Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    billfoss is just really nice. (+1000) billfoss is just really nice. (+1000) billfoss is just really nice. (+1000) billfoss is just really nice. (+1000) billfoss is just really nice. (+1000) billfoss is just really nice. (+1000) billfoss is just really nice. (+1000) billfoss is just really nice. (+1000) billfoss is just really nice. (+1000) billfoss is just really nice. (+1000) billfoss is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by thailegacy View Post
    you guys really need to get real here... most fights most street fights always end up in the ground, and sorry to burst ur lil bubble but just cause u see a video on youtube with 5 guys fighting 1 guy that it means thats how it is... most street fights are 1 on 1.... thats just a fact... and if ur a legit grappler taking the guy to the floor will assure a win in dominating fashion im sorry.... join a mma club... see how the new guys so while on their first muay thai class and then how they do on their bjj class.... most guys have alot harder time keeping up in the ground then in the feet... thats my point... bjj is just more usefull.... and its always been.... thats why cops grapple.... they dont train boxing... they dont go in there to throw hands like a wild man..... theres always a punchers chance... but when it hits the ground its a different world..

im not talking about bjj being better or worse then anyother art for multiple opponents... stop being idiots this is real life.... no martial art is meant to be beating up 6 guys... i mean u could but its unrealistic....

the thread says A STREET FIGHT... not a group of guys jumping u....

seriously u guys cant read?

bjj is proven to be the superior art for a street fight... its proven.... now in the case that i had to fight 5 guys then yeah going to the ground is not as smart... my choice would be muay thai.... but again the whole fighting 6 guys up and what art is best is just stupid...

also wtf is training to fight for the streets u guys kidding me?
    yeah lets see you throw up a triangle or an armbar and get your balls pounded in dude. the only useful bjj in a street fight would be chokes. other than that, boxing wrestling, and gnp ftw

OKEN is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKEN is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKEN is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKEN is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKEN is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKEN is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKEN is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKEN is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKEN is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKEN is on a distinguished road. (+10) OKEN is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Tae Kwon Do would be the best in my opinion. I mean it is THE martial art taught for self-defense isn't it?
    Qцǐڂĸ?ặŋď ĶטּέĦŋ

"WHY BE WEAK, WHEN YOU CAN BE STRONG"

Mata Leao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mata Leao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mata Leao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mata Leao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mata Leao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mata Leao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mata Leao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mata Leao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mata Leao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mata Leao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mata Leao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by billfoss View Post
    yeah lets see you throw up a triangle or an armbar and get your balls pounded in dude. the only useful bjj in a street fight would be chokes. other than that, boxing wrestling, and gnp ftw
    stop being an ignorant.. bjj is a street based martial art..... and yeah im sure ur gonna be able to grab my balls when i got ur own arm over my balls plus my 2 legs while i break ur arm, the other arm u got is useless since its on the other side and wont hit nothing..

samething for a triangle... u can try to bit into my pants but lets be real that would make u a homo and my balls are not easy to bite when i got pants on...

i love how a bunch of this ****ers talk without even knowing wtf to do or how to effectivly apply any submissions.... and bjj is perfect for gnp.... nobody is better at positioning on the ground then bjj guys.... take a full mount from a bjj guy theres no waay ur getting out of it, ur getting ur face bashed in with elbows and punches... bjj for mma and street fights looks alot different then gi matches.. thats why we also train no gi... and alot of it at the begginning is street defence turning into street offense... so we go from a guy being on top of us throwing punches, to us breaking his arm or sweeping him ending up on mount then choking him out..

if u took any classes u would know

AGAIN WAAAAAAAAAAAYYY TOOO MANY ppl making conclusions without ever training in the arts they bash or stick by
    ADMA Muay Thai gym.

SQUAT(ATG)- 275 (x15)
    DEADLIFT- 445 (x 6 W/CHALK)
    PRESS- 195 (3x5)
    DIPS- bw+55lbs-----3x8
    PULLUPS- bw+70lbs-3x8- MAX 110lbs added so around 305 total weight.

-STOP BEING A "FRIEND" AND FINISH THE DEAL.
    betheseducer.com {meet women,attract women,seduce women}

TylerManning is not very helpful. (-500) TylerManning is not very helpful. (-500) TylerManning is not very helpful. (-500) TylerManning is not very helpful. (-500) TylerManning is not very helpful. (-500) TylerManning is not very helpful. (-500) TylerManning is not very helpful. (-500) TylerManning is not very helpful. (-500) TylerManning is not very helpful. (-500) TylerManning is not very helpful. (-500) TylerManning is not very helpful. (-500)
    stop being an ignorant.. bjj is a street based martial art..... and yeah im sure ur gonna be able to grab my balls when i got ur own arm over my balls plus my 2 legs while i break ur arm, the other arm u got is useless since its on the other side and wont hit nothing..

samething for a triangle... u can try to bit into my pants but lets be real that would make u a homo and my balls are not easy to bite when i got pants on...

i love how a bunch of this ****ers talk without even knowing wtf to do or how to effectivly apply any submissions.... and bjj is perfect for gnp.... nobody is better at positioning on the ground then bjj guys.... take a full mount from a bjj guy theres no waay ur getting out of it, ur getting ur face bashed in with elbows and punches... bjj for mma and street fights looks alot different then gi matches.. thats why we also train no gi... and alot of it at the begginning is street defence turning into street offense... so we go from a guy being on top of us throwing punches, to us breaking his arm or sweeping him ending up on mount then choking him out..

AGAIN WAAAAAAAAAAAYYY TOOO MANY ppl making conclusions without ever training in the arts they bash or stick by
    this, i could see how arm bars would be a little rsky but there are still many arm locks you can do (kimura, americana, etc...) not to mention leg locks.

true, most leg locks eave you vunerable but not all, and even so.

it won't matter when you blow out there knee.
    "the good die young, the great die fighting" me

dunkalicious is a name known to all. (+5000) dunkalicious is a name known to all. (+5000) dunkalicious is a name known to all. (+5000) dunkalicious is a name known to all. (+5000) dunkalicious is a name known to all. (+5000) dunkalicious is a name known to all. (+5000) dunkalicious is a name known to all. (+5000) dunkalicious is a name known to all. (+5000) dunkalicious is a name known to all. (+5000) dunkalicious is a name known to all. (+5000) dunkalicious is a name known to all. (+5000)
    wrestlers in my town are pretty good fighters
    I rep back 5k+, just say 5k+

reps for life: Vai , Cgrimaldo

Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Clean is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Do you even know what an armbar or a triangle is? Once you get into one, there is no possible way they could even touch your balls, let alone bite because they would be too worried about their arm snapping. In the case of a triangle, you can't even bite them.

And trying to bite while someone is transitioning to one gurantees you are going to get your teeth knocked out. BJJ/Wrestling are the proven realistic martial arts that give you the biggest advantages overall IMO. Boxing/Muay Thai do too, but you can't really dominate someone standing like you can on the ground because of their "puncher's chance" and the chance of you getting caught with something, especially if they are throwing wildly. Takedowns on an opponent who doesn't know what to do or spawn would be easy too since 9/10 they are going to go for a guillotine and if you know how to do a proper takedown, you won't get choked out.

I love the fact that these same guys seem to think grabbing someone's neck/windpipe is an effective choke too or that they can somehow eye gouge people on the ground. Not saying eye gouging doesn't happen, but the chances of you getting a clean shot on an opponent who is working for a sub or GnPing you is pretty slim.

I think the biggest advantage from BJJ comes from the fact that most people don't know to NOT put their hands on the ground/mat. Once you do and keep them there (say you off balance them with your hips), then they open themselves up to a ton of submissions like Kimuras, armbars, omoplatas, triangles, etc. and sweeps.
    Last edited by Clean; 11-29-2009 at 01:31 PM.
    1 Stripe Blue Belt, Gracie Barra BJJ (Reps to BJJ/MMA brahs)

Reps to USMC and other military members, Semper Fi

"If the bar ain't bendin' you're just pretendin."

SamFradsham has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've been training Kajukenbo for two years now and it was developed in Hawii during the 1940's specifically for street fighting. We focus on everything dirty you can do to someone in the street.

We train in the gym, but spend time outside for street scenarios, and practice multiple attackers.

kingots has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kingots has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kingots has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kingots has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kingots has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kingots has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kingots has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kingots has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you should look up royce gracie vs vanderla silva on youtube. on tha street his teeth wouldve got kickin after his failed attempt to take it to tha ground. and surely after he hurt his sholder. your best bet is to keep it standin so if you get the chance to run you can. i know it dont look tough to avoid a fight but neither does sportin 2 black eyes,missin teeth,and a broke nose. youll never convince your friends you got the better end of tha deal by saying "if you think i look bad you shouldve seen him". most street fights dont last long cause the fighters are out of shape! also as for joint locks and such yes they are effective but every move has a counter. small joint locks such as bending someones finger to abouta 90 right angle makes em think twice about holdin on. most important thing to know about a street fight is how mean the guy lookin at ya really is!
    Last edited by kingots; 11-29-2009 at 06:52 PM.

brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000)
    for 1 on 1 situation: combat sambo

for multiple attackers: a good pair of running shoes
    If abs are made in the kitchen how come hardly any women have them?

eazy e 123 is just really nice. (+1000) eazy e 123 is just really nice. (+1000) eazy e 123 is just really nice. (+1000) eazy e 123 is just really nice. (+1000) eazy e 123 is just really nice. (+1000) eazy e 123 is just really nice. (+1000) eazy e 123 is just really nice. (+1000) eazy e 123 is just really nice. (+1000) eazy e 123 is just really nice. (+1000) eazy e 123 is just really nice. (+1000) eazy e 123 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by kingots View Post
    you should look up royce gracie vs vanderla silva on youtube. on tha street his teeth wouldve got kickin after his failed attempt to take it to tha ground. and surely after he hurt his sholder. your best bet is to keep it standin so if you get the chance to run you can. i know it dont look tough to avoid a fight but neither does sportin 2 black eyes,missin teeth,and a broke nose. youll never convince your friends you got the better end of tha deal by saying "if you think i look bad you shouldve seen him". most street fights dont last long cause the fighters are out of shape! also as for joint locks and such yes they are effective but every move has a counter. small joint locks such as bending someones finger to abouta 90 right angle makes em think twice about holdin on. most important thing to know about a street fight is how mean the guy lookin at ya really is!
    royce fought wanderlei wtf, link to vid?

kingots has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kingots has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kingots has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kingots has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kingots has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kingots has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kingots has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kingots has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by eazy e 123 View Post
    royce fought wanderlei wtf, link to vid?
    i dont hae a high enough post count to post the link yet but its on youtube. type in royce gracie vs. wanderlea silva ands you can find it there

Dmaul is just really nice. (+1000) Dmaul is just really nice. (+1000) Dmaul is just really nice. (+1000) Dmaul is just really nice. (+1000) Dmaul is just really nice. (+1000) Dmaul is just really nice. (+1000) Dmaul is just really nice. (+1000) Dmaul is just really nice. (+1000) Dmaul is just really nice. (+1000) Dmaul is just really nice. (+1000) Dmaul is just really nice. (+1000)
    lol @ Royce vs Wand

Mata Leao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mata Leao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mata Leao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mata Leao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mata Leao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mata Leao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mata Leao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mata Leao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mata Leao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mata Leao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mata Leao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    i dont hae a high enough post count to post the link yet but its on youtube. type in royce gracie vs. wanderlea silva ands you can find it there
    STFU with your bull****... royce and wanderlei have NEVER EVER FOUGHT...... and that video was mislabeled... that guy had 0 affiliation with the gracies and clearly is not royce that guy ibn the video is Marcelao Barbosa.... sorry nice try... also that guy is a purple belt... against wand that is a black belt in muay thai and a black belt in bjj..

i also doubt thats even wandy.

Lmao.. JUST WATCHed that royce gracie vs akebono the 500 pound sumo champion... hahaha royce ****ing omoplata his ass... gotta love japan... 170 pounder against a guy thats 6'8 and 500 pounds.... and royce still ****ing tooled him hahahahahhahahah... bjj man gotta love it.
    Last edited by thailegacy; 11-29-2009 at 11:33 PM.
    ADMA Muay Thai gym.

SQUAT(ATG)- 275 (x15)
    PRESS- 195 (3x5)
    DIPS- bw+55lbs-----3x8

kziwarrior will become famous soon enough. (+50) kziwarrior will become famous soon enough. (+50) kziwarrior will become famous soon enough. (+50) kziwarrior will become famous soon enough. (+50) kziwarrior will become famous soon enough. (+50) kziwarrior will become famous soon enough. (+50) kziwarrior will become famous soon enough. (+50) kziwarrior will become famous soon enough. (+50) kziwarrior will become famous soon enough. (+50) kziwarrior will become famous soon enough. (+50) kziwarrior will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Vid: I don't attest to which fighters are in the video but regardless the video serves a purpose in the context in which it was originally mentioned.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k62f-SJXrdo

These threads are so ****ing annoying. And I really don't know why I'm about to waste my time with this response since it will fall on mostly deaf ears (or in this case blind eyes). But hopefully at least a few readers will get it.

Bottom line there is NO BEST STYLE, for street or sport. Any style that has a solid foundation can be adapted by a skilled practitioner to meet the needs of self-defense or sport. It is the skill of the practitioner that matters far more than the style(s) he/she practices. Furthermore in the streets anything goes and in a real fight the attitude and will of the fighters will mean as much or more towards the outcome than what style they train.

Furthermore anyone that needs to argue towards one particular style, particularly by arguing against another style shows just how little of a understanding they have towards the true application of any art/system.
    Last edited by kziwarrior; 11-29-2009 at 11:34 PM.
    You are right to be wary. There is much bull****. Be wary of me too, because I may be wrong. Make up your own mind after you evaluate all the evidence and the logic. - Rippetoe

www.KenZenIchii.com
    www.BSRWarriors.com

eazy e 123 is just really nice. (+1000) eazy e 123 is just really nice. (+1000) eazy e 123 is just really nice. (+1000) eazy e 123 is just really nice. (+1000) eazy e 123 is just really nice. (+1000) eazy e 123 is just really nice. (+1000) eazy e 123 is just really nice. (+1000) eazy e 123 is just really nice. (+1000) eazy e 123 is just really nice. (+1000) eazy e 123 is just really nice. (+1000) eazy e 123 is just really nice. (+1000)
    you're an idiot, that was NOT royce gracie, video was misslabeled

STFU with your bull****... royce and wanderlei have NEVER EVER FOUGHT...... and that video was mislabeled... that guy had 0 affiliation with the gracies and clearly is not royce that guy ibn the video is Marcelao Barbosa.... sorry nice try... also that guy is a purple belt... against wand that is a black belt in muay thai and a black belt in bjj..

i also doubt thats even wandy.

Lmao.. JUST WATCHed that royce gracie vs akebono the 500 pound sumo champion... hahaha royce ****ing omoplata his ass... gotta love japan... 170 pounder against a guy thats 6'8 and 500 pounds.... and royce still ****ing tooled him hahahahahhahahah... bjj man gotta love it.
    hey sorry if its miss labeled but the whole point is he got bend out of frame tryin to take the fight to tha ground.WHOEVER the other cat is he didnt use brazilian jj to chunk his ass to that ground and take a couple of teeth with a kick the the face and several unanswered punches while other dude tried his best to get away. the belt color excuse lol thats classic! i guess a 6 year old tae kwon do BLACK BELT wouldve did the same thing to him? i can see this is gonna get off topic quick sorry op. im not disputing the effectiveness of bjj in fighting heck you need to have a well rounded skill set.im just saying that tring to take the fight to the ground is not always the smartest thing to do. look at how much trouble gracie had with kimo back in tha day. man he sucked and took gracie to tha limit(to the point tha he didnt want to fight the next guy!) and kimo sucked, no skill just did it with pure strenght. i mean fedor isnt bjj and hes tough lol. like i said its all in how mean the guy really is,poke someones eyes with your thumbs, slap both their ears,break a couple fingers,grab their groin,bitem in tha face,beat their head on a concrete floor 10 or so times. all that **** will take alot of fight out of anyone period no matter what style they are!
    Last edited by kingots; 11-29-2009 at 11:57 PM.

hey sorry if its miss labeled but the whole point is he got bend out of frame tryin to take the fight to tha ground.WHOEVER the other cat is he didnt use brazilian jj to chunk his ass to that ground and take a couple of teeth with a kick the the face and several unanswered punches while other dude tried his best to get away. the belt color excuse lol thats classic! i guess a 6 year old tae kwon do BLACK BELT wouldve did the same thing to him? i can see this is gonna get off topic quick sorry op.
    dude if that is wand we all know his one of the best in the world... his also a bb in bjj... fighting a purple belt... thats a stupid matchup.... theres no way that guy is gonna win.... in a street fight most of the time ur fighting regular ppl not ****ing the best fighgters in the world.... its a stupid comparison...wand vs some purple belt in bjj.... lol wtf..... u guys really are running out of **** to come with to try and discredit bjj... its proven already nothing u say will change the fact.
    ADMA Muay Thai gym.

SQUAT(ATG)- 275 (x15)
    PRESS- 195 (3x5)
    DIPS- bw+55lbs-----3x8

dude if that is wand we all know his one of the best in the world... his also a bb in bjj... fighting a purple belt... thats a stupid matchup.... theres no way that guy is gonna win.... in a street fight most of the time ur fighting regular ppl not ****ing the best fighgters in the world.... its a stupid comparison...wand vs some purple belt in bjj.... lol wtf..... u guys really are running out of **** to come with to try and discredit bjj... its proven already nothing u say will change the fact.
    look man im not tring to discredit bjj its great!! im just saying its not the end all style if it was you wouldnt have bjj and muay thai in your list of stuff. that was also my point the original poster wanted to know what was good for a street fight. i said boxing cause it keeps you standing so you can get away. i agree you fight regular guys on tha street so how many of them are gonna take you down and triangle choke you? a real guy thats fights on tha street and in bars all the time is simply gonna try to hurt you bad! as bad and as quick as he can.now im not talkin about 19 year old popped collar tough guys. im talking love to hurt ya break a bottle over your head freaking choke ya till he thinks your dead type of guy. you dont want to be wrestling around trying to get a fancy finishing move. if you do you better go ahead and break whatever you got ahold of cause if you let this kind of guy go its time to rock all over again! thats what im trying to let this guy who seems to have never been in a real fight know about.

yes we can clearly see loads of eye gouges and ball grabbing here when this guy uses BJJ/sarcasm

yes we can clearly see loads of eye gouges and ball grabbing here when this guy uses BJJ/sarcasm

if you wouldve seen it the guy wouldnt have got choked out.you gotta do that stuff before your in trouble. you gotta be vicious to win a street fight! you tellin me if the black dude wouldve grab dudes fingers and snaped a couple of them while they were wrestling around that bjj guy would still been fighting as hard? you think with 2 broke fingers on each hand you could grip hard enough to hold someone? if you think so your dreaming lol. now aboviously your not gonna do those things to a buddy or brother but a stranger? **** em! if he wouldve hurt the guy he wouldve had homeboys teammates jumping on him. black dude shouldve stayed standing.
    Last edited by kingots; 11-30-2009 at 06:18 AM.

dunkalicious is a name known to all. (+5000) dunkalicious is a name known to all. (+5000) dunkalicious is a name known to all. (+5000) dunkalicious is a name known to all. (+5000) dunkalicious is a name known to all. (+5000) dunkalicious is a name known to all. (+5000) dunkalicious is a name known to all. (+5000) dunkalicious is a name known to all. (+5000) dunkalicious is a name known to all. (+5000) dunkalicious is a name known to all. (+5000) dunkalicious is a name known to all. (+5000)

wtf was this?
    I rep back 5k+, just say 5k+

reps for life: Vai , Cgrimaldo

if you wouldve seen it the guy wouldnt have got choked out.you gotta do that stuff before your in trouble. you gotta be vicious to win a street fight! you tellin me if the black dude wouldve grab dudes fingers and snaped a couple of them while they were wrestling around that bjj guy would still been fighting as hard? you think with 2 broke fingers on each hand you could grip hard enough to hold someone? if you think so your dreaming lol. now aboviously your not gonna do those things to a buddy or brother but a stranger? **** em! if he wouldve hurt the guy he wouldve had homeboys teammates jumping on him. black dude shouldve stayed standing.
    the black guy wasn't his "buddy", and he attacked him first, then he got choked out, u think he wasn't trying to break his fingers/eye gouge/ball grab as he was getting choked out? course he was! the proof is in the pudding, this video just proves that it is very difficult to rip someone's balls etc when they are good at BJJ and are choking you, people think its so easy to just eye gouge etc when ur fighting someone good at BJJ and this video proves otherwise, just dispelling a myth.

makavelicss is a jewel in the rough. (+500) makavelicss is a jewel in the rough. (+500) makavelicss is a jewel in the rough. (+500) makavelicss is a jewel in the rough. (+500) makavelicss is a jewel in the rough. (+500) makavelicss is a jewel in the rough. (+500) makavelicss is a jewel in the rough. (+500) makavelicss is a jewel in the rough. (+500) makavelicss is a jewel in the rough. (+500) makavelicss is a jewel in the rough. (+500) makavelicss is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Learn MMA.

Its evrything. You'll learn stand up and ground game.

If you train boxing and someone takes you down, your boxing training goes out the window.

Originally Posted by makavelicss View Post
    Learn MMA.

If you train boxing and someone takes you down, your boxing training goes out the window.
    i agree 100 %. that the same philo that bruce lee said 30 years ago.

to other guy i never seen him try to eye gouge or break his fingers. when in the video does he attempt any of that? at 1.24 and 1.35 in tha video is when i wouldve attempted to break his fingers then when i stood up i wouldve been tring to kick him in tha face not jumping back down in his gaurd. i tell me one more thing as far as holds go whats tha difference in bjj, jap jj, small circle jj, sport judo,self defense judo? why is all grappling bjj? its not the art that makes tha man its tha man the makes the art!
    Last edited by kingots; 11-30-2009 at 01:13 PM.

I throw spinning sh*t HardGainer82's Avatar
    HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by makavelicss View Post
    Learn MMA.

This.
    To all the guys who say "train boxing, you never want to go to the ground in a street fight."

Well yeah, but who says it's always going to be your choice? If the guy takes YOU down, or knocks you down, it might be a little useful to know what you're doing off your back, no?
    "The sun is always gonna rise, and always gonna set and I'll just keep on punching because everyday is gonna bring something different and I just want to be ready for it."
    - Jens Pulver

If you refer to a fighter who you've never met in real life as "my boy" as though their performance somehow reflects well on you for simply being a fan, you're a lame ass.

i agree 100 %. that the same philo that bruce lee said 30 years ago.

to other guy i never seen him try to eye gouge or break his fingers. when in the video does he attempt any of that? at 1.24 and 1.35 in tha video is when i wouldve attempted to break his fingers then when i stood up i wouldve been tring to kick him in tha face not jumping back down in his gaurd. i tell me one more thing as far as holds go whats tha difference in bjj, jap jj, small circle jj, sport judo,self defense judo? why is all grappling bjj? its not the art that makes tha man its tha man the makes the art!
    the point was the guy didn't get a chance to break his fingers or gouge his eyes, I was just showing that it's not easy at all to do that, especially when you have a good BJJ'ist choking you out

Da-Risin-Smoke is on a distinguished road. (+10) Da-Risin-Smoke is on a distinguished road. (+10) Da-Risin-Smoke is on a distinguished road. (+10) Da-Risin-Smoke is on a distinguished road. (+10) Da-Risin-Smoke is on a distinguished road. (+10) Da-Risin-Smoke is on a distinguished road. (+10) Da-Risin-Smoke is on a distinguished road. (+10) Da-Risin-Smoke is on a distinguished road. (+10) Da-Risin-Smoke is on a distinguished road. (+10) Da-Risin-Smoke is on a distinguished road. (+10) Da-Risin-Smoke is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by OKEN View Post
    Tae Kwon Do would be the best in my opinion. I mean it is THE martial art taught for self-defense isn't it?
    But TKD in this age has become Americanized.

I have seen few good places that still teach good TKD with all the take downs and good self-defense, but many have turned into McDojos and kiddie day cares.

the point was the guy didn't get a chance to break his fingers or gouge his eyes, I was just showing that it's not easy at all to do that, especially when you have a good BJJ'ist choking you out
    my point was he did have multiply chances to do just that.anytime someone is grabbing you their hand is open or even if they are holding on to clothing you can do that very easy. like i said every move has a counter.again im not rying to discredit bjj ITS AWESOME!!! im simply saying imo boxing is better suited to the quick style of fighting that a street or bar fight brings. how many bar fights last 15 min? how many guys get in a street fight that last 15 min? ive seen many bjj guys roll around for 15min in the ufc before they get a choke. its easy when you in someones guard to grab their head is it not. 10 quick bounces off asphalt or concrete and your brains are leaking out. in a STREET OR BAR FIGHT you donot want to roll around on the ground! if the fight ends up there then you gotta do what you gotta do but ive seen chuck liddel simply stand back up a million times. and as for someone taking you down and mounting you heck thats not bjj ive been doing and seen that move for 30 years lol. thats nature lol
    Last edited by kingots; 11-30-2009 at 04:46 PM.

Registered User ABRAHAM_SOLOMON's Avatar
    ABRAHAM_SOLOMON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ABRAHAM_SOLOMON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ABRAHAM_SOLOMON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ABRAHAM_SOLOMON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ABRAHAM_SOLOMON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ABRAHAM_SOLOMON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ABRAHAM_SOLOMON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ABRAHAM_SOLOMON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ABRAHAM_SOLOMON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ABRAHAM_SOLOMON has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ABRAHAM_SOLOMON has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

HOLY F*CKING SH*T THIS VIDEO IS COOL!

Strong embarresment for the Black dude, just saying.

Anyone know cliffs to video?

my point was he did have multiply chances to do just that.anytime someone is grabbing you their hand is open or even if they are holding on to clothing you can do that very easy. like i said every move has a counter.again im not rying to discredit bjj ITS AWESOME!!! im simply saying imo boxing is better suited to the quick style of fighting that a street or bar fight brings. how many bar fights last 15 min? how many guys get in a street fight that last 15 min? ive seen many bjj guys roll around for 15min in the ufc before they get a choke. its easy when you in someones guard to grab their head is it not. 10 quick bounces off asphalt or concrete and your brains are leaking out. in a STREET OR BAR FIGHT you donot want to roll around on the ground! if the fight ends up there then you gotta do what you gotta do but ive seen chuck liddel simply stand back up a million times. and as for someone taking you down and mounting you heck thats not bjj ive been doing and seen that move for 30 years lol. thats nature lol
    no he didn't, also, the guy was wearing jeans which makes it very hard to grab the balls through and most people wear jeans, the fact is that if someone has you in a good choke it is very hard to grab their balls or gouge their eyes because they are thinking "**** **** im gonna get choked out" and before they get a chance to actually do that they are usually out. too many idiots think it's so easy to just effectively gouge the eyes or whatever when it really isn't, and you'd be a moron to think that someone trained in BJJ doesn't have the ability to fight dirty either.