Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: RB stats help

Registered User xtaskforcetommy's Avatar
    xtaskforcetommy is on a distinguished road. (+10) xtaskforcetommy is on a distinguished road. (+10) xtaskforcetommy is on a distinguished road. (+10) xtaskforcetommy is on a distinguished road. (+10) xtaskforcetommy is on a distinguished road. (+10) xtaskforcetommy is on a distinguished road. (+10) xtaskforcetommy is on a distinguished road. (+10) xtaskforcetommy is on a distinguished road. (+10) xtaskforcetommy is on a distinguished road. (+10) xtaskforcetommy is on a distinguished road. (+10) xtaskforcetommy is on a distinguished road. (+10)

RB stats help

hey im looking for people that are in college ball or have been in college ball... with that said next year i will be going to college and will be doing a walk on for RB and im just looking for a little info on what i should be around ill be around 230-240lbs at about 7-10% bf hopefully ill be no less then 225 im more of a power runner. so im wondering what these should be around

1st my 40 dash last time i ran it was in high school ran a 4.42. i did get faster after that time due to track but taht was also about 70 lbs ago, still fast i still run a mile in less then 6:30 still out run mostly everyone i know. so what should my goal time be for this?

squat right now i dont know my max but my workn set is 495 for 5-10, how much more should i aim for?

leg press righ tnow is 1250 most iv done is 10, im aiming for 1600 for 10-15 that will be some time tho...

dead lift i havnt dead lifted in over a year last time i did it was 405 for 8.

if you have any info on this at all please let me know also if there are some other lifts you know that most colleges look for as a RB let me know... im sure i wont be a walk on at a D1 school i prob wont even get in to a D1 school. im hoping for a D2 thanks for your help

oh i 4 got bench, on bench press its 440 dead weight for 6, reverse bench is 315 for 10, incline 315 for 10
    Last edited by xtaskforcetommy; 12-13-2008 at 05:27 PM.

The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    do u have vids....those sound like some pretty amped-up lifts. as a freshman you would compete for a starting spot at a D1A college
    I rep U.S. Marines on sight.

9/26 - 165lb, 245 bench, 345 squat, 430 deadlift ,205 powerclean, 4.75 40, Must haz moar speedz and x-plosion :(

5'6" and completly flat-footed with almost 0% arch
    Rugby right now...hopefully can be a runningback next year for football
    Everyone wants to fight until they get punched in the mouth
    Negged because I refused to nuthug a cocky f*ggot

xtaskforcetommy is on a distinguished road. (+10) xtaskforcetommy is on a distinguished road. (+10) xtaskforcetommy is on a distinguished road. (+10) xtaskforcetommy is on a distinguished road. (+10) xtaskforcetommy is on a distinguished road. (+10) xtaskforcetommy is on a distinguished road. (+10) xtaskforcetommy is on a distinguished road. (+10) xtaskforcetommy is on a distinguished road. (+10) xtaskforcetommy is on a distinguished road. (+10) xtaskforcetommy is on a distinguished road. (+10) xtaskforcetommy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by The_LB_43 View Post
    do u have vids....those sound like some pretty amped-up lifts. as a freshman you would compete for a starting spot at a D1A college
    i dont have vids yet i m ganna be getting, n im ganna be a 23yr old fresh im in the military now thats why they might seem high if i was 18 id see that 2

The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    o **** lol 23 i just saw that
    i thought you ment outta-highschool frshman i was bout to yell troll
    r u lookin for a workout program or just excercises/drills?
    O/T, whut branch of the military were you in, and whut was your MOS, if you dont mind me askin?

9/26 - 165lb, 245 bench, 345 squat, 430 deadlift ,205 powerclean, 4.75 40, Must haz moar speedz and x-plosion :(

o **** lol 23 i just saw that
    i thought you ment outta-highschool frshman i was bout to yell troll
    r u lookin for a workout program or just excercises/drills?
    O/T, whut branch of the military were you in, and whut was your MOS, if you dont mind me askin?
    i dont need a work out program im jsut looking for where i should be at when the times comes next year, also i know my stats are dcent but theyll be a lot better.. i was just reading up on brandon jacobs..... " i am not compairing my RB abilitys to his" but at teh colom he only did 225x19... i mean thats good but i can reverse 225x19, what im really wondering is what 40 time i should be aiming for, b/c im sure once im at my goal weight allmy stats are ganna be there, also my endurance im wondering about...

im in the coast guard, and i was apart of a VIS "vertical insurgency team" we repeld from helicopters to container ships, and did some other stuff cant really talk about

whut college you looking at?
    and i wuld say a good rb at the college level runs a 4.6 or below 40(thats decent, but the elite backs have the 4.5 and below), and i honestly cant put accurate stuff on the other stats...you say your more of a power back, and at 240-/+ if your squatting 500 for repsxsets and running a 4.7 or below, im sure you will be fine. do you do parale athlete sqauts or ATG? do u powerclean?

whut college you looking at?
    and i wuld say a good rb at the college level runs a 4.6 or below 40(thats decent, but the elite backs have the 4.5 and below), and i honestly cant put accurate stuff on the other stats...you say your more of a power back, and at 240-/+ if your squatting 500 for repsxsets and running a 4.7 or below, im sure you will be fine. do you do parale athlete sqauts or ATG? do u powerclean?
    not sure where im ganna be going yet, still looking b/c its gotta be some where with a good phys ed program i was looking at cortland which is upstate NY but idk if im ganna get in there. yeah im a power back i like running things over, i do parallel squats. and no i dont powerclean... the biggest thing im thinkn is just gettn my 40 and endurance up

powercleans will do AMAZING things for your game, its like a front squat/deadlift/super curl/40-stance start all rolled into one

and endurance i wouldnt rele run miles...i did that all the time when i was younger, i wasent fast i just ran miles
    the longest distance u shuld go for football is occasional 1/4 miles
    do 100-150 yard sprints for enduarnce
    and agility/explosion/accel is wayyyyyy more important that your 40

powercleans will do AMAZING things for your game, its like a front squat/deadlift/super curl/40-stance start all rolled into one

and endurance i wouldnt rele run miles...i did that all the time when i was younger, i wasent fast i just ran miles
    the longest distance u shuld go for football is occasional 1/4 miles
    do 100-150 yard sprints for enduarnce
    and agility/explosion/accel is wayyyyyy more important that your 40
    oh i need to run miles i need to get my cardio up again... my mile and a half dropd to 10:33 when it used to be 9:10, but yeah what i meant by miles was going to be intervals, and 100yrd walking lunges... 175lbs makes u cry... powercleans are to much of a risk for my shoulder so i stay away

well you need 2 focus on fotball speed...5-yd resisted sprints up to 110yd sprints
    and come on bud. if you can bench squat and dead, you can clean =) dont wuss out...your shoulder will take a hella nice beatin as a rb

Nerrg is just really nice. (+1000) Nerrg is just really nice. (+1000) Nerrg is just really nice. (+1000) Nerrg is just really nice. (+1000) Nerrg is just really nice. (+1000) Nerrg is just really nice. (+1000) Nerrg is just really nice. (+1000) Nerrg is just really nice. (+1000) Nerrg is just really nice. (+1000) Nerrg is just really nice. (+1000) Nerrg is just really nice. (+1000)
    idk much about college (obviously), but would your stats, like 40 or reps of 225 really matter if you're trying to walk on? unless colleges do a combine test at the beginning of camp, and kick everyone out who isn't up to par, I would think that in walking on, how you do on the field is by far the most important thing.

WannaBeAthlete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WannaBeAthlete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WannaBeAthlete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WannaBeAthlete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WannaBeAthlete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WannaBeAthlete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WannaBeAthlete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WannaBeAthlete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WannaBeAthlete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WannaBeAthlete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WannaBeAthlete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I wouldn't run miles or even a mile at one time.

Was your 4.42-40 in high school hand timed or FAT?

what is FAT?
    electronic?

WannaBeAthlete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WannaBeAthlete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WannaBeAthlete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WannaBeAthlete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WannaBeAthlete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WannaBeAthlete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WannaBeAthlete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WannaBeAthlete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WannaBeAthlete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WannaBeAthlete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WannaBeAthlete has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Fully Automatic Timing, not sure they even use it at the HS level.

Also, are laser considered the best with no reaction time calced? I know hand can be off as much as .5 with a stopwatch. That is crazy.

lol damn .5? we use 3 coaches, 1 at start finish and 20yd, and times never stray by more than about .15
    and i hear laser time system is expensive 2 buy...? anyone know about this

Baseballer is just really nice. (+1000) Baseballer is just really nice. (+1000) Baseballer is just really nice. (+1000) Baseballer is just really nice. (+1000) Baseballer is just really nice. (+1000) Baseballer is just really nice. (+1000) Baseballer is just really nice. (+1000) Baseballer is just really nice. (+1000) Baseballer is just really nice. (+1000) Baseballer is just really nice. (+1000) Baseballer is just really nice. (+1000)
    Ya at my high school we use the "bryer"(sp) system. Its laser and times are slow as hell but accurate.

its not the lasers that are slow, buddy...=)

DeathByBacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeathByBacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeathByBacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeathByBacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeathByBacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeathByBacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeathByBacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeathByBacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeathByBacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeathByBacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeathByBacker is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Don't worry so much about stats. Thats the #1 most common issue with freshman. When you're wearing sprinter spikes, running down a track, your headcoach and position coach aren't going to care that much. It's not very relevant to the game.

Once you get gear on and go on the field, that's when it counts.

Oh, and get your squat way up. Its way too close to your bench, you should be squatting far more than you bench.

i honestly didnt know you could get that strong in the coast guard

Originally Posted by DeathByBacker View Post
    Don't worry so much about stats. Thats the #1 most common issue with freshman. When you're wearing sprinter spikes, running down a track, your headcoach and position coach aren't going to care that much. It's not very relevant to the game.

Once you get gear on and go on the field, that's when it counts.

Oh, and get your squat way up. Its way too close to your bench, you should be squatting far more than you bench.
    my squats are front squats idk about my back squats right now

i honestly didnt know you could get that strong in the coast guard
    why wouldnt u be able to get strong? i mean at work the dbells only go 2 90lbs but you just have to work what you do around what you have.

notamuppet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) notamuppet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) notamuppet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) notamuppet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) notamuppet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) notamuppet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) notamuppet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) notamuppet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) notamuppet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) notamuppet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) notamuppet has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    the lifts your doing right now are terrible and arent going to correlate to football at all

your leg press doesnt mean anything, football power all comes from the hips

Originally Posted by notamuppet View Post
    the lifts your doing right now are terrible and arent going to correlate to football at all

your leg press doesnt mean anything, football power all comes from the hips
    leg press is driving power.... and your saying squats are terrible? if your saying that then you dont know what your talking about

he's right...in football, all leg-press does is build your ego. stick to heavy squats, deads, and bench, and core work and sprints, you'll kick ass.

leg press is a driving motin which for a RB for pass blocking, and driving thru tackle would help

jeisenberg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeisenberg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeisenberg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeisenberg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeisenberg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeisenberg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeisenberg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeisenberg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeisenberg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeisenberg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jeisenberg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    he's right...in football, all leg-press does is build your ego. stick to heavy squats, deads, and bench, and core work and sprints, you'll kick ass.
    .X2
    Keep it simple...

"The odds are always against you no matter what your previous history is. You have to overcome the tendency to relax." Tom Osborne

DeathByBacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeathByBacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeathByBacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeathByBacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeathByBacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeathByBacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeathByBacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeathByBacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeathByBacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeathByBacker is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeathByBacker is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You're never on your back driving with your legs in football. Its not a practical motion, and its on a machine.. and most machines suck. Squats are the best thing you can do.

its leg strength, and leg press is a major leg work out

HardHitter22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HardHitter22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HardHitter22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HardHitter22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HardHitter22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HardHitter22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HardHitter22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HardHitter22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HardHitter22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HardHitter22 is on a distinguished road. (+10) HardHitter22 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by xtaskforcetommy View Post
    its leg strength, and leg press is a major leg work out
    You are missing the point of what they are saying. It's on a machine and has almost no transfer to football strength.