Thread: to old?:P

fdmc.99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

to old?:P

hey there. well im kinda getting frustrated in my progress. for the past 1 and a half i have been PUSHING myself HARD at the gym. lots of cardio, weights. i work different parts of my body each day. i have been taking supp, for example pre-workout i have used NO-xplode, superpump, nanovapour, and i have using post workouts cellmass, sizeon, and now for the past month have been on creatine mono.
    i also for the past year have been using bcca, glutamine powders. i have 2-3 scoops of isoflex throughout the day, i take animal paks EVERYDAY. the list goes on, and i havent been just using these supps once in a while, i havent missed a day in the past year.
    i eat good. maybe 2500 cals a day, eat 5-8 times a day. eat lots of tuna, chicken, salmon, veggies. i seem to be doing EVERYTHING that im suppose to, but i dont see no big change in muscle size.
    i seem to be toning up ok, and my energy leves are awseome now. im 35, is this all pretty much to late to be trying to get bigger? 2 and a half years ago i quit moking after 17 years of smoking aprox 1 to 2 packs aday, i have always struggles with my wiehgt i guess all my life. after i quit smoking i put on alot of weight, from about 210 to 275. then a year and a half ago i had enough. i then started going to the gym EVERY day, then after a couple months i started to take 1 off day a week.
    i have went from 275 down to 185-190 which is my current weight. i havent so to have lost any muscle, however nothing is seeming to be getting bigger. for example wehn i do my biceps 2 times sometimes 3 times a week, i wrok them hard for about 45 min each times. my bicep day usaully is my biceps, my tricpes, and my chest and abs. then after my 45 min of that, ill always finish up with 20 min of medium to hard cardio.
    and i dont slack off at the gym either, i push my self hard as i can, with MAYBE half a min between sets. do i have to little of test because my age?
    its seems like i am wasting time on all these supps i take everday?

any advise is greatly appreciated.
    thank you

dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Lol, you're not too old. You should go to a Master's BB contest and see the guys in their 60s who compete!

What's your DIET like?
    NPC Bodybuilder, Mother and Hater Extraordinaire

Sponsored by Prep & Rep Kitchen

Alienheat4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alienheat4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alienheat4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alienheat4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alienheat4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alienheat4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alienheat4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alienheat4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alienheat4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alienheat4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alienheat4 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by dvsness View Post
    Lol, you're not too old. You should go to a Master's BB contest and see the guys in their 60s who compete!

What's your DIET like?
    x2

You won't grow like the teenagers that populate these boards but you aren't wasting your time. Keep working hard and you will reach your goals.

well ill try to generalize my diet, usually in a day is as follows.

protien shake with 1 and half cup milk, usually 2 scoops of iso flex.
    handfull of trail mix
    lunch , salmon sandwhich cheese slice, glass of milk
    mid afternoon snack, usually isoflex protien bar or protien shake
    supper anywhere from chicken breast, potatoe, milk veggies, to chicken ceaser salad. veries
    evening snacks from trail mix bars, to different recipse i have seen on BB.c om like protien brownies and other recipes. maybe this isnt enough food intake? lol, i always seem full and never hungry tho. i dunno. any input? thanks again

The_Colonel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The_Colonel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The_Colonel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The_Colonel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The_Colonel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The_Colonel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The_Colonel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The_Colonel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The_Colonel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The_Colonel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The_Colonel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    if you are looking for muscle growth, you are WAY overtraining.
    i realize you have worked hard ot get where you are today, but you need to stop and completely relook at your workouts.

try this for 6 weeks:
    only hit a muscle group once a week. rest AT LEAST a minute between sets, probably even two, and keep your reps to under 6. make sure you are sleeping and eating well and you will see a difference.

remember- your muscles grow when you rest.

i wil try that. stupid question, but why should a person rest between sets for about 2 min? i knotice some guys walking around for a few min at my gym between sets. thanks

another question is, how much fat should i been taking in a day?

The_Colonel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The_Colonel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The_Colonel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The_Colonel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The_Colonel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The_Colonel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The_Colonel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The_Colonel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The_Colonel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The_Colonel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) The_Colonel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by fdmc.99 View Post
    i wil try that. stupid question, but why should a person rest between sets for about 2 min? i knotice some guys walking around for a few min at my gym between sets. thanks
    soem people are just there to socialize , but resting properly allows your muscle cells to replenish their energy stores.

not to brag, just gonna show some pics from my transformation from 1 and a half years ago till today.
    Attached Images

any one more thing, i know i lost alot of weight, but will my lose stomach skin (major) ever go away? i do ALOT of ab workouts and alot of cardio. thanks

dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    www.FITDAY.com

Try a 40/40/20 split of PRO CHO and FAT

Plug in a sample of what you usually have and tell me what the calories, protein, carbs and fat are at now.
    NPC Bodybuilder, Mother and Hater Extraordinaire

Sponsored by Prep & Rep Kitchen

niconico22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) niconico22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) niconico22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) niconico22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) niconico22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) niconico22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) niconico22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) niconico22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) niconico22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) niconico22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) niconico22 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hell I'm 31...dont get me started. Im just comin out.....

I am 6'5 and decent shape, but put on a beer gut over the past year or so...need to burn it off. Cardio or?

stathis723 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stathis723 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stathis723 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stathis723 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stathis723 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stathis723 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stathis723 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stathis723 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stathis723 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stathis723 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stathis723 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    your actually good to go, i know some1 at my gym that started at 35 and he growed pretty good

martymcfly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) martymcfly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) martymcfly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) martymcfly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) martymcfly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) martymcfly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) martymcfly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) martymcfly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) martymcfly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) martymcfly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) martymcfly is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    AWESOME photos!
    Certified Personal Trainer
    Certified Precision Nutritionist
    Always be learning.
    Knowledge < Intelligence < Wisdom