descartes is on a distinguished road. (+10) descartes is on a distinguished road. (+10) descartes is on a distinguished road. (+10) descartes is on a distinguished road. (+10) descartes is on a distinguished road. (+10) descartes is on a distinguished road. (+10) descartes is on a distinguished road. (+10) descartes is on a distinguished road. (+10) descartes is on a distinguished road. (+10) descartes is on a distinguished road. (+10) descartes is on a distinguished road. (+10)

protein /carb ratio for building mucles

Could somebody please assist /direct me to a link or explain what might be so simple as to the correct combination of Carbs to protein per meal per day to grow muscle.

If possible , it would be appreciated if you could also display your diet which includes the proportion of Carbs to protein for breakfast, lunch and dinner

Thank you
    Give me some Protein man!!

Protein Synthesis :)

81cep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ok i think i have an old diet, hang ten and ill try and cut and paste it.

81cep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Cant find it, ill write it as best i can to how i eat day by day.

There are 7 days to my eating plan.
    Day 1. Chicken
    Day 2. Meat
    Day 3. Fish
    Day 4. Eggs
    Day 5. Chicken
    Day 6. Meat
    Day 7. Whatever i want

Day 1.
    Breakfast
    2 x Egg whites
    1/4 cup oats in lite milk
    Table spoon flaxseed oil

morning tea
    Small apple
    Protein shake

Lunch
    100g chicken/meat/fish or eggs (normally 2 egg whites 1 x yolk)
    vegies
    1/2 cup rice

Afternoon tea
    2 x rice cakes
    protein shake

dinner
    100g chicken/meat/fish/eggs, and vegies.

before bed
    green tea/ camomile tea

hope this helps???

the bigger the better nicoledominique's Avatar
    nicoledominique has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nicoledominique has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nicoledominique has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nicoledominique has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nicoledominique has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nicoledominique has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nicoledominique has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nicoledominique has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nicoledominique has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nicoledominique has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nicoledominique has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You only mentioned protein and carbs - but don't forget your fats!

A lot of people use this ratio:

40/40/20 (protein, carbs, fat)

I like a bit more protein, personally:

50/25/25

You'll have to play around and find out what works best for you. Try using fitday.com or a similar site so you can see the breakdown of everything - which will make it a bit easier. It's a lot of work, but it is worth it.

red_hot_tamale is on a distinguished road. (+10) red_hot_tamale is on a distinguished road. (+10) red_hot_tamale is on a distinguished road. (+10) red_hot_tamale is on a distinguished road. (+10) red_hot_tamale is on a distinguished road. (+10) red_hot_tamale is on a distinguished road. (+10) red_hot_tamale is on a distinguished road. (+10) red_hot_tamale is on a distinguished road. (+10) red_hot_tamale is on a distinguished road. (+10) red_hot_tamale is on a distinguished road. (+10) red_hot_tamale is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by nicoledominique View Post

I like a bit more protein, personally:

50/25/25
    Is this in grams or percentages? I was going to post a similar question but luckily came across this thread. I am trying to figure out a good ratio of protein/carbs/fat too!!!
    There is nothing noble in being superior to some other man. The true nobility is in being superior to your previous self.

erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) erinlee01 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My trainer recently put me on a 30/60/10 diet (p/c/f). I am for a total of about 2200 calories - 160 g protein, 320 g carbs, 24 g fat. No matter what your percentages, protein should be at least 1 g per pound of body weight to build muscle.

Before she switched me, I was doing a 40/40/20 diet with around 1600 calories. I haven't noticed any weight gain since I've gone up, but I definitely have seen muscle gain.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=17995794

descartes is on a distinguished road. (+10) descartes is on a distinguished road. (+10) descartes is on a distinguished road. (+10) descartes is on a distinguished road. (+10) descartes is on a distinguished road. (+10) descartes is on a distinguished road. (+10) descartes is on a distinguished road. (+10) descartes is on a distinguished road. (+10) descartes is on a distinguished road. (+10) descartes is on a distinguished road. (+10) descartes is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    So, what you guys are saying is always eat more carbs than protein per meal and as long as you follow the 1g/pound rule?
    Give me some Protein man!!

Protein Synthesis :)

tishtash is on a distinguished road. (+10) tishtash is on a distinguished road. (+10) tishtash is on a distinguished road. (+10) tishtash is on a distinguished road. (+10) tishtash is on a distinguished road. (+10) tishtash is on a distinguished road. (+10) tishtash is on a distinguished road. (+10) tishtash is on a distinguished road. (+10) tishtash is on a distinguished road. (+10) tishtash is on a distinguished road. (+10) tishtash is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Right now I am aiming for 40/30/25. I would like more protein, but man it is almost impossible for me to eat that much protein, mostly because I don't eat enough at lunch. I am going to start pre-cooking on Sundays though.
    Do not confuse the conditions in your life with the truth about you. Conditions may be influential, but they are not immutable.
    Conditions can, and do change!
    Circumstances may have an effect, but they are not the deciding factors in your life. Do not allow what is going on around you to determine what comes through you. Do not allow your self to believe that what happens to you can in any way alter the truth about you!

jinka30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hey guys im doing insanity workout so can i take ON Gold Standard whey protein with it...
    thnaks for ur reply