INFRNL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) INFRNL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) INFRNL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) INFRNL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) INFRNL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) INFRNL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) INFRNL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) INFRNL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) INFRNL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) INFRNL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) INFRNL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

My how much do you think this is worth &/or what do you think Thread!

ok Since I am pretty much just starting out and trying to find decent deals on decent equipment; I thought I would make this thread instead of too many.

POWER RACKS
    1. http://denver.craigslist.org/spo/900916989.html (Just wrote me back; Still available for $850) Is this a good deal @ $850????? approx 1 yr old (drive approx 30 miles)

1.5 http://denver.craigslist.org/spo/939172564.html (4-5 yrs old, Like new, used a few times, have option to buy bench and up to 810lbs of hamptons) Rack, tree, and 255lbs for $626, but will have to drive approx 80-100miles. rack $380, tree $60, Bench $150, Hamptons $0.73/lb

2. http://denver.craigslist.org/spo/904148990.html ( I think this is a WPR 78) Basically wanting to know if its any good?

3. http://cosprings.craigslist.org/spo/930057394.html ( He says $250 firm for rack only, but looks like one of the top bars is missing; $400 for everything)

LEG PRESS/ HACK SQUAT
    1. http://cosprings.craigslist.org/spo/916788318.html (Looks like they dropped the price by $50, lol)

or http://cosprings.craigslist.org/spo/935536726.html

or http://denver.craigslist.org/spo/925048871.html

http://denver.craigslist.org/spo/927334396.html

http://denver.craigslist.org/spo/900886931.html

MISC
    1. http://cosprings.craigslist.org/spo/938774920.html

thats it at the moment; I will work on organizing and updating. Thanks for your input

Edited and updated
    Last edited by INFRNL; 12-01-2008 at 11:40 AM.

INFRNL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) INFRNL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) INFRNL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) INFRNL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) INFRNL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) INFRNL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) INFRNL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) INFRNL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) INFRNL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) INFRNL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) INFRNL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    come on guys/gals/anyone; I know someones gotta have an opinion of some sort.

The first and only item under misc; I went at looked at tonight. Everything looked pretty much like new; so I am going to buy them. So far, got the guy down to $300 for everything, will try to get him down some more, but I think the 3 pieces are still worth $300.

My other biggest item I really would like input on is the first power rack unit. Thanks or I guess so far thanks for visiting, LOL.

deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I'd probably hold off on both of those power racks, both seem a little overpriced for CL.
    Shouldn't you be lifting something heavy instead of reading this?

[]---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 8
    Workout Equipment Crew: We do it on Power Racks
    Bashing the Bowflex since 2008 for DiamondDelts

Bulldozer feeds upon the weaker as they fall. Bulldozer crushes all! - Machine Head

Owes me a case of beer: dolson27

HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by deseee View Post
    I'd probably hold off on both of those power racks, both seem a little overpriced for CL.
    Not really for the Body Solid one. I got rid of the same rack about 3 months ago maybe for $360. It only had the lat attachment and that's it.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No.2

Lifetime reps: TheSuccessful1

Thanks, what do you think of this one http://cosprings.craigslist.org/spo/930057394.html He says $250 for the rack only and $400 for everything. The only thing I noticed was one of the top bars is missing; Im trying to find out if he still has it.

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    First thing:

Stop whatever you're doing (including reading this post), and go buy that $200 parabody sled. Damn dude those things almost always go for close to $300 or more without weight!

Next:
    Answering your other questions are very complicated. The tuff stuff package probably isn't a bad deal, but its not crazy or off the hook. If you like it, you won't be unhappy. I haven't seen one of those, but have heard they're very nice. The hamptons are quality/expensive plates. Know that you will have to purchase a bench with that one though.

The other one is too expensive...move on.

If you can't get deals in your area, but can afford to get what you want, I'd get the best deal you can and get to work. If you use it, it really won't matter if you slightly overpaid. Think of it as an investment.

Oh...you really need to start using the search function and looking all over the internet for info. If you find a deal on craigslist, but mess around on here waiting for replies.....you will miss great deals. If YOU know what something is worth and its quality, you will do well. You won't get that education without working. That's actually how I found this site. I was looking for info on equipment anywhere I could find it....now I do pretty good on my own, try to help when I can and I've stayed because of characters & the drama

Good luck.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #4 ▪█─────█▪

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

Originally Posted by HardKore79 View Post
    Not really for the Body Solid one. I got rid of the same rack about 3 months ago maybe for $360. It only had the lat attachment and that's it.
    so you had that body solid rack? how was it? I have seen them new online for $300 shipped. Im basically wanting to know of the quality.

The Tuff Stuff one seems like a fair price, but thinking a little more than I want to pay. i have tried to talk her down, but the lowest she will go is $850. However its like new, 1yr old, has that expensive selectorized 200lb lat attachment and 255lbs of Hampton weights with tree. Those hampton weights seem to be expensive too, but weights arent a big concern since they can be found too, but its a plus when items come with weights.

Just my $0.02

still looking though. need to find something fairly quick though as I do not have much to work with now, lol.

Originally Posted by Keetman View Post
    First thing:

Stop whatever you're doing (including reading this post), and go buy that $200 parabody sled. Damn dude those things almost always go for close to $300 or more without weight!

Next:
    Answering your other questions are very complicated. The tuff stuff package probably isn't a bad deal, but its not crazy or off the hook. If you like it, you won't be unhappy. I haven't seen one of those, but have heard they're very nice. The hamptons are quality/expensive plates. Know that you will have to purchase a bench with that one though.

The other one is too expensive...move on.

If you can't get deals in your area, but can afford to get what you want, I'd get the best deal you can and get to work. If you use it, it really won't matter if you slightly overpaid. Think of it as an investment.

Oh...you really need to start using the search function and looking all over the internet for info. If you find a deal on craigslist, but mess around on here waiting for replies.....you will miss great deals. If YOU know what something is worth and its quality, you will do well. You won't get that education without working. That's actually how I found this site. I was looking for info on equipment anywhere I could find it....now I do pretty good on my own, try to help when I can and I've stayed because of characters & the drama

Good luck.
    LOL, thats how I found this site too. Anyways, i am trying to get ahold of the guy with the leg press; havent heard from him yet. Also I have tried the search a little bit. and have tried on the net. I must be an idiot cause I have a hard time finding what I need or I find soo much info that it gets confusing. everybody has their own opinion and thats what makes it confusing. some like these , others dont, and like other things, etc.

I appreciate your input though and am continuing to research and look. I have tried to contact many of these people with no responses yet. may have went out of town for the holiday or maybe forgot about their listing, lol. I dont know. I am only in a rush for the rack but havent found a good enough deal to hurt, but i know what you mean about jumping on good deals. otherwise im not in too big a hurry.

deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deseee is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by INFRNL View Post
    Thanks, what do you think of this one http://cosprings.craigslist.org/spo/930057394.html He says $250 for the rack only and $400 for everything. The only thing I noticed was one of the top bars is missing; Im trying to find out if he still has it.
    The parabody is a good rack. I'd go ahead and get it with the bench & plates as the bench itself usually sells for at least $150 so it's like your getting free plates, maybe see if you can't buy just the hampton set from the other lady as the one that comes with the parabody looks like cap in which case the bar is likely ****. Normally I'd suggest waiting and finding one with a lat pulldown but since you plan on getting that stand alone tuff stuff it won't be a problem.

Bulldozer feeds upon the weaker as they fall. Bulldozer crushes all! - Machine Head

HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The parabody is a good rack. I'd go ahead and get it with the bench & plates as the bench itself usually sells for at least $150 so it's like your getting free plates, maybe see if you can't buy just the hampton set from the other lady as the one that comes with the parabody looks like cap in which case the bar is likely ****. Normally I'd suggest waiting and finding one with a lat pulldown but since you plan on getting that stand alone tuff stuff it won't be a problem.
    The parabody rack is missing the rear cross-member that connects the top pieces in the back. Now, they are using the pull-up bar to keep the ends secured. You can see that it's missing the pullup bar in front, and now it's located in the back. I thought that rack looked weird.

This how the Parabody rack should look like(not mine):

Thanks guys for your input. I did notice after my last couple of posts that the Parabody is missing 2 of the braces. I am still waiting to hear back too see if the guy has them. Im wondering if he just set it up like that for the photo. The way he has is is unusable.

I found another one; kind of looks like the parabody or tuff stuff, but think its a different brand. Looks really similar to the parabody but the pull-up bar is contoured. also comes with the cheaper lat attachment that takes free weights. also has bench and looks like they might be hampton weights. The guy will only go $600 which seems high. He says its about 8 years old and only used for 2.

At these prices, the tuff stuff seems like the best deal. I will keep looking; however I may just get the all the tuff stuff equipment from the lady and from the guy selling the other pieces. If it turns out that I like the plated lat on the tuff stuff; i can always resell the separate machine for what I paid; possibly more. Another option would be to see if anyone wants the pulley atchment off the rack. I will keep you posted on my findings. Im leaning on the tuff stuff though as a Body Craft or something similar to the parabody or tuff stuff is still around $5-600 for bare rack and no lat attach. makes the ladies deal look pretty good even though not a sweet deal.

Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keetman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks guys for your input. I did notice after my last couple of posts that the Parabody is missing 2 of the braces. I am still waiting to hear back too see if the guy has them. Im wondering if he just set it up like that for the photo. The way he has is is unusable.

I found another one; kind of looks like the parabody or tuff stuff, but think its a different brand. Looks really similar to the parabody but the pull-up bar is contoured. also comes with the cheaper lat attachment that takes free weights. also has bench and looks like they might be hampton weights. The guy will only go $600 which seems high. He says its about 8 years old and only used for 2.

At these prices, the tuff stuff seems like the best deal. I will keep looking; however I may just get the all the tuff stuff equipment from the lady and from the guy selling the other pieces. If it turns out that I like the plated lat on the tuff stuff; i can always resell the separate machine for what I paid; possibly more. Another option would be to see if anyone wants the pulley atchment off the rack. I will keep you posted on my findings. Im leaning on the tuff stuff though as a Body Craft or something similar to the parabody or tuff stuff is still around $5-600 for bare rack and no lat attach. makes the ladies deal look pretty good even though not a sweet deal.

I just don't think you'll be unhappy with the Tuff Stuff Package. I know its not cheap, but it is a deal and it is quality stuff. I paid $1200 for my first smith/half rack back in 1998 because I didn't know anything and there was no Craigslist.......I wish I'd done it differently, but its not that big of a deal; I've since moved on, but it worked well for me for a long time. Again, remember that you're still gonna need an FID with that unit, which begs the question....why doesn't she have one? Who buys a new rack with all that stuff and no bench?

Good luck.

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

Originally Posted by Keetman View Post
    I just don't think you'll be unhappy with the Tuff Stuff Package. I know its not cheap, but it is a deal and it is quality stuff. I paid $1200 for my first smith/half rack back in 1998 because I didn't know anything and there was no Craigslist.......I wish I'd done it differently, but its not that big of a deal; I've since moved on, but it worked well for me for a long time. Again, remember that you're still gonna need an FID with that unit, which begs the question....why doesn't she have one? Who buys a new rack with all that stuff and no bench?

Good luck.

I think they have a bench, but she said that they have another system that they use more. Im guessing a smith ensemble or something. so they probably just kept the bench for it. Or maybe they just used the cage for squat type exercises only. I am not sure. I do know they are getting rid of it for a tread mill.
    I know I will need a bench and I have found a few ranging from 50-150 all in excellent shape; so no worries.

I have recently found this one http://denver.craigslist.org/spo/939172564.html

guy says its 4-5 years old, only used a few times; he says he went to the gym instead. everything is like new. he said even the plates are nick free and would imagine arent scratched or anything.

He said 380 for cage, 150 for bench,, 60 for tree, and $0.73/lb for the Hampton weights. he has a bar too which I need to get a price on.

so now its a toss up. Im trying to talk him down on the bench since i found another like new, couple yrs ol for 100 obo.

so here is my comparison. 380+60+186 (for 255lbs of hamptons) which is equivilant to the original tuff stuff listing from the lady; minus a bar. Total is $626 and I have to drive about 1 hr or so more= approx 60 miles or so.

so $850 for unit with stacked plate hi/lo pulley vs little older unit like new for $626; difference of $224 more for newer unit with hi/lo stacked attach and save fuel and wear & tear on truck.

Still researching other racks as well; making slow progress. but will figure it out shortly.

I think they have a bench, but she said that they have another system that they use more. Im guessing a smith ensemble or something. so they probably just kept the bench for it. Or maybe they just used the cage for squat type exercises only. I am not sure. I do know they are getting rid of it for a tread mill.
    I know I will need a bench and I have found a few ranging from 50-150 all in excellent shape; so no worries.

I have recently found this one http://denver.craigslist.org/spo/939172564.html

guy says its 4-5 years old, only used a few times; he says he went to the gym instead. everything is like new. he said even the plates are nick free and would imagine arent scratched or anything.

He said 380 for cage, 150 for bench,, 60 for tree, and $0.73/lb for the Hampton weights. he has a bar too which I need to get a price on.

so now its a toss up. Im trying to talk him down on the bench since i found another like new, couple yrs ol for 100 obo.

so here is my comparison. 380+60+186 (for 255lbs of hamptons) which is equivilant to the original tuff stuff listing from the lady; minus a bar. Total is $626 and I have to drive about 1 hr or so more= approx 60 miles or so.

so $850 for unit with stacked plate hi/lo pulley vs little older unit like new for $626; difference of $224 more for newer unit with hi/lo stacked attach and save fuel and wear & tear on truck.

Still researching other racks as well; making slow progress. but will figure it out shortly.

He's also got a tuff stuff cable crossover and a set of db's up to 80lbs with racks????? He wants $3000 for everything...I'd offer him somewhere between $2000 and $2500 and walk away a very happy man. Again, not the greatest deal in the world, but VERY nice equipment and a total package....that cable cross will give you lots of options. Then all you'd need to do is drive to Columbus and pick up my leg press

Ivanko Crew #9
    York Barbell Crew #13

lol, If I could only spend that much right now, plus I have found better sets of dumbbells for probably less. It is a nice setup though. My main interest is the rack and bench but I think his price is a little high as described in my previous response to you.

I did pick up the 3 items in the misc items. May not need them, but seemed like a good deal. and as I said earlier to some degree; If I end up getting something that duplicates one of these items, then I will decide on what I want to keep and sell the other.

also on another note. I would be more than happy to buy the whole set, but i am currently limited to about $1500 I think because I have to spend $10,000 on new windows for the house. Otherwise I would probably see what kind of deal I could get on the whole package.

I think I have also decided that I really like this style rack and I like it more than the parabody, but wouldnt turn one down if I got a good deal. I think I am stuck to the pop pin sliding style racks (or whatever their called) more so than the ones with the long rods that have to be pulled out.

I also found a company called Keys fitness that make similar ones and have a full lifetime gurantee like Body solid, but not sure of the actual quality. looks to be good.

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions.....Don't they suck. Back to research and decisions, lol. will keep you posted

Infrnl, patience is a virtue when it comes to equipment. You may want to consider holding off until after the new year as all the people who bought new equipment will be selling their old and a lot of people will be giving up on those new years resolutions. I'm not saying don't buy now, but (field of dreams voice)if you wait the deal will come. I think I literally spent $500 total for my gym.

Infrnl, patience is a virtue when it comes to equipment. You may want to consider holding off until after the new year as all the people who bought new equipment will be selling their old and a lot of people will be giving up on those new years resolutions. I'm not saying don't buy now, but (field of dreams voice)if you wait the deal will come. I think I literally spent $500 total for my gym.
    Wow! Guess I screwed that one up then, lol. I am sitting at 400 already. I think I got a decent deal on the misc items above. will see how I like them. If not back to craigslist they go. Plus i got a 300lb set from sports authority for around $100 which is my $400.

you make a good point though. I just tend to get impatient. I can probably get by with what i have now I think to a point. will just have to find alternatives for exercises for the time being. Thanks for your input again.

By the way what all do you have for your gym? I believe you said you have a parabody rack and not sure what else
    Last edited by INFRNL; 12-01-2008 at 09:36 PM.

Why cant I edit my own OP anymore.... Anyway, The people selling the $200 press finally wrote back. You will never guess.....LOL Its already sold. The way i see it; If theres one great deal and you miss it; It's just a matter of time for another.

Wow! Guess I screwed that one up then, lol. I am sitting at 400 already. I think I got a decent deal on the misc items above. will see how I like them. If not back to craigslist they go. Plus i got a 300lb set from sports authority for around $100 which is my $400.

you make a good point though. I just tend to get impatient. I can probably get by with what i have now I think to a point. will just have to find alternatives for exercises for the time being. Thanks for your input again.

By the way what all do you have for your gym? I believe you said you have a parabody rack and not sure what else
    heres my gym
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...postcount=1454

Damn; what that a once in a lifetime deal on the rack, bench, weights, etc. $250 for all that. damn near unheard of. Nice job on your setup.

Damn; what that a once in a lifetime deal on the rack, bench, weights, etc. $250 for all that. damn near unheard of. Nice job on your setup.
    I think Pullbig has gotten a couple of similar deals around that $250-350 range. But yeah I was happy about that deal for sure.

Found this deal; Can anyone tell what brand rack this may be. Kind of hard to tell and am trying to get a hold of the guy. Seems like it may be a good deal.
    http://denver.craigslist.org/spo/942395238.html