Lil Freek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lil Freek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lil Freek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lil Freek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lil Freek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lil Freek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lil Freek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lil Freek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lil Freek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lil Freek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lil Freek has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Lil Freek's Big and Broken Log

After about 6 months of being injured, I'm pushing to hit the gym again.

I dislocated my shoulder in May, severely sprained my foot in June, tore off my toenail in July, impaled my foot on a rusty spike in July. I've put on 15lbs of straight fat since May. My shoulder's regained most of it's mobility, and I've just seen a Sports Med Doctor who's got me going for an xray, an MRI, physio and masssage therapy. Suffice to say, I'm rusty and discouraged.

I'm starting with 2 days of weights/cardio, 1 day of jogging and 1 day of cardio-class.
    After 3 weeks of that, I'll move to 3x weights, 1x cardio, 2x class (kettleball and kickboxing). I'll keep that as my regular routine.

Weights day 1 (upper body):

Standing barbell row - 3x6
    Bench press - 3x6
    Shoulder press - 3x10
    EZ Bar curl - 3x8
    Skullcrusher - 3x8

Weights day 2 (lower body):

Squat - 3x6
    SLDL - 2x5
    Seated calf raise - 3x5
    Cable crunch - 3x12

On weights days, I'll be warming up with 7min on eliptical and finishing with 15min on the treadmill, at 4mph.
    Cardio days will include 15min on bike, 15min on stairmaster and 30min jog at 4-5mph. I'll be alternating the long-cardio exercise to keep my body surprised.

Current supps:
    Novodex XT (started Nov. 22)
    AllMax All Flex (started Dec. 1)
    CL Green Mag
    CL Purple Wraath
    CL White Flood
    CL Glycergrow
    CL Golden Finish
    IsoFlex Protein
    Glutamine

Current Height: 6'5
    Current Weight: 234lbs
    Bodyfat %: ~19%

-----
    Goal is left open. As I'm a former fatty, I'm just happy to not be fat and see some muscularity.
    I'm going to the Carribbean in April, so let's say 12% bodyfat by then.
    Still workin'

martymcfly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) martymcfly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) martymcfly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) martymcfly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) martymcfly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) martymcfly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) martymcfly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) martymcfly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) martymcfly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) martymcfly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) martymcfly is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    good luck with that injury, make sure to play it safe.
    how is the ALLflex going for you? i know its only Dec. 3rd, but any difference?
    Certified Personal Trainer
    Certified Precision Nutritionist
    Always be learning.
    Knowledge < Intelligence < Wisdom

Lil Freek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lil Freek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lil Freek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lil Freek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lil Freek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lil Freek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lil Freek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lil Freek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lil Freek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lil Freek has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Lil Freek has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Dec. 2nd - Day 1

Standing barbell row - 3x6 >> skipped - sore back from cardio class
    Bench press - 3x6x135lbs (using Shoulder Saver style)
    Shoulder press - 3x10 >> skipped - waiting for shoulder xrays
    DB Bicep Curl - 3x8x30lbs
    Skullcrusher - 3x8x40lbs

Wasn't a bad workout. I'm limiting my exercises to not re-injure myself. I'm also taking it light for now, don't want to hurt myself and not be able to resume exercising for weeks.

I was supposed to do legs, today, but my legs are STILL sore from last Saturday's BodyPump class. I'll work them out either tomorrow or Saturday afternoon. I'll be hitting the gym for cardio and core exercises, today.
    Still workin'

Originally Posted by martymcfly View Post
    good luck with that injury, make sure to play it safe.
    how is the ALLflex going for you? i know its only Dec. 3rd, but any difference?
    They make me burp, my girlfriend hates them

As for my joints... no difference yet. I'm not expecting much in the manner of my shoulders. I have xrays and MRI's to find out what's wrong.
    I'm hoping my knees and hip-flexor loosen up a bit, and that my elbows stop popping all the time. Tuesday involved lots of popping joints.

I'm assuming it'll take a week or 2 before the AllFlex really starts to work.
    Still workin'

martymcfly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) martymcfly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) martymcfly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) martymcfly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) martymcfly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) martymcfly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) martymcfly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) martymcfly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) martymcfly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) martymcfly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) martymcfly is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Lil Freek View Post
    They make me burp, my girlfriend hates them

As for my joints... no difference yet. I'm not expecting much in the manner of my shoulders. I have xrays and MRI's to find out what's wrong.
    I'm hoping my knees and hip-flexor loosen up a bit, and that my elbows stop popping all the time. Tuesday involved lots of popping joints.

I'm assuming it'll take a week or 2 before the AllFlex really starts to work.
    No joke. everyone with shoulders/rotator problems knows there is no "cure".
    but yeah let me know how the Xrays/MRI's go. keep going with the log!
    Always be learning.

Dec. 6th

Did legs on Saturday. Got busy at work on Friday, then went home to nap

Kinda annoyed that I didn't make it to the gym 3 times, last week... but I managed to stay active most of Saturday and Sunday. Need to find a cheap winter sport

Squat - 3x6x185lbs
    SLDL - 2x5x135lbs
    Standing calf raise - 3x8x135lbs
    Barbell shrugs - 3x8x135lbs
    Ab Crunch Machine - 3x10x30lbs
    Bridge - 2x 25 seconds

Was actually a decent workout. I know I can squat more, but I'm easing into it. No sense in hurting myself or tearing my legs so badly that I can't workout for a week.
    Still workin'

Dec 8th

Gonna hit up the gym 3 times this week (it's been scheduled for mon-wed-fri)

Did Chest and Tri's today.

Benchpress - 2x6x145lbs, 1x11x145lbs
    Skullcrusher - 3x10x40lbs
    Single Cable Tricep Extension - 2x10x25lbs

Still taking it easy. My shoulders felt like they were going to pop during the skullcrushers. Just holding 40lbs down at a 90 degree angle felt dangerous on the last set.

Went for xrays this morning, and have massage therapy on wednesday after my back/bi workout. Friday's physio therapy then legs.
    Bruised and battered is my ancient body, it seems.

It's been a week on AllMax AllFlex, and no major difference in my shoulders, but my elbows seems like they're popping less... I remember them popping during skullcrushers last week, and nothing today.

I go for my first jog in 7 years, this weekend... we'll see how my knees fare after 10 minutes of jogging on an actual treadmill
    Still workin'

good to see about the elbows. anticpating the job! eek! good luck!
    Always be learning.

Dec 11th

After the blizzard and striking transit system... it's getting a little harder to get to the gym. made it out on thursday night, though.

Was awesome to be back at my regular gym for a normal workout.

Barbell Row - 3x6x155lbs
    DB Shoulder press - 3x10x25lbs
    DB Bicep curl - 3x7x35lbs
    Skullcrusher - 3x10x40lbs

Was a weird workout. I could feel my right shoulder still recovering from massage therapy from the day before. I have a knot near the shoulder blade that was causing me lots of discomfort.

I started with barbell shoulder presses, but after I noticed my right arm was doing most of the work, and burning because of it, I switched to lighter weights to allow my left shoulder to catch up.

Since my triceps were completely healed from Monday, I decided to put in a single exercise to hit them - I have seriously lagging triceps, so I'll probably end up hitting them twice a week vs. once a week for everything else.
    Still workin'

well got bad news.
    My left shoulder is mangled. Physiotherapists told me to not lift anything for almost 2 months. I'm going to do the occasional squats and lunges to keep the legs going... do tri-weekly abs and back lifts... Left shoulder can't sustain any weightlifting of any kind.
    I'll be doing cardio @ 2-3 times a week... but that's bollocks.
    Still workin'