ellisbailey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ellisbailey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ellisbailey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ellisbailey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ellisbailey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ellisbailey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ellisbailey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ellisbailey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ellisbailey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ellisbailey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ellisbailey will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Difference between supported row, and supported low row....

As the title, I`m looking for a seated row machine and I am essentially torn between these two.....

A basic supported row with a variety of grips-----

http://www.calibrefitness.com.au/str...53-row-machine

or a supported low row with a variety of grips-----

http://www.calibrefitness.com.au/str...ow-row-machine

I can't do cable rows as it puts too much pressure on my back, as do bent over rows.

What is the main difference in targeted muscle groups between them?

Thanks and happy Noel

KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Before buying a machine... have you tried dumbbell bench rows? Your chest is supported and can be performed in at least two different ways to work different parts of the back. (I would guess that this might be the difference between the machines you're asking about.) Here's a video demonstrating these movements:

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #35
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #14

thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It looks like the first one is their version of the Hammer Strength seated row. I love this machine, hits the middle of the back. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeTZjAneZpk To me, it took the place of seated cable rows and even one arm dumbbell rows.

The second one looks like the Hammer Strength low row. I never cared for this machine, it always felt awkward, I felt too much bicep in it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbyT1_yr-4M It's supposed to hit more of the upper back.
    "It is my own fault for replying in a smith thread." deadwoodgregg

Ordained Minister of Perpetual Consumption and all around righteous dude.

My home gym pictures: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1632857623&viewfull=1#post1632857623

My workout journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120169181

mck1212 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mck1212 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mck1212 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mck1212 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mck1212 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mck1212 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mck1212 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mck1212 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mck1212 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mck1212 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mck1212 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    [QUOTE=KBKB;1182169891]Before buying a machine... have you tried dumbbell bench rows? Your chest is supported and can be performed in at least two different ways to work different parts of the back. (I would guess that this might be the difference between the machines you're asking about.) Here's a video demonstrating these movements:

Is it just me, or is she possibly the worst person in the gym to demonstrate lying prone on a bench with weights pulling you down?
    I bet she's uncompfortable lying prone at all...

Her tit's are big.

I know because I caught the presenter sneaking a sideways peak at them at the beginning.
    Last edited by mck1212; 12-25-2013 at 06:11 AM.

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by ellisbailey View Post
    As the title, I`m looking for a seated row machine and I am essentially torn between these two.....

A basic supported row with a variety of grips-----

http://www.calibrefitness.com.au/str...53-row-machine

or a supported low row with a variety of grips-----

http://www.calibrefitness.com.au/str...ow-row-machine

I can't do cable rows as it puts too much pressure on my back, as do bent over rows.

What is the main difference in targeted muscle groups between them?

Thanks and happy Noel

I don't see how there would be any difference in the targeted muscle groups. There might be a slight difference in the strength curve based on the different pivot points. You would have to actually use both extensively enough to develop a preference and see which gave the best result, if there is any difference at all. If I were to buy for my home gym I would buy the first machine as it is both cheaper and takes up less room, I would also get sick of having to pick plates up high enough to put them on the second machine.

The more I think about it the second machine seems specifically designed so the d-bag lifter can quarter rep away while grunting to the whole gym "look at the huge stack of plates I am moving", otherwise why put them up above the lifters head.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000) harrisg83 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Couldn't disagree more... I have both the Hammer Strength mid-row and low-row in my home gym. Both are great machines and I feel the stimulus in different parts of my back with each machine. I certainly don't feel like a d-bag when using my low- row when working my back. In fact, it's probably my favorite back machine that I've ever used.

The more I think about it the second machine seems specifically designed so the d-bag lifter can quarter rep away while grunting to the whole gym "look at the huge stack of plates I am moving", otherwise why put them up above the lifters head.[/QUOTE]

ellisbailey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ellisbailey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ellisbailey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ellisbailey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ellisbailey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ellisbailey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ellisbailey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ellisbailey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ellisbailey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ellisbailey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ellisbailey will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks for the responses guys. Leaning towards the supported row for no reason other than the smaller footprint. I will update in due course with pics :-)