Tech_N9ne is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tech_N9ne is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tech_N9ne is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tech_N9ne is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tech_N9ne is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tech_N9ne is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tech_N9ne is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tech_N9ne is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tech_N9ne is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tech_N9ne is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tech_N9ne is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Playing football with a sprained wrist and ankle?

I sprained my wrist and ankle last night in a playoff game, and there both killing me. it hurts but i can limp walk on the ankle, i have it wrapped up. My wrist is fcuking killing me its in constant pain typing this hurts alot and i cant hold anything or rotate my wrist much. If i play another football game this saturday, how badly should i expect to mess up my wrist and ankle, and will i be able to bear the pain or should i take a ******** or something before the game?

Logical95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Logical95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Logical95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Logical95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Logical95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Logical95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Logical95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Logical95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Logical95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Logical95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Logical95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    LOL

Dont play man.....you will only eff up yourself more.....

Sprained ankles are no joke....wrists either....

At the college and pro level, sprained ankles can keep players out up to a month or more (esp if its a high ankle sprain.....)

And if you need to catch the ball or tackle with a sprained wrist, let me know how it feels......

you may do even more damage if u play......

Tech_N9ne is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tech_N9ne is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tech_N9ne is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tech_N9ne is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tech_N9ne is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tech_N9ne is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tech_N9ne is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tech_N9ne is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tech_N9ne is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tech_N9ne is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tech_N9ne is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Its the super bowl dude, i didnt lift 3 times a week every week since losing in the semifinals last year and go through the whole season to sit out the superbowl. I'm not ruling it out but i don't think i'll hurt myself too much more, i almost never get injured, and in the rare event i do its minor and goes away quickly without getting much worse.

SinewySam is on a distinguished road. (+10) SinewySam is on a distinguished road. (+10) SinewySam is on a distinguished road. (+10) SinewySam is on a distinguished road. (+10) SinewySam is on a distinguished road. (+10) SinewySam is on a distinguished road. (+10) SinewySam is on a distinguished road. (+10) SinewySam is on a distinguished road. (+10) SinewySam is on a distinguished road. (+10) SinewySam is on a distinguished road. (+10) SinewySam is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The superbowl? what are you talking about? your not in the NFL.

Whats more important, the soundness and health of your joints or participating in a GAME that in the end really means/decides absolutely nothing?

I know that not all people feel the same way, but to me and others football is something else. Much more then a sport. I've worked so hard over the past few years, and so have my 'mates. After failing to reach the finals(Our state calls it the super bowl) twice in 2 years, we made it and we are slight favorites. Just like the 10 other guys on the field i was a big part in getting this far, and I am a big part of what my team needs to win.(Im no all-star but im great at my position, and i play all special teams) And maybe its just me but this season wont even be half as good if the only game ive ever sat out was the biggest one of my football career, especially if we lose. I know i will have another chance at it next year, but id like to be apart of the 1st team to ever go undefeated in my school and realistically speaking with the kids were losing, i think we can make the super bowl again but idk if an undefeated season is within reach.

Valdeam has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Tech_N9ne View Post
    I know that not all people feel the same way, but to me and others football is something else. Much more then a sport. I've worked so hard over the past few years, and so have my 'mates. After failing to reach the finals(Our state calls it the super bowl) twice in 2 years, we made it and we are slight favorites. Just like the 10 other guys on the field i was a big part in getting this far, and I am a big part of what my team needs to win.(Im no all-star but im great at my position, and i play all special teams) And maybe its just me but this season wont even be half as good if the only game ive ever sat out was the biggest one of my football career, especially if we lose. I know i will have another chance at it next year, but id like to be apart of the 1st team to ever go undefeated in my school and realistically speaking with the kids were losing, i think we can make the super bowl again but idk if an undefeated season is within reach.
    Hey man,

Being a competitive athlete on the international level, I've gone through these scenarios countless times so I can understand what it is to feel dedicated and passionate about your sport...the "die-hard mentality." My sport was my life. 6 days a week, 6 hours a day, 50 weeks a year of training.
    However, is one game worth ending your career?.......Because that's all it takes.
    I herniated a disc in practice doing the most simple thing after my back had been nagging me for "just a few days". This was devastating to my career.
    I don't want to see someone else go through the same thing. In the end, weigh the pros and cons and make a SMART decision.
    I don't know how bad your sprains are, but if there was even the slightest possibility that one play could end in your sprains becoming legitimate injuries, I would sit it out bro. The healing process is not fun and it will take money, possibly surgery/therapy, and time. Time you could spend healing your current sprains and training yourself to be a better athlete come next time.

Good luck bro and let us know how it goes.

Valdeam

Jawsh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jawsh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jawsh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jawsh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jawsh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jawsh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jawsh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jawsh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jawsh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jawsh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jawsh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

i sugges you not to play football at all.