Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    LifesaBitchImItsPlayer foxrider1's Avatar
    foxrider1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) foxrider1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) foxrider1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) foxrider1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) foxrider1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) foxrider1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) foxrider1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) foxrider1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) foxrider1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) foxrider1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) foxrider1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by frvrmuscle View Post
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Greatest fricken night ever. Wrestled one of the best matches i've done this year, going hard the whole match, finally ended up pinning my kid in the third period. Best part was that it was my match that let us win the dual meet by four points ive been working my butt off all week in practice and its great to get some redemption after last week, lol. Leaving for Brentwood, TN tomorrow to wrestle one match in the evening, then finish up the tournament on saturday.
    well done bro, now get some more pics up
    FOLLOW MY JOURNAL!! http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=278754281#post278754281

frvrmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) frvrmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) frvrmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) frvrmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) frvrmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) frvrmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) frvrmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) frvrmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) frvrmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) frvrmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) frvrmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    updates on weekend.
    Had the worst draw ever in the seedings for the tournament. Friday night i had the 2nd ranked kid in the tournament who is ranked 3rd at 189 in tennessee for my first match. I actually wrestled fairly well against him, got the first takedown, was able to escape wen i was on bottom, etc., but like 3 dif. times during the match he would catch me when i was just a little off balance and hip in, taking me to my back. He ended up pinning me in the 3rd period.

Next two matches on saturday in the conselation bracket i was winning by points before i pinned them in the 3rd period. 4th match of the weekend i won like 8 or 10 to 4, the refs wer HORRIBLE about calling our team for stalling, so after i had gotten a couple stalling calls on top i just cut him loose and then took him down and let him up a few more times.

In the Conselation Semi-finals i actually had the SAME guy who had beaten me in the first match, but i just had the mind-set to still go out ther and wrestle to win. I was BALLIN this match, wreslting well without really making any mistakes. I was up like 8-6 with 30 seconds left in the match wen he got deep in my legs. I thought i was only up by one, so instead of letting him have it i was fighting at all costs from giving up the takedown. He ended up getting it and taking me to my back, pinning me again with like 5-10 seconds left. Had i known that i was up by two, i could have let him take me down and then escaped fairly easily for the winning point, or at the very least taken the match into overtime .

Last match i won by points, 8-3 or something like that. Ended up getting 5th. Even though the placing wasnt that great, i was VERY happy with how i wrestled this weekend, finally have the conditioning/mindset to go HARD to whole match. Sore as crap today, plus i think i have a minor injury to my right shoulder. Hopefully it will heal up all right in the next few days. Should be doing legs tomorrow. Was planning on re-introducing some light squats, but will have to see whether my shoulder will let me hold the bar behind my back or not.
    CHECK OUT THE JOURNAL!!! http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=112624821

frvrmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) frvrmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) frvrmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) frvrmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) frvrmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) frvrmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) frvrmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) frvrmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) frvrmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) frvrmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) frvrmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Light Legs (still semi-rehab, starting to work into squats/heavier weights)

10-15 min. warm up, LOTS of stretching, bw step-ups, w/u for shoulders, etc.

Squats
    135x10
    225x6
    work sets (NTF, just easing back into squats, getting comfortable with the form again and being careful of Hamstring)
    275x3
    275x3
    275x3
    275x3
    275x3

45 Degree Leg Press
    2 plates a sidex15
    4 plates a sidex10
    6 plates a sidex6
    work sets
    8 plates a sidex3 (fairly intense set, priority was staying tight and getting slight stimulation on hammy w/o damaging it tho)
    6 plates a sidex20 (ntf, tho did get a pretty good burn/pump)

Cybex Lying Leg Curls
    62.5x10
    work sets (NTF)
    112.5x6
    112.5x6
    112.5x6

DB RDL's (NTF)
    30'sx12
    45'sx10
    65'sx10

Nautilus Donkey Calf Raises (NTF)
    150x20
    200x15
    250x10

Then PW shake, more stretching for ~10 min, hot shower and some rehab work for shoulder.
    CHECK OUT THE JOURNAL!!! http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=112624821

kneedamage is just really nice. (+1000) kneedamage is just really nice. (+1000) kneedamage is just really nice. (+1000) kneedamage is just really nice. (+1000) kneedamage is just really nice. (+1000) kneedamage is just really nice. (+1000) kneedamage is just really nice. (+1000) kneedamage is just really nice. (+1000) kneedamage is just really nice. (+1000) kneedamage is just really nice. (+1000) kneedamage is just really nice. (+1000)
    Few questions:
    1. Natty right?
    2. What is extreme stretching?
    3. Youre doing DC?

How long have you been on this routine? Huge for any age, brah.

Originally Posted by kneedamage View Post
    Few questions:
    1. Natty right?
    2. What is extreme stretching?
    3. Youre doing DC?

How long have you been on this routine? Huge for any age, brah.
    1.Yes. Currently using Whey Protein, Beta Alanine, and Noxplode (along with fish oil and MSM for my pulled hamstring). Have used creatine in the past as well, tho not currently because of the water weight which i don't need right now during wreslting.
    2. Introduced By John Parillo and More recently Dante (founder of DC), the belief that weighted streches (done with absolute intensity) can improve recovery and help muscle growth by stretching out the fascia that surrounds muscle tissue and leave room for more growth.
    3. Not stringently. Right now, my MAIN priority is maximizing my strength while maintiaing my current weight (191 pounds) for wrestling. I also take into account fatigue caused by wrestling practices prior to my workouts, and the soreness that my workouts would create (which would impede my wrestling practices) both of which lend themselves to lower-volume training.

Wrestling practice went long today and was pretty intense. My glycogen stores were SHOT, so i decided to do some pretty low-rep training today. Hams wer pretty sore today, plus im still being careful with my shoulder, so i experimented with a few exercises i was pretty sure wouldn't bother it.

Back

Nautilus All-Purpose Machine Hammer Grip Pullups
    BWx6w/u
    work sets
    BW+50x5
    BW+50x5
    BW+50x4

Cybex Machine Rows (neutral grip)
    100x12w/u
    150x6w/u
    200x5w/u
    work sets
    250(stack)x6
    250(stack)x5
    250(stack)x5+1/2 rep (1/2 rep for me is 1/2 to 2/3 of the way and holding it there, trying to finish the rep for ~5 sec. before giving up)

Underhand Grip Lat Pulldowns
    150x6w/u
    work sets
    200x7
    212.2x5 or 6
    212.5x5

Was EXTREMELY happy with strength today, this workout was fun, lol. Havent noticed any amazing pmps with noxplode, but it DEF. helps with my energy/focus, crucial to good workouts on days when we have tough practices.

Chest

Incline BB Press
    Barx10w/u
    135x8w/u
    work sets (NTF, no spotter, 1 sec. pause at bottom before pressing it back up)
    185x5
    185x5
    185x5

Cybex Chest Press
    100x10w/u
    150x8w/u
    175x5w/u
    work sets
    112.5x5
    112.5x5
    112.5x4

Incline Smith Press
    105x8w/u
    155x5w/u
    work sets
    195x3
    195x2+1/2 rep
    175x4

Shoulders

Seated DB lateral Raises
    25x8w/u
    30x5w/u
    work sets
    35x5
    35x6
    35x5

Cybex Shoulder Press (seated Backwards, the angle kills my delts that way)
    75x8w/u
    work sets
    112.5x6
    120x4+1/2
    120x5

Pretty good workout. Strength wasn't as great as it was for back yesterday, but not esp. disapointing either. LESS THAN A MONTH TILL WRESTLING IS OVER! Going to get frciken HUGE once the season ends. Will prob train similar to the last couple of days for the first few weeks once i start bulking. Straight sets, low reps, focusing on STRENGTH.
    Last edited by frvrmuscle; 01-21-2009 at 07:25 PM.

Legs

5-10 min. of stretching

Squats (NTF)
    135x10w/u
    225x6w/u
    work sets
    295x3
    295x3
    295x3
    295x3
    295x3

DB RDL's (NTF)
    45x12
    60x12
    75x12

Bis

BB curls
    60x10w/u
    80x6w/u
    work sets
    110x5 STRICT
    110x6 (SLIGHT cheating on last 3 reps)
    110x6 (SLIGHT cheating on last 3 reps)

Tris

Incline Smith CG bench
    105x10w/u
    155x6w/u
    work sets
    175x5
    175x7 (lil help on last rep)
    175x6

MattPatching has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattPatching has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattPatching has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattPatching has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattPatching has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattPatching has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattPatching has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MattPatching has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good work brah! keep it up
    'Someone, Somewhere Is Training, And One Day, When You Meet Him On The Field, He Will Beat You. Unless That Person Is You!'
    Jonny Wilkinson

kneedamage is just really nice. (+1000) kneedamage is just really nice. (+1000) kneedamage is just really nice. (+1000) kneedamage is just really nice. (+1000) kneedamage is just really nice. (+1000) kneedamage is just really nice. (+1000) kneedamage is just really nice. (+1000) kneedamage is just really nice. (+1000) kneedamage is just really nice. (+1000) kneedamage is just really nice. (+1000) kneedamage is just really nice. (+1000)
    Maybe I missed it, but what does NTF mean?

I read about the extreme stretching, and tried it friday night. It felt good, it hurt, which I did not expect, and then I even felt a pump from it. It was pretty awesome and I will continue to do it. Thank you for telling me about it.

Originally Posted by kneedamage View Post
    Maybe I missed it, but what does NTF mean?

I read about the extreme stretching, and tried it friday night. It felt good, it hurt, which I did not expect, and then I even felt a pump from it. It was pretty awesome and I will continue to do it. Thank you for telling me about it.
    not to failure

and yeah, its gotta be excruciating if your doing it right, but it give this weird feeling of pump/fullness like you said.

update on wreslting. Had a good meet today, we had Regional Duals. Compared to the caliber of competition we usually travel to wrestle against, this meet was nothing, so it was a fairly easy day. Had 3 pins in the first period and 2 forfeits, which should secure me the number 1 seed in the bracket for Regionals. No injuries, got in quick and got out. All in all a good day

Depending on how my shoulder feels tomorrow, i might do back tomorrow at home including some power cleans, or i might take the day off and start back on Monday. If i wait till monday, im thinking of borrowing some workouts from WS4SB. check out http://www.defrancostraining.com/articles.html...or mabey ill just go with what i've been doing...who knows, lol

EDIT: went out to eat at mexican after wrestling meet. Super Burrito FTW, the thing is at LEAST a foot long, ~4 in. wide, and i LOVE EVERY BIT OF IT, lol
    Last edited by frvrmuscle; 01-24-2009 at 06:58 PM.

Was supposed to do legs today, but Wreslting today was incredibly intense, def. in the top 5 of hardest practices ever. Add the fact that i minorly pulled what i think is the lower part of my trap on the right side, which on top of it simply being pulled was making it slightly harder to breath, and i knew i needed to give my body a break. Legs will be tomorrow.

On another note, there should be no school tomorrow or the next day for that matter. Expected 3-6 in. of snow tonight, then snow/ice tomorrow. me happy

Legs

5-10 Minutes of DYNAMIC warm up, as opposed to static stretches like i usually do. Liked it alot and will probably begin to use this prior to leg days from now on.

Squats (NTF)
    Barx10w/u
    135x10w/u
    225x6w/u
    275x3 w/u
    work sets
    315x3
    315x3
    315x3
    315x3
    315x3 (felt good on these, will prob try 315 for 3 sets of 5 or so next time i do legs)

DB's step-up (knee height, new exercise)
    45'sx10(each leg)w/u
    60'sx8(each leg)
    75'sx6(each leg) fairly close to failure, will def. use straps the next time i do these as well)

Cybex Leg Curls
    75x15w/u
    112.5x6w/u
    work sets
    150x5(was planning on doing 3-5 sets of these with 150 but it was pulling on my hamstring pretty bad)
    112.5x12
    112.5x12

Smith Machine RDL's
    (sumo stance)105x12
    (reg. stance)105x12

Good, solid leg workout. Hamstring is def. continuing to improve and i might start going to failure on squats in the next couple of weeks.

UPDATES

We got absolutely hammered with snow and esp. ice. Like the whole town is on lockdown, we went through downtown earlier and there wasnt a single store open, the streetlights wernt even working! lol. We've been without heat, electricity, or our phone lines since around 11 last night. Still nothing as of a couple of hours ago, luckily i have a friend that lives 5-10 min. walk away, so i ran over ther and found out they have everything so im spendin the night with them. Still got in a chest workout at home regardless...

Chest

5 min. shoulder warmup

Incline BB press (bar is 15 lbs, thinner than a 45 plus the weight bench is pretty small)
    115x12w/u
    145x6w/u
    work sets
    175x6
    195x3

Incline DB Flye/press (an in between exercise, because my adjustable DB can only fit ~63 pounds each)
    63x10
    63x8-10 (forget)

Finished off with a machine chest press on this workout machine that i have, just doing high reps with the stack
    20 reps with body angled for upper chest
    10 reps Flat
    10 reps lower chest

18 reps upper chest
    5 reps, 5 sec. rest 5 reps flat
    5 reps, 5 sec rest, 5 reps flat

Took 10 sec. rest between each angle on last triset

Then a few sets of elbows-flared Tricep pushdowns and some high rep overhead DB extension later on in the evening.

So this week has been pretty crazy as far as working out has gone. The Gym has been closed the last couple of days because of the road conditions/power outages, and it was finally open yesterday but i had to leave fairly early to go wrestling practice and it closed early before i got back. I originally was not planning to work out today, because we were supposed to be leaving today to go wrestle at the State Duals tomorrow, but i just got the call that the tournament has been cancelled because of all of this inclement weather, so i will probably get a little bit of Legs/Back/Bis today and some Chest/shoulders/tris tomorrow.

10 min. Dynamic Warm up

Squats (First time going to failure since pre-hamstring injury)
    Barx10w/u
    135x10w/u
    225x6w/u
    work sets
    315x5 (NTF)
    335x4 (went for a 5th rep, but dropped down too fast/low my last rep and lost all tightness, couldn't get it back up)
    225x20 (NTF, deload-set)

Deadlifts (fisrt time doing reg. deadlifts since hamstring injury, also forgot straps today)
    135x10w/u
    225x6w/u
    work sets (NTF, very aware of hamstring, SLOW positive/negative)
    315x5
    315x5
    315x5

Underhand Grip Lat Pulldowns
    125x10w/u
    175x6w/u
    work set
    212.5x8 (INCREDIBLY intense set, all i need to do on these)

Cybex Machine Rows (Overhand Grip)
    100x15 w/u
    150x8w/u
    work set
    200x7

Horizontal Leg Press Calf Raises
    180x15w/u
    work sets (slow negatives)
    300x12(short of failure)
    360x10

Very good workout, was especially pleased with strength on Pulldowns. Squatting strength is fairly close to my previous personal best of 365x3. Was very conservative on deadlifts because i could def. feel my hamstring...decided it would just be better to take it easy and stimulate it, breaking down any scar tissue, etc.

bigAFG416 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigAFG416 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigAFG416 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigAFG416 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigAFG416 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigAFG416 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigAFG416 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigAFG416 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigAFG416 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigAFG416 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigAFG416 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    dude, you're an animal. Your shoulders are ballistic.
    Just because you weren't great in the past doesn't mean you can't be great in the future.

Originally Posted by bigAFG416 View Post
    lol, thnx man

TkOliTk is on a distinguished road. (+10) TkOliTk is on a distinguished road. (+10) TkOliTk is on a distinguished road. (+10) TkOliTk is on a distinguished road. (+10) TkOliTk is on a distinguished road. (+10) TkOliTk is on a distinguished road. (+10) TkOliTk is on a distinguished road. (+10) TkOliTk is on a distinguished road. (+10) TkOliTk is on a distinguished road. (+10) TkOliTk is on a distinguished road. (+10) TkOliTk is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I agree, how much do you eat when you are bulkin' bro? What do your macro's tend to look like, roughly. Currently bulkin' you see

bigAFG416 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigAFG416 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigAFG416 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigAFG416 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigAFG416 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigAFG416 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigAFG416 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigAFG416 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigAFG416 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigAFG416 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bigAFG416 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    lol, thnx man
    BTW, I'm def. in on this **** now haha.
    Just because you weren't great in the past doesn't mean you can't be great in the future.

Chest

Incline DB press
    45'sx15w/u
    65'sx8w/u
    85'sx4w/u
    work sets
    100x4+3 forced reps
    85'sx9+2 forced reps

Cybex Chest Press
    100x12w/u
    150x8w/u
    200x5w/u
    work set
    225x4+2 negatives

Cable Crossovers
    50x12w/u
    work set
    80x11

DB laterals
    30x12w/u
    work sets
    40x8
    40x10
    20x6 (seated, 5 sec. hold at the top of each rep)+2 (3 sec. negative)

Smith Machine Incline CGBP
    105x8w/u
    work set
    155x4+1/2 rep

Cable Pushdowns
    100x12w/u
    150(stack)12(SLOW negatives)
    Last edited by frvrmuscle; 01-31-2009 at 01:53 PM.

Originally Posted by TkOliTk View Post
    I agree, how much do you eat when you are bulkin' bro? What do your macro's tend to look like, roughly. Currently bulkin' you see
    Lol, i honestly don't know the daily totals...Im trying to stay at ~190 right now, but with the intensity of the wreslting practices, it takes a good amount of eating to stay there. I'll count up tonight to give u an idea of how many im eating now, plus wat i'll start bulkin on once the season's over (3 MORE WEEKS!!!!)

BTW, I'm def. in on this **** now haha.
    thnx brah, glad to have ya
    Last edited by frvrmuscle; 01-31-2009 at 01:54 PM.

Good chest day man.

How do you feel about volume vs frequency?

Good chest day man.

How do you feel about volume vs frequency?
    I've used everything at one point or another man. I would say as long as you are advanced enough to use sufficient intensity, then having more frequent workouts with less volume would inspire greater recovery along with more times stimulating the muscle in a set period of time versus high volume. The different types of workouts that are possible are limitless tho man, as soon as you begin to stagnate on a certain program, change it up and shock your body into new progression.

TkOliTk is on a distinguished road. (+10) TkOliTk is on a distinguished road. (+10) TkOliTk is on a distinguished road. (+10) TkOliTk is on a distinguished road. (+10) TkOliTk is on a distinguished road. (+10) TkOliTk is on a distinguished road. (+10) TkOliTk is on a distinguished road. (+10) TkOliTk is on a distinguished road. (+10) TkOliTk is on a distinguished road. (+10) TkOliTk is on a distinguished road. (+10) TkOliTk is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Lol, i honestly don't know the daily totals...Im trying to stay at ~190 right now, but with the intensity of the wreslting practices, it takes a good amount of eating to stay there. I'll count up tonight to give u an idea of how many im eating now, plus wat i'll start bulkin on once the season's over (3 MORE WEEKS!!!!)

thnx brah, glad to have ya
    Cheers man , What would you reccomend I bulk on, does 3,000 sound good? i'm like 160lbs 5'8, check pics if u like

Originally Posted by TkOliTk View Post
    Cheers man , What would you reccomend I bulk on, does 3,000 sound good? i'm like 160lbs 5'8, check pics if u like
    3k sounds good, but if that's not enough maybe 3.5k. Just throwing my opinion out there. Also, increase your calories gradually, don't just bump the cals outta nowhere.

3k sounds good, but if that's not enough maybe 3.5k. Just throwing my opinion out there. Also, increase your calories gradually, don't just bump the cals outta nowhere.
    x2, sounds good for a starting spot. Just figured it out on fitday, i take in the neighborhood of 3,750-4,000 cals right now, which is allowing me to maintain my weight (in conjunction with the wreslting practices, which are brutal). Macros are around 40/35/25 carbs/protein/fats.

Once i start bulking ther might be a slight increase in cals., but i will stay around the same for the first week or two to see how my body reacts WITHOUT the practices, and then go from there.

LEGS
    10-15 min. dynamic warmup

Squats
    barx12w/u
    135x10w/u
    225x6w/u
    275x3w/u
    work sets
    335x6
    245x20 (NTF, will keep adding 20 pounds or so the next week or two till i get to where i am getting 15 reps to failure, and will work up in reps from there)

Single-Leg 45 Degree Leg Press
    2 plates a side x10w/u
    work sets
    3 plates a side x10
    4 plates a side x8 (VERY intense set)

Old-school Nautilus Leg Curl
    70x10w/u
    120x6w/u
    work sets
    150(stack)x6 or 7
    100x15

Good workout. Not alot of volume because i had practice 2 or 3 hours later, but ALOT of intensity went into the work sets. Very happy with how squatting strength has come along, i am now right about where i was before i pulled my hamstring Tearing up chest tomorrow...

Nice leg workout today bro, looking strong and the numbers are backing up the way you look haha.