Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    aLLsKiLLz20 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aLLsKiLLz20 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aLLsKiLLz20 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aLLsKiLLz20 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aLLsKiLLz20 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aLLsKiLLz20 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aLLsKiLLz20 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aLLsKiLLz20 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aLLsKiLLz20 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aLLsKiLLz20 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aLLsKiLLz20 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Schutt Ion 4D and Revolution Speed Reviews

Some of you that have used the Ion 4D, type in your review, I have only tried it on.

The Ion looks badass as everyone knows.. Our coach got the Schutt dealer in last week, and i tried one on, and it was way more comfortable that the DNA. The facemask shock absorber looks cool, but didn't mess with it too much. I would rate it like this.

Design-5
    Comfort-5
    Testibility- (didn't get to test it out)
    Weight- 3 (kinda heavy actually)

Pics of schutt

The Riddell dealer will be here in two days i think, and i will put a review up for it, and chris cooley of the washington redskins called it the lazy boy of all helmets, and he said he really liked it. here is the link to his blog.

http://chriscooley47.blogspot.com/20...ew-helmet.html

Some pics of the Rev Speed.

Last edited by aLLsKiLLz20; 12-07-2008 at 09:15 PM.

Soup12qb is on a distinguished road. (+10) Soup12qb is on a distinguished road. (+10) Soup12qb is on a distinguished road. (+10) Soup12qb is on a distinguished road. (+10) Soup12qb is on a distinguished road. (+10) Soup12qb is on a distinguished road. (+10) Soup12qb is on a distinguished road. (+10) Soup12qb is on a distinguished road. (+10) Soup12qb is on a distinguished road. (+10) Soup12qb is on a distinguished road. (+10) Soup12qb is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Well I was wondering where the follow up with this is? How did the Speed Revo feel, look, weight?

MPM17AB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MPM17AB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MPM17AB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MPM17AB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MPM17AB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MPM17AB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MPM17AB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MPM17AB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MPM17AB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MPM17AB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MPM17AB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Rev Speed looks soo nice..
    Gandolf Swag.

Working To Fat Jacked Marcoccia's Avatar
    Marcoccia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marcoccia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marcoccia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marcoccia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marcoccia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marcoccia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marcoccia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marcoccia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marcoccia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marcoccia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marcoccia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I never liked the schutts when I play I actually got my concussion with a schutt air. I went to a revo and I loved them I would wear the new revo speed no questions asked.

Soup12qb is on a distinguished road. (+10) Soup12qb is on a distinguished road. (+10) Soup12qb is on a distinguished road. (+10) Soup12qb is on a distinguished road. (+10) Soup12qb is on a distinguished road. (+10) Soup12qb is on a distinguished road. (+10) Soup12qb is on a distinguished road. (+10) Soup12qb is on a distinguished road. (+10) Soup12qb is on a distinguished road. (+10) Soup12qb is on a distinguished road. (+10) Soup12qb is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Schutt 4d looks tough. But I heard it was heavier then the Revo Speed. also the Revo speed is cheaper! Like the Ion 4d facemask better though...

_Marcus_ is just really nice. (+1000) _Marcus_ is just really nice. (+1000) _Marcus_ is just really nice. (+1000) _Marcus_ is just really nice. (+1000) _Marcus_ is just really nice. (+1000) _Marcus_ is just really nice. (+1000) _Marcus_ is just really nice. (+1000) _Marcus_ is just really nice. (+1000) _Marcus_ is just really nice. (+1000) _Marcus_ is just really nice. (+1000) _Marcus_ is just really nice. (+1000)
    I own the ion 4d, and i will say it is the best helmet i've ever worn, I used the orig. schutt, revo, and the DNA

Looks, it looks like **** to me, but the protection is just fuccking top notch. I Felt like 3-4 hits the entire season and i started both ways, GUARD and LINEBACKER.

Call me a pussy but i've gotten 2 concussions from playing football (played since i was 6 )

but the weight, it weighs as much as a ridell REVOLUTION.

and i hate the look (i think i stated taht already)

uhh

The REVO speed, looks pretty nice, feels pretty nice when i tried it on but the inners are pretty much identical to the original revolution but with the foam padding. so its not that great.

best helmet to get imo is the SCHUTT AIR XP, looks ****ing raw and has decent protection (like the dna)
    [Official] San Diego Brah

Doing research and there is another helmet in the mix, X1. check out the website

http://www.xenith.com/

aLLsKiLLz20 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aLLsKiLLz20 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aLLsKiLLz20 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aLLsKiLLz20 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aLLsKiLLz20 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aLLsKiLLz20 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aLLsKiLLz20 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aLLsKiLLz20 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aLLsKiLLz20 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aLLsKiLLz20 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) aLLsKiLLz20 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    UPDATE: The REVO SPEED is ****ing sick. Tried one on, and it was freaking comfortable. I only was able to look at it for a sec, but the facemask are badass. I like the REVO alot more than the ION. Also, i didn;t notice it, but on the revo speed, on the back part, they have a slit kinda thing, that makes the helmet look badass from the side also. BTW, that xenith helmet has been being tested for like 3 years.

_Marcus_ is just really nice. (+1000) _Marcus_ is just really nice. (+1000) _Marcus_ is just really nice. (+1000) _Marcus_ is just really nice. (+1000) _Marcus_ is just really nice. (+1000) _Marcus_ is just really nice. (+1000) _Marcus_ is just really nice. (+1000) _Marcus_ is just really nice. (+1000) _Marcus_ is just really nice. (+1000) _Marcus_ is just really nice. (+1000) _Marcus_ is just really nice. (+1000)
    zenith helmet looks ****ty. one of the reviews said " felt like i didn't have a helmet on "

well thats the least thing i want.

and it adapts to your head... idk bout that.

revo speed is nice, but its not that high -tech or so. its only more comfortable because of the black foam padding on the inside.
    its pretty much the same as the orig. REVO just with a more asthetic appeal and that foam pad.
    [Official] San Diego Brah

sly_106 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sly_106 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sly_106 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sly_106 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sly_106 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sly_106 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sly_106 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sly_106 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sly_106 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sly_106 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sly_106 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by _Marcus_ View Post
    zenith helmet looks ****ty. one of the reviews said " felt like i didn't have a helmet on "
    I think the guy meant it was so comfortable that it felt like he didn't have a helmet on. Not like it felt like he was getting hit without a helmet on... haha
    Don't think, just eat

here is a pic I took of the new revo speed check it.

Working To Fat Jacked Marcoccia's Avatar
    Marcoccia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marcoccia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marcoccia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marcoccia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marcoccia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marcoccia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marcoccia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marcoccia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marcoccia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marcoccia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marcoccia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by aLLsKiLLz20 View Post
    here is a pic I took of the new revo speed check it.

looks so sick.

rico901 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The revo speed is awesome! it looks good, extremely comfortable, and not too heavy! The overliner controls the sweat and keeps you cool. and its cheaper

nofear66 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Soup12qb View Post
    Well I was wondering where the follow up with this is? How did the Speed Revo feel, look, weight?

i have the speed, dna, and ion 4d out off all the helmets the 4d feels the best and hella comfortable the dna is too ****ing big and the rev speed looks dope when u have all the gear on joke and the vision is alot better then the other helmets the dna is the heaviest but the ion and speed weigh pretty much the same but from a running back and defensive back status i"ll still say the ion 4d is the best helmet out there theres a reason why the speed is cheaper and it theonly thing that makes the helmet comfortable is the lining otherwise sill the same ****ty ass padding that hurts like a bitch for the first couple of days hoped this helps

IH33 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IH33 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IH33 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IH33 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IH33 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IH33 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IH33 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IH33 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IH33 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IH33 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IH33 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    They both look bad ass and the rev speed looks more comfortable then the old revolution. Also I like how the ion 4d seems to be smaller then the dna. That was the only problem i had with the dna was how big it was. Still used it for 2 seasons lol.

mulkeytyler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have less than three weeks to choose what should i get the ion 4d or revo speed?

Ace50 is just really nice. (+1000) Ace50 is just really nice. (+1000) Ace50 is just really nice. (+1000) Ace50 is just really nice. (+1000) Ace50 is just really nice. (+1000) Ace50 is just really nice. (+1000) Ace50 is just really nice. (+1000) Ace50 is just really nice. (+1000) Ace50 is just really nice. (+1000) Ace50 is just really nice. (+1000) Ace50 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Used the Air Xp last year, i have no complaints.

U mad cus Im moss'n on U? iGoHam's Avatar
    iGoHam will become famous soon enough. (+50) iGoHam will become famous soon enough. (+50) iGoHam will become famous soon enough. (+50) iGoHam will become famous soon enough. (+50) iGoHam will become famous soon enough. (+50) iGoHam will become famous soon enough. (+50) iGoHam will become famous soon enough. (+50) iGoHam will become famous soon enough. (+50) iGoHam will become famous soon enough. (+50) iGoHam will become famous soon enough. (+50) iGoHam will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    We use the revolutions at our school.
    It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect.

Psalm 18:32

mulkeytyler has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    how was the revo speed?

kpruett21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Our head football coach recently began checking out the newer helmets, we have always used original revolutions in the past. We planned on getting the schutt, however, after looking at both the ion 4d, and the xenith. He decided on the Revolution Speed. They are not only cheaper, but in his opinion, they are also the most comfortable.

I recently watched a seven minute DVD on the xenith helmet, and it seems like alot of effort has been put into making this a great football helmet. I would urge anybody who is looking into getting new helmets to look into this informational DVD, it was very good.

Theroc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Theroc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Theroc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by kpruett21 View Post
    Our head football coach recently began checking out the newer helmets, we have always used original revolutions in the past. We planned on getting the schutt, however, after looking at both the ion 4d, and the xenith. He decided on the Revolution Speed. They are not only cheaper, but in his opinion, they are also the most comfortable.

I recently watched a seven minute DVD on the xenith helmet, and it seems like alot of effort has been put into making this a great football helmet. I would urge anybody who is looking into getting new helmets to look into this informational DVD, it was very good.

I just bought my kid the Xenith helmet... He hasnt used it yet but he said its very comfortable.

Roc

kpruett21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Theroc View Post
    I just bought my kid the Xenith helmet... He hasnt used it yet but he said its very comfortable.

Roc
    In the beginning our coach was leaning more toward either the Xenith or the Schutt, however, after trying on the Riddell he said there was no way he could go with one of the others.

jc2801 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jc2801 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jc2801 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jc2801 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jc2801 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jc2801 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jc2801 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jc2801 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jc2801 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jc2801 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jc2801 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sorry to bring this from the dead guys, but I was wondering the same thing if anyone has any experience with either of these helmets or the schutt Air XP. I've always like the shutt air advantage but want to upgrade to something else but not sure which one is better overall.

CM003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CM003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CM003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CM003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CM003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CM003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CM003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CM003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CM003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CM003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CM003 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by jc2801 View Post
    Sorry to bring this from the dead guys, but I was wondering the same thing if anyone has any experience with either of these helmets or the schutt Air XP. I've always like the shutt air advantage but want to upgrade to something else but not sure which one is better overall.
    I have tried on that helmet (Air XP), and it felt pretty damn light. But the padding looked pretty thin, but I have yet to hit with it so idk. The helmet was my friends and next game, my friend received a major concussion when using it.

lhshurdl3r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lhshurdl3r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lhshurdl3r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lhshurdl3r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lhshurdl3r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lhshurdl3r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lhshurdl3r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lhshurdl3r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lhshurdl3r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lhshurdl3r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lhshurdl3r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by CM003 View Post
    I have tried on that helmet (Air XP), and it felt pretty damn light. But the padding looked pretty thin, but I have yet to hit with it so idk. The helmet was my friends and next game, my friend received a major concussion when using it.
    Can't blame the helmet lol.

CM003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CM003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CM003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CM003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CM003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CM003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CM003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CM003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CM003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CM003 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CM003 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by lhshurdl3r View Post
    Can't blame the helmet lol.
    Lol true, he got knocked the f*ck out on kick return from a blindsight.

Originally Posted by CM003 View Post
    air xp from an aesthetic standpoint is the best.

I personally don't like it, as the padding is kinda hard for me.

I have the ION and i LOVE it, very comfortable, keeps me headache free, and i can't notice the weight difference.
    It doesn't look the best though since we have silver helmets/black facemasks. The best look is the solid white. or any solid colors look prettyyy badass.

colt20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colt20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colt20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colt20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colt20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colt20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colt20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colt20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colt20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colt20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) colt20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    heres what Ive tried so far:

original riddell..pretty much useless protection wise but looks awesome, classic.
    pic:

revo speed.. super heavy, not a fan of the looks, but really comfortable
    pic:

air xp... sits high for some reason, you wont have great vision, looks decent though and its defiantly the most comfortable
    pic:

xenith- terrible.. face mask sits so fr away from your face its ridiculous. highly uncomfortable although some of my teammates disagree.

my favorite would have be the classic but its soo bad at absorbing impacts. Nothing else fits me to well however.

dduck13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am looking for one of the Revo SPEED helmets....anyone know where to buy one. I tried riddell.com but wanted to try a different site to try and get a better price. Thanks

P.A.L has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ive tried none of the two but i think the speed looks absolutely filthy