Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Vinyard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

ed norton workout

Does anybody know what Edward Norton did to get as buff as he was in American History X? Don't think I want to look like Ed in that movie, for I didn't like his tattoo.

He, once you have read this, why don't think about helping me out on this one:

As stated in an earlier message, I'm looking for a portable fitness tool that allows me to keep my muscles on while on holidays. Going to a gym every three days while travelling is just impossible!
    I was surprised not to hear about any products available. Tonight, I saw 'the smart gym' on tv. You have to attach it to a door, you can do a lot of exercises with it. It uses four elastic ropes. Does anybody have experience with this equipment? How about it, is it worth the money or will I lose anyways?

WHAT DO YOU DO TO KEEP IT UP WHILE ON HOLIDAYS???
    I don't want to be a balloon that's losing air (like ed norton).

zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000) zackdarnell is just really nice. (+1000)

Re: ed norton workout

Originally posted by Vinyard

As stated in an earlier message, I'm looking for a portable fitness tool that allows me to keep my muscles on while on holidays. Going to a gym every three days while travelling is just impossible!
    I was surprised not to hear about any products available. Tonight, I saw 'the smart gym' on tv. You have to attach it to a door, you can do a lot of exercises with it. It uses four elastic ropes. Does anybody have experience with this equipment? How about it, is it worth the money or will I lose anyways?

WHAT DO YOU DO TO KEEP IT UP WHILE ON HOLIDAYS???
    I don't want to be a balloon that's losing air (like ed norton).
    Look into buying a kettlebell
    www.dragondoor.com
    --Zack
    www.FortifiedIron.com
    forums.FortifiedIron.com

RonnieWannabe will become famous soon enough. (+50) RonnieWannabe will become famous soon enough. (+50) RonnieWannabe will become famous soon enough. (+50) RonnieWannabe will become famous soon enough. (+50) RonnieWannabe will become famous soon enough. (+50) RonnieWannabe will become famous soon enough. (+50) RonnieWannabe will become famous soon enough. (+50) RonnieWannabe will become famous soon enough. (+50) RonnieWannabe will become famous soon enough. (+50) RonnieWannabe will become famous soon enough. (+50) RonnieWannabe will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yeah I'd be interested to know what kind of training and nutrition program Ed was on to pack on that mass in a relatively short period of time. I mean when you compare him from American History X to Fight Club, there definitely is a serious amount of difference. Maybe he had to juice big time??

And Brad Pitt also looked very respectable in Fight Club. Does anyone have any info on his program? His Chest, Arms, Shoulders and Traps were amazing in that film- and he was so ripped!
    "The greatest trick the devil ever pulled, was convincing the world he didn't exist..."

"We are the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world"

MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Norton almost certainly did a little hormonal management. Pitt had a body double for Fight Club.
    aut viam inveniam aut faciam

hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    in fight club I think he was 6'1 155. american history x 185-190. I would say likely hormonal management.

brainyblond has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Call me a newbie but is 'hormonal management' code for what I think it is?

hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) hawkpfc2 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    yup

squatlover has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squatlover has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squatlover has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squatlover has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squatlover has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squatlover has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squatlover has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squatlover has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squatlover has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squatlover has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squatlover has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by MiloMan
    Norton almost certainly did a little hormonal management. Pitt had a body double for Fight Club.
    Idon't see how he did because he strutted around without a shirt, and he didn't look bad.

shwaym has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shwaym has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shwaym has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shwaym has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shwaym has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shwaym has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shwaym has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shwaym has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shwaym has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shwaym has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shwaym has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    nope its true. i was pitt's body double
    "Not only do flexible hip flexors help you get "deep in the hole" while squatting, the same holds true for really good sex!" - Joe DeFranco
    "But don´t focuse on the weight too much. It´s only a number..." -Boris Kleine
    "I like the mass monsters myself if I wanted to see pussies I'd watch survivor". - InTheShadows
    hypertrophy-specific.com
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=272067

MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MiloMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally posted by squatlover
    I don't see how he did because he strutted around without a shirt, and he didn't look bad.
    That's part of the moviemaker's art: To fool the audience, and this movie excels in that area.

Go here and scroll down for credits on the huge number of special affects and visual effects people that worked on this movie:

http://us.imdb.com/Credits?0137523

What an effects army!

Think about some of the incredible things you've seen in films recently - things that you KNOW weren't real. They looked pretty real, though, didn't they? It's a far easier thing to make you think you're seeing Pitt, when you really aren't.

shwaym has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shwaym has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shwaym has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shwaym has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shwaym has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shwaym has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shwaym has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shwaym has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shwaym has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shwaym has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shwaym has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    uhhh there are tons of CGI scenes in that movie (the intro, the stove, the explosions etc) so why do u think they use them on the actors...why bother? its not a chic flick, makes no sense, itd be noticeable
    "Not only do flexible hip flexors help you get "deep in the hole" while squatting, the same holds true for really good sex!" - Joe DeFranco
    "But don´t focuse on the weight too much. It´s only a number..." -Boris Kleine
    "I like the mass monsters myself if I wanted to see pussies I'd watch survivor". - InTheShadows
    hypertrophy-specific.com
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=272067

Go ahead and believe it's all Pitt if you want.

MikeD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have yet to see any proof that Brad Pitt used a body double in Fight Club, All I've heard is hearsay. So, Untill I see Proof, it was all Brad in fight club.

I'd hate to see anyone deprived of their dearly-held and fragile illusions, so believe anything you want. By the way, you might go for this too:

Flat Earth Society

DaveB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    he may have had a stunt double for action scenes, that's common. He is pretty jacked though. At no point has his mass ever amazed me but he's definitely got low bf and a good body. It's visible in other flicks too. Like Snatch.

DC20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah, he's ripped in all his movies. I'm sure he had a stunt double but he didn't have a body double in all his movies when he walked around w/ his shirt off. Why would you even think he had a special body double to look ripped up?

Train smarter not harder amusclehead's Avatar
    amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) amusclehead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    anybody who wants brad pitt's body = lol. he isn't built or anything, just extremly low bodyfat

and e. norton's routine is no secret; he juiced and has good genetics. you juice and have good genetics and watch how much you blow up
    Booo

ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000) ROCK CRUSHER is just really nice. (+1000)
    ED did some "cycles" for X!

i don't know if he used a bdouble for Fight Club, but i've seen him ripped (long shots) in older flix
    like Kalifornia and Thelma & Louise.
    "i just might fade into Bolivian" ~ MIKE TYSON

stevoleary has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    who gives a **** about brad pitt. if it was him or not who cares

squatlover has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squatlover has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squatlover has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squatlover has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squatlover has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squatlover has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squatlover has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squatlover has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squatlover has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squatlover has a spectacular aura about. (+250) squatlover has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally posted by stevoleary
    who gives a **** about brad pitt. if it was him or not who cares
    people on this thread apparently.

TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Just like in bodybuilding photoshoots, lighting had a major role in making Pitt look the way he did, he's probably 6-8% bf, 170 punds. Probably short too.

Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sonny is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by amusclehead

and e. norton's routine is no secret; he juiced and has good genetics. you juice and have good genetics and watch how much you blow up
    Do you really think he has good genetics? I'm not arguing with you because he did bulk up quite a bit, but when he's untrained he looks pretty scrawny and feable!

back up to the top!!

I read on one ed norton website that ed didn't give many specifics to his workout routine (he put on 30 pouunds). He says that he just continously ate and worked out for 3 months.

3 MONTHS for 30 pounds of PURE MUSCLE!! Who is he kidding? He clearly juiced. He also says that Arnie called him up to ask him if he had juiced. More like he called up Arnie to ask about juice.

TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TarvMan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I think 30 pounds in 3 months is pretty astounding, yet acheivable with a solid schedule. If you dont regularly lift heavy and eat heavy your initial change ca ncome rather rapidly. Also keep in mind that he probably had a personal trainer and nutritionalist to help him keep track of his prgram and meals.

cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000) cramron is just really nice. (+1000)
    i jsut saw "X" for the first time like 3 days ago and i must say, i am really impressed with the upper body bulk he had, very much has the genetics to get much bigger than what he was, his pecs were pretty thick

Well, I definitely do not believe Brad Pitt used a double to look buff. It's common knowledge that Pitt loves to work-out. Any thin person can look like that after one month of disciplined training. It's said that just before scenes in which he shows his upper body, Pitt went to the gym (which is available at every movie ground). Of course you'll look big. I look totally different just after working out than 12 hours later.
    Is Pitt short? I don't know, I've seen him in Madame Tussaud's. He's just like me, 6 ft and about 1/4 ''.
    In Europe, tha means you're above average.
    Arnold by the way is not that tall either, 6 ft 1,5''.
    But he's buff standing in Tussaud's London. Does anyone know if Arnold is buff nowadays, or does he just picks up the weights when there's a movie to make.

8bushido8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I was under the impression that norton ate a **** load and lifted a **** load for a few months

it's a good possiblity to put on 20 pounds in a couple of months. he's also a short guy. prolly had trainers and nutritionists. you remember when you first started working out seriously how much weight you put on after 4 or 5 months?

plus that shaved head, facial hair, and tattooes make him look REALLY bad ass and "big" in my opinion. anyone else agree?
    warrior code

If he had put on 30 pounds of weight (muscle and fat) then it would have been astounding. But he still had a low bf, so I think he had help. Anyhow, I would havethought that he would have got the script in the post, read it, and only had a short time to put on the bulk. he wouldn't have known whether he had good genetics or not. For all he knew, he may have been a hardgaine, so I think he took roids to ensure that he looked the part,

Is it easier for a short guy to get pumped? I don't think so. Ed is not short in my op.
    Talkin about short I'd say Tom -Kleine Mannetje- Cruise, as he's called here in Holland.

he is 6'1 150 normally