AaronCF is just really nice. (+1000) AaronCF is just really nice. (+1000) AaronCF is just really nice. (+1000) AaronCF is just really nice. (+1000) AaronCF is just really nice. (+1000) AaronCF is just really nice. (+1000) AaronCF is just really nice. (+1000) AaronCF is just really nice. (+1000) AaronCF is just really nice. (+1000) AaronCF is just really nice. (+1000) AaronCF is just really nice. (+1000)

Schwinn Airdyne owners

So, I picked up an Airdyne off Craigs List for $50... I've found that it's a 2001 model.

It's in great condition, I'm very happy with it. It is however missing a bushing where the pedal ties into the arm lever, making it a little sloppy on one side. I've also read that some owners take them into Schwinn dealers for a "tune up"...

My question is, what exactly is involved in this "tune up"...? If they're just going to spray the chain with some white lithium grease, I'll cut the middle man and do it myself. Also, how costly is this tune up, and have you had luck in ordering replacement parts such as this missing bushing?

deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    you ever work on regular bikes? same thing for the most part. bushing shouldn't be more than a buck or two from any schwinn dealer, good one's might even have in stock.
    Shouldn't you be lifting something heavy instead of reading this?

[]---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 8
    Workout Equipment Crew: We do it on Power Racks
    Bashing the Bowflex since 2008 for DiamondDelts

Bulldozer feeds upon the weaker as they fall. Bulldozer crushes all! - Machine Head

Owes me a case of beer: dolson27

www.mutantfitness.com buffbrown21's Avatar
    buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by AaronCF View Post
    So, I picked up an Airdyne off Craigs List for $50... I've found that it's a 2001 model.

It's in great condition, I'm very happy with it. It is however missing a bushing where the pedal ties into the arm lever, making it a little sloppy on one side. I've also read that some owners take them into Schwinn dealers for a "tune up"...

My question is, what exactly is involved in this "tune up"...? If they're just going to spray the chain with some white lithium grease, I'll cut the middle man and do it myself. Also, how costly is this tune up, and have you had luck in ordering replacement parts such as this missing bushing?
    My understanding is any bicycle store that sells Schwinn bikes can do the tune up. I just got mine this year as well and have not bothered to/needed to check it out.

I think it is very easy to get parts if you just call the dealer. Check the website or when you go to the bike store, let them know, they should be able to handle it.

Regardless, you make a great purchase. You will enjoy it for quite a while.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member #14

www.ShankAZombie.com