Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MUFC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Track and Field.

More specifically, the 400m sprint.
    "If you can read this and still disagree, fantastic; just realize that you’re wrong." - Lyle McDonald

"We serial killers are your sons, we are your husbands, we are everywhere. and there will be more of your children dead tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Half of the stuff I say is said to piss you off. Everything else is just a lead up to me trolling you.

Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Muay-Thai and Wrestling

BRB... Eating a chicken askthetrainer's Avatar
    askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by artm View Post
    get into fights, lots of them

kick boxing works pretty good
    ^^^ Good advice

Once you're in jail you can practice street fighting every day in the shower

Contact me about our author Program

www.AskTheTrainer.com | Twitter.com/AskTheTrainer | ********.com/askthetrainercom

askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by The_Dono View Post
    Boxing.
    This guy agrees

www.AskTheTrainer.com | Twitter.com/AskTheTrainer | ********.com/askthetrainercom

Mata Leao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mata Leao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mata Leao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mata Leao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mata Leao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mata Leao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mata Leao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mata Leao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mata Leao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mata Leao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mata Leao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by stasgolbom View Post
    in a 1 vs 1 id say you are right

but you cant grapple with 4-5 guys, you wont have enough hands and legs, this where 1 knockout punch or kicks come in, vs people who dont know how to fight ofcourse.
    Get the **** out of here!!!!!!!!!!!!

BJJ got its fame from the streets of brazil... and then they dominated the no rules ufc pretty much a street fight.. the gracies sent the weakest of their family at the time in royce and he won every ****ing fight....

and also theres no martial art that can help u beat 4-5 guys lets be real were this is not dragon ball and your not goku....... thinking that boxing is gonna be usefull for fighting 5 ppl anymore then bjj is retarded thinking....

most fights go to the ground, most fights happen 1 on 1.. so yeah bjj wins hands down.. its the only martial art proven in the streets...

get the **** out of here with krav maga also that **** is as useless as it gets... i mean lets be honest an art that has groin shots and shots at the back of the head as its staple it cant obviusly be train in a lively matter like bjj,boxing,muay thai...

so first place goes to bjj then muay thai.. a guy with a broken arm is useless... standing there trying to land kicks and trading punches in a street fight against 5 ppl is even more stupid.. get a gun if u wanna fight 5 ppl

this site is getting packed with stupid ****s.
    ADMA Muay Thai gym.

SQUAT(ATG)- 275 (x15)
    DEADLIFT- 445 (x 6 W/CHALK)
    PRESS- 195 (3x5)
    DIPS- bw+55lbs-----3x8
    PULLUPS- bw+70lbs-3x8- MAX 110lbs added so around 305 total weight.

-STOP BEING A "FRIEND" AND FINISH THE DEAL.
    betheseducer.com {meet women,attract women,seduce women}

Registered User dethmetalanimal's Avatar
    dethmetalanimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dethmetalanimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dethmetalanimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dethmetalanimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dethmetalanimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dethmetalanimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dethmetalanimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dethmetalanimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dethmetalanimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dethmetalanimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dethmetalanimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Buildandrun View Post
    I want to learn a martial art, I did tae kwon do as a kid but stopped after about a year.

I want a martial art that I can use for self defense purposes only - that would actually help me out in a bar-fight or similar situation if it was to arise (i.e. angry ex boyfriend thats twice my size, etc)

What type of martial art would you recommend learning?
    ultimate fighting

brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000) brake is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Well if i was the OP i would train UFC. proven to be the best fighting system in the world
    If abs are made in the kitchen how come hardly any women have them?

TylerManning is not very helpful. (-500) TylerManning is not very helpful. (-500) TylerManning is not very helpful. (-500) TylerManning is not very helpful. (-500) TylerManning is not very helpful. (-500) TylerManning is not very helpful. (-500) TylerManning is not very helpful. (-500) TylerManning is not very helpful. (-500) TylerManning is not very helpful. (-500) TylerManning is not very helpful. (-500) TylerManning is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by thailegacy View Post

BJJ got its fame from the streets of brazil... and then they dominated the no rules ufc pretty much a street fight.. the gracies sent the weakest of their family at the time in royce and he won every ****ing fight....

and also theres no martial art that can help u beat 4-5 guys lets be real were this is not dragon ball and your not goku....... thinking that boxing is gonna be usefull for fighting 5 ppl anymore then bjj is retarded thinking....

most fights go to the ground, most fights happen 1 on 1.. so yeah bjj wins hands down.. its the only martial art proven in the streets...

get the **** out of here with krav maga also that **** is as useless as it gets... i mean lets be honest an art that has groin shots and shots at the back of the head as its staple it cant obviusly be train in a lively matter like bjj,boxing,muay thai...

so first place goes to bjj then muay thai.. a guy with a broken arm is useless... standing there trying to land kicks and trading punches in a street fight against 5 ppl is even more stupid.. get a gun if u wanna fight 5 ppl

i lol'd

well fighting multiple attackers, the best thing to do is sucker punch. sprint away. repeat.

but srsly, realistically if you can beat 5 guys at once you probably don't need any training.

if you want to learn something that will end a street fight quick, but not send them to the hospital.

check out muay thai, if you ever find yourself in a bad spot.

throw someone in the clinch and start throwing knees like a mad man.

be sure to keep your balance though, or you WILL end up on your back.

but if someone has never been put in the clinch before its lights out.

next to that is boxing IMO, put your hands in front of your face.

and wait for the opposition to **** up.

next to that, i would say any form of grappling that includes take downs, submissions, position improvement and teaches a good sense of balance and base.

primary grappling info that you need to know is how to get off of your back.

especially if you throw kicks like me, learned that one the hard way.

but there is a high school kids opinion, i hope it helps you.
    "the good die young, the great die fighting" me

Evidentally ^^^ didn't watch

homerunrbi is not very well liked. (-100) homerunrbi is not very well liked. (-100) homerunrbi is not very well liked. (-100) homerunrbi is not very well liked. (-100) homerunrbi is not very well liked. (-100) homerunrbi is not very well liked. (-100) homerunrbi is not very well liked. (-100) homerunrbi is not very well liked. (-100) homerunrbi is not very well liked. (-100) homerunrbi is not very well liked. (-100) homerunrbi is not very well liked. (-100)
    Wrestling and boxing. Using a "art" in a street fight is a lot different than in the gym.

someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    if you can keep your cool you should never have to be in a street fight, only little kids and idiots get into street fights.

Best martial art for street fighting is using your head and not getting into one, or run no point risking safety for no reason or getting thrown in jail.

Budjola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Budjola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Budjola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Budjola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Budjola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Budjola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Budjola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Budjola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Budjola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Budjola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Budjola has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    just buy a fkn gun or avoid fights
    I always tell the truth, even when I lie.
    Podcast 24/7 Crew
    Conspiracy Crew

Mata Leao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mata Leao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mata Leao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mata Leao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mata Leao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mata Leao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mata Leao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mata Leao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mata Leao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mata Leao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mata Leao is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by askthetrainer View Post
    Evidentally ^^^ didn't watch

yeah we got a ****ing video of something that happened what? 1 time out 4569778878 and we got it in tape... keep on watching videos and thinking u can take 5 guys if u take boxing... ur missing the whole point of my post.
    ADMA Muay Thai gym.

SQUAT(ATG)- 275 (x15)
    DEADLIFT- 445 (x 6 W/CHALK)
    PRESS- 195 (3x5)
    DIPS- bw+55lbs-----3x8
    PULLUPS- bw+70lbs-3x8- MAX 110lbs added so around 305 total weight.

-STOP BEING A "FRIEND" AND FINISH THE DEAL.
    betheseducer.com {meet women,attract women,seduce women}

I throw spinning sh*t HardGainer82's Avatar
    HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by homerunrbi View Post
    Wrestling and boxing. Using a "art" in a street fight is a lot different than in the gym.
    Wrestling and boxing are "arts" too.
    "The sun is always gonna rise, and always gonna set and I'll just keep on punching because everyday is gonna bring something different and I just want to be ready for it."
    - Jens Pulver

If you refer to a fighter who you've never met in real life as "my boy" as though their performance somehow reflects well on you for simply being a fan, you're a lame ass.

yeah we got a ****ing video of something that happened what? 1 time out 4569778878 and we got it in tape... keep on watching videos and thinking u can take 5 guys if u take boxing... ur missing the whole point of my post.
    Your original point is even worse than absolutely retarded

BJJ is almost worthless unless in a controlled environment.

Are you going to try to slap on a rear naked choke on a guy when 5 of his boys are standing there?

Are you going to try to armbar a guy with a knife?
    Last edited by askthetrainer; 11-24-2009 at 10:45 PM.

Bollock-chops is just really nice. (+1000) Bollock-chops is just really nice. (+1000) Bollock-chops is just really nice. (+1000) Bollock-chops is just really nice. (+1000) Bollock-chops is just really nice. (+1000) Bollock-chops is just really nice. (+1000) Bollock-chops is just really nice. (+1000) Bollock-chops is just really nice. (+1000) Bollock-chops is just really nice. (+1000) Bollock-chops is just really nice. (+1000) Bollock-chops is just really nice. (+1000)
    Can't go wrong with either Muay Thai or boxing

I OuTsiDeR I is just really nice. (+1000) I OuTsiDeR I is just really nice. (+1000) I OuTsiDeR I is just really nice. (+1000) I OuTsiDeR I is just really nice. (+1000) I OuTsiDeR I is just really nice. (+1000) I OuTsiDeR I is just really nice. (+1000) I OuTsiDeR I is just really nice. (+1000) I OuTsiDeR I is just really nice. (+1000) I OuTsiDeR I is just really nice. (+1000) I OuTsiDeR I is just really nice. (+1000) I OuTsiDeR I is just really nice. (+1000)
    Well show us a video 1 out of 4839429398 that BJJ worked against 5 guys .

I agree any art isn't gonna work against a bunch of guys but at least with some kinda stand up you can hit and run, back peddle etc. With BJJ you really have no chance to try to do anything. 1 on 1 is a different story in street fights anything can happen.

CainValasquez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CainValasquez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CainValasquez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CainValasquez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CainValasquez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CainValasquez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CainValasquez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CainValasquez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CainValasquez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CainValasquez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CainValasquez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Buildandrun View Post
    I want to learn a martial art, I did tae kwon do as a kid but stopped after about a year.

I want a martial art that I can use for self defense purposes only - that would actually help me out in a bar-fight or similar situation if it was to arise (i.e. angry ex boyfriend thats twice my size, etc)

What type of martial art would you recommend learning?
    Probably....Affliction for self defense, I train TapouT because I'm usally the agresser..

MyLastSerenade has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyLastSerenade has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyLastSerenade has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyLastSerenade has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyLastSerenade has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyLastSerenade has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyLastSerenade has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyLastSerenade has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyLastSerenade has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyLastSerenade has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyLastSerenade has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Best advice I could ever give someone is experience is the best martial art ever. If you never been a fight, you won't know how to control your breathing, or your adrenaline.
    I would rather die than live my life in fear.- KSE

Don't Panic and always carry a towel.

someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) someonefat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    honestly think wrestling be the best, easy takedown smash face done. Just like in ufc.

DragonDude is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DragonDude is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DragonDude is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DragonDude is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DragonDude is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DragonDude is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DragonDude is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DragonDude is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DragonDude is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DragonDude is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DragonDude is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    MMA is NOT the best for the street not by a long shot.

It is designed for 1 on 1 encounters in a Sporting event, not the street.

Grappling & Ground work pretty much out in the street, have it as back up incase you end up on the ground, etc but you never want to intentionally go there even if you are BJJ black belt. Too many variables other attackers starting on you on the ground, or opponent has weapon like knife. You don't want to get too close if you can help it & do Girly MMA holding like Randy Corture does, someone will bite your nose off or gouge your eyes.

MMA stand up again designed for a Sporting competition with rules, utterly useless on multiple attackers far too slow & clumsy.

MMA striking : Lead Hand WEAK very poor jab etc more to annoy than hurt / rear leg Thai kicks you do one say multiple attackers others will pounce on you. Lead Leg & Hand VERY WEAK INDEED.

Sadly I know many IMBECILES that do MMA that train in nothing but MMA & think it is the Ultimate for the street too! I've been at seminars with MMA guys you go at them with a knife these IDIOTS are trying to kick your legs with rear leg thai kicks, or dive on you & take you down whilst you still have knife in hand, etc. Some of them are tough guys no doubt, but UTTERLY CLUELESS on self defence and what does/doesn't work in reality. They really do genuinely believe MMA Sporting skills are ALL directly transferable & usable for the street.

Self Defence means being prepared for EVERYTHING not just fighting 1 on 1 under Sporting rules. Multiple attackers / guns/ knives / terrorists/ suicide bombers, etc.

Also there is lot of psychology, strategies & tactics for self defence not covered in MMA.

The Gasman UK is on a distinguished road. (+10) The Gasman UK is on a distinguished road. (+10) The Gasman UK is on a distinguished road. (+10) The Gasman UK is on a distinguished road. (+10) The Gasman UK is on a distinguished road. (+10) The Gasman UK is on a distinguished road. (+10) The Gasman UK is on a distinguished road. (+10) The Gasman UK is on a distinguished road. (+10) The Gasman UK is on a distinguished road. (+10) The Gasman UK is on a distinguished road. (+10) The Gasman UK is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Bollock-chops View Post
    Can't go wrong with either Muay Thai or boxing
    This.

And a bit of ground fighting experience and you're golden.

ARNOLLD will become famous soon enough. (+50) ARNOLLD will become famous soon enough. (+50) ARNOLLD will become famous soon enough. (+50) ARNOLLD will become famous soon enough. (+50) ARNOLLD will become famous soon enough. (+50) ARNOLLD will become famous soon enough. (+50) ARNOLLD will become famous soon enough. (+50) ARNOLLD will become famous soon enough. (+50) ARNOLLD will become famous soon enough. (+50) ARNOLLD will become famous soon enough. (+50) ARNOLLD will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    1. All martial arts suck if you are fighting multiple attackers. You?re most likely not going to win, so run.

2. Repeat #1 if the attacker is armed with a knife, bat and certainly a gun. Run!

Under these two circumstances you?re an idiot if you stick around to find out which martial art is "best". More often than not you end up seriously hurt.

Now I think the best question is what art is best in defending against one unarmed attacker. My vote goes to submission grappling, pick one. Against someone who has no knowledge of grappling (I would guess most people qualify) a person proficient in bjj for instance, will most likely win that fight. See the early UFCs for reference. You can argue the attacker can bite, poke eyes when the fight is in such a close space. You?re correct but I have teeth also (insert Tennessee toothless joke) and can gouge eyes too.

I guess my main point is anyone can throw a punch/kick back at you and if it lands you could lose. Not everyone can grapple and will waste most of their energy trying to overpower you on the ground.

Secondary point, don't get into a fight that will likely end up with you hospitalized and if possible avoid any fight.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DragonDude View Post
    MMA is NOT the best for the street not by a long shot.

It is designed for 1 on 1 encounters in a Sporting event, not the street.

Grappling & Ground work pretty much out in the street, have it as back up incase you end up on the ground, etc but you never want to intentionally go there even if you are BJJ black belt. Too many variables other attackers starting on you on the ground, or opponent has weapon like knife. You don't want to get too close if you can help it & do Girly MMA holding like Randy Corture does, someone will bite your nose off or gouge your eyes.

MMA stand up again designed for a Sporting competition with rules, utterly useless on multiple attackers far too slow & clumsy.

MMA striking : Lead Hand WEAK very poor jab etc more to annoy than hurt / rear leg Thai kicks you do one say multiple attackers others will pounce on you. Lead Leg & Hand VERY WEAK INDEED.

Sadly I know many IMBECILES that do MMA that train in nothing but MMA & think it is the Ultimate for the street too! I've been at seminars with MMA guys you go at them with a knife these IDIOTS are trying to kick your legs with rear leg thai kicks, or dive on you & take you down whilst you still have knife in hand, etc. Some of them are tough guys no doubt, but UTTERLY CLUELESS on self defence and what does/doesn't work in reality. They really do genuinely believe MMA Sporting skills are ALL directly transferable & usable for the street.

Self Defence means being prepared for EVERYTHING not just fighting 1 on 1 under Sporting rules. Multiple attackers / guns/ knives / terrorists/ suicide bombers, etc.

Also there is lot of psychology, strategies & tactics for self defence not covered in MMA.
    Maybe YOUR lead hand is weak, Sally.

You're a moron if you think a trained fighter won't know how to instinctively fight dirty just like everyone else.
    "The sun is always gonna rise, and always gonna set and I'll just keep on punching because everyday is gonna bring something different and I just want to be ready for it."
    - Jens Pulver

If you refer to a fighter who you've never met in real life as "my boy" as though their performance somehow reflects well on you for simply being a fan, you're a lame ass.

Bing has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bing has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bing has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bing has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bing has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bing has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bing has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bing has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bing has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bing has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bing has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    No martial art is a credible defense againt a Greco Roman Beer Bottle to the head. That being said, to answer your question, boxing, kickboxing and karate are the only truely useful weapons in a street fight. Once the fight hits the ground it's over people; everyone jumps in to break it up at that point. Haven't been in any or attended many street fights boys and girls? For proof, reference Kimbo lol. See any BJJ being used in his street fights?

SoFL_RX8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoFL_RX8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoFL_RX8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoFL_RX8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoFL_RX8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoFL_RX8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoFL_RX8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoFL_RX8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoFL_RX8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoFL_RX8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoFL_RX8 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Muay Thai + BJJ = everything you'd need for a street fright.

ARNOLLD will become famous soon enough. (+50) ARNOLLD will become famous soon enough. (+50) ARNOLLD will become famous soon enough. (+50) ARNOLLD will become famous soon enough. (+50) ARNOLLD will become famous soon enough. (+50) ARNOLLD will become famous soon enough. (+50) ARNOLLD will become famous soon enough. (+50) ARNOLLD will become famous soon enough. (+50) ARNOLLD will become famous soon enough. (+50) ARNOLLD will become famous soon enough. (+50) ARNOLLD will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Bing View Post
    No martial art is a credible defense againt a Greco Roman Beer Bottle to the head. That being said, to answer your question, boxing, kickboxing and karate are the only truely useful weapons in a street fight. Once the fight hits the ground it's over people; everyone jumps in to break it up at that point. Haven't been in any or attended many street fights boys and girls? For proof, reference Kimbo lol. See any BJJ being used in his street fights?
    How many of the people in Kimbo's fights know bjj? Probably zero. That helps explain why none of his videos show his arm being snapped in half.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by Bing View Post
    lol @ you thinking that Kimbo's fights were legit street fights.
    - Jens Pulver

DragonDude is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DragonDude is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DragonDude is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DragonDude is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DragonDude is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DragonDude is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DragonDude is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DragonDude is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DragonDude is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DragonDude is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) DragonDude is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by HardGainer82 View Post
    Maybe YOUR lead hand is weak, Sally.

You're a moron if you think a trained fighter won't know how to instinctively fight dirty just like everyone else.
    Of course they can fight dirty but you are a COMPLETE BELL-END , if you think MMA + bit of dirty fighting is the ultimate for street self defence.

MMA is a Sport with rules what works in the cage or ring could get you in lot of trouble in the street.

If you don't train for the street against knives / guns / multiple attackers, etc - your MMA BS is unlikely to miraculously deal with all those situations. If you haven't looked into Counter Terrorism & how SAS/Navy Seals/Israeli Special Forces train for it & deal with specific situations e.g. suicide bombers, again your sporty MMA BS isn't going to help you much.

There is much more to Self Defence than 1on1 Sport fighting, though granted MMA fighters are tough no question & can fight.

Believe me I've been at seminars with MMA idiots trying to rear leg thai kick me when I'm coming at them with a knife, or worse dive on me whilst I still have knife in my hand - one even rolled around when I repeatedly showed him stab/slash he was like 'oh I guess that's me dead'.

Originally Posted by DragonDude View Post
    Of course they can fight dirty but you are a COMPLETE BELL-END , if you think MMA + bit of dirty fighting is the ultimate for street self defence.

MMA is a Sport with rules what works in the cage or ring could get you in lot of trouble in the street.

If you don't train for the street against knives / guns / multiple attackers, etc - your MMA BS is unlikely to miraculously deal with all those situations. If you haven't looked into Counter Terrorism & how SAS/Navy Seals/Israeli Special Forces train for it & deal with specific situations e.g. suicide bombers, again your sporty MMA BS isn't going to help you much.

There is much more to Self Defence than 1on1 Sport fighting, though granted MMA fighters are tough no question & can fight.

Believe me I've been at seminars with MMA idiots trying to rear leg thai kick me when I'm coming at them with a knife, or worse dive on me whilst I still have knife in my hand - one even rolled around when I repeatedly showed him stab/slash he was like 'oh I guess that's me dead'.
    That's why you don't follow the rules.

Get your head out of your ass.
    - Jens Pulver