justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

do rotator cuff exercises prevent a popped shoulder from happening?

because my shoulders are pretty screwed up, and they click/shift or something during some lifting movements and swimming

last time during swimming i felt my right shoulder clicking/shifting and it felt like if it would have done it with twice the force, it would have popped. now i imagine my shoulder popping all the time while swimming.

ken2008 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Stop all sport activities especially if you feel any pain, even small.

RC exercises will strengthen RC muscles but after you will need to strengthen your bigger muscles too, the deltoids, the pecs, your back muscles etc.
    For this you will need to do some bodybuilding workout.

justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    thanks, i lift weights and did a shoulder workout yesterday, so they will help then? cos im not really sure what exactly causes some shoulders to be prone to dislocation

shoulders are prone to dislocation when the ligaments and rc muscles for some reason are weak, could be genetical, could be some injury.
    It could be also an injury during a sport activity like swimming, if you don't have the correct technic a small injury starts and becomes more serious over time. This could weaken the rc tendons which will result in weak rc muscles and the shoulder will eventually become loose.

I believe you must give up swimming for some time and try to strengthen you shoulder muscles, probably it could be a good idea to visit a doctor before it gets more serious because it looks like it will.

thanks ken, im planning on seeing a chiropractor and physiotherapist soon, since i have always experienced all sorts of problems/minor injuries/overuse in any joints that i use a lot in exercise (knees from biking, ankles from running, shoulders from swimming, etc. etc)

from what I see you are 20 years old only and you have several problems already, sorry about that.
    Probably it would be a good idea to give up all those sports, they are bad for your joints. BB could be the solution for you because you will get stronger and it does not require a repeatitive use of your joints