russellmania79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Most of my calories consists of shakes and I don't know where or how to cut... help!

Hey guys... I'm trying to lose weight and for the life of me I just can't. I usually eat the same food everyday and I haven't been counting my calories up until I did a tally this evening. I don't have the best diet but the amount of calories are still high:

breakfast: protein shake with a lot of extra's added (2 eggs, cup of blueberries, 1/4 cup raw oats, 1 cup of rice milk, scoop of why protein, 1 banana, 1/2 cup of blackberries, tablespoon of sunflower seeds) = 811 calories

workout

lunch: I usually have another shake same as above = 811 calories

snack: spelt bread with tablespoon of butter = 204 calories

dinner: 4 breakfast veggie sausage links with 2 cups of salad = 155 calories

It doesn't sound like much but my daily intake equals 1983 calories. I'm 5'6, weigh 178 pounds, 35.5 inch waist, and i've been at this weight for atleast the last year and this is the diet i've pretty much maintained except for the dinner which i'll substitute with salmon sometimes or other veggie foods since i want to lower my intake of meat due to ethical reasons. I'm pretty muscular but i do have some chubb around my waist with evident love handles that i would like to lose. I've calculated my bmr and its 2487. So if i'm taking in roughly 2000 calories and i need 2487 to maintain my weight than the bmr formula must be off since obviously its the 2000 calories i'm taking in daily than that is my current maintenance weight.

Now i know to lose about a pound a week i have to cut out 500 calories a day from my meals. I just don't know where to cut and also is 1500 calories too low? I feel like if i cut out 500 calories i'm not going to have much to eat and i'm going to be staving all day. Over the last week i've started to up my cardio on the treamill to about 40 minutes of a mix of jogging and and fast walking and see if that makes a difference.

So i guess i'm asking, despite me not eating a lot of foods, my calorie intake is kind of high because of the two shakes im drinking.... i really need help with my diet. Is this ok? How can I lose a bit more weight? Add more cardio? Cut from my diet? Both? Help! Thanks guys.

waynebw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) waynebw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) waynebw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) waynebw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) waynebw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) waynebw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) waynebw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) waynebw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) waynebw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) waynebw has a spectacular aura about. (+250) waynebw has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by russellmania79 View Post
    Hey guys... I'm trying to lose weight and for the life of me I just can't. I usually eat the same food everyday and I haven't been counting my calories up until I did a tally this evening. I don't have the best diet but the amount of calories are still high:

breakfast: protein shake with a lot of extra's added (2 eggs, cup of blueberries, 1/4 cup raw oats, 1 cup of rice milk, scoop of why protein, 1 banana, 1/2 cup of blackberries, tablespoon of sunflower seeds) = 811 calories

workout

It doesn't sound like much but my daily intake equals 1983 calories. I'm 5'6, weigh 178 pounds, 35.5 inch waist, and i've been at this weight for atleast the last year and this is the diet i've pretty much maintained except for the dinner which i'll substitute with salmon sometimes or other veggie foods since i want to lower my intake of meat due to ethical reasons. I'm pretty muscular but i do have some chubb around my waist with evident love handles that i would like to lose. I've calculated my bmr and its 2487. So if i'm taking in roughly 2000 calories and i need 2487 to maintain my weight than the bmr formula must be off since obviously its the 2000 calories i'm taking in daily than that is my current maintenance weight.

Now i know to lose about a pound a week i have to cut out 500 calories a day from my meals. I just don't know where to cut and also is 1500 calories too low? I feel like if i cut out 500 calories i'm not going to have much to eat and i'm going to be staving all day. Over the last week i've started to up my cardio on the treamill to about 40 minutes of a mix of jogging and and fast walking and see if that makes a difference.

So i guess i'm asking, despite me not eating a lot of foods, my calorie intake is kind of high because of the two shakes im drinking.... i really need help with my diet. Is this ok? How can I lose a bit more weight? Add more cardio? Cut from my diet? Both? Help! Thanks guys.

I would say 2 shakes firsty thing is bad, but theres lots of nutrients in those, so the look great... except... I would take out some of the berries. As great as berries are, they do have sugars, so I would cut the berries in half (not litterally, just have half the amount lol) in your second shake.

I'm sure those shakes are very filling, but if you want to be more full (after cutting the berries down), simply have a serve of veg (eg broccoli) before the shake. Green veg is free of calories almost, so use it to fill up any time of the day. You need the vitamins too.

This will drop your calories a little, so on top of that, make every second workout a strength training workout, like squats, chest press, seated rows etc. And this will use more calories, plus boost your metabolism more.

Hope this helps you

brb getting bigger than u algforcek's Avatar
    algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Cool

workout

Your Diet is FBR or ****ED BEYOND REPAIR.

Think of your diet like you are building a fire... Do you just pile up some logs and try to light it with a match or lighter?

Or do you start with small sticks and branches?

You need five to six smaller meals and no 800 calorie bombs dude. You are lifting in the morning so I would eat a small carb laidened snack of like 150 to 200 calories and then down a shake afterwards (400 cals max).

Those shakes you make may look good but all that fekking fruit is natural sugar and you are storing it bro. I don't know what protein powder you use, but just use the powder and cut down on all the bull**** you are throwing in there.

That shake you make would be great if you are trying to bulk; however, you are trying to lose weight...

Now... back to the damn fire.

In the morning, breakfast is your most important meal of the day (so they say). So after your work out have a nice 400 calorie meal and then have additional meals of no more than 400 calories. What will happen is the lil fire you started in the morning will be a god damn inferno by dinner.

You throw in some HIIT cardio and some fat burn cardio and you WILL lose the weight. You cannot expect to lose weight ingesting two large meals early and light meals at night.

You are building your fire in reverse.

VR
    Sponge
    Hi JeNN!
    My weightloss journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=111720161
    Cheat Meals: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=111993701

russellmania79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by algforcek View Post
    Your Diet is FBR or ****ED BEYOND REPAIR.

Think of your diet like you are building a fire... Do you just pile up some logs and try to light it with a match or lighter?

Or do you start with small sticks and branches?

You need five to six smaller meals and no 800 calorie bombs dude. You are lifting in the morning so I would eat a small carb laidened snack of like 150 to 200 calories and then down a shake afterwards (400 cals max).

Those shakes you make may look good but all that fekking fruit is natural sugar and you are storing it bro. I don't know what protein powder you use, but just use the powder and cut down on all the bull**** you are throwing in there.

That shake you make would be great if you are trying to bulk; however, you are trying to lose weight...

Now... back to the damn fire.

In the morning, breakfast is your most important meal of the day (so they say). So after your work out have a nice 400 calorie meal and then have additional meals of no more than 400 calories. What will happen is the lil fire you started in the morning will be a god damn inferno by dinner.

You throw in some HIIT cardio and some fat burn cardio and you WILL lose the weight. You cannot expect to lose weight ingesting two large meals early and light meals at night.

You are building your fire in reverse.

VR
    Sponge
    Are you sure about cutting out the fruit? The 1 cup of blueberries is 79 calories and the half a cup of blackberries is 34 calories, so its not really much and I get all the great nutrients that come along with it.

I'm the real one. BurberryPlaid's Avatar
    BurberryPlaid will become famous soon enough. (+50) BurberryPlaid will become famous soon enough. (+50) BurberryPlaid will become famous soon enough. (+50) BurberryPlaid will become famous soon enough. (+50) BurberryPlaid will become famous soon enough. (+50) BurberryPlaid will become famous soon enough. (+50) BurberryPlaid will become famous soon enough. (+50) BurberryPlaid will become famous soon enough. (+50) BurberryPlaid will become famous soon enough. (+50) BurberryPlaid will become famous soon enough. (+50) BurberryPlaid will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Are you sure about cutting out the fruit? The 1 cup of blueberries is 79 calories and the half a cup of blackberries is 34 calories, so its not really much and I get all the great nutrients that come along with it.
    The berries provide great nutrients and health benefits, but if you are trying to cut, you might want to skip them for a month or so.
    Straight Edge soldier since 2005

FC Barcelona
    Athletic Club
    Newcastle United
    Buffalo Bills

brb getting bigger than u algforcek's Avatar
    algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yes, I would cut out everything but the shake itself, and use good ole H2O to make your shakes. 800 calories at one time is WAY too much.
    Hi JeNN!
    My weightloss journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=111720161
    Cheat Meals: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=111993701