Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Hugh is just really nice. (+1000) Hugh is just really nice. (+1000) Hugh is just really nice. (+1000) Hugh is just really nice. (+1000) Hugh is just really nice. (+1000) Hugh is just really nice. (+1000) Hugh is just really nice. (+1000) Hugh is just really nice. (+1000) Hugh is just really nice. (+1000) Hugh is just really nice. (+1000) Hugh is just really nice. (+1000)

Funniest thing you've ever "seen" in a gym

Not like those what you've heard people say threads but what you've seen. I've got two. One time me and this kid we didn't know each other and we were in the gym. Then this third kid, he must've been in junior high. He steps up to the smith machine and decides to do bench press. Me and the other kid are just looking at each other. The kid puts light weight on, and starts to do the bench press. Somewhere in the middle of his set, he removes one hand from the nech press to scratch his ear and his nose, then puts it back and finishes the set. I guess you had to be there, but me and the other kid broke out in laughter, it was hilarious.

My second story takes place with some kid and his training buddy. The kid gets on the decline and starts doing flyes with two dumbells. He does them in such a way that they don't work, bad form, and he doesn't feel it. He does like 20 reps, decides he isn't tired enough, and tells his training buddy to get him heavier weights while he is doing this set, and quickly drops the weights picks up the heavier ones and keeps going... He does this one more time, up to this point hes up to like god knows how many reps and about the second rep of the 3rd heavier weight he injures himself, drops the weight and gives out a yelp. I felt bad for him but i was laughing my ass off at the same time... Ok time for your stories... One of the funniest though that i've seen on tv is the weightroom gig in jackass with the old man lifting the barbell... for those who know what i am talking about =), ok post your stories here!
    I hate Quitters

Jouko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Cant really remember the gym thing but one on tv springs to mind... from the commonwealth games(you brits might remember this!) a guy was in th olympic lifting, he attempted the weight and couldnt do, he literally got buried! two spotters had to get the weight off him! then.... he decided......... to go heavier, the same happened again! got buried again.... two spotters again....! i think one of the times the weight was near his neck. it was on all that week(only last summer) as all the ''funny things'' of the week! on all different programmes....any1 remember this?

Gr8Ape is just really nice. (+1000) Gr8Ape is just really nice. (+1000) Gr8Ape is just really nice. (+1000) Gr8Ape is just really nice. (+1000) Gr8Ape is just really nice. (+1000) Gr8Ape is just really nice. (+1000) Gr8Ape is just really nice. (+1000) Gr8Ape is just really nice. (+1000) Gr8Ape is just really nice. (+1000) Gr8Ape is just really nice. (+1000) Gr8Ape is just really nice. (+1000)
    Uh i dont have a funny story, but theres some people i just dont get.........

Theres this man at the gym that does EVERYThing wrong. Yup, you got me everything. Ranging from lat pulldowns to BBell curls to tricep downpress, its ALL WRONG. He uses momentum like a 13 yr showof who doesnt know how to lift weights. I find it funny, and my mom thinks too.

Then theres the school gym, where i am the strongest except for one guy that comes occasionnaly and has perfect form in every movement. Anyways, Once theres this guy that was traning (like 16yr-17) and sees me doing lots and lots of Dbell curls. At one point he tells me that if you do more than 3 sets per bodypart, your hurting yourself. Because i know how angry you feel when someone totally rejects information you give him, i just said:

"O"

But i almost felt like cracking up, then when the guy was somewhere else i told the people i train with that this was total bs
    ~460/~320/510 pr's

fun pr's
    deadlift 340 x 15
    squats 245 x 45

6' ~220

Hugh is just really nice. (+1000) Hugh is just really nice. (+1000) Hugh is just really nice. (+1000) Hugh is just really nice. (+1000) Hugh is just really nice. (+1000) Hugh is just really nice. (+1000) Hugh is just really nice. (+1000) Hugh is just really nice. (+1000) Hugh is just really nice. (+1000) Hugh is just really nice. (+1000) Hugh is just really nice. (+1000)
    At my old gym, there was this one guy who did everything wrong too. He carried a rug in his pants so that he could kneel down on it, he looked like a total goofball. He would do his own exercises, like take the heaviest weights with barbell, put them up, and jerk them forward an inch, and let them come back. It was the goofiest thing i had ever seen. He would kneel with the EZ bar and jerk it towards him, and you had to see the look on this guys face when he wasn't looking, he thought everyone was impressed with him for his heavy weights, he had an entire assortment of goofy ass exercises. Finally one of my friends is like "What the hell are you doing?" and the guy responds, "I'm not into the whole science of lifting thing", i almost **** my pants
    I hate Quitters

Agile, Mobile and Hostile MYNAMEIZGREG's Avatar
    MYNAMEIZGREG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MYNAMEIZGREG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MYNAMEIZGREG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MYNAMEIZGREG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MYNAMEIZGREG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MYNAMEIZGREG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MYNAMEIZGREG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MYNAMEIZGREG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MYNAMEIZGREG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MYNAMEIZGREG is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MYNAMEIZGREG is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I have a couple...

I was at the YMCA (where I lift) at about 8:30 PM one night, and these two guys walked in. Of course, they were typical *******s. Skinny little bitches, hats on and angled to the right, chewing gum like cows, bouncing up and down as they walked, and they both did the head nod as said "Sup" to this guy. At that sight alone I almost pissed myself. But then, they started doing DB Bench. I really didn't pay attention to the weight they were using, but I noticed one guy did one set, the other guy did two sets, and then they left, never to return again. Ever.

Another time I was spotting this guy on bench and I asked him if he needed a lift, he said no. Then he proceeded to grunt really loud, and to make an attempt to lift the weight up. He couldn't. Figuring he just had bad positioning, I helped him get the weight up, and started performing BB Curls...err, I mean, he started doing reps. Actually, no, I pretty much was doing BB Curls, because there was no chance in hell he was getting a single rep with that physique.
    Making it my job to educate the younguns...
    --------------------------
    You didn't come here to make the choice. You've already made it. You're here to try to understand why you made it.

Sangster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Sangster has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    There is a guy in my gym who does everything wrong too. He manages to do machine bench wrong. His curls are like squats.

Jouko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

And theres the ''stripey'' trouser ''look everyone im a big bad bodybuilder brigade'' who walk like they've been ar### up the rear- these guys are annoying as hell and give the sport a bad name!

StonedMofo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Old guys with Mullets running on treadmills always make me laugh. Also thoese pinner kids that wear beaters and try to lift way heavier then they can lift and they have the worst form possible
    #16 in your Program #1 in your heart

MCTaylor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    theres this jackass that goes to the gym that i go to. hes really scrony and has absolutly no idea what he is doing. one day he was showing some younger kids how to do curls with the EZ bar. ive never heard such bad advice in my life. he told them to bend there legs and spring up to get some momentum and to use their backs while doing the curl. he almost hits himself in the teeth every rep. when i saw him tryin to teach the other kids i nearly died laughing.

paperplate38 will become famous soon enough. (+50) paperplate38 will become famous soon enough. (+50) paperplate38 will become famous soon enough. (+50) paperplate38 will become famous soon enough. (+50) paperplate38 will become famous soon enough. (+50) paperplate38 will become famous soon enough. (+50) paperplate38 will become famous soon enough. (+50) paperplate38 will become famous soon enough. (+50) paperplate38 will become famous soon enough. (+50) paperplate38 will become famous soon enough. (+50) paperplate38 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

i hate

i hate the guy who swears he can do more than you but wont attempt it even when theres a bench right in front of him

One guy put on some weight on the bench press, it wasn't much and he was really skinny so I got onto my next set and didn't pay much attention. Then i got done with my set and noticed this guy was stuck under the barbell and his weights unable to get it out. I ran over to help him right away but it was still kinda funny and i felt kinda bad and told him that if he ever needs a spot to just ask me, wow that must have been embarassing

There also used to be this guy who wore short shorts and did all leg machines and never upper body, and he had no hair on his legs maybe he shaved them I don't know. My friend and me were talking, and he says " You know everyone likes different things. I like biceps, you like triceps, this *** likes short shorts etcetera etcetera" The guy heard cuz my friend was really loud and just walked out. It was friggn hilarious, yes i know, were immature, but im still anice guy in the weight room so bite me.
    I hate Quitters

S.A.bulldog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    A guy was on machine, i think it may have been like a squat machine for something, but anyway he was doing his set he completed one rep and kind of held it there for a little bit catching his breath and jsut before he was about to go down to another rep a kid walks by and takes 25lbs off the machine...hahaha

me and my lifting partner laughed sooo hard I almost yet myself, the guy on the machine almost threw this kid though the wall
    "Pain is the difference between what is, and what you want it to be."

omg that is funny. was it on the smith?
    I hate Quitters

S.A.bulldog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    no not the smith, but on this squat machine we have @ my gym, I'm not sure what it is called....but it was funny as hell
    "Pain is the difference between what is, and what you want it to be."

Dkaz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Firstly, Great thread Hugh, some good laughs here!

OK. This happened the very first time i ever had been to a gym, although i had done some work at home for about a month before joining, so i had a fair idea.

Any how as part of the deal with joining the Gym, you got a free 1 hour personall training session to help work out a program. So we went over to the 45 degree leg press, and started adding some weight. I had always had genetically large legs my whole life, i played a lot of sport from quite a young age, even though i was quite overweight. So the p/Trainer starts adding more weight because i was finding it too easy. (not bragging here, but we undershot the weight right from the beginning to start with)

Anyhow the p/trainer got called away so i had to get some more weight, and over where the weight was on the racks there was a guy standing checking himself out in the mirror, i had to sought of brush past him to get to the weight cause he was standing right in the way. As i brushed past him he said, looking at his flexed Bis, "you ladies worked quite hard today didn't... Mmmm Yes you did" Then he defied all of my belief this guy could have any more dignity and he kissed his right bi. He didn't really notice me until i stood there with a face of shock, and he picked up his mobile and started talking in it as if he was talking to his wife, not his biceps.

I could not believe this. Needless to say i nearly chocked on my next lift on the bench press trying not to burst out in laughter everytime i thought of it!....
    Cheers, From Syd

Man I used to have some great laughs in my gym. I used to work out with this bud of mine, who is in college now. Anyway we worked out a plan, we would do our real workouts at a different gym, like ballys or something, then go to the community center and workout with our "fake workout". Our fake workout would be really gay exercises like bending over and breathing really hard with like a 5 pound weight and say stuff like hold it hold it you gota hold the breath for 4 seconds! And eventually people would start wondering what the hell we were doing and wondering how we were getting so big doing what we were doing (even though we were really doing our workout elsewhere) and the goal was to get other people doing the same thing (I know its cruel) and then when the trainers came back and saw everyone in the gym doing this **** they would be like what the hell happened here. Anyways we never did it, but we had some good friggn laughs talking about it
    I hate Quitters

weyoun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Dkaz
    Firstly, Great thread Hugh, some good laughs here!

OK. This happened the very first time i ever had been to a gym, although i had done some work at home for about a month before joining, so i had a fair idea.

Any how as part of the deal with joining the Gym, you got a free 1 hour personall training session to help work out a program. So we went over to the 45 degree leg press, and started adding some weight. I had always had genetically large legs my whole life, i played a lot of sport from quite a young age, even though i was quite overweight. So the p/Trainer starts adding more weight because i was finding it too easy. (not bragging here, but we undershot the weight right from the beginning to start with)

Anyhow the p/trainer got called away so i had to get some more weight, and over where the weight was on the racks there was a guy standing checking himself out in the mirror, i had to sought of brush past him to get to the weight cause he was standing right in the way. As i brushed past him he said, looking at his flexed Bis, "you ladies worked quite hard today didn't... Mmmm Yes you did" Then he defied all of my belief this guy could have any more dignity and he kissed his right bi. He didn't really notice me until i stood there with a face of shock, and he picked up his mobile and started talking in it as if he was talking to his wife, not his biceps.

I could not believe this. Needless to say i nearly chocked on my next lift on the bench press trying not to burst out in laughter everytime i thought of it!....

HAHHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH ROFL ROFL!!

weyoun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally posted by Hugh
    Man I used to have some great laughs in my gym. I used to work out with this bud of mine, who is in college now. Anyway we worked out a plan, we would do our real workouts at a different gym, like ballys or something, then go to the community center and workout with our "fake workout". Our fake workout would be really gay exercises like bending over and breathing really hard with like a 5 pound weight and say stuff like hold it hold it you gota hold the breath for 4 seconds! And eventually people would start wondering what the hell we were doing and wondering how we were getting so big doing what we were doing (even though we were really doing our workout elsewhere) and the goal was to get other people doing the same thing (I know its cruel) and then when the trainers came back and saw everyone in the gym doing this **** they would be like what the hell happened here. Anyways we never did it, but we had some good friggn laughs talking about it
    good one too

shwaym has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shwaym has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shwaym has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shwaym has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shwaym has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shwaym has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shwaym has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shwaym has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shwaym has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shwaym has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shwaym has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    thats hilarious!!

ive got some: this really thin 11yr old comes in w/ his mom, he kinda meanders around the machines for a bit then goes to the freeweight flat bench...stares at it a sec...then tries a few reps...the bar shakes & wobbles the whole time w/o weight...he gets up & acts like he did something amazing..on his second "set" his mom comes over & tells him its time to leave & that hes not strong enough to be doing this...he makes this face & says "im not weak!!i can lift the bar, MOOOM!!"

this middle age guy comes in sometimes: he wears running shorts over sweatpants (wtf?) he did some standing behind-the neck w/ just bar 2 day & is such a drama queen with every rep...then after every set he walks around & makes farting noises w/ his mouth to himself for no reason...then he stands right in front of the DB rack, which has a mirror behind it, & starts bobbing up & down in a fighting stance while punching the air as if shadowboxing, looking at his feet. i just reach in front of his 'punches' to get new weights. he does this for 20min straight..blows another rasberry & leaves.
    i woul dask him why he does it in the most inconveintient place but im scared hell make a fart noise at me
    "Not only do flexible hip flexors help you get "deep in the hole" while squatting, the same holds true for really good sex!" - Joe DeFranco
    "But don´t focuse on the weight too much. It´s only a number..." -Boris Kleine
    "I like the mass monsters myself if I wanted to see pussies I'd watch survivor". - InTheShadows
    hypertrophy-specific.com
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=272067

Rydain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This guy walked over to the dumbbell rack, picked up a fairly heavy set of dumbbells, stood in place, and proceeded to perform an exercise that I'll call the Chicken Wing Swing. Imagine a cross between a reverse curl and a half-assed lateral raise, with tons of swinging momentum to get things going. After doing a few of those, he went and got a heavier set of dumbbells and repeated the exercise. I was in the middle of a set of shoulder presses at the time, and I almost hosed my set trying so hard not to laugh.

These are great guys, come on i know everyone thats been working out has a few stories, you have to or else u cant call urself a bodybuilder =) lets hear em!
    I hate Quitters

Liquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liquid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Liquid is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    well, many of those stories youre talking about... i was prolly the guy doing the st00pid thing in the story

loverman will become famous soon enough. (+50) loverman will become famous soon enough. (+50) loverman will become famous soon enough. (+50) loverman will become famous soon enough. (+50) loverman will become famous soon enough. (+50) loverman will become famous soon enough. (+50) loverman will become famous soon enough. (+50) loverman will become famous soon enough. (+50) loverman will become famous soon enough. (+50) loverman will become famous soon enough. (+50) loverman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    liquid your not alone.. one day me and my friend goto the gym and we were benching we saw this hot girl who was filming some kind of tv show in the gym with a camera guy well it was a fairly embarassing thing. i load up the bar and forget to put the clips on and i tell my friend to spot me cause i assumed he knew how to spot since he's been lifting at the school gym for over a year. i tell him to place the bar back up cause i was struggling after doing some reps well my friend stupid as he is spots me with one hand and pulls the bar up with one hand on one side of the bar resulting in an imbalance and me tilting the bar and having the plates just fly off! haha this is funny but it was so embarassing when the hot girl looked over. moral of the story; DONT TRUST YOUR FRIENDS unless you know they lift seriously!!!
    Last edited by loverman; 03-30-2003 at 07:18 PM.

Metzzen1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    there is a guy that goes to my gym, and i think he might be a bum with a gym membership. i see him there everyday, wearing the same jeans, and jean jacket. he goes in there sits on a machine and gets it set to do his reps, then he covers his face with a towel and the whole time he is doing his reps he SCREAMS at the top of his lungs "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" then after 8 or so he stops, and acts like nothing happened even tho the whole gym is staring at him.

MetaforeX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MetaforeX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MetaforeX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MetaforeX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MetaforeX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MetaforeX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MetaforeX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MetaforeX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MetaforeX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MetaforeX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MetaforeX is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Well, there's this one bloke I nicknamed the Leprechaun on account of him being about 5'2 and he always wears bright green. He has a beer belly but all he does is crunches. At the end of every rep he lets out a sound that is just like a little 10 pound dog barking.
    There's this jackass that we used to take along to work out with us. Well, pretty soon he started thinking he was pretty big and was telling people how he could outlift both myself and my partner. We had people coming up to us in school saying, "wow you really work out with him? I hear he is 6'3 225 pounds now". When in reality he is like 6'0 175. This kid did so many goofy things I don't know where to begin. He broke his toe when he dropped a 45 pound weight on it. He strained his neck when 5 pound weights on the side of the incline were too much. After working out he would take off his shirt and flex in the locker room. Well one day two huge guys walked up on him and he started sprinting to save himself the embarrassment. I could go on all day about him..lol.

mickeys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mickeys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mickeys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mickeys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mickeys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mickeys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mickeys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mickeys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mickeys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mickeys is a jewel in the rough. (+500) mickeys is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    a fight over a tread mill.. almost turned into a fist fight.. they were pushing each other and ****. the cops came and broke it up.
    18 yrs old
    6'2" about 190lbs
    max bench press: 295lbs
    bf: maybe around 12-13%

bulking up to 205lbs, then cutting for summer

MetaforeX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MetaforeX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MetaforeX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MetaforeX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MetaforeX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MetaforeX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MetaforeX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MetaforeX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MetaforeX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MetaforeX is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MetaforeX is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Oh..probably the funniest one though was when this old guy that's completely out of shape does every exercise wrong. Well a personal trainer that I'm friends with keeps trying to help him out. So he approaches the guy by asking him, "So how long have you been working out?" And the guy responds, "Professionally only twenty years." I nearly died when I heard this, because I looked better then he did when I was 10.

nogenius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nogenius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nogenius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nogenius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nogenius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nogenius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nogenius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nogenius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nogenius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nogenius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nogenius has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    A guy shouting while he was doing 50 lb. squats on the Smith.
    My take on working out: http://www.lifeofastudent.com

M.Doyle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) M.Doyle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) M.Doyle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) M.Doyle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) M.Doyle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) M.Doyle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) M.Doyle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) M.Doyle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) M.Doyle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) M.Doyle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) M.Doyle is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Haha, very funny stuff. Here's a hilarious story a friend told me.

There's this girl who is kinda butch, but not strong by any means, she doesn't acknowledge anyones prescene and just does her thing, even though her 'thing' is the stupid excuse for a workout.

So one day my buddy saw her loading plates on the Leg Press....guess how many? 9 on each side!!! After about 5 minutes to put 810lbs of weight on, she gets ready...

She managed to move the weight about 1.5 inches, and does this for two reps.

Then she finishes.

p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000) p0w3rlift3r is just really nice. (+1000)
    fitness palace around here that has an escilater to get in....thats just funny ****
    I've seen a 15 year old deadlift 440 lbs. first time ever touching a weight
    I've witnessed a begginer increase there total 350 lbs. the first month
    I myself can show you men bench pressing 821 lbs. men deadlifting nearly 940 lbs. men squatting 1104 lbs.
    Powerlifting the sport of imposibility to Bodybuilders everywhere

Whats my post workout drink? half a bottle of Jack Daniels No. 7 sounds about right