avpt12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) avpt12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) avpt12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) avpt12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) avpt12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) avpt12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) avpt12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) avpt12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) avpt12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

is it ok to train with sore muscles?

my front delts are still slightly sore from my chest workout 4 days ago
    and i have been putting off my shoulder workout for a few days for this reason
    is it ok to go ahead with my shoulder workout today despite the light soreness or should i wait?

mdorty is just really nice. (+1000) mdorty is just really nice. (+1000) mdorty is just really nice. (+1000) mdorty is just really nice. (+1000) mdorty is just really nice. (+1000) mdorty is just really nice. (+1000) mdorty is just really nice. (+1000) mdorty is just really nice. (+1000) mdorty is just really nice. (+1000) mdorty is just really nice. (+1000) mdorty is just really nice. (+1000)
    If its just light soreness, I would say go for it. I find working out a muscle that is sore (as long as I've had at least two or three days of rest) actually helps with the soreness.
    Last edited by mdorty; 12-10-2008 at 05:48 PM.

Epilerik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epilerik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epilerik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epilerik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epilerik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epilerik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epilerik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epilerik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epilerik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epilerik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Epilerik is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yes, otherwise some of these programs people use would never work (like fullbody programs with squats mondays-wednesdays-fridays)

I'm doing that now actually, and after the first day, I was so sore. Didn't think I could do that again

But then I forced myself on Wednesday, and after a few warm up sets, I wasn't so sore. Then I was surprised when my routine was done, and I was actually less sore to begin with
    -Voted Gary Johnson in 2012 and Doing it Again 2016-

-Philadelphia Eagles fan-

-52 Books a Year Crew-

-Team Mystic-

limestix has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) limestix has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) limestix has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Yep yep, go for it.
    Also, if you want a muscle to reduce soreness quickly, get more blood flowing to the muscle by working it out lightly the next day or two.

mdorty is just really nice. (+1000) mdorty is just really nice. (+1000) mdorty is just really nice. (+1000) mdorty is just really nice. (+1000) mdorty is just really nice. (+1000) mdorty is just really nice. (+1000) mdorty is just really nice. (+1000) mdorty is just really nice. (+1000) mdorty is just really nice. (+1000) mdorty is just really nice. (+1000) mdorty is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Epilerik View Post
    Yes, otherwise some of these programs people use would never work (like fullbody programs with squats mondays-wednesdays-fridays)

I'm doing that now actually, and after the first day, I was so sore. Didn't think I could do that again

But then I forced myself on Wednesday, and after a few warm up sets, I wasn't so sore. Then I was surprised when my routine was done, and I was actually less sore to begin with
    Originally Posted by limestix View Post
    Yep yep, go for it.
    Also, if you want a muscle to reduce soreness quickly, get more blood flowing to the muscle by working it out lightly the next day or two.
    Exactly. The more bloodflow to the sore muscle, the faster the recovery. Of course you don't want to overtrain, but if you've had at least two days to rest that muscle, you should be fine.