Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

Registered User Redeem_Yourself's Avatar
    Stats: 6'1", 179 lbs
    Redeem_Yourself has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Redeem_Yourself has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Redeem_Yourself has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Redeem_Yourself has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Redeem_Yourself has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Redeem_Yourself has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Redeem_Yourself has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Redeem_Yourself has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Redeem_Yourself has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Redeem_Yourself has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Redeem_Yourself has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Visit Redeem_Yourself's BodySpace

torn labrum, good chest exercise?

so i have a torn labrum and am not going to get it operated until next year... i have too much going on right now... the doctor has allow me to keep working out... i just need a good exercise i can sub for db or bb bench that will allow me to grow...

SquatTilYouDrop has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SquatTilYouDrop has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SquatTilYouDrop has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SquatTilYouDrop has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SquatTilYouDrop has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SquatTilYouDrop has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SquatTilYouDrop has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SquatTilYouDrop has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SquatTilYouDrop has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SquatTilYouDrop has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) SquatTilYouDrop has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit SquatTilYouDrop's BodySpace
    I would get the surgery as soon as possible. I also had a labrum tear. Specially called a slap tear. I tried working out without the surgery but it just got progressively worse over time. So two January's ago I had arthroscopic surgery to repair it. It took 6 months of rehab to get back full function of my shoulder but it was worth it.

But if you must wait and need to work out here is what I recommend. From what I know each labrum injury is slightly different. You need to test the pain threshold on your individual range of motion for pushing and pulling exercises. Test pushups. Test pullups. Test over head presses. test rows. By common sense...determine what you can and cannot do. The pain will give you a good indication.

No one on here can give you a definitive answer for exercise selection. That will be determined by how your able to manage around the injury. Again, I would get that surgery as soon as possible. Working out with something torn in the shoulder can be a recipe for disaster.

Registered User Redeem_Yourself's Avatar
    Stats: 6'1", 179 lbs
    Redeem_Yourself has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Redeem_Yourself has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Redeem_Yourself has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Redeem_Yourself has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Redeem_Yourself has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Redeem_Yourself has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Redeem_Yourself has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Redeem_Yourself has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Redeem_Yourself has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Redeem_Yourself has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Redeem_Yourself has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Visit Redeem_Yourself's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by SquatTilYouDrop View Post
    I would get the surgery as soon as possible. I also had a labrum tear. Specially called a slap tear. I tried working out without the surgery but it just got progressively worse over time. So two January's ago I had arthroscopic surgery to repair it. It took 6 months of rehab to get back full function of my shoulder but it was worth it.

But if you must wait and need to work out here is what I recommend. From what I know each labrum injury is slightly different. You need to test the pain threshold on your individual range of motion for pushing and pulling exercises. Test pushups. Test pullups. Test over head presses. test rows. By common sense...determine what you can and cannot do. The pain will give you a good indication.

No one on here can give you a definitive answer for exercise selection. That will be determined by how your able to manage around the injury. Again, I would get that surgery as soon as possible. Working out with something torn in the shoulder can be a recipe for disaster.
    I can do shoulder presses, I can do pullups and pushups as well.
    I cannot do upright rows without pain.
    I can bench fine, but if i move my shoulders around my shoulder pops a little and it kinda hurts...

any suggestions man?

Stats: 5'7", 231 lbs
    BodyPoints: 2603
    KhoraskGTR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KhoraskGTR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KhoraskGTR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KhoraskGTR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KhoraskGTR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KhoraskGTR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KhoraskGTR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KhoraskGTR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KhoraskGTR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KhoraskGTR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KhoraskGTR has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Visit KhoraskGTR's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by Redeem_Yourself View Post
    so i have a torn labrum and am not going to get it operated until next year... i have too much going on right now... the doctor has allow me to keep working out... i just need a good exercise i can sub for db or bb bench that will allow me to grow...
    I tore my anterior labrum over 2 years ago and after the arthroscopic surgery and the open surgery followed by 6 months rehab its still not 100% (and never will be). Due to the fact I ignored the doctor and still worked out pre op I did a hell of alot more damage (due to the repeat partial dislocations from the torn labrum that shredded the cartilage)...

and yeah 2.5 years later I've only really been able to start hitting the shoulder again properly.

I wouldn't focus on making progress, but maybe maintaining your gains until the surgery?? Because a lot of exercises involve the anterior delt and hitting it hard until your surgery will probably continue to damage it. I'd suggest maybe to lay off the freeweights for shoulder and chest related exercises and hit the machines? You can keep you form spot on for every rep which will help avoid further injury. I've also noticed with my injury reducing the range of motion of the movements slightly helps heaps with avoid the sharp pain I used to get in the lower part of a lot of pressing movements (most of the machines at my gym can be preset for ROM which is helpful). Maybe the cable station for things like cable flys, raises etc...

Anyway.. just some ideas.. I wouldnt hit it too hard until your fully recovered... I know, I wish I didnt :s

Stats: 220 lbs
    larrybo40 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Visit larrybo40's BodySpace

Surgery

Hey guys,

I am getting surgery on march 1 for a tear in my labrum. I had. Question about dieting.
    Since I found out about the surgery my diet has been crap. I was wondering what your dieting
    Was
    Pre, and post surgery? Thanks guy!

leect is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by larrybo40 View Post
    Hey guys,

I am getting surgery on march 1 for a tear in my labrum. I had. Question about dieting.
    Since I found out about the surgery my diet has been crap. I was wondering what your dieting
    Was
    Pre, and post surgery? Thanks guy!
    Sup, I'm 7 months after surgery and feeling pretty good. About the diet, I'd focus on eating healthy, lots of antioxidants, as well as try and load up on Omega 3's and multi vitamins until 2 weeks post surgery. I'm no doctor but after research, you want to keep all your nutrient levels at above capacity to help with the healing. I also heard that taking omega 3's help heal and reduce inflammation. My ortho told me that my recovery time was amazing.

I'm no doctor so make sure you ask him if you have any health issues or liver or kidney disabilities. Just stay away from junk food and fast food.

Stats: 5'11", 185 lbs
    TakeEverything is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TakeEverything is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TakeEverything is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TakeEverything is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TakeEverything is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TakeEverything is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TakeEverything is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TakeEverything is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TakeEverything is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TakeEverything is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TakeEverything is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Visit TakeEverything's BodySpace
    Originally Posted by leect View Post
    Sup, I'm 7 months after surgery and feeling pretty good. About the diet, I'd focus on eating healthy, lots of antioxidants, as well as try and load up on Omega 3's and multi vitamins until 2 weeks post surgery. I'm no doctor but after research, you want to keep all your nutrient levels at above capacity to help with the healing. I also heard that taking omega 3's help heal and reduce inflammation. My ortho told me that my recovery time was amazing.

I'm no doctor so make sure you ask him if you have any health issues or liver or kidney disabilities. Just stay away from junk food and fast food.

Post is 5 yrs old... Pretty sure OP has had surgery and recovered by now....