love it. If its a favorite of a 5 year old it must be good !
    I know people who keep theirs in an ice and water mix for several days before freezing, changing the ice and water every day. That is too much work for me but I do soak it in ice water for a few hours before cooking or smoking.
    " ----------I`m your Huckleberry......'"

John Adams

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BrotherWolf View Post
    embrace it.... that's how it should be
    Agreed. If you don't want the gamey taste, why the hell would you eat venison? Just stick to beef.
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Enig....we have been getting our fresh exotic meats from Harmony Farms for decades.

http://www.thrillist.com/los-angeles.../harmony-farms

Elk sausage and scrambled eggs makes one mean protein breakfast.

Baldie

Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by rpaul11 View Post
    no, there is no way to make your venison taste more like beef. Just as your chicken will never taste like pork.
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    I consider Deer meat a great source of very lean protein. If it's been gutted and hauled out of the woods promptly, and cooked properly, it should never taste "gamey".
    Originally Posted by Marius_Ursus View Post
    Agreed. If you don't want the gamey taste, why the hell would you eat venison? Just stick to beef.
    Yes, yes and yes.

Just about anything you can make with other meats can be made with deer. Cooking times will vary and it's so lean it will cook "dryer" than beef or pork but it's great stuff!
    " ----------I`m your Huckleberry......'"

John Adams

PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000)
    ???
    Your claim is 239g/454g=93% protein.

Uncooked venison is actually 22% protein , cooked is 27%. (source:USDA)

jocdat is just really nice. (+1000) jocdat is just really nice. (+1000) jocdat is just really nice. (+1000) jocdat is just really nice. (+1000) jocdat is just really nice. (+1000) jocdat is just really nice. (+1000) jocdat is just really nice. (+1000) jocdat is just really nice. (+1000) jocdat is just really nice. (+1000) jocdat is just really nice. (+1000) jocdat is just really nice. (+1000)
    I am not a hunter but a friend who is, introduced me to venison and it is awesome! I also love alligator meat although I'm not a fan of rabbit, squirrel and especially duck (I don't care for the texture).

I read an article this morning about cuy (roasted guinea pig), originating from South America, being the cheapest meat on the market and yet is very high in protein. In this economic climate, meat markets are considering introducing this to the American consumers.

Cuy anyone?

Originally Posted by jocdat View Post
    I am not a hunter but a friend who is, introduced me to venison and it is awesome! I also love alligator meat although I'm not a fan of rabbit, squirrel and especially duck (I don't care for the texture).

I read an article this morning about cuy (roasted guinea pig), originating from South America, being the cheapest meat on the market and yet is very high in protein. In this economic climate, meat markets are considering introducing this to the American consumers.

Cuy anyone?
    sure...I'd try that.

Slower, but smarter Capnwilliam's Avatar
    Capnwilliam will become famous soon enough. (+50) Capnwilliam will become famous soon enough. (+50) Capnwilliam will become famous soon enough. (+50) Capnwilliam will become famous soon enough. (+50) Capnwilliam will become famous soon enough. (+50) Capnwilliam will become famous soon enough. (+50) Capnwilliam will become famous soon enough. (+50) Capnwilliam will become famous soon enough. (+50) Capnwilliam will become famous soon enough. (+50) Capnwilliam will become famous soon enough. (+50) Capnwilliam will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by TwinIam View Post
    Venison isn't that abundant where I live...But all wild game is superior for its fatrotein ratio
    Wild critters don't gorge, and rest, the way domestic ones (like us!) do.

Jim
    I wonder how soon it will be before we start seeing "Don't blame me, I voted for McCain" bumper stickers?

Are their Deer in Austrailia? Other than the ones that look like giant rats with pouches?

Someone do the protein math using the attached link...Elk 1.76 g fat per 3 oz. Lets asime Elk and cow have the same water content.

http://www.jhbuffalomeat.com/

fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fitnessman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    So far this hunting season I have killed and ate:

One Deer (still have about half left)

Several squirrels.

Dozens of various Ducks.

Four Geese.

A couple Bunnies.

Friend got a Bear. Steaks were good, not great but good.

All that great food for the price of the tags. Plus getting to be out in nature with God.

Not to mention GREAT cardio!
    Psalm 121

Proponent of reason. Oncebitten's Avatar
    Oncebitten is just really nice. (+1000) Oncebitten is just really nice. (+1000) Oncebitten is just really nice. (+1000) Oncebitten is just really nice. (+1000) Oncebitten is just really nice. (+1000) Oncebitten is just really nice. (+1000) Oncebitten is just really nice. (+1000) Oncebitten is just really nice. (+1000) Oncebitten is just really nice. (+1000) Oncebitten is just really nice. (+1000) Oncebitten is just really nice. (+1000)
    The largest factor in how venison tastes is the diet of the deer. A deer that has been surviving on bark and pine needles will taste like s**t. But a deer living on corn, acorns, apples, etc will be yummy!

The Italian Scallion BrotherWolf's Avatar
    BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jocdat View Post

Cuy anyone?
    I love rabbit/hare so I imagine Cuy is somewhat similar to hare but probably better , they are fatter than rabbits

bring it on..
    who says love has to be soft and gentle ?