Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    NorthernBBer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NorthernBBer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NorthernBBer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NorthernBBer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NorthernBBer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NorthernBBer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NorthernBBer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NorthernBBer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NorthernBBer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NorthernBBer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NorthernBBer has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Just learned that BJJ is not very effective is many street situations

Last night a fight broke out at a party i was at. I notice my freind who wasnt even involved in the original fight getting stomped by about 6 guys. I run over and start shoving and throwing people to get my freind out of there. I get grabbed from behind, i turn my head to the left and all i see is a glass bottle being swung at my face. Shatters over my head and i spend the night getting stitches in the hospital. There was no way i could utilize my bjj in that "fight" and the reality is the majority of fights arent 1 on 1 fair fights. Bottles, weapons, sucker punches, and freinds are usually involved.

XxmartinixX will become famous soon enough. (+50) XxmartinixX will become famous soon enough. (+50) XxmartinixX will become famous soon enough. (+50) XxmartinixX will become famous soon enough. (+50) XxmartinixX will become famous soon enough. (+50) XxmartinixX will become famous soon enough. (+50) XxmartinixX will become famous soon enough. (+50) XxmartinixX will become famous soon enough. (+50) XxmartinixX will become famous soon enough. (+50) XxmartinixX will become famous soon enough. (+50) XxmartinixX will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yes thats true.
    Street fights are usually about who's got more people on their side...
    And if it is 1v1s you need something like thai boxing, submission wont be much good cos they wont tap, unless you can get a good guillotine or something and they pass out

LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000) LatsMakeTheMan is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Well in a situation like that, I don't see how any MA would have helped.
    In 1945, Adolf Hilter died and went to Hell. Satan asked, "why are you in Hell?" He replied, "I am responsible for the massacre of millions" Satan said, "well done, sit to the right of my throne." In 1953, Joseph Stalin died and went to Hell. Satan asked, "why are you in Hell?" He replied "I killed millions to stay in power" Satan said "good, sit to my left" 2010, Ronnie James Dio died and went to Hell, Satan asked, "why are you in Hell?" Dio replied, "Bitch, get the fuk off my throne!"

iedereen wil een stukje eatsleephate's Avatar
    eatsleephate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eatsleephate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eatsleephate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eatsleephate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eatsleephate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eatsleephate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eatsleephate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eatsleephate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eatsleephate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eatsleephate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eatsleephate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by XxmartinixX View Post
    Yes thats true.
    And if it is 1v1s you need something like thai boxing, submission wont be much good cos they wont tap, unless you can get a good guillotine or something and they pass out
    I bet you after your shoulder dislocates, you won't want to keep fighting.

But, OP is restating the obvious. And yet? No one cares.
    MMMC

"If you think, you're late. If you're late, you muscle. If you muscle, you get tired. If you're tired, you die." Saulo Ribeiro

I throw spinning sh*t HardGainer82's Avatar
    HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It's almost as though this has been discussed before...

BJJ is good for SELF DEFENSE, not for blindly diving into a crowd of six people with weapons and trying to get something done. I don't think Muay Thai would have done any better for you; this is the real world, not Ong Bak.
    "The sun is always gonna rise, and always gonna set and I'll just keep on punching because everyday is gonna bring something different and I just want to be ready for it."
    - Jens Pulver

If you refer to a fighter who you've never met in real life as "my boy" as though their performance somehow reflects well on you for simply being a fan, you're a lame ass.

NorthernBBer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NorthernBBer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NorthernBBer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NorthernBBer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NorthernBBer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NorthernBBer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NorthernBBer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NorthernBBer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NorthernBBer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NorthernBBer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NorthernBBer has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by LatsMakeTheMan View Post
    Well in a situation like that, I don't see how any MA would have helped.
    yeah i wasnt trying to single out bjj, i just used it as an example because i train bjj.

Romez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Romez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Romez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Romez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Romez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Romez has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yes thats true.
    yes because some people will continue to fight after having there bones broken.

King Baer is a name known to all. (+5000) King Baer is a name known to all. (+5000) King Baer is a name known to all. (+5000) King Baer is a name known to all. (+5000) King Baer is a name known to all. (+5000) King Baer is a name known to all. (+5000) King Baer is a name known to all. (+5000) King Baer is a name known to all. (+5000) King Baer is a name known to all. (+5000) King Baer is a name known to all. (+5000) King Baer is a name known to all. (+5000)
    This argument has been done to death.

Here's a music video of girls making out. Takes awhile for the action to start kicking in so be patient:

im not trying to make an argument, i was simply sharing how my exprience last night reinforced the argument that has already been made

Registered User Big Arm Big Pay's Avatar
    Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by HardGainer82 View Post
    It's almost as though this has been discussed before...

BJJ is good for SELF DEFENSE, not for blindly diving into a crowd of six people with weapons and trying to get something done. I don't think Muay Thai would have done any better for you; this is the real world, not Ong Bak.
    BJJ is not good for self defense at all, sorry bro theres no rules in a street fight so if you arm bar'd someone you would get your balls ripped off....
    Workout log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=454246811#post454246811

"Dude...there are ALWAYS ninjas. You just can't see them." - HardGainer82, Clark Kent, WishmasterATM, BPP, poopoo333, JOSEF RAKICH

Watch the triangle brah JAGERBOY's Avatar
    JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Holy **** almost this entire thread is fail other than 3 posts.

Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big Arm Big Pay is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by JAGERBOY View Post
    Holy **** almost this entire thread is fail.
    Where does it succeed?
    Workout log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=454246811#post454246811

"Dude...there are ALWAYS ninjas. You just can't see them." - HardGainer82, Clark Kent, WishmasterATM, BPP, poopoo333, JOSEF RAKICH

JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Big Arm Big Pay View Post
    Where does it succeed?
    Posts 4,5, 7, everything else is complete fail.

WishmasterATM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WishmasterATM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WishmasterATM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WishmasterATM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WishmasterATM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WishmasterATM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WishmasterATM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WishmasterATM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WishmasterATM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WishmasterATM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WishmasterATM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Holy **** almost this entire thread is fail other than 3 posts.
    I saw the title, Saw that the OP doesn't completely "like" BJJ
    knew I'd see you post in here...
    " I love it when women go to school . It's like seeing a monkey on roller skates --- it means nothing to them, but its so adorable for us "

- Admiral General Aladeen

Originally Posted by WishmasterATM View Post
    I saw the title, Saw that the OP doesn't completely "like" BJJ
    knew I'd see you post in here...
    Funny you should say that because last night a fight broke out at a party i was at. I notice my freind who wasnt even involved in the original fight getting stomped by about 6 guys. I run over and start shoving and throwing people to get my freind out of there. I get grabbed from behind, i turn my head to the left and all i see is a glass bottle being swung at my face. Shatters over my head and i spend the night getting stitches in the hospital. There was no way i could utilize my bjj in that "fight" and the reality is the majority of fights arent 1 on 1 fair fights. Bottles, weapons, sucker punches, and freinds are usually involved.

WishmasterATM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WishmasterATM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WishmasterATM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WishmasterATM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WishmasterATM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WishmasterATM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WishmasterATM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WishmasterATM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WishmasterATM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WishmasterATM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WishmasterATM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Funny you should say that because last night a fight broke out at a party i was at. I notice my freind who wasnt even involved in the original fight getting stomped by about 6 guys. I run over and start shoving and throwing people to get my freind out of there. I get grabbed from behind, i turn my head to the left and all i see is a glass bottle being swung at my face. Shatters over my head and i spend the night getting stitches in the hospital. There was no way i could utilize my bjj in that "fight" and the reality is the majority of fights arent 1 on 1 fair fights. Bottles, weapons, sucker punches, and freinds are usually involved.
    IDK if you are joking or not..
    I hope your ok from that incident...
    but your right , street fight has no rules...
    " I love it when women go to school . It's like seeing a monkey on roller skates --- it means nothing to them, but its so adorable for us "

- Admiral General Aladeen

iedereen wil een stukje eatsleephate's Avatar
    eatsleephate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eatsleephate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eatsleephate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eatsleephate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eatsleephate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eatsleephate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eatsleephate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eatsleephate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eatsleephate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eatsleephate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eatsleephate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    We must be in the Matrix because last night a fight broke out at a party i was at. I notice my freind who wasnt even involved in the original fight getting stomped by about 6 guys. I run over and start shoving and throwing people to get my freind out of there. I get grabbed from behind, i turn my head to the left and all i see is a glass bottle being swung at my face. Shatters over my head and i spend the night getting stitches in the hospital. There was no way i could utilize my bjj in that "fight" and the reality is the majority of fights arent 1 on 1 fair fights. Bottles, weapons, sucker punches, and freinds are usually involved.
    MMMC

"If you think, you're late. If you're late, you muscle. If you muscle, you get tired. If you're tired, you die." Saulo Ribeiro

ajzoot is just really nice. (+1000) ajzoot is just really nice. (+1000) ajzoot is just really nice. (+1000) ajzoot is just really nice. (+1000) ajzoot is just really nice. (+1000) ajzoot is just really nice. (+1000) ajzoot is just really nice. (+1000) ajzoot is just really nice. (+1000) ajzoot is just really nice. (+1000) ajzoot is just really nice. (+1000) ajzoot is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yeah it's totally stupid, imagine watching someone use an armbar in a real fight, there's no way the guy would ever tap out on hte streets, it's just a totally useless position to be in, I mean you'd get your balls ripped off....
    Aussies Pwn All Crew � Oz Enhanced • *ShaGGs* • Fiky • Wylde • Pro Lee Priest • Nesa • TheDeepBlue • mikeccccc • ryan_james • ajzoot • irongrasshopper • RockyVI • Pro Luke Wood • Goofxta • Milimber • dts1789 • thickmass • Benji Snap • G_Train • mickey_b08 • no limits

Originally Posted by ajzoot View Post
    Yeah it's totally stupid, imagine watching someone use an armbar in a real fight, there's no way the guy would ever tap out on hte streets, it's just a totally useless position to be in, I mean you'd get your balls ripped off....
    Awesome.

I throw spinning sh*t HardGainer82's Avatar
    HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HardGainer82 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    BJJ is not good for self defense at all, sorry bro theres no rules in a street fight so if you arm bar'd someone you would get your balls ripped off....
    Ok, "bro" I've realized that lately you've been trying to make little comments in your posts as though you're training in MMA. If you had trained a F*CKING DAY OF BJJ EVER you'd know that in an armbar the guy's hand is nowhere near your balls.

To say nothing of the fact that you seem to think it's easy to rip off the balls of someone who is wearing pants.

BJJ was made for and proved in street fights a long time ago in Brazil. So take your bull**** elsewhere, no one believes that you're training.
    "The sun is always gonna rise, and always gonna set and I'll just keep on punching because everyday is gonna bring something different and I just want to be ready for it."
    - Jens Pulver

If you refer to a fighter who you've never met in real life as "my boy" as though their performance somehow reflects well on you for simply being a fan, you're a lame ass.

Originally Posted by HardGainer82 View Post
    Ok, "bro" I've realized that lately you've been trying to make little comments in your posts as though you're training in MMA. If you had trained a F*CKING DAY OF BJJ EVER you'd know that in an armbar the guy's hand is nowhere near your balls.

To say nothing of the fact that you seem to think it's easy to rip off the balls of someone who is wearing pants.

BJJ was made for and proved in street fights a long time ago in Brazil. So take your bull**** elsewhere, no one believes that you're training.
    Punching in the balls would release the hold im quite sure lol, if you don't start out in the armbar its pretty easy to touch whatever part of the guy your fighting.

juniorftw is a name known to all. (+5000) juniorftw is a name known to all. (+5000) juniorftw is a name known to all. (+5000) juniorftw is a name known to all. (+5000) juniorftw is a name known to all. (+5000) juniorftw is a name known to all. (+5000) juniorftw is a name known to all. (+5000) juniorftw is a name known to all. (+5000) juniorftw is a name known to all. (+5000) juniorftw is a name known to all. (+5000) juniorftw is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yes thats true.
    Yeah because if they don't tap, the sub is useless right? You know why people tap? Because you're putting them in serious danger and most people don't want to have arms, knees, ankles, shoulders etc. broken.

Yeah, the ripping of the balls sure looks painful! Oh wait.. gtfo fatty.

juniorftw is a name known to all. (+5000) juniorftw is a name known to all. (+5000) juniorftw is a name known to all. (+5000) juniorftw is a name known to all. (+5000) juniorftw is a name known to all. (+5000) juniorftw is a name known to all. (+5000) juniorftw is a name known to all. (+5000) juniorftw is a name known to all. (+5000) juniorftw is a name known to all. (+5000) juniorftw is a name known to all. (+5000) juniorftw is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Punching in the balls would release the hold im quite sure lol, if you don't start out in the armbar its pretty easy to touch whatever part of the guy your fighting.
    If I had an armbar on somebody, and somehow they managed to punch me in the balls, surely that'd just make me even more pissed off and want to snap his arm in 2?

Originally Posted by juniorftw View Post

Yeah, the ripping of the balls sure looks painful! Oh wait.. gtfo fatty.
    Oh wait.... thats a cage.... Oh wait.... Theres rules against that right? Moron...

If I had an armbar on somebody, and somehow they managed to punch me in the balls, surely that'd just make me even more pissed off and want to snap his arm in 2?
    Surely you have no balls

Edit: Oh wait are you one of those guys who thinks they could keep going after they get hit in the balls?
    Last edited by Big Arm Big Pay; 11-01-2008 at 03:36 PM.

Oh wait.... thats a cage.... Oh wait.... Theres rules against that right? Moron...
    That was UFC 2, groin strikes were perfectly within the rules, I take it you missed Keith Hackney vs Jo Son?

Surely you have no balls
    Adrenaline is an awesome thing. Clearly you've never had a fight in your life.

Moron.

ajzoot is just really nice. (+1000) ajzoot is just really nice. (+1000) ajzoot is just really nice. (+1000) ajzoot is just really nice. (+1000) ajzoot is just really nice. (+1000) ajzoot is just really nice. (+1000) ajzoot is just really nice. (+1000) ajzoot is just really nice. (+1000) ajzoot is just really nice. (+1000) ajzoot is just really nice. (+1000) ajzoot is just really nice. (+1000)
    No offense dude, but you're wrong. It's clear that you've never been in this position, and you're armchair warrior'ing about what you would do in a situation you've had no experience in.
    Aussies Pwn All Crew � Oz Enhanced • *ShaGGs* • Fiky • Wylde • Pro Lee Priest • Nesa • TheDeepBlue • mikeccccc • ryan_james • ajzoot • irongrasshopper • RockyVI • Pro Luke Wood • Goofxta • Milimber • dts1789 • thickmass • Benji Snap • G_Train • mickey_b08 • no limits

That was UFC 2, groin strikes were perfectly within the rules, I take it you missed Keith Hackney vs Jo Son?

Adrenaline is an awesome thing. Clearly you've never had a fight in your life.

Moron.
    Pretty funny you say that I hear that **** from every guy who has never been punched in the balls with a clear shot or without gloves on.

Originally Posted by ajzoot View Post
    No offense dude, but you're wrong. It's clear that you've never been in this position, and you're armchair warrior'ing about what you would do in a situation you've had no experience in.
    No one has ever armbar'd me in a street fight lol that would be funny as ****

JCham is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JCham is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JCham is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JCham is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JCham is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JCham is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JCham is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JCham is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JCham is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JCham is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JCham is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I'd rather know BJJ than boxing in a 1 on 1 street fight. But thats me.

I don't think there is really any Martial art designed for multiple attackers (Krava Maga? Maybe?).