clydekheng has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clydekheng has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clydekheng has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clydekheng has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clydekheng has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clydekheng has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clydekheng has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clydekheng has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clydekheng has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clydekheng has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clydekheng has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lactose Intolerance and Whey/Casein Protein?

I'm suffering from the irritating but ever present lactose intolerance. Personally I dont really mind the bloatedness that come along sometimes when I take dairy products (including whey). But I just have a question to ask, will taking Whey/Casein protein along with my condition diminish the effects of the supplement or worse affect my body long term. thanks. Any advice is appreciated.

SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I've never known someone with lactose intolerance having issues with whey. Doesn't mean you won't have the bloated issues, but it's weird considering the lack of lactose in whey.

clydekheng has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clydekheng has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clydekheng has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clydekheng has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clydekheng has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clydekheng has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clydekheng has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clydekheng has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clydekheng has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clydekheng has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clydekheng has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Scott~ View Post
    I've never known someone with lactose intolerance having issues with whey. Doesn't mean you won't have the bloated issues, but it's weird considering the lack of lactose in whey.
    Hmmm, I was just wondering that since lactose intolerance affects your ability to break down lactose it would some how affect the absorption rate of casein protein seeing that it has more milk content?

SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SDC77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by clydekheng View Post
    Hmmm, I was just wondering that since lactose intolerance affects your ability to break down lactose it would some how affect the absorption rate of casein protein seeing that it has more milk content?
    My casein has 0 sugars. Not sure where the issue would stem from, but it isn't uncommon for people to have problems with whey/casein (though usually cosmetic like acne).

cmbc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cmbc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cmbc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cmbc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cmbc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cmbc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cmbc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cmbc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cmbc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cmbc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cmbc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    There is lactose in whey products. I think isolate has less than 1% though.. concentrate can have anywhere from 10 to 50% or something.

go with isolate and you *should* be fine.