IronManMMA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronManMMA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronManMMA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronManMMA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronManMMA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronManMMA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronManMMA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronManMMA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronManMMA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronManMMA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IronManMMA is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

How much muscle can you gain.

In 1 year how much lean muscle can you get if you've only been training for about 5 months? I've seen on other sites that you can gain like 30-40 lbs of muscles in a year, and people on these forums say that would take like 2 years for 30-40 pounds. So my question is honestly, how much lean muscle will someone gain in a year?

Prepare Perform Prevail SuicideGripMe's Avatar
    SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Depends on a lot of factors, mostly the individual. Diet, intensity, rest, training level/experience, stress, steroids, blah blah. You get the idea.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180003183&p=1635918623#post1635918623
    New Shanghai Log!

"225, 315, 405 whatever. Yeah these benchmark digits come to mean a lot to us, the few warriors in this arena. They are, however, just numbers. I'm guilty of that sh*t too, waiting for somebody to powder my nuts cuz I did 20 reps of whatever the **** on the bench. Big f*king deal. It is all relative." G Diesel

purepower405 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just do the best you can!

Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jippo has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    As far as i'm aware the absolute maximum amount of LEAN muscle tissue that can be built considering all factors are in perfect balance and amounts is .5lbs per week or 2lbs per month which would equate to around 20-25lbs per year, now of course it is hard to measure this as there are alot of things to take into consideration as to how much weight you're gaining, but try a slight caloric excess, around 200-300 calories and judge your results in the mirror, if you're gaining too much fat cut back 100 calories or so til you're certain most of your weight is lean.

I've never understood the idea behind eating 500 calories over maintenance to gain a pound a week, it's true there it requires 3500 calories to create one pound of fat so i don't understand why you would want to bulk up gaining the same ratio of fat as muscle?

Stay at a lean bf% i.e. around 10 and slow bulk, it's alot easier to mark progress this way, plus you don't have to go through 'phases'.