Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    outlandish86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    dont forget guys to see the last pictures of Arnold 2015, because that how you gonna be, just like his body as well, give it a go and check how he looks in 2015.
    www.gamesgalaxy24.com

elguayo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ok, im thinking of starting reg park 5x5, but im a litlle confused.
    This question has probably been asked already, but i didnt read all pages. I thought the magic rep range for mass was 8-12, with only 5 reps will i see good mass gains? Hypertrophy is my main goal .

IM TRYING TO DECIDE IF THIS IS RIGHT FOR ME, IVE BEEN BACK IN THE GYM FOR A COUPLE YEARS, TRYING TO DO IT RIGHT THIS TIME AROUND. I HAVE GAINED ABOUT 25LBS . I HAD A COUPLE STOPS FROM BEING SICK OR FAMILY AFFAIRS. I AM READY TO GET STRICT AND DISCIPLINED.

ALSO, DOES WRIST WORK MEAN CURLS OR FOREARM WORK, AND IF FOREARM, WHY NO BICEP CURLS?
    Last edited by elguayo; 06-12-2015 at 04:18 PM.

elguayo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by elguayo View Post
    ok, im thinking of starting reg park 5x5, but im a litlle confused.
    This question has probably been asked already, but i didnt read all pages. I thought the magic rep range for mass was 8-12, with only 5 reps will i see good mass gains? Hypertrophy is my main goal .

Im trying to decide if this is right for me, ive been back in the gym for a couple years, trying to do it right this time around. I have gained about 25lbs . I had a couple stops from being sick or family affairs. I am ready to get strict and disciplined.

Also, does wrist work mean curls or forearm work, and if forearm, why no bicep curls?
    bump

Tap29 is not very well liked. (-100) Tap29 is not very well liked. (-100) Tap29 is not very well liked. (-100) Tap29 is not very well liked. (-100) Tap29 is not very well liked. (-100) Tap29 is not very well liked. (-100) Tap29 is not very well liked. (-100) Tap29 is not very well liked. (-100) Tap29 is not very well liked. (-100) Tap29 is not very well liked. (-100) Tap29 is not very well liked. (-100)
    After 3rd set I will have no strength left so then I jut wasted my strength on 60-80% practically warm up,
    So siding really work for me hey

slachtbeest will become famous soon enough. (+50) slachtbeest will become famous soon enough. (+50) slachtbeest will become famous soon enough. (+50) slachtbeest will become famous soon enough. (+50) slachtbeest will become famous soon enough. (+50) slachtbeest will become famous soon enough. (+50) slachtbeest will become famous soon enough. (+50) slachtbeest will become famous soon enough. (+50) slachtbeest will become famous soon enough. (+50) slachtbeest will become famous soon enough. (+50) slachtbeest will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Howdy folks. I'm brand new, never lifted. I know not to start with this routine, you were explicit in stressing that fact. So i know I havento atart with some other beginners routine. How will I know when I'm ready to try this one?

Anyways this guide struck a chord with me. I dont know why, maybe its just because of my ignorance lol. But I'm eager to get started with everything and I hope I dont have to wait too long before i'm ready to try this.

usertag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) usertag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) usertag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) usertag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) usertag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) usertag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) usertag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) usertag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) usertag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) usertag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) usertag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by outlandish86 View Post
    dont forget guys to see the last pictures of Arnold 2015, because that how you gonna be, just like his body as well, give it a go and check how he looks in 2015.
    we just can get small lean muscle, not too big unless we want to challenge with others in bodybuilding competition. too big body will have more skin then when muscle gone, skins can't go back, in end will have loose skins.

usertag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) usertag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) usertag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) usertag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) usertag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) usertag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) usertag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) usertag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) usertag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) usertag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) usertag is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Squat 4x10
    Bench Press 4x10
    Pull up 4x10
    Overhead Press 4x10
    Rows 4x10

3x a week

how is this?

t39charles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thanks. will implement.

greenhopkins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    following 5x5 strength routines are not making enough mass gains. I mean routines like starting strength or stronglifts. those routines just doesn't have enough volume to trigger growing. at least this is what I experienced, then I followed reg parks 5x5 program and gained good amount of muscle. also gained strength btw

Shademon is not very helpful. (-500) Shademon is not very helpful. (-500) Shademon is not very helpful. (-500) Shademon is not very helpful. (-500) Shademon is not very helpful. (-500) Shademon is not very helpful. (-500) Shademon is not very helpful. (-500) Shademon is not very helpful. (-500) Shademon is not very helpful. (-500) Shademon is not very helpful. (-500) Shademon is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by bango skank View Post
    Always happy to oblige.
    Good stuff man!

Thekittenking is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thekittenking is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thekittenking is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thekittenking is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thekittenking is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thekittenking is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thekittenking is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thekittenking is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thekittenking is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thekittenking is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thekittenking is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Thank you for this. I have more than doubled my strength in months starting out with this routine.

Thekittenking is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thekittenking is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thekittenking is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thekittenking is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thekittenking is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thekittenking is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thekittenking is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thekittenking is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thekittenking is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thekittenking is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Thekittenking is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Casey Butt View Post
    I posted this in another h ttp://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=117735451]thread, but it's appropriate here as well. The following excerpts are from collaboration between Arnold Schwarzenegger and Gene Mozee shortly after Arnold came to the U.S. in 1968. Schwarzenegger met Mozee at Vince's (Gironda) Gym and wrote several articles and mail-order booklets with him (assuming from other statements by Schwarzenegger that his English was too poor at that time to author English articles alone). This is quoted from a 1994 issue of Ironman magazine (which in turn echoes the original articles from the 1960s).

...from "How to Gain Weight, Train Hard, Get Massive"
    by Arnold Schwarzenegger
    as told to Gene Mozee (Ironman, March 1994)...

"Heavy movements stimulate the deep-lying muscle fibers that lighter movements never reach. The objective is to use fewer exercises, employ heavier poundages and train your whole body in one workout. I gained most of my weight and massiveness on a program of 10 exercises that I performed three times a week. After I reached a satisfactory bodyweight, I changed over to the more advanced split system and began training six days a week."

"If you need to put on 20 pounds or more, the following program is for you."

Gain-Weight Routine
    Squats 5 x 8,8,6,6,6
    Bench Presses 5 x 8,8,6,6,6
    Incline Presses 5 x 8,8,6,6,6
    Wide-Grip Chins 5 x 8-10
    Bent-Over Rows 5 x 8,8,6,6,6
    Behind-the-Neck-Presses 5 x 8,8,6,6,6
    Barbell Curls 5 x 8,8,6,6,6
    Lying Triceps Extensions 5 x 8,8,6,6,6
    Deadlifts 5 x 3-5 (building up to one max set)
    Machine Calf Raises 5 x 10-15

"The above program will build tremendous size and power, but it's too rugged for the beginning bodybuilder. Here's a more appropriate version for the novice."
    I wonder why deadlifts are one of the last exercises here. Would it be wise to move them near the top, say after bench presses and thus before rows and chins?

Porter_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Porter_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Porter_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Porter_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Porter_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Porter_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Porter_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Porter_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Porter_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Porter_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Porter_ has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    this was a great read, thanks bango skank. +rep

funkysi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What a great thread, Thanks.

I'm about 6 weeks in to Starting Strength 5x5 and going ok. Diet is the hardest but I'm eating as much and as clean as I can. I've put on 10lbs so something is right

Is it worth switching to Reg's 5x5 or stick to what I know until i plateau and then switch? Reg's looks like a LOT more volume per week.

Originally Posted by funkysi View Post
    What a great thread, Thanks.

I'm about 6 weeks in to Starting Strength 5x5 and going ok. Diet is the hardest but I'm eating as much and as clean as I can. I've put on 10lbs so something is right

Is it worth switching to Reg's 5x5 or stick to what I know until i plateau and then switch? Reg's looks like a LOT more volume per week.
    I have never done ss. But pure vanilla ss looks like it has a boring amount of volume. I would say give ss 2 to 6 more weeks then do a small deload and do this program for a few months. Mainly because it's good practice to stick with a program you start.

Although I switched from this program to Fierce 5 and am liking fierce 5 more, possibly because its new, and possibly because I get to bench or incline bench every workout.

Bustit23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bustit23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bustit23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bustit23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bustit23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bustit23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bustit23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bustit23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bustit23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bustit23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Bustit23 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by elguayo View Post
    Ok, im thinking of starting reg park 5x5, but im a litlle confused.
    5x5 is a strength program. Hypertrophy is a hypertrophy program. 8-12 reps is a hypertrophy. You will not, (based on my experience only) get good mass gains from a 5x5 program. You will if you're a complete newbie make early gains on a 5x5. The second you start stalling on a 5x5 is time to change, imo.
    6-1-15-------> 238/170/27%BF

Goal--->

12-31-2015--------> 210 @15%BF

Squat for dough Press for show

MarthaStewart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MarthaStewart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wouldn't benching 85% of your 1RM for 3x5 have a negative effect on your ability to OHP in the same workout, or is this doable for folks who aren't Reg Park?

sasa1999 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sasa1999 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sasa1999 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I will start hard work 5x5 but i just changed a little bit
    Now its like this
    Squat - 5 x 5
    Bench press - 5 x 5 
    Bent-over rowing - 5 x 5
    Standing Press (ohp ) - 5 x 5
    Curls 3x8
    Skullcrusher 3x8
    Shrugs 3x8
    Deadlift 1x5 ( once a week )
    What do u think ?
    I will progress on every lifts weekly since i'm cutting

sasa1999 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sasa1999 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sasa1999 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by MarthaStewart View Post
    Wouldn't benching 85% of your 1RM for 3x5 have a negative effect on your ability to OHP in the same workout, or is this doable for folks who aren't Reg Park?
    With reg parks 5x5 u don't go above 75% of your 1 rep max

AlphaProExpert has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlphaProExpert has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlphaProExpert has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlphaProExpert has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlphaProExpert has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlphaProExpert has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlphaProExpert has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlphaProExpert has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlphaProExpert has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlphaProExpert has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlphaProExpert has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Has anybody read "Arnold The Education Of A Bodybuilder" ?

Does anybody have an original edition circa 1979?
    Alpha Pro Nutrition spokesperson
    Greatness Expected™

Now available in the store! http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/alpha-pro-nutrition.htm

UPLOAD®, VEX®, INTRALOAD®, ALPHA CUTS®

www.alphapronutrition.com

☑*CountryMike Appreciation Crew*☑

Tartaruga87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    How do you progress on 5x5 pull-up?

Adding weight to the body? Or you just do it free body forever?

ReannaHatfield has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great post. Thanks for the share.

UdongeEX has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by bango skank View Post
    The tentative schedule would be:

1. The Reg Park Beginner Routine
    2. Reg Park's Power Training
    3. The Hard Work 5x5 Routine
    4. Reg Park's 9 Month 5x5 Program
    5. Reg Park's 1951 Mr. Universe Workout

This would be my preference, but you can pick and choose or use whatever sequence you like.
    I have been doing ICF5x5 for 3 months then got some accident and have to break for one month. Now I planning to start again, and I think I will follow your schedule . Silly question is, how long should I follow for each schedule ? except the 9 month since it's already 9 month

rfp is a name known to all. (+5000) rfp is a name known to all. (+5000) rfp is a name known to all. (+5000) rfp is a name known to all. (+5000) rfp is a name known to all. (+5000) rfp is a name known to all. (+5000) rfp is a name known to all. (+5000) rfp is a name known to all. (+5000) rfp is a name known to all. (+5000) rfp is a name known to all. (+5000) rfp is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Subbed, back at it since my (thanksgiving-christmas) eating/ drinking binge will be ending soon.

danu4u has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danu4u has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danu4u has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danu4u has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danu4u has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danu4u has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danu4u has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danu4u has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danu4u has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danu4u has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) danu4u has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Inspiring story.. !! Such posts and images inspire a lot to workout harder and dream to become like them one day !! However, I feel like there are plenty of men who has built much more beautiful & average muscular body.

DMO1992 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DMO1992 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DMO1992 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DMO1992 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DMO1992 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DMO1992 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DMO1992 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DMO1992 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DMO1992 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DMO1992 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DMO1992 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Need some advice, I have been lifting for just a little over a year.
    I've essentially done most of the beginner programs SS,SL,did a bit of 531 for a while and a few others
    290 squat
    350 dead
    180bench

Had to take the whole two months of November/December off now just started lifting again this week and I'm looking for the appropriate program for me to build mass, anyone here that can guide me on which program I should start out with from this list?

spurgeonchatla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Great post. Certainly answers a lot of questions.

spurgeonchatla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wow. That's elaborate. I'm gonna try it out. Always knew Arnold was a born legend.

bhavnaSahu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bhavnaSahu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bhavnaSahu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bhavnaSahu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bhavnaSahu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bhavnaSahu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bhavnaSahu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bhavnaSahu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bhavnaSahu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bhavnaSahu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bhavnaSahu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It is bit confusing can you please explain the time intervals taken between these exercise.
    [no advertising in signatures]

Biker911 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The Arnold program is the best one. I repeat it for the last 6 years and I aslo follow the diet he describes. I don't really want to be as big as him but the most important I am satisfed with my body shape right now.