Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    reppin the triangle nc elfin1mf's Avatar
    elfin1mf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) elfin1mf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) elfin1mf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) elfin1mf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) elfin1mf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) elfin1mf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) elfin1mf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) elfin1mf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) elfin1mf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) elfin1mf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) elfin1mf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Why not train every muscle in a day?

If I want to gain muscle, why shouldn't I train every muscle in a day and then break for a couple days and do it again?

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    No reason you can't; 3-day-a-week, full-body routines work well.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

elfin1mf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) elfin1mf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) elfin1mf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) elfin1mf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) elfin1mf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) elfin1mf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) elfin1mf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) elfin1mf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) elfin1mf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) elfin1mf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) elfin1mf has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Yes But 45 - 60?

I read that I should not work out more than 45 - 60 minutes in a day because my hormone levels drop after 45 - 60 minutes of working out. A full body work- out for me done properly can take anywhere from 2 - 8 hours. When I started out I would only train for 45 minutes a day tops but now I cannot train hardest on a set until I am at least an hour into my routine. The first hour for me is trying very hard to train each muscle in my body to failure, but I cannot actually train them to failure until I have a couple sets in for each muscle group and about 30 minutes of rest after that for each group. Then I can train them to failure at least 2 or 3 times before I can train no more.

kentrox99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kentrox99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kentrox99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kentrox99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kentrox99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kentrox99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kentrox99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kentrox99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kentrox99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kentrox99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kentrox99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Rippetoe's and the 5x5 program are essentially doing just that. The smaller muscles may not be hit directly with isolation movements every workout. But your shoulders, biceps, tris, hams, calves are getting work with all the squats, rows and presses.

SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000)
    The whole point of doing full body workouts is to work on movements that target the most musculature. This does not mean that you will have an isolation exercise for every major muscle group in the body.

An example is like:

Squats
    Bench Press
    Rows

Then maybe an accessory exercise or two. However, just from working those first three exercises hard, you have recruited most of the upper body pulling and pushing musculature, as well as the lower body as a whole, maybe more emphasis on quads or posterior chain depending on the form of squat, but overall a lot more muscle is being worked than isolation exercises.

You also have frequency on your side because the muscles will be worked three times a week rather than just one time a week such as the typical bodybuilder splits.

mdorty is just really nice. (+1000) mdorty is just really nice. (+1000) mdorty is just really nice. (+1000) mdorty is just really nice. (+1000) mdorty is just really nice. (+1000) mdorty is just really nice. (+1000) mdorty is just really nice. (+1000) mdorty is just really nice. (+1000) mdorty is just really nice. (+1000) mdorty is just really nice. (+1000) mdorty is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by SFT View Post
    The whole point of doing full body workouts is to work on movements that target the most musculature. This does not mean that you will have an isolation exercise for every major muscle group in the body.

An example is like:

Squats
    Bench Press
    Rows

Then maybe an accessory exercise or two. However, just from working those first three exercises hard, you have recruited most of the upper body pulling and pushing musculature, as well as the lower body as a whole, maybe more emphasis on quads or posterior chain depending on the form of squat, but overall a lot more muscle is being worked than isolation exercises.

You also have frequency on your side because the muscles will be worked three times a week rather than just one time a week such as the typical bodybuilder splits.
    ^^this^^

LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by elfin1mf View Post
    I read that I should not work out more than 45 - 60 minutes in a day because my hormone levels drop after 45 - 60 minutes of working out. A full body work- out for me done properly can take anywhere from 2 - 8 hours. When I started out I would only train for 45 minutes a day tops but now I cannot train hardest on a set until I am at least an hour into my routine. The first hour for me is trying very hard to train each muscle in my body to failure, but I cannot actually train them to failure until I have a couple sets in for each muscle group and about 30 minutes of rest after that for each group. Then I can train them to failure at least 2 or 3 times before I can train no more.
    8 hours for a full body routine? How the hell do you manage that?

GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you're a beginner, full-body is IMHO, the best way to get started. Doing a programme like Rippetoe's or Starr's beginners programme shouldn't take more than an hour--ditto for MadCow's version. As long as you do all the major compund moves--benches, squats, rows or chins, presses and such--you will hit all the major and minor muscles that need to be worked.

And, best of all, since you're young, you've got a lot of natural hormones in your body to combat any cortisol that inevitably arises during a workout. So don't worry about it; lift, grow big, and enjoy your training.
    "Don't call me Miss Kitty. Just...don't."--Catnip. Check out the Catnip Trilogy on Amazon.com

"Chivalry isn't dead. It just wears a skirt."--Twisted, the YA gender bender deal of the century!

Check out my links to Mr. Taxi, Star Maps, and other fine YA Action/Romance novels at http://www.amazon.com/J.S.-Frankel/e/B004XUUTB8/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1

rbtrout will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbtrout will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbtrout will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbtrout will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbtrout will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbtrout will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbtrout will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbtrout will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbtrout will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbtrout will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbtrout will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If it takes you an hour to train your hardest on a set, you're doing something wrong. Either taking 10 minutes between sets or doing way too much warm ups. On squats, I warm up depending upon how I feel that day. Some times 3-4 warmups, some times 8 warm ups. Even at 8 warmups, that's still only 15 minutes or so. 3-4 working sets and I'm done squatting in 30 minutes.
    Squat 'til you puke.

47 years old
    325# bench
    665# squat
    700# deadlift

no no..

HAHA no none of you guys understand. First of all I DO attempt to do exercises which train many muscles at once, in fact I stick to those type only. I have many techniques which I do though. Honestly it takes me no longer that 1-5 to do a single exercise to failure. When I am done with that exercise I wait a little bit or sometimes I just move on to the next exercise. Within 30 - 60 minutes I have found my way back to the same exercise I was doing to begin with. I am able to continue on like this for 2 - 8 hours in a day. When I first started I was only able to do this for about 20 - 60 minutes, but I have been doing this for over a year now intensely all the time. When I feel that resistance exercises have become too difficult I switch to something else until I can do more resistance. Do any of you guys ever just grit your fists and pose in different positions and flex all your muscles as hard as you can in one position until you can flex no more? I like this, and have several positions which I like because I get progress from them. Like I said I try to work to failure in about 1 minute but sometimes it takes up to 5 minutes. I like pushups, but not like you guys are thinking. I just get into position and push my arms as hard as I can against the ground and slowly raise myself up, by the time I am up I have worked to failure. So I really do 1 pushup in one position for about 1 minute and then am able to do no more. Then I switch to a different exercise, then I go back down to a different pushup position and maybe rotate my hands while I do it. Another variation is sliding my hands and using the floor as resistance. I get plastic bags so that I dont burn my hands on the carpet from all the pressure. I also put my elbows on the ground and slide them, one - 6 reps to failure of course which in that case is 1-6 slides very slowly until I can slide my elbows no more. If I arch my back it works different muscles in my back. I also like to lay down by a wall and put my hands on the wall as if I am raising the wall above my head, I use my feet to resist against a bed or another wall and also get squats in at the same time this way. This is the best exercise I ever thought of doing it is really much better than using weights or machines. Like I said, with my routine I am able to switch up the exercises I do and sometimes I can go on for 8 hours. I definitely need to rest for a few days after a workout that long though and it is not typical. Some weeks I need to tone it down and can only go like 1- 2 hours a day for a few days a week. Most weeks I can do about 2 - 4 hours each day. I am seeing great results, but still want to hear any suggestions. I am thinking about writing a book about working out without machines because I honestly believe it is better. I use weights for curls, but that is all. other than that I use the wall and the floor and my bed and book case O and bungee cords.

Also, the reason I started resting in between exercises is because I would get a bit of a cardio workout if I didnt

O another type of exercise I like is slowly moving my arms and body around in circles or some sort of pattern while flexing as hard as I can. It is especially good for shoulders.

fasttwitchIIx is on a distinguished road. (+10) fasttwitchIIx is on a distinguished road. (+10) fasttwitchIIx is on a distinguished road. (+10) fasttwitchIIx is on a distinguished road. (+10) fasttwitchIIx is on a distinguished road. (+10) fasttwitchIIx is on a distinguished road. (+10) fasttwitchIIx is on a distinguished road. (+10) fasttwitchIIx is on a distinguished road. (+10) fasttwitchIIx is on a distinguished road. (+10) fasttwitchIIx is on a distinguished road. (+10) fasttwitchIIx is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Go take a look at the HST site, or the HST articles on this website.
    It incorporates a full body workout 3 times a week, each taking no more than an hour or so (takes me like 1.5 hours, but I do more exercises.)

patleb940 will become famous soon enough. (+50) patleb940 will become famous soon enough. (+50) patleb940 will become famous soon enough. (+50) patleb940 will become famous soon enough. (+50) patleb940 will become famous soon enough. (+50) patleb940 will become famous soon enough. (+50) patleb940 will become famous soon enough. (+50) patleb940 will become famous soon enough. (+50) patleb940 will become famous soon enough. (+50) patleb940 will become famous soon enough. (+50) patleb940 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    HAHA no none of you guys understand. First of all I DO attempt to do exercises which train many muscles at once, in fact I stick to those type only. I have many techniques which I do though. Honestly it takes me no longer that 1-5 to do a single exercise to failure. When I am done with that exercise I wait a little bit or sometimes I just move on to the next exercise. Within 30 - 60 minutes I have found my way back to the same exercise I was doing to begin with. I am able to continue on like this for 2 - 8 hours in a day. When I first started I was only able to do this for about 20 - 60 minutes, but I have been doing this for over a year now intensely all the time. When I feel that resistance exercises have become too difficult I switch to something else until I can do more resistance. Do any of you guys ever just grit your fists and pose in different positions and flex all your muscles as hard as you can in one position until you can flex no more? I like this, and have several positions which I like because I get progress from them. Like I said I try to work to failure in about 1 minute but sometimes it takes up to 5 minutes. I like pushups, but not like you guys are thinking. I just get into position and push my arms as hard as I can against the ground and slowly raise myself up, by the time I am up I have worked to failure. So I really do 1 pushup in one position for about 1 minute and then am able to do no more. Then I switch to a different exercise, then I go back down to a different pushup position and maybe rotate my hands while I do it. Another variation is sliding my hands and using the floor as resistance. I get plastic bags so that I dont burn my hands on the carpet from all the pressure. I also put my elbows on the ground and slide them, one - 6 reps to failure of course which in that case is 1-6 slides very slowly until I can slide my elbows no more. If I arch my back it works different muscles in my back. I also like to lay down by a wall and put my hands on the wall as if I am raising the wall above my head, I use my feet to resist against a bed or another wall and also get squats in at the same time this way. This is the best exercise I ever thought of doing it is really much better than using weights or machines. Like I said, with my routine I am able to switch up the exercises I do and sometimes I can go on for 8 hours. I definitely need to rest for a few days after a workout that long though and it is not typical. Some weeks I need to tone it down and can only go like 1- 2 hours a day for a few days a week. Most weeks I can do about 2 - 4 hours each day. I am seeing great results, but still want to hear any suggestions. I am thinking about writing a book about working out without machines because I honestly believe it is better. I use weights for curls, but that is all. other than that I use the wall and the floor and my bed and book case O and bungee cords.
    I...I...I'm totally out of words...
    "Arguing on the internet is like the Special Olympics; even if you win, you're still a retard"

GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'd have to agree with patleb940; "speechless."
    "Don't call me Miss Kitty. Just...don't."--Catnip. Check out the Catnip Trilogy on Amazon.com

"Chivalry isn't dead. It just wears a skirt."--Twisted, the YA gender bender deal of the century!

Check out my links to Mr. Taxi, Star Maps, and other fine YA Action/Romance novels at http://www.amazon.com/J.S.-Frankel/e/B004XUUTB8/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1

rbtrout will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbtrout will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbtrout will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbtrout will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbtrout will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbtrout will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbtrout will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbtrout will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbtrout will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbtrout will become famous soon enough. (+50) rbtrout will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    So basically, you posted something to see how people would respond, just so you could "prove them wrong" with your response. Bodyweight, full body routines aren't the same as weight training. You'll never get really big and really strong by doing that stuff.
    Squat 'til you puke.

47 years old
    325# bench
    665# squat
    700# deadlift

Utah! Get me two! Spartan.Warrior's Avatar
    Spartan.Warrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spartan.Warrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spartan.Warrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spartan.Warrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spartan.Warrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spartan.Warrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spartan.Warrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spartan.Warrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spartan.Warrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spartan.Warrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) Spartan.Warrior is on a distinguished road. (+10)

*backs away slowly*

_Ishy is just really nice. (+1000) _Ishy is just really nice. (+1000) _Ishy is just really nice. (+1000) _Ishy is just really nice. (+1000) _Ishy is just really nice. (+1000) _Ishy is just really nice. (+1000) _Ishy is just really nice. (+1000) _Ishy is just really nice. (+1000) _Ishy is just really nice. (+1000) _Ishy is just really nice. (+1000) _Ishy is just really nice. (+1000)
    I think a two day split, the way Riptoe's 5*3 does it is best. You can't fit Pull ups, Rows, Benching, Deadlifts, Squats and Military Presses all into one workout.

mdorty is just really nice. (+1000) mdorty is just really nice. (+1000) mdorty is just really nice. (+1000) mdorty is just really nice. (+1000) mdorty is just really nice. (+1000) mdorty is just really nice. (+1000) mdorty is just really nice. (+1000) mdorty is just really nice. (+1000) mdorty is just really nice. (+1000) mdorty is just really nice. (+1000) mdorty is just really nice. (+1000)
    W...T...F...?!?

What??

Troll?? I'm so ****ing lost...

startinout12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) startinout12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) startinout12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) startinout12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) startinout12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) startinout12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) startinout12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) startinout12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) startinout12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) startinout12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) startinout12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Spartan.Warrior View Post
    *backs away slowly*
    lol...very hard

I am not trying to prove anyone wrong. I am just out of my head studying for midterms and ****. What I do not understand is how people think that lifting huge weights could be a better workout some of the **** I do. Take for example the exercise I do where I push against the wall with my feet and the opposite wall with my hands, pretty much I can get way more resistance than I could with a bar stacked with weights... I can get infinite resistance. As long as a person pushes as hard as they can with their legs back and arms (and shoulders) they will just keep adding more resistance as they get stronger. There is absolutely no way you can gain more muscle pushing a bar into the air. Alot of it is definately in the mind. People rely on the weights and equipment but they have to see deep down that much of their routine could be done as good or better without the bells and whistles with a little creativity and mucho elbow grease.

BTW I am obviously new to the forums and the lingo you guys use so please be patient. What is hst, hst site?

I gained about 30 pounds of muscle in the past 4 months doing my routine. Pretty much benches, squats, rows, chins, presses are all covered to the max with my routine. I think since I feel like my weight is starting to plateau though, and I feel taxed all the time, I might start to break up the exercises by doing half of them one day and then the other half a 2 or three days later.

startinout12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) startinout12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) startinout12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) startinout12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) startinout12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) startinout12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) startinout12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) startinout12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) startinout12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) startinout12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) startinout12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I am not trying to prove anyone wrong. I am just out of my head studying for midterms and ****. What I do not understand is how people think that lifting huge weights could be a better workout some of the **** I do. Take for example the exercise I do where I push against the wall with my feet and the opposite wall with my hands, pretty much I can get way more resistance than I could with a bar stacked with weights... I can get infinite resistance. As long as a person pushes as hard as they can with their legs back and arms (and shoulders) they will just keep adding more resistance as they get stronger. There is absolutely no way you can gain more muscle pushing a bar into the air. Alot of it is definately in the mind. People rely on the weights and equipment but they have to see deep down that much of their routine could be done as good or better without the bells and whistles with a little creativity and mucho elbow grease.
    lol again. Infinite resistance what r u superman. How can u push so hard that it is more effective that a 600 lb deadlift lol ur funny. U must b a god hmm maybe u should post some pics of u.

Handsupfoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Handsupfoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Handsupfoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Handsupfoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Handsupfoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Handsupfoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Handsupfoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Handsupfoo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by startinout12 View Post
    lol again. Infinite resistance whatr u superman. How can u push so hard that it is more effective that a 600 lb deadlift lol ur funny. U must b a god hmm maybe u should post some pics of u.
    Hey, Be nice to him. At least he posts using proper words.

bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bango skank is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    heroine and ******* ftw!
    There is no greater natural advantage in life than to have an enemy overestimate your faults, unless it is to have a friend underestimate your virtues.
    -Don Vito Corleone

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166936131

Darkmind is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darkmind is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darkmind is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darkmind is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darkmind is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darkmind is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darkmind is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darkmind is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darkmind is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darkmind is on a distinguished road. (+10) Darkmind is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by bango skank View Post
    heroine and ******* ftw!
    ROFL!!!

I read two sentences and backed off..... jesus man. You do way too much, with all that time writing such a long winded post you could've just took in some of the knowledge and do it. Instead of working out 2-8 hours a day... *cringes and goes into an overtraining, starvation catabolic state just thinking about it* you could just do a very simple routine such as Rippetoe's Starting Strength or Bill Starr's 5x5, and get even BETTER results.
    Screw my logs, I won't post one up until I know I'll be back in the game for sure!

LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    This post illustrates why people use isotonics as opposed to isometrics (you're doing nothing new). If you could apply "infinite resistance", then you would have done so and it would not take more time to do your work out. You've already reached the limits of this kind of training and the only thing you can do to increase the stimulus is to do more and more of it.

Originally Posted by Handsupfoo View Post
    Hey, Be nice to him. At least he posts using proper words.
    i came here because i was gunna try to give my advice until i read how crazy this guy was and i did not come to give and english lesson ok. im here to discuss weights not grammar

SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm done replying after this one, but you do not have to push the muscle to failure every time at all. Especially the type of failure I think you're talking about.

Secondly, when you push against a wall, there is no movement. If there is no movement, how is there going to be any significant muscle damage? Without muscle damage, how is hypertrophy going to occur?

Training 2-8 hours a day is ridiculous for a non-professional/olympic athlete. In the case of these athletes, they still are not strength training for that full time at all.

The best I can offer is take a look at some other proven workout programs. You will quickly find there are very few similarities between yours and theirs.

Good luck.