cockywop will become famous soon enough. (+50) cockywop will become famous soon enough. (+50) cockywop will become famous soon enough. (+50) cockywop will become famous soon enough. (+50) cockywop will become famous soon enough. (+50) cockywop will become famous soon enough. (+50) cockywop will become famous soon enough. (+50) cockywop will become famous soon enough. (+50) cockywop will become famous soon enough. (+50) cockywop will become famous soon enough. (+50) cockywop will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Interesting Pavel Tsatsouline quote. Would like ur thoughts

T: But how are we supposed to build muscle with low rep training?
    Pavel: I shall sum up the energetic theory of muscle hypertrophy without using any big words: If you get a pump with heavy weights you shall grow. You need the volume to really deplete the muscle, but you need the tension to increase the amino acid uptake. Now if you lift really heavy like a powerlifter and rest for five minutes in between sets, you have the tension but don?t have enough fatigue. If you start using the little color coded dumbbells and do a hundred reps, you have the fatigue and the pump, but not the tension. You may build some "virtual" muscles, but nothing else.
    But if you set it up like this, if you use a heavy weight and do reps of five (not taken to failure) with only one or two minutes of rest for up to twenty sets, you?re going to be able to use a heavy weight and get a great pump. Every bodybuilder who?s tried this approach has reported sensational gains.
    Last edited by cockywop; 12-12-2008 at 01:09 PM.

rbtrout will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbtrout will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbtrout will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbtrout will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbtrout will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbtrout will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbtrout will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbtrout will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbtrout will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbtrout will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbtrout will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Basically, it's German volume training. 20 sets is overkill in my estimation - gvt is 10 sets of 10 reps (if I remember).
    Squat 'til you puke.

47 years old
    325# bench
    665# squat
    700# deadlift

N@tural1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) N@tural1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) N@tural1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) N@tural1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) N@tural1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) N@tural1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) N@tural1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) N@tural1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) N@tural1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) N@tural1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) N@tural1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    cockywop

May I ask from where you got the quote, was it an internet site? if so would you please link it? Thx

bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    10x3 kinda works under this premise.
    There is no greater natural advantage in life than to have an enemy overestimate your faults, unless it is to have a friend underestimate your virtues.
    -Don Vito Corleone

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166936131

jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by rbtrout View Post
    Basically, it's German volume training. 20 sets is overkill in my estimation - gvt is 10 sets of 10 reps (if I remember).
    No, it's not.

Pavel's PTTP routine (strength) is to do 100% of 5RM x5 then 90% of 5RM x5.

He says that if you want to get bigger, add a set of 80% of 5RM, then as your recovery allows, keep adding sets of 80% of 5RM x5.

So, a bench press might be:

Warmup
    200x5
    180x5
    160x5
    160x5
    160x5
    160x5
    160x5
    160x5
    etc...until you can't get 5 reps.

Originally Posted by Natural2 View Post
    cockywop

May I ask from where you got the quote, was it an internet site? if so would you please link it? Thx
    N2, it's Power to the People. PM me your email for the full ebook.

Originally Posted by bango skank View Post
    10x3 kinda works under this premise.
    Yes.
    "Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret."

Training regularly but no progress?
    You need one or more of these: more food, more weight, more reps or more rest.

Check out: www.muscleandbrawn.com

delicious dogg crapp buddymander's Avatar
    buddymander will become famous soon enough. (+50) buddymander will become famous soon enough. (+50) buddymander will become famous soon enough. (+50) buddymander will become famous soon enough. (+50) buddymander will become famous soon enough. (+50) buddymander will become famous soon enough. (+50) buddymander will become famous soon enough. (+50) buddymander will become famous soon enough. (+50) buddymander will become famous soon enough. (+50) buddymander will become famous soon enough. (+50) buddymander will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    So if i did 5 sets of 10 reps waiting 20 seconds between each rep of one set and waiting 2 minutes between each set i would be lifting heavy and getting a pump and therefore be following pavel's theory of building muscle fast?

If so then Pavel's theory would seem to fit perfectly with rest pause training combined with high volume.
    Last edited by buddymander; 12-12-2008 at 04:22 PM.
    my body is an army and my minds a general. I keep the body in shape and it does what I tell it to do. An army needs discipline, just like a man does. Herschel Walker

rbtrout will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbtrout will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbtrout will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbtrout will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbtrout will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbtrout will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbtrout will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbtrout will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbtrout will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbtrout will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbtrout will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You would not be lifting heavy, guaranteed. You might get pumped, but the pump has nothing to do with muscle building.
    Squat 'til you puke.

47 years old
    325# bench
    665# squat
    700# deadlift

buddymander will become famous soon enough. (+50) buddymander will become famous soon enough. (+50) buddymander will become famous soon enough. (+50) buddymander will become famous soon enough. (+50) buddymander will become famous soon enough. (+50) buddymander will become famous soon enough. (+50) buddymander will become famous soon enough. (+50) buddymander will become famous soon enough. (+50) buddymander will become famous soon enough. (+50) buddymander will become famous soon enough. (+50) buddymander will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by rbtrout View Post
    You would not be lifting heavy, guaranteed. You might get pumped, but the pump has nothing to do with muscle building.
    Um...

How would i not be lifting heavy?

A 10 rep set doing 1 rep every 20 seconds could be done using your 85%, and your 80% easy.

Just waiting 10 seconds between each rep you can do a lot more reps.

20 rep breathing squats are an example of what I'm talking about.
    my body is an army and my minds a general. I keep the body in shape and it does what I tell it to do. An army needs discipline, just like a man does. Herschel Walker

bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by buddymander View Post
    Um...

A 10 rep set doing 1 rep every 20 seconds could be done using your 85%, and your 80% easy.

Agreed
    There is no greater natural advantage in life than to have an enemy overestimate your faults, unless it is to have a friend underestimate your virtues.
    -Don Vito Corleone

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166936131

vicjg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vicjg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vicjg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vicjg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vicjg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vicjg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vicjg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vicjg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vicjg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vicjg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vicjg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Um...

Squats maybe, bench/oh press not so much.
    The guys who claim "I did GOMAD and got fat" are just stupid. - Dave76

Originally Posted by vicjg View Post
    Squats maybe, bench/oh press not so much.
    I would agree that its more effective for bigger compounds.

However, i have found that by waiting 20 to 30 seconds for smaller compounds like the Bench you can get about the same effectiveness as you would a big compound like the squat waiting just 10 seconds between reps.

vicjg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vicjg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vicjg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vicjg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vicjg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vicjg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vicjg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vicjg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vicjg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vicjg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vicjg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I would agree that its more effective for bigger compounds.

However, i have found that by waiting 20 to 30 seconds for smaller compounds like the Bench you can get about the same effectiveness as you would a big compound like the squat waiting just 10 seconds between reps.
    Where would the bar be for 20 secs, would you rerack it?
    The guys who claim "I did GOMAD and got fat" are just stupid. - Dave76

Originally Posted by vicjg View Post
    Where would the bar be for 20 secs, would you rerack it?
    Yes always, except in the case of 20 rep breathing squats.

cockywop will become famous soon enough. (+50) cockywop will become famous soon enough. (+50) cockywop will become famous soon enough. (+50) cockywop will become famous soon enough. (+50) cockywop will become famous soon enough. (+50) cockywop will become famous soon enough. (+50) cockywop will become famous soon enough. (+50) cockywop will become famous soon enough. (+50) cockywop will become famous soon enough. (+50) cockywop will become famous soon enough. (+50) cockywop will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It's just a quick interview from T nation.

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_..._speaks_part_2