View Poll Results: Powerblock Dumbbellsversus Bowflex SelectTech 552 Dumbbells

Voters
540. You may not vote on this poll
  • Powerblock

368 68.15%
  • Bowflex SelectTech 552

172 31.85%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    kaos336 is just really nice. (+1000) kaos336 is just really nice. (+1000) kaos336 is just really nice. (+1000) kaos336 is just really nice. (+1000) kaos336 is just really nice. (+1000) kaos336 is just really nice. (+1000) kaos336 is just really nice. (+1000) kaos336 is just really nice. (+1000) kaos336 is just really nice. (+1000) kaos336 is just really nice. (+1000) kaos336 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by RHINO240 View Post
    Takes same amount of time and Ironmasters are more like real db's.

All of you Ironmasters owners are very defensive of your DB's. Relax. Just giving my opinion based on my experience. I've already stated my reasons. I only let people asking know about the weight changing issue in case they aren't aware. I'm not out here blasting Ironmasters.

Barefooted HomeGym Lifter new2lifting's Avatar
    new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by kaos336 View Post
    All of you Ironmasters owners are very defensive of your DB's. Relax. Just giving my opinion based on my experience. I've already stated my reasons. I only let people asking know about the weight changing issue in case they aren't aware. I'm not out here blasting Ironmasters.
    there really isnt any weightchanging issues with ironmasters

less than a minute

why would you buy dumbells such as powerblocks that break when dropped?

that makes no sense

powerblocks and bowflex are about the same, they both break if you drop them
    Last edited by new2lifting; 12-12-2008 at 12:06 PM.

FERRUM_MAXIMUS is just really nice. (+1000) FERRUM_MAXIMUS is just really nice. (+1000) FERRUM_MAXIMUS is just really nice. (+1000) FERRUM_MAXIMUS is just really nice. (+1000) FERRUM_MAXIMUS is just really nice. (+1000) FERRUM_MAXIMUS is just really nice. (+1000) FERRUM_MAXIMUS is just really nice. (+1000) FERRUM_MAXIMUS is just really nice. (+1000) FERRUM_MAXIMUS is just really nice. (+1000) FERRUM_MAXIMUS is just really nice. (+1000) FERRUM_MAXIMUS is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by new2lifting View Post

why would you buy dumbells such as powerblocks that break when dropped?

that makes no sense

powerblocks and bowflex are about the same, they both break if you drop them
    How many pairs of Powerblock's have you seen break?
    "I truly believe that good will outweigh evil,but there won't be peace on earth until the power of love overcomes the love of power" Jimi Hendrix

new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50) new2lifting will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by FERRUM_MAXIMUS View Post
    How many pairs of Powerblock's have you seen break?
    none, I have heard through the forum they are fragile though

are you saying they can be dropped a few feet after a set with no issues or worries?

I can say 100% I don't feel worried if I drop my ironmasters a few feet after a set onto the floor
    Last edited by new2lifting; 12-12-2008 at 12:16 PM.

FERRUM_MAXIMUS is just really nice. (+1000) FERRUM_MAXIMUS is just really nice. (+1000) FERRUM_MAXIMUS is just really nice. (+1000) FERRUM_MAXIMUS is just really nice. (+1000) FERRUM_MAXIMUS is just really nice. (+1000) FERRUM_MAXIMUS is just really nice. (+1000) FERRUM_MAXIMUS is just really nice. (+1000) FERRUM_MAXIMUS is just really nice. (+1000) FERRUM_MAXIMUS is just really nice. (+1000) FERRUM_MAXIMUS is just really nice. (+1000) FERRUM_MAXIMUS is just really nice. (+1000)

are you saying they can be dropped a few feet after a set with no issues or worries?
    I wasn't saying anything,you said they break if dropped and so I wondered how you knew that.
    "I truly believe that good will outweigh evil,but there won't be peace on earth until the power of love overcomes the love of power" Jimi Hendrix

Registered User ira_est_a_donum's Avatar
    ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ira_est_a_donum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by berardi1111 View Post
    I toyed with the Olympic dumbbell handle idea but it's really not practical. They slide around, the handles are nasty, the weights are a pain... Ironmaster is really far superior if you can afford it.
    if you got the money ironmaster is prob the way to go... powerblock a close second (and 1st in my book bc i like the ability to change weight quickly, but if that is not an issue at all then ironmaster is prob the way to go...)

that being said i had the old iron masters and it took forever to change the plates and such so i sold them and went with olympic handles from craigslist (bc of the cheap cheap cost and i already had lots of 5 and 10 lbs plates olympic) and added the powerhooks to them and they are very practical and useful... i have no problems with sliding around (even with just plain old spring collars...i mean if those spring collars can hold 3-4 45lb plates on an olympic bar with no problems why cant they hold 50 lbs a side of 5-10lbrs on the db handles...???) weights are 10x quicker to change than the old ironmasters and prob just as fast if not faster than the new quick locks...but not as fast as the power blocks... all the while i keep an eye out for powerblocks and new ironmasters on craigslist to add to the collection from some guy who bought them and never used them...

berardi1111 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) berardi1111 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) berardi1111 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) berardi1111 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) berardi1111 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) berardi1111 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) berardi1111 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) berardi1111 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) berardi1111 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) berardi1111 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    the quick changing power blocks almost sold me but the lifetime warranty is what sold me on ironmaster. someone makes a claim like that and you know they stand behind their product

I'm sure it doesn't really matter much either way.. weight is weight

kaos336 is just really nice. (+1000) kaos336 is just really nice. (+1000) kaos336 is just really nice. (+1000) kaos336 is just really nice. (+1000) kaos336 is just really nice. (+1000) kaos336 is just really nice. (+1000) kaos336 is just really nice. (+1000) kaos336 is just really nice. (+1000) kaos336 is just really nice. (+1000) kaos336 is just really nice. (+1000) kaos336 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ira_est_a_donum View Post
    if you got the money ironmaster is prob the way to go... powerblock a close second (and 1st in my book bc i like the ability to change weight quickly, but if that is not an issue at all then ironmaster is prob the way to go...)

that being said i had the old iron masters and it took forever to change the plates and such so i sold them and went with olympic handles from craigslist (bc of the cheap cheap cost and i already had lots of 5 and 10 lbs plates olympic) and added the powerhooks to them and they are very practical and useful... i have no problems with sliding around (even with just plain old spring collars...i mean if those spring collars can hold 3-4 45lb plates on an olympic bar with no problems why cant they hold 50 lbs a side of 5-10lbrs on the db handles...???) weights are 10x quicker to change than the old ironmasters and prob just as fast if not faster than the new quick locks...but not as fast as the power blocks... all the while i keep an eye out for powerblocks and new ironmasters on craigslist to add to the collection from some guy who bought them and never used them...
    This is exactly what I said earlier. I feel the same way. Some of the Ironmasters owners on here are getting really sensitive. You'd think they owned stock in the company. Different strokes for different folks.

I can say 100% I don't feel worried if I drop my ironmasters a few feet after a set onto the floor
    I heard a lot of things through this forum that would probably injure me for life if I listened. Powerblocks are nowhere near as fragile as Selecttechs. Ironmasters are built like tanks and Powerblocks change weight faster. If you don't care about time changing weight and the cost then get Ironmasters. If you do care about the quick adjustability, then get Powerblocks. It's that simple.

Originally Posted by ira_est_a_donum View Post
    all the while i keep an eye out for powerblocks and new ironmasters on craigslist to add to the collection from some guy who bought them and never used them...
    X2.

I heard a lot of things through this forum that would probably injure me for life if I listened. Powerblocks are nowhere near as fragile as Selecttechs. Ironmasters are built like tanks and Powerblocks change weight faster. If you don't care about time changing weight and the cost then get Ironmasters. If you do care about the quick adjustability, then get Powerblocks. It's that simple.
    again, why buy something that is not durable and can break if dropped

powerblocks void their warrantly if you drop them
    http://www.adamantbarbell.com/images...ckwarranty.pdf

why would anyone buy a dumbell that you can't drop and the manufacturer voids the warranty if dropped

The warranty looks like it was written by a used car lot

I accidently dropped a 95 lb ironmaster dumbell the 2nd time I used them
    If it broke, I would of been SOL with the powerblock warranty
    800 bucks down the drain

makes no sense why a dumbell manufacturer would void a warranty for dropping a dumbell
    Last edited by new2lifting; 12-12-2008 at 01:33 PM.

again, why buy something that is not durable and can break if dropped

powerblocks void their warrantly if you drop them
    http://www.adamantbarbell.com/images...ckwarranty.pdf

why would anyone buy a dumbell that you can't drop and the manufacturer voids the warranty if dropped

The warranty looks like it was written by a used car lot

I accidently dropped a 95 lb ironmaster dumbell the 2nd time I used them
    If it broke, I would of been SOL with the powerblock warranty
    800 bucks down the drain

makes no sense why a dumbell manufacturer would void a warranty for dropping a dumbell
    I didn't know that. Good find, but it doesn't change my opinion. I dropped my friends before and nothing happened. It wasn't from 4 feet like when you dropped your Ironmasters. Then again, I wouldn't drop them from that high. Weren't yours hanging on Hooks when it fell? I already admitted Ironmasters are like tanks. I prefer Powerblocks anyways due to quick changing of the weight.

I didn't know that. Good find, but it doesn't change my opinion. I dropped my friends before and nothing happened. It wasn't from 4 feet like when you dropped your Ironmasters. Then again, I wouldn't drop them from that high. Weren't yours hanging on Hooks when it fell? I already admitted Ironmasters are like tanks. I prefer Powerblocks anyways due to quick changing of the weight.
    you must not work out with heavy weight, cuz when you get over 70+ pound dumbells and approach the 100+ dumbell pound range, dropping a dumbell becomes a reality in certain situations. Sometimes you have to dump them. Especially during flat dumbell bench press.

I would say that is why you are not following the idea of having to drop a dumbell

I dropped the dumbell off a bookshelf I was using as a loading platform to transfer the powerhooks to a barbell
    Last edited by new2lifting; 12-12-2008 at 01:53 PM.

you must not work out with heavy weight, cuz when you get over 70+ pound dumbells and approach the 100+ dumbell pound range, dropping a dumbell becomes a reality in certain situations. Sometimes you have to dump them. Especially during flat dumbell bench press.

I would say that is why you are not following the idea of having to drop a dumbell

I dropped the dumbell off a bookshelf I was using as a loading platform
    Sorry. It was in your thread about your hooks. That's why I thought of it.

No, I'm not using that much weight yet. I'm almost around 70lbs now on certain exercises. I use BB on incline and I don't do flat bench. I'm not calling you out or anything. I can only base opinions off of experience. Therefore, I like Powerblocks due to changing weight. If I drop and break them then I'll probably be pretty pissed and think about getting Ironmasters. As of now I'll stick with Powerblocks.

fenixzona has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fenixzona has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fenixzona has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fenixzona has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fenixzona has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fenixzona has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fenixzona has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fenixzona has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fenixzona has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fenixzona has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fenixzona has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    the quick changing power blocks almost sold me but the lifetime warranty is what sold me on ironmaster. someone makes a claim like that and you know they stand behind their product

I'm sure it doesn't really matter much either way.. weight is weight
    " I can **** in a box and and slap a warranty on the sucker, but you'd only have a warranteed piece of ****."

I owned the spinlocks first hated how long it took to change weight and looked for something else. I found the PB's and the IM's. I thought that I would save a little money and go with the IM's. Well, after a while and getting used to the IM's, are began to really think I made a wise choice. Well, one day I went to a store looking for a dip belt and saw the PB's elite set. So I looked them over and played around with them. After an entire chest routine, well almost, I bought them with the 125lb add on right then and there. Got home and got rid of the IM's. I have never onece looked back and thought ANY aspect of the IM's are better than the PB's. The main "draw backs" IM owners state are funny to me. First, dropping the PB's. Who drops dumbells anyway? That is not a habit I learned so that is not an issue. Second, the PB's are not shaped like typical dumbells. Yeah, so!!! Who cares about that? Weight is weight. Third, the handle in the "cage" thingy. I have as large a hand as the average guy and it's not an issue. My old workout partner had mits for hands and he had zero issues as well. I feel that PB's are the superior product and I owned both. The IM's would be best if PB's were not around.
    Wise is the bird of prey which does not show its talons.

fenixzona has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fenixzona has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fenixzona has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fenixzona has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fenixzona has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fenixzona has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fenixzona has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fenixzona has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fenixzona has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fenixzona has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fenixzona has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

I dropped the dumbell off a bookshelf I was using as a loading platform to transfer the powerhooks to a barbell
    Dude, learn to rock your body with the db's on your knees. If you are alone, learn to know when you are on the absolute last rep then lock out, bring the knees up, and rock to a standing position. I have no problems when doing 125lbs, NONE!!!

Phosphate bond is a name known to all. (+5000) Phosphate bond is a name known to all. (+5000) Phosphate bond is a name known to all. (+5000) Phosphate bond is a name known to all. (+5000) Phosphate bond is a name known to all. (+5000) Phosphate bond is a name known to all. (+5000) Phosphate bond is a name known to all. (+5000) Phosphate bond is a name known to all. (+5000) Phosphate bond is a name known to all. (+5000) Phosphate bond is a name known to all. (+5000) Phosphate bond is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I have the Power Block Pro 90 set and I am real happy with them.

charlieafp will become famous soon enough. (+50) charlieafp will become famous soon enough. (+50) charlieafp will become famous soon enough. (+50) charlieafp will become famous soon enough. (+50) charlieafp will become famous soon enough. (+50) charlieafp will become famous soon enough. (+50) charlieafp will become famous soon enough. (+50) charlieafp will become famous soon enough. (+50) charlieafp will become famous soon enough. (+50) charlieafp will become famous soon enough. (+50) charlieafp will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    aww man, 450$ for the ironmaster

i cant afford that. I think i have to go with the powerblocks...

HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by charlieafp View Post
    aww man, 450$ for the ironmaster

i cant afford that. I think i have to go with the powerblocks...
    You serious? Powerblocks come out more expensive in the end. Powerblocks don't include the stand.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No.2

Lifetime reps: TheSuccessful1

jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jfindon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Yep, you get more weight and a stand with the IMs, you pay more for less with the PBs.

RHINO240 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO240 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO240 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO240 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO240 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO240 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO240 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO240 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO240 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO240 will become famous soon enough. (+50) RHINO240 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by fenixzona View Post
    " I can **** in a box and and slap a warranty on the sucker, but you'd only have a warranteed piece of ****."

I owned the spinlocks first hated how long it took to change weight and looked for something else. I found the PB's and the IM's. I thought that I would save a little money and go with the IM's. Well, after a while and getting used to the IM's, are began to really think I made a wise choice. Well, one day I went to a store looking for a dip belt and saw the PB's elite set. So I looked them over and played around with them. After an entire chest routine, well almost, I bought them with the 125lb add on right then and there. Got home and got rid of the IM's. I have never onece looked back and thought ANY aspect of the IM's are better than the PB's. The main "draw backs" IM owners state are funny to me. First, dropping the PB's. Who drops dumbells anyway? That is not a habit I learned so that is not an issue. Second, the PB's are not shaped like typical dumbells. Yeah, so!!! Who cares about that? Weight is weight. Third, the handle in the "cage" thingy. I have as large a hand as the average guy and it's not an issue. My old workout partner had mits for hands and he had zero issues as well. I feel that PB's are the superior product and I owned both. The IM's would be best if PB's were not around.
    Some powerblock owners are so sensitive. Ironmaster's are far superior.
    ll-ll NOBODY SAID BODYBUILDING WAS EASY ll-ll

HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    disagree

HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by HitItHard View Post
    disagree
    Dido...With you....

charlieafp will become famous soon enough. (+50) charlieafp will become famous soon enough. (+50) charlieafp will become famous soon enough. (+50) charlieafp will become famous soon enough. (+50) charlieafp will become famous soon enough. (+50) charlieafp will become famous soon enough. (+50) charlieafp will become famous soon enough. (+50) charlieafp will become famous soon enough. (+50) charlieafp will become famous soon enough. (+50) charlieafp will become famous soon enough. (+50) charlieafp will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by jfindon View Post
    Yep, you get more weight and a stand with the IMs, you pay more for less with the PBs.
    Agreed, yet i dont have 450 dollars to spend.

Keep telling yourself that because you don't have the best of the best.

berardi1111 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) berardi1111 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) berardi1111 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) berardi1111 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) berardi1111 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) berardi1111 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) berardi1111 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) berardi1111 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) berardi1111 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) berardi1111 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Let's have a Dumbbell SMACKDOWOWN!!!

Take one Ironmaster Quicklock Adjustable Dumbbell Versus one PowerBlock Adjustable Dumbbell and let's hurl them full force into eachother!

Smash! Smash! a duel to the death! Only one Dumbbell can stand when it is all over!!!

Let's have a Dumbbell SMACKDOWOWN!!!

Take one Ironmaster Quicklock Adjustable Dumbbell Versus one PowerBlock Adjustable Dumbbell and let's hurl them full force into eachother!

Smash! Smash! a duel to the death! Only one Dumbbell can stand when it is all over!!!
    That's easy! The powerblocks might not get hurt when colliding with the Ironmasters, but they will definetly get their face smashed when they fall to the ground!

jaypounds has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jaypounds has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jaypounds has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jaypounds has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    why would some one drop dumbbells???

kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by jaypounds View Post
    why would some one drop dumbbells???
    Wow. You Zombied a 4yr old thread.lol

as to your question, a lot of people drop db's If you are lifting heavy and by yourself, it is always better to let it go out and away from you, if you miss a lift then try to control a 80-90lb or more weight and either hit yourself or tear up your shoulder. Also, some people just like to dump them in between sets. Look up dumbbell training on youtube and like, bodybuilders. you will see what I mean.
    I sell home and commercial fitness equipment, so if you have questions on equipment PM me and I will help.

“When the light comes down, and the earth shakes with the footsteps of a thousand battalions, when the air sings with the sound of clashing shields, and the ground is wet with the blood of men, that is when I am most alive. That is when my life is taken to the edge of the point, that is when I am invincible until the moment of death”

-Unknown Spartan Hoplite, 461 B.C.-

dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by kelt_22 View Post
    Wow. You Zombied a 4yr old thread.lol

as to your question, a lot of people drop db's If you are lifting heavy and by yourself, it is always better to let it go out and away from you, if you miss a lift then try to control a 80-90lb or more weight and either hit yourself or tear up your shoulder. Also, some people just like to dump them in between sets. Look up dumbbell training on youtube and like, bodybuilders. you will see what I mean.
    yes. there are other things that happen as well.

in 2008 i had a complete rupture of my distal bicep tendon on my left arm. at the time i was standing doing curl/shoulder press combo. i was using spinlock dumbbells and was right up to my shoulder. the db on my left side was on the ground before i knew what happened.

sh*t happens.

why do folks use a power rack? because things happen....dumbbells shouldnt be dropped on a regular basis, but if they need to be dumped, so be it. other than my injury, ive only dropped dbs once that i recall. $600+ is alot for a dumbbell that wouldnt handle that, imho.

still, did Bowflex send 165 reps to this site to vote on the blowflex?
    "ive made the most impressive gains when i spent months with the heavy dumbbells and left the power rack cowering in the corner like the b**ch that it is"-anonymous

"sometimes when a mans alone, thats all you got is your dog"

"he fakes to the left. no. he fakes to the right. he doesnt fake. he thinks about faking. he pretends to fake. i dont know where i am. i cant breathe"