Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Kooga has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kooga has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kooga has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kooga has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kooga has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kooga has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kooga has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kooga has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kooga has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kooga has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kooga has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Ive tried 5x5 and im doing 3x8 but they are pretty much similar rep ranges cause they end with roughly 25 reps.

should i be adding more reps ?

Casey Butt is a name known to all. (+5000) Casey Butt is a name known to all. (+5000) Casey Butt is a name known to all. (+5000) Casey Butt is a name known to all. (+5000) Casey Butt is a name known to all. (+5000) Casey Butt is a name known to all. (+5000) Casey Butt is a name known to all. (+5000) Casey Butt is a name known to all. (+5000) Casey Butt is a name known to all. (+5000) Casey Butt is a name known to all. (+5000) Casey Butt is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Kooga View Post
    Ive tried 5x5 and im doing 3x8 but they are pretty much similar rep ranges cause they end with roughly 25 reps.

25 total reps per exercise is fine... in fact it's plenty. Anywhere from 15 to 30 working reps per exercise seems to be the sweet spot for bodybuilding.

Kooga has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kooga has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kooga has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kooga has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kooga has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kooga has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kooga has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kooga has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kooga has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kooga has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Kooga has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    then why have i plateaued?

Trying to gain size is frustrating

Okee enough messing about. Which reg park routine should i do?
    Last edited by Kooga; 04-07-2009 at 05:20 PM.

well?

Mickles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mickles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mickles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mickles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mickles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mickles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mickles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mickles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mickles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mickles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mickles is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    excellent post
    bench 225x6
    squat 320x5
    dead 455x1

Registered User gridironwarrior's Avatar
    gridironwarrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) gridironwarrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) gridironwarrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) gridironwarrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) gridironwarrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) gridironwarrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) gridironwarrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) gridironwarrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) gridironwarrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) gridironwarrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) gridironwarrior is on a distinguished road. (+10)

As previously suggested, switch up rep/set schemes.. whenever I plateau, I either switch exercises, or I add "widowmakers" for compound exercises. Simply finish your final set of a given compound movement, then reduce the weight to your 15 rep max (this is what I do) and crank out 20 reps. Also switching the order of exercises can help.

Whenever I plateau, I eat whatever I want for 2 to 3 days.... seems to help.
    Football > Rugby, end of story.

brettd87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

cool

nice thread, some real eye openers here, i been training for a year now and not seen to much change to my body exect for my tri ceps

im 5'11 and about 153lbs

iv never done deadlifting, squating or bent over rows in that time, witch i know relize was a big mistake, im still fairly skinny and jus want to build a much wider and fuller body, would the Begginer schedule work well for me?

also, it says Dips and Chin ups X5

surely 5 dips in a row 5 times is very easy, same for chin ups? Am i missing something or should i just do what i can do for 5 sets without going over the top?

I have a fairly strong mentality so picking my ass up and goin to the gym and pushing hard is not a problem.

Any info would be helpfull, great forum also, this thread alone has made it worth signing up and sticking around.

bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by brettd87 View Post
    nice thread, some real eye openers here, i been training for a year now and not seen to much change to my body exect for my tri ceps

im 5'11 and about 153lbs

iv never done deadlifting, squating or bent over rows in that time, witch i know relize was a big mistake, im still fairly skinny and jus want to build a much wider and fuller body, would the Begginer schedule work well for me?
    Yup, go for the beginner program and don't forget to EAT!

also, it says Dips and Chin ups X5

surely 5 dips in a row 5 times is very easy, same for chin ups? Am i missing something or should i just do what i can do for 5 sets without going over the top?
    Add weight (either with a dip belt, holding a dumbbell between your feet, or loading a backpack with plates) until you can only get ~5 reps.

Any info would be helpfull, great forum also, this thread alone has made it worth signing up and sticking around.
    Thanks!
    There is no greater natural advantage in life than to have an enemy overestimate your faults, unless it is to have a friend underestimate your virtues.
    -Don Vito Corleone

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166936131

bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i would like to try one cause they are my kind of routines same exercises every time you visit the gym.

Which routine would you suggest for a person who has been squatting, deadlifting, benching 3 times a week for the past 6 months.

Ive plateaued in size to be honest :/
    6 months isn't enough time to stray from the basics, the basic compound lifts will aid you best for a long time to come.

If you've plateaued in size it's because you haven't been eating enough and you haven't been progressing with weight added to the bar. Reset your weights 10-15% and double down on your eating.

No, you should be adding more weight.

Do the beginner routine. Read the "Keys to Success" again. Progression=Weight added to the bar and weight added to the scale.
    There is no greater natural advantage in life than to have an enemy overestimate your faults, unless it is to have a friend underestimate your virtues.
    -Don Vito Corleone

ZAN_TUNING is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZAN_TUNING is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZAN_TUNING is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZAN_TUNING is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZAN_TUNING is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZAN_TUNING is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZAN_TUNING is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZAN_TUNING is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZAN_TUNING is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZAN_TUNING is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZAN_TUNING is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I just want to say that up until March I had been lifting weights for probably 6 months. I started at 135 lbs with a height of 5'10". yea, pretty pathetic!!!!

Anyways my "newbie" gains were a mere 5 lbs LOL. So I finally caught this Reg Park routine and it made a lot of sense. Started with the basic routine A day and B day for maybe just over 6 weeks and took a week off and ate like a king all thoughout then repeated. I am now 161lbs!!!!! Never had I looked so full and proportioned! (obviously i'm still not big, but compared to what i have been my whole life haha)

This sounds lame but seriously... THANK YOU for sharing this awesome routine! I am now starting the 9 month program and LOVING EVERY MINUTE OF IT! I have bigger arms than friends of mine who do all kinds of isolated arm ****. COMPOUND FOR THE WIN!

Seriously... I used to be real boney looking up top around the shoulders and my ribs stuck out when I would do something like a double bicep pose... NOT ANYMORE.

Sorry for the long post and ****.. I am just excited and really wanted to share my success with this great routine!

Thanks!
    Last edited by ZAN_TUNING; 05-06-2009 at 08:34 PM.

Thumbs up Nice work!

Originally Posted by ZAN_TUNING View Post
    This sounds lame but seriously... THANK YOU for sharing this awesome routine! I am now starting the 9 month program and LOVING EVERY MINUTE OF IT! I have bigger arms than friends of mine who do all kinds of isolated arm ****. COMPOUND FOR THE WIN!
    Wow! A 21 lb weight gain 2 months? And 4 times as much as you gained in your first 6 months? That's extraordinary! I assume you did the Reg Park Beginner Routine? Feels good to finally have some meat on your bones, doesn't it? Post up some pics if you get a chance to.

I'm really happy to hear that this program continues to work for so many trainees who are willing to take a chance with something that many in the mainstream would consider unorthodox or less than optimal. Bottom line is, these programs work and they work really well. I've never heard back from any beginners who stuck to these program and ate for it who didn't return with amazing size and strength gains.

Keep at it!
    Last edited by bango skank; 05-07-2009 at 10:41 AM.
    -Don Vito Corleone

Darkmind is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darkmind is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darkmind is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darkmind is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darkmind is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darkmind is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darkmind is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darkmind is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darkmind is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darkmind is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darkmind is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I would think that some of those bodypart splits that elite bodybuilders use and advertise in flex are the unorthodoxed ones. The ones that are straight to the point, incorporate a lot of compound movements are the real basic, simple, and to the point routines!
    Screw my logs, I won't post one up until I know I'll be back in the game for sure!

ZAN_TUNING is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZAN_TUNING is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZAN_TUNING is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZAN_TUNING is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZAN_TUNING is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZAN_TUNING is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZAN_TUNING is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZAN_TUNING is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZAN_TUNING is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZAN_TUNING is on a distinguished road. (+10) ZAN_TUNING is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    yep 21lbs... obviously that's not all muscle. i do not have a beast six pack or anything but to me that actually is a good thing for now.it's not a gut, but i've had a "hunger" pack my entire life hahaha. i'm just so well proportioned now.

it's great to see friends and family that haven't been around for awhile and have them be shocked! they all say i look wider and i try not to smile too hard! WOOHOOOOOOO!

but yea, 6 months doing the typical split routines my arms gained a little and my back was showing a little, but chest was still that of a bird and no shoulders or traps of any kind.

within the first 3 weeks of the beginner reg park routine my shoulders were rounding and traps were showing up. my chest was slowly but surely starting to fill out... not much but for the first time i actually noticed pecs!!!

now i'm not embarrased to wear sleevless tee's or wifebeaters. even in normal t-shirts my upper body looks thick. i just can't explain how super insanely happy i am with all of this.

i think it's the fact that everything gets hit in low volume, but multiple times a week and it just keeps everything active. i don't eat super clean (yet) but i do EAT A GOOD BIT. I think i could stand to eat more.

Supplements are Protein, AST Multi Vitamin, and Creatine Ethyl Ester. That's it

the only reason i don't do a full 8 week cycle is because i'm getting stronger every day i lift. i always add weight even if it's just 2.5lbs on each side i'm still adding weight and doing the reps and after about 6 weeks in i feel abused.. in a great way tho! so i take a week off and just eat and supplement like normal and seriously that seems to be when i get bigger! it's crazy!

I now deadlift 305, bench 195 (started at 115), back squat 225, power clean/ standing shoulder press 155, and i use a weight belt with 25lbs for Chins. Those are all my 5 rep max's at the moment. not a 1rm which i never do. I just hit the gym and tell myself i'm gonna do more weight or it's not worth being in there.

If I can find a pic of when i started i'll post a before/after shot
    Last edited by ZAN_TUNING; 05-07-2009 at 08:34 PM.

140lbs

153lbs (not a good shot but you can see how thick my arms got.. didn't do any curls!)

do not pay attention to the date on this pic.. i dont' know how to set that **** on the camera LOL!

And I'll snap one this weekend of me at 160lbs.. my biceps actually peak pretty decently now and im just overall thicker up top.

(ps... the shirt i am wearing in the second pic used to fit the same way as the first pic. i actually fill my sleeves now!)
    Last edited by ZAN_TUNING; 05-07-2009 at 08:53 PM.

rjthakid is on a distinguished road. (+10) rjthakid is on a distinguished road. (+10) rjthakid is on a distinguished road. (+10) rjthakid is on a distinguished road. (+10) rjthakid is on a distinguished road. (+10) rjthakid is on a distinguished road. (+10) rjthakid is on a distinguished road. (+10) rjthakid is on a distinguished road. (+10) rjthakid is on a distinguished road. (+10) rjthakid is on a distinguished road. (+10) rjthakid is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by bango skank View Post

Reg Park's 9 Month 5x5 Program

Phase One

45-degree back extension 3x10
    Back squat 5x5
    Bench press 5x5
    Deadlift 5x5

Rest 3-5 minutes between the last 3 sets of each exercise.

TRAIN THREE DAYS PER WEEK FOR THREE MONTHS.
    I started this routine last night.

My concern: If you do this same routine 3 times a week, how do you give your muscles enough time to recover? I'm sore as hell today (love it), so I don't think I'll be ready to work the SAME muscle groups again tomorrow.

Originally Posted by rjthakid View Post
    I started this routine last night.

My concern: If you do this same routine 3 times a week, how do you give your muscles enough time to recover? I'm sore as hell today (love it), so I don't think I'll be ready to work the SAME muscle groups again tomorrow.
    Your muscles don't need to recover 100% for you to train them again. Don't worry about it. Fullbody 3x/week is easily done.

If after you do your two warm-up sets you still feel too sore, then you can rest another day, but my guess is that you won't need to. The warm-up is enough to get you ready to go.
    -Don Vito Corleone

rjthakid is on a distinguished road. (+10) rjthakid is on a distinguished road. (+10) rjthakid is on a distinguished road. (+10) rjthakid is on a distinguished road. (+10) rjthakid is on a distinguished road. (+10) rjthakid is on a distinguished road. (+10) rjthakid is on a distinguished road. (+10) rjthakid is on a distinguished road. (+10) rjthakid is on a distinguished road. (+10) rjthakid is on a distinguished road. (+10) rjthakid is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by bango skank View Post
    Your muscles don't need to recover 100% for you to train them again. Don't worry about it. Fullbody 3x/week is easily done.

If after you do your two warm-up sets you still feel too sore, then you can rest another day, but my guess is that you won't need to. The warm-up is enough to get you ready to go.
    Thanks for the reply.

I'll give it a shot.

i worried about the same thing... occassionaly i take an extra day off of deadlifts or squats. it's all good, just feel it out.

Ok, so a buddy of mine begged to come work out with me today because he said whatever I'm doing is WORKING and he wants in on it! haahahahaha I LOVE IT!

Went up 10 lbs on shoulder press and DEADLIFT!

Also, This week I start my cycle of Animal TEST. Time to get big!

thepointman is a complete loser! (-2000) thepointman is a complete loser! (-2000) thepointman is a complete loser! (-2000) thepointman is a complete loser! (-2000) thepointman is a complete loser! (-2000) thepointman is a complete loser! (-2000) thepointman is a complete loser! (-2000) thepointman is a complete loser! (-2000) thepointman is a complete loser! (-2000) thepointman is a complete loser! (-2000) thepointman is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Can someone explain how Phase 3 is even doable in under like 4 hours, if it's even possible at all (10x5 worth of squats alone, in addition to like a gazillion other exercises??)

Originally Posted by thepointman View Post
    Can someone explain how Phase 3 is even doable in under like 4 hours, if it's even possible at all (10x5 worth of squats alone, in addition to like a gazillion other exercises??)
    No, I cannot. I couldn't do it and, yes, it would take prolly 3 hours to complete.

I would say scale it down as necessary.
    -Don Vito Corleone

Don't worry about spending so much time in the gym.. unless your schedule just absolutely doesn't allow it. Some of the biggest guys in the gym I workout at will spend 2 hours on LEGS ALONE! other days they are in their for longer and they look beaaaast! I'm usually in the gym for an hour and a half probably because I take a full 3 to 4 minutes between working heavy sets and i'm increasing every session.

Just get plenty of rest!

ok question!

I plan to change things up a little to suit my liking a little more, would this 3 day split work ok? my main emphasis is Deadlift as it's truly my favorite thing to do... ever! I LOVE IT! but when i go so heavy now i can only do it once a week. let me know Bango! thanks!!!!

MONDAY:
    -deadlift 5x5 moderate weight
    -powercleans in to standing shoulder press 5x5 moderate weight
    -benchpress 5x5 heavy
    -weighted pull-ups (ng and wg)
    -wrist work
    -calves

WEDNESDAY:
    -squats 5x5 (heavy)
    -rows or maybe tbar 5x5
    -barbell curl 5x5
    -shrugs 3x5
    -benchpress (moderate weight)
    -wrist work
    -calves

FRIDAY:
    -deadlift 3x5 fuggin heavy
    -powercleans in to standing shoulder press 4x5 fuggin heavy
    -benchpress 5x5 heavy
    -weighted pull-ups (ng and wg)
    -leg press 5x5 (if legs are up to it)
    -wrist work
    -calves

Time in the gym is of no matter to me.. I love spending 2 hours in there! Not sure why people say to keep it under an hour because just over an hour is when i really get going! no lactic bullcrap acid feeling to me ? WOOOT!
    Last edited by ZAN_TUNING; 05-22-2009 at 04:00 PM.

Casey Butt is a name known to all. (+5000) Casey Butt is a name known to all. (+5000) Casey Butt is a name known to all. (+5000) Casey Butt is a name known to all. (+5000) Casey Butt is a name known to all. (+5000) Casey Butt is a name known to all. (+5000) Casey Butt is a name known to all. (+5000) Casey Butt is a name known to all. (+5000) Casey Butt is a name known to all. (+5000) Casey Butt is a name known to all. (+5000) Casey Butt is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by thepointman View Post
    Phase Three for Bodybuilders

45-degree back extension 4x10
    Front squat 5x5
    Back squat 5x5
    Standing barbell shoulder press 5x5
    Bench press 5x5
    Bent-over barbell row 5x5
    Deadlift 5x3
    Behind-the-neck press or one-arm dumbbell press 5x5
    Barbell curl 5x5
    Lying triceps extension 5x8
    Standing barbell calf raise 5x25

Rest 2 minutes between sets.

Should take about 2 hours. I do something similar every Sunday, but with 15 less total sets (three less exercises - no direct arm or calf work) and it takes me about 1 hour and 35 mins. I don't talk to anyone in the gym and I time 2-minute breaks. First when I started training I would have thought it was impossible, but it's largely just a matter of conditioning and what you're accustomed to. When training for contests Park often did much more than this - up to 3-hour workouts. When building up and training for strength he typically did something like this - or less.

Of course, a routine like that needs to be followed with a lot of good food and rest. Park ate like a king - that was part and parcel of getting something like this to work. Such a workload demands a big appetite to get over it.
    Last edited by Casey Butt; 05-29-2009 at 01:33 PM.

mccoog40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mccoog40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mccoog40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mccoog40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mccoog40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mccoog40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mccoog40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mccoog40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mccoog40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mccoog40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mccoog40 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Would it be alright to add arm work to one of the routines? Just slip like 3x10-12 curls and pressdowns in?

The reason I ask is because I like to lift arms, and lifting them (even if its just light stuff that doesn;t really 'help') helps me stick to a routine and gives me something to look forward to at the gym. So yeah, it's all mental.

I'm 5'9" and just under 200lbs at 14% bf. I've been lifting on and off for ten years, but have been back at the gym for about 3 months where I've dropped down from 225lbs and 24% bf. I've put on a little muscle visibly but now that I'm not shrouded in fat I'd like to really get some big gains.
    If it ain't hurtin, It ain't workin!

My 12-week Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=143562553

LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by mccoog40 View Post
    The reason I ask is because I like to lift arms, and lifting them (even if its just light stuff that doesn;t really 'help') helps me stick to a routine and gives me something to look forward to at the gym. So yeah, it's all mental.
    I think you answered your own question.

jessetk313 is not very well liked. (-100) jessetk313 is not very well liked. (-100) jessetk313 is not very well liked. (-100) jessetk313 is not very well liked. (-100) jessetk313 is not very well liked. (-100) jessetk313 is not very well liked. (-100) jessetk313 is not very well liked. (-100) jessetk313 is not very well liked. (-100) jessetk313 is not very well liked. (-100) jessetk313 is not very well liked. (-100) jessetk313 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Would it be alright to sub the standing press for seated DB shoulder presses in the Reg park beginner routine. I only ask because I have a bad history with my shoulders (right shoulder surgery 2 years ago), the dumbbells seem to cause less stress on myshoulders. Meaning less awkward feeling. What do you guys think?

believe in yourself! Flex_Kavana's Avatar
    Flex_Kavana has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Flex_Kavana has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Flex_Kavana has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Flex_Kavana has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Flex_Kavana has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Flex_Kavana has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Flex_Kavana has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Flex_Kavana has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Flex_Kavana has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Flex_Kavana has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Flex_Kavana has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Originally Posted by ThaCondor View Post
    I'm glad someone brought this up since I was just reading that article on t-nation. It mentioned his book and some digging I found this http://www.oldtimestrongman.com/reg_park.html and was wondering if anyone had read it and their thoughts on it?
    q3w
    Working it out boss.

jessetk313 is not very well liked. (-100) jessetk313 is not very well liked. (-100) jessetk313 is not very well liked. (-100) jessetk313 is not very well liked. (-100) jessetk313 is not very well liked. (-100) jessetk313 is not very well liked. (-100) jessetk313 is not very well liked. (-100) jessetk313 is not very well liked. (-100) jessetk313 is not very well liked. (-100) jessetk313 is not very well liked. (-100) jessetk313 is not very well liked. (-100)
    [QUOTE=jessetk313;340994651]Would it be alright to sub the standing press for seated DB shoulder presses in the Reg park beginner routine. I only ask because I have a bad history with my shoulders (right shoulder surgery 2 years ago), the dumbbells seem to cause less stress on myshoulders. Meaning less awkward feeling. What do you guys think?[/QU

Anyone have an opinion on this?

Well I made a mistake! I tried 4 weeks of the MAX OT routine which is 5 days a week hitting one body part a day. That stuff is worthless for me (obviously it works for some others) because doing the reg park routine I was consistantly gaining at least 1lb per week. the 4 weeks on max ot I stayed the same... then in one week back on Reg Park I start increasing my weight Plus I have more fun on the Reg setup. Big compound movements are so much more rewarding mentally and physically! WOOOT!

Just something I thought I would share hahaha! Anyways... I will be doing a BIO FORGE log soon with the Reg routine if anyone is interested. I'll post a link to it when I start which is probably next week. I'm punching my skinny genetics in the face... YES!!!!!