typicals has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) typicals has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) typicals has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) typicals has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) typicals has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) typicals has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) typicals has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) typicals has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) typicals has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) typicals has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) typicals has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Am I doing keto right?

I weigh 140-150lbs and I want to lose some bodyfat. Yes I know I weigh too little to even start keto, but I have my personal goals. On the other hand, can you all give me feedback on my diet?

Meal 1: 3 bacon slices 1tbsp olive oil 3 boiled eggs
    Meal 2: Chicken patty (school lunch -_- NO buns) 2 boiled eggs
    Meal 3: 1 scoop ON whey protein shake
    Meal 4: Chicken breast with 2 tbsp olive oil and mayo
    Meal 5: Tuna with 2 tbsp olive oil and mayo

Today was my first day so how am I doing so far? I've been drinking alot of water. Am I suppose to stop eating by 6pm? Any suggestions on how to get into ketosis?

canlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) canlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) canlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) canlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) canlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) canlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) canlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) canlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) canlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) canlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) canlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    not nearly enough biltong

BrainsToGains has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrainsToGains has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrainsToGains has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrainsToGains has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrainsToGains has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrainsToGains has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrainsToGains has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrainsToGains has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrainsToGains has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrainsToGains has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrainsToGains has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by canlift View Post
    not nearly enough biltong
    lmao

typicals, read this: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=132598293 , particularly 3d.

diet looks good, as long as your not hungry, looks a little light for my liking.

btw you're not too light for keto - we're a match lol. i was 152lbs when i started a week ago

oh yeh, don't forget the green veggies. brocolli, greens, lettuce, etc.

typicals has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) typicals has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) typicals has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) typicals has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) typicals has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) typicals has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) typicals has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) typicals has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) typicals has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) typicals has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) typicals has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for your input, I'll start reading that Should I add one more meal, at around 8:30 pm chicken breast with 1tbsp olive oil? Also, is there a certain time I should stop eating?

Originally Posted by BrainsToGains View Post
    lmao

typicals, read this: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=132598293 , particularly 3d.

diet looks good, as long as your not hungry, looks a little light for my liking.

btw you're not too light for keto - we're a match lol. i was 152lbs when i started a week ago

oh yeh, don't forget the green veggies. brocolli, greens, lettuce, etc.

Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    don't forget the green veggies. brocolli, greens, lettuce, etc.
    ^^ that. Otherwise, you're doing good. Some other good veggies are cauliflower, spinach, green beans, bok choy, cabbage.

You might add a spoonful of oil to your protein shake. I like to make sure there is a little bit of fat with everything.

No particular time to stop eating. Eat when your hungry.

Alright, I'll definitely add them in next time. Also, I'm kind of worried about my calorie intake. I know you're suppose to eat 60% calories from fat, 35% calories from protein, and 5% from carbs. Based on my diet shown above, did i meet the requirements? I feel like I ate more calories from protein than from fats.

Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Blackjack68 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by typicals View Post
    Alright, I'll definitely add them in next time. Also, I'm kind of worried about my calorie intake. I know you're suppose to eat 60% calories from fat, 35% calories from protein, and 5% from carbs. Based on my diet shown above, did i meet the requirements? I feel like I ate more calories from protein than from fats.
    You're probably real close. While I'm hardcore about the net carb count, I never get too concerned over percentages on the fats/proteins, as long as you're getting quite a bit of fat, and you are.

BTW - that school lunch chicken patty wasn't breaded, was it?

Just pure chicken. If it's breaded, I remove the top layer usually . Hopefully I can continue on with this diet because olive oil tastes nasty. I literally put it in everything I eat. Haha. Suggestions on what food I should get? I'm planning on getting some almonds, broccoli, and meat/beef

Originally Posted by Blackjack68 View Post
    You're probably real close. While I'm hardcore about the net carb count, I never get too concerned over percentages on the fats/proteins, as long as you're getting quite a bit of fat, and you are.

BTW - that school lunch chicken patty wasn't breaded, was it?

Suggestions on what food I should get? I'm planning on getting some almonds, broccoli, and meat/beef
    I like to use the crock pot on weekends and make a big batch of stuff to reheat all week:
    5 lbs of chicken thighs or a Beef/Pork roast
    Head of cabbage
    Cup of water and some seasonings
    Cook for 3.5 hours, good for the week.

I keep a can of Salmon in the fridge at all times. Really handy for a snack.
    I'll often boil 8-10 eggs at a time and keep those on hand for snacks.
    I also eat a lot of cauliflower. Just steam a head and melt some cheese on top.
    A lot of times I'll just open a can of spinach or asparagus, nuke it and eat the whole thing with a little butter.
    Salad with a cut up chicken patty, black olives, sprinkled with cheese and a little caesar dressing.
    If I've been good, a couple Polish Sausages with some cheese or a cheeseburger wrapped in lettuce instead of bun.
    Shiritaki noodles with some shrimp and alfredo sauce! Shiritaki or "miracle" noodles are a great pasta replacement, almost no carbs or calories.
    Fry some shrimp with butter, garlic, parsley.
    Baked fish of any kind.
    Wal-mart sells bags of "deluxe stir-fry" veggies that are great to put some chicken or shrimp into. Add some scrambled eggs, mushrooms, garlic, a little ginger, and fry it in sesame oil, it's amazing.

If you're really dying for some munchies, Pork Rinds and Cracklins are no-carb and pretty satisfying.

For bread replacement (wait 'til you've been in keto for a little while) there's St. Josephs low-carb pita bread and Mission makes some low carb tortillas. Makes low carb tacos possible!

I've got recipes for low-carb chili (yay, chili-cheese dogs), Lasagne (using zucchini instead of noodles), and even cheesecake.

There's really no reason to feel deprived on keto.

Wow very helpful post. Thank you! You gave me a lot of ideas haha

Also, is it safe to reuse the olive oil that I used to make bacon? I feel like it's kind of unsanitary, etc. Sorry I'm asking alot of questions, this is my actual first time on keto.

I like to use the crock pot on weekends and make a big batch of stuff to reheat all week:
    5 lbs of chicken thighs or a Beef/Pork roast
    Head of cabbage
    Cup of water and some seasonings
    Cook for 3.5 hours, good for the week.

I keep a can of Salmon in the fridge at all times. Really handy for a snack.
    I'll often boil 8-10 eggs at a time and keep those on hand for snacks.
    I also eat a lot of cauliflower. Just steam a head and melt some cheese on top.
    A lot of times I'll just open a can of spinach or asparagus, nuke it and eat the whole thing with a little butter.
    Salad with a cut up chicken patty, black olives, sprinkled with cheese and a little caesar dressing.
    If I've been good, a couple Polish Sausages with some cheese or a cheeseburger wrapped in lettuce instead of bun.
    Shiritaki noodles with some shrimp and alfredo sauce! Shiritaki or "miracle" noodles are a great pasta replacement, almost no carbs or calories.
    Fry some shrimp with butter, garlic, parsley.
    Baked fish of any kind.
    Wal-mart sells bags of "deluxe stir-fry" veggies that are great to put some chicken or shrimp into. Add some scrambled eggs, mushrooms, garlic, a little ginger, and fry it in sesame oil, it's amazing.

If you're really dying for some munchies, Pork Rinds and Cracklins are no-carb and pretty satisfying.

For bread replacement (wait 'til you've been in keto for a little while) there's St. Josephs low-carb pita bread and Mission makes some low carb tortillas. Makes low carb tacos possible!

I've got recipes for low-carb chili (yay, chili-cheese dogs), Lasagne (using zucchini instead of noodles), and even cheesecake.

There's really no reason to feel deprived on keto.

Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Also, is it safe to reuse the olive oil that I used to make bacon?
    Wut? Since when did bacon start needing extra oil to cook?
    "Arterial plaque is primarily composed of unsaturated fats particularly polyunsaturated ones." (Felton, C V, et al, Lancet, 1994, 344:1195)

How to bulk: http://70sbig.com/food/

Diet = http://i52.tinypic.com/21bhop.png
    ...or something like this daily. Problem? ;)

FFMI = 24

. Sorry I'm asking alot of questions, this is my actual first time on keto.
    I'm glad to help out, ask away man!

For the olive oil..... yeah, why do you need oil to cook bacon? It'll fry up fine on it's own.

When you do fry bacon (without the olive oil), keep a "grease jar" or can by the stove. When you're done, put all the leftover bacon grease in the jar (no need to refrigerate). It makes a great flavoring for stuff like green beans or to use for frying/scrambling eggs. I'm sure it's not the healthiest choice of cooking oil/fat, but it sure does taste great. I honestly don't know if Olive oil is ok to be re-used, I probably wouldn't just to be safe (unless someone else who knows the answer chimes in).

BrainsToGains has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrainsToGains has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrainsToGains has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrainsToGains has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrainsToGains has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrainsToGains has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrainsToGains has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrainsToGains has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrainsToGains has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrainsToGains has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrainsToGains has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yeah, why do you need oil to cook bacon? It'll fry up fine on it's own.
    i add veg oil/olive oil when frying bacon, whichever is closer to at the time.

don't you find it's a bit dry otherwise? and it burns more easily without oil..

also you can pick the bacon up with tongs, tilt the pan so oil collects on one side and fry just the fatty strip to get it nice and crispy...mmmmm (btw im talking about back bacon, not streaky)

canlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) canlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) canlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) canlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) canlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) canlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) canlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) canlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) canlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) canlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250) canlift has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    olive oil has a low burning temp and i like my bacon crispy... bacon fat oil on the other hand can be lit up son. no oil necessary

Originally Posted by canlift View Post
    olive oil has a low burning temp and i like my bacon crispy... bacon fat oil on the other hand can be lit up son. no oil necessary
    k i'll give it a try tomorrow..i just have memories or dry and hard bacon when i don't add oil. i'll trust you with 1 rasher lol

Frying bacon with olive oil for the extra fat

So far, i have no problem eating bacon. tastes good, and crispy.

Frying bacon with olive oil for the extra fat
    hehe. also a good excuse

Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000) Atavis is a name known to all. (+5000)
    i add veg oil/olive oil when frying bacon, whichever is closer to at the time.

don't you find it's a bit dry otherwise? and it burns more easily without oil..
    No...

Not dry at all...
    "Arterial plaque is primarily composed of unsaturated fats particularly polyunsaturated ones." (Felton, C V, et al, Lancet, 1994, 344:1195)

FFMI = 24

Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bonkies has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ^^ is this epic mealtime

lol atavis...i rarely get streaky bacon. you ever fry back bacon? it's completely different. haven't eaten yet, but i'll try it soon. going for some a fasted swim

i'll get some streaky bacon later though ur pic has enticed me.

Damn looks delicious. Wayy too much oil though. Anyone have suggestions on where to buy bacon for cheap? 15 strips here is like $7.99

Originally Posted by Atavis View Post
    No...

Not dry at all...

CR56BB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CR56BB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CR56BB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CR56BB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CR56BB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CR56BB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CR56BB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CR56BB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CR56BB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CR56BB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CR56BB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you need to eat some carbs bro, keto is a very unhealthy diet. Try 40/40/20 macro split, it got me down to 5% bf

Yeah, don't worry. I get at least 20-30g of carbs per day. I try to get the least carbs I can get though.

Originally Posted by CR56BB View Post
    you need to eat some carbs bro, keto is a very unhealthy diet. Try 40/40/20 macro split, it got me down to 5% bf

Originally Posted by CR56BB View Post
    keto is a very unhealthy diet.
    (Cough)(Cough)Bullsh!t(Cough)(Cough)

Scuse me. Not sure that came from. Must be allergic to something in here.

FFMI = 24

DMurph51 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DMurph51 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DMurph51 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DMurph51 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DMurph51 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DMurph51 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DMurph51 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DMurph51 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DMurph51 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DMurph51 will become famous soon enough. (+50) DMurph51 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    must be allergic to bull****. im no doctor though....
    [IIFYM]

CKD Calculator (copy pasta):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=784518
    Carb-Load Guide (copy pasta):
    http://www.simplyshredded.com/research-review-an-in-depth-look-into-carbing-up-on-the-cyclical-ketogenic-diet-with-lyle-mcdonald.html

reps to ananf72 for life.

ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000) ananf72 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by DMurph51 View Post
    must be allergic to bull****. im no doctor though....
    He def is. Used to say so right above his pic