diet_lord is not very well liked. (-100) diet_lord is not very well liked. (-100) diet_lord is not very well liked. (-100) diet_lord is not very well liked. (-100) diet_lord is not very well liked. (-100) diet_lord is not very well liked. (-100) diet_lord is not very well liked. (-100) diet_lord is not very well liked. (-100) diet_lord is not very well liked. (-100) diet_lord is not very well liked. (-100) diet_lord is not very well liked. (-100)

I think it's better to eat a cheat-meal every 2 months, instead of every week

Hi, i think that cheating in order to boost the metabolism is just a pretext for breaking the diet, and eating a lot. I read that there is no such thing as metabolism boost from pigging out. What will really happen when you pig out is that you will kill weeks of hard dieting, suffering and pain, just for 1 cheat meal, which is a short-lived pleasure. So i think it is not bad to cheat, but i think it's best to cheat less often. I mean instead of cheating once a week, i think we are still able to lose weight but by cheating and pigging out like every 2 to 4 months.

diet_lord

Originally Posted by ToningCh1ck View Post
    I have those nights every once in a while also. I just think of them as "metabolism boost" days and it makes me feel better lol. If you just eat light and healthy and drink heaps of water for a couple days afterward, I think you'll undo any damage you really caused. Life wouldn't be fun if we didnt allow ourselves occasional cheat days, anyways

rushki is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rushki is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rushki is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rushki is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rushki is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rushki is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rushki is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rushki is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rushki is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rushki is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rushki is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by diet_lord View Post
    I read that there is no such thing as metabolism boost from pigging out.

diet_lord
    sources?

Josh86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Josh86 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    *shrug* I never cheat as I eat what I want.

But immediately most people think by whatever sweets/fast food/junk food/so on you get my point.

I eat what you could call "clean" I guess all the time because of no desire for "dirty" foods and for being healthier.

Instead what I do is say you want say a Big Mac or whatever you call a cheat. Why not reinvent (make it yourself but healthy and similar taste) and eat it regulary if you wanted too.

Best example of this is i'm not a sweets person but i've tried brownies that have had apple sauce added instead of the vegetable oil. Tasted the same to me and was a lot healthier.

daniel2k4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel2k4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel2k4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel2k4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel2k4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel2k4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel2k4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel2k4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel2k4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel2k4 is on a distinguished road. (+10) daniel2k4 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    first lesson: learn to enjoy your life.

cheat meals where you are alone eating like a pig and not feeling any taste is a serious eating disorder.

going out with your family, friends and gf once a week, and eating what the hell you want for that day is called having a social life.

you?ll miss it later in life.
    Be positive, always.

DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DarinK is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by diet_lord View Post
    Hi, i think that cheating in order to boost the metabolism is just a pretext for breaking the diet, and eating a lot. I read that there is no such thing as metabolism boost from pigging out. What will really happen when you pig out is that you will kill weeks of hard dieting, suffering and pain, just for 1 cheat meal, which is a short-lived pleasure. So i think it is not bad to cheat, but i think it's best to cheat less often. I mean instead of cheating once a week, i think we are still able to lose weight but by cheating and pigging out like every 2 to 4 months.

diet_lord
    Source? I only pig out on holidays like Thanksgiving. My cheat that I eat every 7-10 days is usually an appetizer, restaurant entree, and dessert that I share with my wife. It's not a pig out. I agree you shouldn't "pig out" once a week, but having one regular cheat meal once a week is ok.

ToningCh1ck is a name known to all. (+5000) ToningCh1ck is a name known to all. (+5000) ToningCh1ck is a name known to all. (+5000) ToningCh1ck is a name known to all. (+5000) ToningCh1ck is a name known to all. (+5000) ToningCh1ck is a name known to all. (+5000) ToningCh1ck is a name known to all. (+5000) ToningCh1ck is a name known to all. (+5000) ToningCh1ck is a name known to all. (+5000) ToningCh1ck is a name known to all. (+5000) ToningCh1ck is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I didnt realize until now that you quoted me in this. Okay, just a few things...I'm a girl on here who's primary goal is to tone up and gain endurance, so I don't eat a ton...therefore, days where I eat a lot, I feel boost my metabolism. I didn't mean that a day of eating big macs and milk shakes would benefit the body. I guess I should have been more thorough and specific with my opinion but I wrote it fast. I was replying to a guy who said something like "how much damage did I do to my body?" which I read as him feeling guilty that he had a day of eating more than usual. I was simply saying that he shouldn't feel guilty for having a "cheat" day. Its never healthy to be too hard on yourself with diets. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to see your point that having those days less often will be beneficial to your body. no one is disputing that. I never once said that we should all have our cheat days more often or that they are good. My point was that they arent something to get upset or feel guilty over if they happen once in a while....sorry I wasn't as clear as I could have been....its my first day posting on here and im still trying to get into the swing of it lol