The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation Black Ice = Serious Business

So I Am driving home from college, going on some stupid Route 422 on my way to I-79 so I can head back to Erie. I am just creeping along in the left lane passing slower cars because its snowing and most people don't know how to drive in snow in Indiana due to not getting much (Indiana PA that is).

I was going 55 in a 55 (yes serious) I usually go 5 over on most roads just to pass along, and be safe about getting a ticket, and then i come to making a veer to the right along a curve. As i am going to Veer my car to the right it turns sharply left and goes out of control. I am thinking to myself.. "What the hell is going on i am turning right and my car is going completely left, when all of a sudden I am now in the middle of both sides of the road (The grass in between West/East Roads). My car continues to go out of control and I thought about hitting the brakes to try and cause myself to not go anywhere and stop, but I then thought Damn that will just make things worse.

My car ends up doing a 180 back into the middle of the road and finally glides all the way back across the road I started in to the other side and into a snow bank off the road. Luckily the 3 cars that were following me were cautious and knew to stay back. They said they were following me since I left school, and said I approached this situation with a good move and not hitting the brakes and controlled the car as best as possible.

The damages were a huge Headache that is still pounding me (and i never get headaches, this is my first headache in 4 years). The front bumper is completely gone, and some side damages to the car. Funny thing was is it drove ever better than before. I did not even have to touch the steering wheel and it goes perfectly straight on the highway.

Moral of the story, Its starting to get ****ty out, Be cautious when you are driving regardless of where you are going. And keep a cushion behind other cars incase **** like that happens. I was lucky to not pile into a car as i slid back across the road.

Cliffs:
    - Driving home from school, hit black ice and spun out of control
    - Went into the grass and did a 180 all the way back across the road into a snow bank
    - Minor Injuries to my head, arms, body, and some car damages including front bumper, and side of car
    - Drive safe during the holiday season, and keep a cushion on cars in front of you.

Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Black_Label has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    thats really bad stuff. I used to live in syracuse. Get that on an incline and it caused problems
    πŸŽ„β›„πŸŽ„InπŸŽ„β›„πŸŽ„

Methadrol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Methadrol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Methadrol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Methadrol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Methadrol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Methadrol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Methadrol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Methadrol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Methadrol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Methadrol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Methadrol is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    ah sorry to hear about that man.

i live in texas so i have to worry about those situations once in 5 years.

willsong is on a distinguished road. (+10) willsong is on a distinguished road. (+10) willsong is on a distinguished road. (+10) willsong is on a distinguished road. (+10) willsong is on a distinguished road. (+10) willsong is on a distinguished road. (+10) willsong is on a distinguished road. (+10) willsong is on a distinguished road. (+10) willsong is on a distinguished road. (+10) willsong is on a distinguished road. (+10) willsong is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Way to go while driving with a cool head. Some people wouldnt even think about the proper procedures when hitting black ice like that, good thing ur alive man.
    *Scivation Athlete*
    www.TeamScivation.com
    www.Scivation.com

_Smitty_ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _Smitty_ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _Smitty_ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _Smitty_ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _Smitty_ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _Smitty_ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _Smitty_ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _Smitty_ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _Smitty_ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _Smitty_ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) _Smitty_ has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Thumbs up

glad you're okay, bob...

and a good message for all the students driving home and for everyone else as well to be cautious.

especially to those douchebags in 4x4s that drive like they're impervious to poor road conditions.

Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Good thing you stayed cool brah, could have been pretty bad...I had a black ice issue myself last year in mid December. I hit a patch of black ice, the car went completely to the left, I let go of the gas pedal, hoping the car would slow down completely, didn't, turned the wheel gently to avoid going right into the ditch, spinned completely, hit a snow bank.

No traffic, was only going like 50km's...and no I don't know how many miles that is lol, use the damn metric system already

I was lucky, I never made the smartest move, but I stand by it lol, if I wouldn't have pulled that move, the situation would have been much worse. I only had about 3 months driving experience at that time lol.

extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Glad you're well, Bob. I have to drive at 45-50mph going back home cuz of my spare tire LOL too cheap to buy a new one cuz the ripped tire is under warranty But only back home 1.5 hour drive is gonna turn into a 3 hour drive
    [Fat Loss|Nutrition|www.MRTIMOTHYLEE.com|Training|ContestPrep]

Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rodzilla has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    glad your okay brah, I did a 360 last week..but not on a fcking highway.
    Realize that anyone with an affiliation to a supplement company in their signature has ulterior motives when making recommendations. They're primarily concerned with pushing their products. Not your safety or what's best for you.

I <3 Osteo-Sport TheUnlikelyToad's Avatar
    TheUnlikelyToad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheUnlikelyToad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheUnlikelyToad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheUnlikelyToad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheUnlikelyToad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheUnlikelyToad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheUnlikelyToad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheUnlikelyToad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheUnlikelyToad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheUnlikelyToad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheUnlikelyToad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by LayzieBone085 View Post

Cliffs:
    - Driving home from school, hit black ice and spun out of control
    - Went into the grass and did a 180 all the way back across the road into a snow bank
    - Minor Injuries to my head, arms, body, and some car damages including front bumper, and side of car
    - Drive safe during the holiday season, and keep a cushion on cars in front of you.

Agreed, and glad to hear you're otherwise OK.

I hear it happens quite often in PA...

Xtreme Formulations
    Representative

||Bringing my a-game since '00||

Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Thumbs up

Glad to hear you're ok son....
    "What value is there in the grace that I profess if it leaves me unchanged?"
    -Spurgeon

Cloud Strife is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cloud Strife is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cloud Strife is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cloud Strife is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cloud Strife is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cloud Strife is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cloud Strife is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cloud Strife is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cloud Strife is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cloud Strife is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cloud Strife is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I always stay > 2km behind the car in front of me and I try not to turn
    New signature pending.

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Black_Label View Post
    thats really bad stuff. I used to live in syracuse. Get that on an incline and it caused problems
    Syracuse sucks! I had a great aunt that lived there, my family got dumped on when we visited with 18 inches of snow overnight Lake Effect snow FTL

Originally Posted by Relax,Son View Post
    ah sorry to hear about that man.

i live in texas so i have to worry about those situations once in 5 years.
    Mind to share some of that sunshine brah?

Originally Posted by willsong View Post
    Way to go while driving with a cool head. Some people wouldnt even think about the proper procedures when hitting black ice like that, good thing ur alive man.
    It was scary, my heart jumped, but I have been in 6 car accidents (one of them was me driving), so this wasn't something that has not happened before. Making a quick split decision came pretty normal. Just had to remember not to brake.

Originally Posted by Smitty77 View Post
    glad you're okay, bob...

and a good message for all the students driving home and for everyone else as well to be cautious.

especially to those douchebags in 4x4s that drive like they're impervious to poor road conditions.
    Passing trucks scares me ****less on highways especially around turns/curves. I have seen so many pileups when I drive to florida because of them especially around West Virginina and Virginia up in the mountains. **** gets real

Originally Posted by extremenergy3 View Post
    Glad you're well, Bob. I have to drive at 45-50mph going back home cuz of my spare tire LOL too cheap to buy a new one cuz the ripped tire is under warranty But only back home 1.5 hour drive is gonna turn into a 3 hour drive
    When i got to Edinboro about 20 minutes from my house I was going 30 because of how bad the snow was coming down and the wind was whipping my car back and forth. Good thing not a tire or anything to smashed or else it would of been a very long day.

Originally Posted by Rodzilla View Post
    glad your okay brah, I did a 360 last week..but not on a fcking highway.
    Yeah I was surprised at how much snow we had around Indiana, it shocked me to be honest. I cant imagine everything went ok after a 360. Damn you are lucky.

Originally Posted by TheUnlikelyToad View Post
    Agreed, and glad to hear you're otherwise OK.

I hear it happens quite often in PA...
    PA is famous for ****ty weather, especially right off the lake where it just piles up in Erie. It sucks waking up with snow up to your knees on some days.

Originally Posted by Illadelphia View Post
    Glad to hear you're ok son....
    Thanks Illa. How much snow you get in Philly?

Originally Posted by Cloud Strife View Post
    I always stay > 2km behind the car in front of me and I try not to turn
    I was driving solo in the passing lane and there was not a car within 500 feet or so, the cars on the right side were going pretty damn slow because they were not use to driving in snow. Good thing I got ahead of them by a bit or else I would of smashed into them as I went back across the highway. Bunch of nice people that stopped after i hit the snow bank to check up on me. They even offered to give me coffee!! Lolz

Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Illadelphia has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    We didn't get any snow...

Just rain for the past 3 days

Dreary weather makes me abuse stims b4 going to the gym..
    "What value is there in the grace that I profess if it leaves me unchanged?"
    -Spurgeon

Low Carb And Lovin It!!! aftrshok's Avatar
    aftrshok is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aftrshok is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aftrshok is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aftrshok is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aftrshok is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aftrshok is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aftrshok is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aftrshok is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aftrshok is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aftrshok is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aftrshok is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Glad you're ok Bob, black ice is some scary ****, I know.

placebo doesnt effect me or_yourlivingtodie's Avatar
    or_yourlivingtodie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) or_yourlivingtodie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) or_yourlivingtodie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) or_yourlivingtodie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) or_yourlivingtodie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) or_yourlivingtodie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) or_yourlivingtodie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) or_yourlivingtodie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) or_yourlivingtodie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) or_yourlivingtodie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) or_yourlivingtodie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ****ing sucks bobbo.

i kinda had something like that happen just drivin around town.

windy roads, ice, i over corrected the wheel and ended up driving off the road.
    luckily i drive a jeep and 4wd was on so once i hit the snow i was able to just slow down and drive out of it
    goodbros, always and forever.