JackieA6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JackieA6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JackieA6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JackieA6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Fitness Modeling

Any female fitness models that I could speak with who have competed in the past? I'm looking to compete for the first time in April and I'd like to speak to anyone who can offer me advice for preparation (nutrition and training) as well as which organizations will have shows, any upcoming shows i could go see, etc.

Thanks in advance for any advice/suggestions!

anntitone is on a distinguished road. (+10) anntitone is on a distinguished road. (+10) anntitone is on a distinguished road. (+10) anntitone is on a distinguished road. (+10) anntitone is on a distinguished road. (+10) anntitone is on a distinguished road. (+10) anntitone is on a distinguished road. (+10) anntitone is on a distinguished road. (+10) anntitone is on a distinguished road. (+10) anntitone is on a distinguished road. (+10) anntitone is on a distinguished road. (+10)

first competition

What division are you competing in?
    Ann Titone
    www.fitnessamerica.biz

gymbrat33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymbrat33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymbrat33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymbrat33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymbrat33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymbrat33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymbrat33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymbrat33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymbrat33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymbrat33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gymbrat33 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Contact Lyzabeth Lopez at www.LyzabethLopez.com She's a Fitness Model, competitor,nutritionist, Personal Trainer, and has also judged many fitness competitions FAME, Ultimate Fitness Events, and FAP . She's trained many athletes to prepare for their competitions.

JackieA6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JackieA6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JackieA6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JackieA6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I will be competing for an event sponsored by the OCB - i'm assuming it's amateur since it's my first time?

firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Lyzabeth is a dear friend and I LOVE HER, not sure how busy she is though as my last talk with her she was swamped (good thing though!) however online training etc might be easier for her than one on one....

HOWEVEr that being the case I have to ask why your subject line is fintess modelling? the OCB is a great start BTW but also look at shows that get the most attendance/media and such even if you think you can't place well, it's not about the placings a lot of the time
    Joleen Axworthy
    www.twitter.com/joleenaxworthy
    StarChem Labs Athlete
    4SportLife Athlete
    Professional Fitness Model/Personal Trainer
    Ms. Bikini Canada 2007
    FAME Fitness Model Pro
    WBFF Model and Figure Pro

ifbbprobetsy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ifbbprobetsy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ifbbprobetsy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ifbbprobetsy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ifbbprobetsy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ifbbprobetsy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ifbbprobetsy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ifbbprobetsy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ifbbprobetsy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ifbbprobetsy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ifbbprobetsy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I can definitely help you,,,give me more details on your workout...diet, etc can you post pics
    Thanks

Betsy McNally
    IFBB PRO

ALLISONETHIER has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ALLISONETHIER has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ALLISONETHIER has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ALLISONETHIER has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ALLISONETHIER has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ALLISONETHIER has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by JackieA6 View Post
    Any female fitness models that I could speak with who have competed in the past? I'm looking to compete for the first time in April and I'd like to speak to anyone who can offer me advice for preparation (nutrition and training) as well as which organizations will have shows, any upcoming shows i could go see, etc.

Thanks in advance for any advice/suggestions!
    Why do you want to compete?

A.
    Allison Ethier, B.Sc, B. Education, NSCA-CPT, ISSN
    www.allisonethier.com
    2009 Bodybuilding.com Bodyspace Spokesmodel
    IFBB Professional Fitness Athlete

nntn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Hi

I am interested in fitness/bikini modeling too.

I also plan to compete NPC.

I want to compete because I was a gymnast and a cheerleader and i miss having some sort of athletic forum. Also I like to be around people that have a common goal to me, it is inspiring and supportive. (thats why bodybuilding.com is so fun). & i love working out.

My goal is a lower body fat % and an overall lean mass gain... ( i plan to compete bikini in the short division. ) may or so.

how do you get into print/magazine?

stuff like that anyway, thank you so much, shelby

Originally Posted by firecracker3 View Post

HOWEVEr that being the case I have to ask why your subject line is fintess modelling?

I made my subject line fitness modeling because I'm interested in competing in that rather than figure. I feel that this would be more attainable by April than being ready for figure by then.

In response to why i want to compete in fitness modeling:

1. I love a challenge and would like to see how far I can push myself physically and mentally. Fitness and eating clean is a HUGE part of my life and I'd like to see if i'd be able to really take my body to the next level for a competition.
    2. Being on stage in front of a crowd showing off my physique is a mental challenge for me - it's a fear that I have and want to finally face it and overcome it. I want to prove to myself that i CAN do it and get up there and feel confident about the hard work that I put into getting there.

I feel that these are both great goals for 2009 and great reasons to want to compete!

firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) firecracker3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by JackieA6 View Post
    I made my subject line fitness modeling because I'm interested in competing in that rather than figure. I feel that this would be more attainable by April than being ready for figure by then.

In response to why i want to compete in fitness modeling:

1. I love a challenge and would like to see how far I can push myself physically and mentally. Fitness and eating clean is a HUGE part of my life and I'd like to see if i'd be able to really take my body to the next level for a competition.
    2. Being on stage in front of a crowd showing off my physique is a mental challenge for me - it's a fear that I have and want to finally face it and overcome it. I want to prove to myself that i CAN do it and get up there and feel confident about the hard work that I put into getting there.

I feel that these are both great goals for 2009 and great reasons to want to compete!
    These are great reasons to compete as no matter how you place you will achieve your goals

NNTN : getting into print is about how you market yourself and network.....not too long ago I was having dinner with a modelling friend of mine at the Olympia and we were both discussing how tired we were of pusing our names in everyones face, but regrefutlly, this must be done....there are tons of girls out there that look fab and have pretty faces and great personalities, so you need to ensure you are marketing yourself and essentially, treating it like a job However, it isn't exactly a job that makes you rich, so be careful....but I would suggest competing, and ensuring you bring cards etc to hand out to those in attendance (bigger shows will have more mags, sponsors etc), network and follow up...submitting pics is great but there are hundreds submitted each week (to the bigger mags) so you need to be assertive and if you have the right look, they wil notice

hth
    Joleen Axworthy
    www.twitter.com/joleenaxworthy
    StarChem Labs Athlete
    4SportLife Athlete
    Professional Fitness Model/Personal Trainer
    Ms. Bikini Canada 2007
    FAME Fitness Model Pro
    WBFF Model and Figure Pro

lymbo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lymbo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lymbo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lymbo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lymbo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lymbo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lymbo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lymbo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lymbo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lymbo has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lymbo has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

might interest you

LOS ANGLES, CALIF. ? Fitness Model International, the Fitness and Sports Network (FAS-NET) production has set the dates. October 21-24, 2009, for it?s inaugural fitness model development conference. Within the 3? day production, aspiring fitness/sports models are taught how to market, build their brand, understand the industry, how to network in industry, and the essentials for camera posing (solo/co-ed/group). It features the industry?s top professionals teaching, scouting and networking aspiring fitness models. The variety of industry professionals include currently published models and photographers, agents, managers, editors, and publishers. Keynote speaker is ?America?s Most Trusted Fitness Professional?, Clark Bartram. Registration details and other keynote announcements will be delivered in late January 2009.
    Fitness model mommy