Vortec has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vortec has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vortec has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vortec has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vortec has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vortec has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vortec has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vortec has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vortec has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vortec has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vortec has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Left forearm soreness

I have gotten back into the game and have been hitting the weights hard for the past three or four months. Within the past month or so, I have noticed an increasingly strong pain in my left forearm. The pain is especially evident after a set of preacher curls with an EZ bar.

I hyper-extended my elbow and streched my ulna collateral around three years ago. Would this be related? Or do I just have too weak of forearms for the weight I'm curling!?

Thanks in advance.

MrDiamond has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrDiamond has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrDiamond has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Its probably your tendon and due to a lack of forearm training while training with too may bicep and tricep isolation exercises. What do you do on your bicep days and how many times a week do you work your arms? This is a common problem btw so i doubt your previous injury has much to due with this.

Vortec has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vortec has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vortec has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vortec has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vortec has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vortec has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vortec has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vortec has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vortec has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vortec has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Vortec has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by MrDiamond View Post
    Its probably your tendon and due to a lack of forearm training while training with too may bicep and tricep isolation exercises. What do you do on your bicep days and how many times a week do you work your arms? This is a common problem btw so i doubt your previous injury has much to due with this.
    Back and biceps are usually Monday, Friday and chest and triceps are usually Wednesday, Sunday. When isolating arms I do 3 or 4 excercises depending on the reps. I've done preacher curls, isolated preachers with dumb-bells, hammer curls, concentration curls, seated curls, negative curls, and cable pull-ups.

I was isolating my forearms once a week prior to this soreness. The pain is most evident after doing preacher curls, so I wasn't doing anything wrong when working just my forearms.

MrDiamond has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrDiamond has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrDiamond has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Vortec View Post
    Back and biceps are usually Monday, Friday and chest and triceps are usually Wednesday, Sunday. When isolating arms I do 3 or 4 excercises depending on the reps. I've done preacher curls, isolated preachers with dumb-bells, hammer curls, concentration curls, seated curls, negative curls, and cable pull-ups.

I was isolating my forearms once a week prior to this soreness. The pain is most evident after doing preacher curls, so I wasn't doing anything wrong when working just my forearms.
    I had this problem about a year ago too, at the time my training sessions were just wrong. I would suggest taking a break from biceps until the pain stops, then once they feel better put your focus on dead lifts and rows for back and biceps and structure workouts around compound exercises. Also, as more of a beginner i don't see much of a reason to train the same body parts twice in one week, look at the stickies here for a good lifting program.

The deadlifts will work your grip and forearms, try towel pull ups too.