bulldogsarmy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bulldogsarmy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bulldogsarmy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bulldogsarmy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bulldogsarmy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bulldogsarmy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

training in iraq

ok after havin knee surgery and being shipped off to iraq i have gained 20-30 lbs ( sort of lost track after 10) i want to start competing summer of 2010. i am havin to deal with criticism, harassement, being made fun of cause i gained weight. i now weight 236 my target bodyweight is 170-180 is is possible to lose that much weight and be able to compete by mid summer 2010? also how should i deal with the criticism and harassement that is really cutting into my motivation? any help/advice would be appreciated

deracate chinese frower Mindi912's Avatar
    Location: Space Cadet City, ToughCookieVille, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by bulldogsarmy View Post
    ok after havin knee surgery and being shipped off to iraq i have gained 20-30 lbs ( sort of lost track after 10) i want to start competing summer of 2010. i am havin to deal with criticism, harassement, being made fun of cause i gained weight. i now weight 236 my target bodyweight is 170-180 is is possible to lose that much weight and be able to compete by mid summer 2010? also how should i deal with the criticism and harassement that is really cutting into my motivation? any help/advice would be appreciated
    Well you should use the harassment as motivation to help you push yourself harder than before.

Knee injuries are **** that's for sure and so you have to rehad your muscles and build your strength around your knees to help support them.

As for the weight loss what does your current program look like?
    Perfection in mind, perfect body!

MMA Fight Record:

Amateur 1 - 0 - 0

Pro - 0 - 0 - 1 :(

bulldogsarmy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bulldogsarmy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bulldogsarmy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bulldogsarmy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bulldogsarmy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bulldogsarmy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

weightloss

well as for weightloss i have been doin cardio 6 days a week at 530 am. doing between 30-45 minutes sometimes doing up to 1hours a day pending on how my knee feels. diet is pretty clean or as clean as can be considering the food in the chow hall in iraq. i stick to mostly fish chicken sometimes grillen tuna sandwitches. weight training well i have been pushin myself to work harder and lift more i'm hoping that buil;ding more muscle will aid in fat loss.

Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    well as for weightloss i have been doin cardio 6 days a week at 530 am. doing between 30-45 minutes sometimes doing up to 1hours a day pending on how my knee feels. diet is pretty clean or as clean as can be considering the food in the chow hall in iraq. i stick to mostly fish chicken sometimes grillen tuna sandwitches. weight training well i have been pushin myself to work harder and lift more i'm hoping that buil;ding more muscle will aid in fat loss.
    Well for weight loss I've had good results personally with high rep and medium weights and a hard working full body workout.

you don't need that much cardio but I can understand why you think you do.

Do you get any extra training with your team as part of your normal day?

MMA Fight Record:

Amateur 1 - 0 - 0

training

well mostly the only reason i do so much cardio is cause i cant run or do anything with my unit in the morning while they do p.t. so while they run and play sports i train on the elliptical or rower in the gym so i can get my cardio in the morning. but i also do so much cardio so i can lose the weight i gained during my surgery. i am trying to get to where i was before i gained all the weight so i can hopefully rehabilitate my knee faster without putting more stress on it due to the weight. also 18 months comes faster that i can think specially while in iraq. but as for training or excercising with my team that is non exhistant

well mostly the only reason i do so much cardio is cause i cant run or do anything with my unit in the morning while they do p.t. so while they run and play sports i train on the elliptical or rower in the gym so i can get my cardio in the morning. but i also do so much cardio so i can lose the weight i gained during my surgery. i am trying to get to where i was before i gained all the weight so i can hopefully rehabilitate my knee faster without putting more stress on it due to the weight. also 18 months comes faster that i can think specially while in iraq. but as for training or excercising with my team that is non exhistant
    Ok I understand doing so much cardio because you can't do so with your unit but for weight loss you don't need to so do so much cardio.

What pace of cardio are you doing?

MMA Fight Record:

Amateur 1 - 0 - 0

training

i sort of understand that but i really aint got much else to do in the morning sicne i lift in the afternoon. but i do a moderate pace depending on how my knee is feeling. sometimes i will throw in some 1 minute sprints on the elliptical. but i never go hard for long periods and light pace just dont agree with me due to the fact that i will get in trouble if it looks like i am just b/s'n in the gym.

i sort of understand that but i really aint got much else to do in the morning sicne i lift in the afternoon. but i do a moderate pace depending on how my knee is feeling. sometimes i will throw in some 1 minute sprints on the elliptical. but i never go hard for long periods and light pace just dont agree with me due to the fact that i will get in trouble if it looks like i am just b/s'n in the gym.
    To be honest it sounds like you are doing everything you need to. Just keep going and don't give up.

MMA Fight Record:

Amateur 1 - 0 - 0

training

since you say i am doing everything i need to be doin or at least for the most part. would i be askin to much of myself to hoping to be competing by mid summer 2010 or 18 months from now? i know i need to drop at least 50-60 lbs and work on some problem areas of my body. but would it be to much to hope for?

since you say i am doing everything i need to be doin or at least for the most part. would i be askin to much of myself to hoping to be competing by mid summer 2010 or 18 months from now? i know i need to drop at least 50-60 lbs and work on some problem areas of my body. but would it be to much to hope for?
    that's a year away I think you are giving yourself plenty of time, (if you really want it) you do need to start thinking about up'ing the intensity of your cardio perhaps but not at the risk of your knee.

Try a full body workout for 6 - 8 weeks see how you get on with it.

MMA Fight Record:

Amateur 1 - 0 - 0

training

thanks for advice mindi911. this goal i have actually been workin towards for 2 years now but just started gettin serious a few months ago. i will try the full body workout and see how that goes. also i will try and add in at least one intense cardio session to begin with and see how my knee holds up to that. if it works i will up it to 2 intense cardio sessions. also if anyone else has any input i am more then willin to listen ( or read in this case)

thanks for advice mindi911. this goal i have actually been workin towards for 2 years now but just started gettin serious a few months ago. i will try the full body workout and see how that goes. also i will try and add in at least one intense cardio session to begin with and see how my knee holds up to that. if it works i will up it to 2 intense cardio sessions. also if anyone else has any input i am more then willin to listen ( or read in this case)
    anytime and yes you do need to watch your knee carefully.

Agreed if you it feels ok then up the intensity.

MMA Fight Record:

Amateur 1 - 0 - 0

brb getting bigger than u algforcek's Avatar
    algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50) algforcek will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Cool You can do it bro

After getting this assignment in Afghanistan, I have dropped 38 pounds so far. And this is at an ok gym (run by NATO and Afghanis). The hardest thing I found was diet. We do not have KBR, we have "The Supreme" which is Eruo food. Nothing wrong with it but it is fatty. I mean fatty fatty fat fat.

/puke

I live off of Syntha-6, Met Rx Colossal, and pure protein. About the only thing this mess hall doesn't screw up is fresh fruit and hard boiled eggs. If you have KBR you are "g2w" (good to work).

I would talk to a trainer there if they have one or talk online to one.

I would also invest in a heart monitor duder... Stay in the fatburn zone and preserve your muscle.

Hope this helps

VR
    Sponge
    Hi JeNN!
    My weightloss journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=111720161
    Cheat Meals: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=111993701

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Mindi is right, lifting is where you'll lose body fat, not doing hours of cardio. HIIT cardio can give you the same type of results as lifting, if you're able to do it. The biggest factor in fat loss by far is diet. There you're kind of stuck due to the food limitations. But outside of a couple of sessions of HIIT a week, stick to steady state, lower heart rate cardio to preserve muscle. It's far better at improving your cardiovascular system than fat loss, but that's not a bad thing either.