dgninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dgninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dgninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dgninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dgninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dgninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dgninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dgninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dgninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dgninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dgninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

The struggle to 10% BF

So I decided to try out the Keto diet in an attempt to drop a bit more BF% to get some ab defination as I hit a pleatu on my current diet. Wondering if I am doing this properly. Call me vain but I want to look good with out a shirt on. Why you may ask? Well I going to Hawaii in summer 09 for a job, so that is a big motivating factor. Prior to this year I was a chunky kid, but since I made my commitment to lose weight and fat in June I have dropped almost 40 pounds and looking lean. I just feel I need to lean out a bit more.

My stats
    Height: 5'9
    Weight: 154-156
    BF: 15%

Feedings:
    I eat about six meals a day, which include a Nectar or Isopure shake. I have ironed out my current Keto diet which looks kinda like this.

Meal 1: 10 Almonds w/ 1 scoop of Isopure or Nectar Protein

Meal 2: 6 oz chicken, 2 tbsp of cheddar cheese, 1/2c cucumber, 1 jalapeno, 1 tbsp black olives, and 3 cherry tomatoes

Meal 3: 6 oz chicken or tuna, 1 tsp mustard, 1 slice of provolone cheese, 1 tbsp black olives, 1/2c cucumber,1 tbsp black olives and 1 jalapeno

Meal 4: 1c full cream plain yogurt w/ a packet of splenda, 1tsp peanut butter, walnuts, shredded coconut, sliced almonds, and chopped pecans.

Meal 5: 1/5c egg beaters w/ 2 tbsp of cheddar cheese, 1 slice of provolone cheese, 3-4 strips of bacon, 1tbsp jalapenos, 1tbsp salsa

Meal 6: 4 leaves of lettuce w/ 1oz of philly cream cheese, 1tbsp natty peanut butter, and 2tbsp walnuts

Which puts me at about CALS: 1,734 / CARBS: 30g / FAT: 106g / PROTEIN: 164g

My supplements:
    CLA
    Seasim
    Fish Oil
    Animal Pak
    Animal Flex
    I have considered taking some Animal Cuts as well, but undecided as to right now.

Workouts: I workout 5-6 times a week where I focus on cycle on my body groups. I do LISS cardio everyday for about 20-30 minutes execpt at the beginning and end of my training cycle where I now do 45-60 minutes of cardio.

I will try and keep stuff posted, mostly to keep myself focused on this diet. Keto is unlike anything else, but I think it can help me push through this last bit of fat while keeping the muscle I have gained through lifting.

Anywho, till next time.
    - Jay

dgninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dgninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dgninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dgninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dgninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dgninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dgninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dgninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dgninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dgninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dgninja has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yesterday went fine as far as my diet is going. My macros came out like this.

CALS: 2,036 / CARBS: 30 (6%) / FATS: 139 (61%) / PROTEIN: 171 (33%)

Got in a decent and quick cross fit workout in at the end of the day along with 15 minutes on the bike.

Still debating on taking Animal Cuts or not. I will have to do a bit more research to ensure I am not going to inhibit the fats in my system which will take away from my primary energy source.
    Last edited by dgninja; 12-14-2008 at 05:57 AM.

thatpyt has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

Good lookin diet!! (I might need to steal #4 though lol) Cant wait to hear good news about your progress..Congrats on your success thus far... keep up the good work!!
    ~If I didn't shine, the world would be in darkness~

Thanks for the kind words thatpyt and you can steal that meal if ya like.

For today I was taken to a nice Arabic resturant as my office was wishing a few people well as they set off to better location. Let me tell you that was rough, as I love Arabic flat bread, but thankfully I resisted. Once you can get pasted the bread you can find some very keto friendly stuff.

I had chicken, lamb, cilantro salad w/ olive oil, a olive mix with a bit of pomegrate and about 2 tbsp of baba ganoush and hummus.

Then it was back to normal, just I had more eggs today and less nuts to make sure I didn't go to crazy on the carbs since I finally got to ketosis. Though it still feels a bit funny as I have moments of tremendous energy and then bouts of low energy. I guess my body is still adjusting.

Anyway, today's break down is...

CALS: 1,702 / CARBS: 32 (8%) / FATS: 102 (54%) / PROTEIN: 162 (38%)

Getting ready to head home for the holidays. I figure Christmas would be a good day to do my first carb up. Though my work outs will suffer a bit with me being away from the gym, my dad's house is near a bunch of hills so my cardio should keep me in line.

Anyway today was average.

CALS: 1,927 / CARBS: 31 (7%) / FATS: 139 (65%) / PROTEIN: 136 (28%)

Not bad if I do so say myself.

Traveling now a days is a pain. Not only was I stuck in a plane for over 10 hours as I bounced back and forth, I ended stuck in hotel waiting for another plane today.

This all sucked because I really had to scramble to find keto friendly foods around or munch on the almonds I brought with me.

Over all my break out was this.

CALS: 1,762 / CARBS: 42 (6.4%) which includes 14g of fiber / FATS: 106 (54.4%) / PROTEIN: 172 (39.2%)

So yeah, yesterday was a pain but I still seem to be in keto as the signs are still there. Hopefully today will be a bit better.