sandburger has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Snapped up my wrists

Hey guys, I'm a 19 y/o male who works out regularly and lucky to never have had an injury in the gym before. But roughly three weeks ago I was doing my last bicep and forearm workouts for the day, wrist curls and reverse wrist curls. I did this exercise with pretty heavy weights, a bit heavier than I'm used to. At the time it didn't really hurt but a couple days after i could feel it basically 24/7. The pain was never that bad really just that did, and still feel it now, when I wake up and when i lift. I have to lower my weights on all my workouts pretty much, because my wrists cant fully do their part. Please help, I haven't gone to a doctor yet which I probably will do soon, and I know it's not arthritis.

3DarkAngel6 is a name known to all. (+5000) 3DarkAngel6 is a name known to all. (+5000) 3DarkAngel6 is a name known to all. (+5000) 3DarkAngel6 is a name known to all. (+5000) 3DarkAngel6 is a name known to all. (+5000) 3DarkAngel6 is a name known to all. (+5000) 3DarkAngel6 is a name known to all. (+5000) 3DarkAngel6 is a name known to all. (+5000) 3DarkAngel6 is a name known to all. (+5000) 3DarkAngel6 is a name known to all. (+5000) 3DarkAngel6 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by sandburger View Post
    Hey guys, I'm a 19 y/o male who works out regularly and lucky to never have had an injury in the gym before. But roughly three weeks ago I was doing my last bicep and forearm workouts for the day, wrist curls and reverse wrist curls. I did this exercise with pretty heavy weights, a bit heavier than I'm used to. At the time it didn't really hurt but a couple days after i could feel it basically 24/7. The pain was never that bad really just that did, and still feel it now, when I wake up and when i lift. I have to lower my weights on all my workouts pretty much, because my wrists cant fully do their part. Please help, I haven't gone to a doctor yet which I probably will do soon, and I know it's not arthritis.
    How long has it been since then?

Take a break till your wrists are fine again if it has been more than 4 days
    ~Dont do half the work unless you're satisfied with half the results~

Originally Posted by 3DarkAngel6 View Post
    How long has it been since then?

Take a break till your wrists are fine again if it has been more than 4 days
    It has been 3 weeks since the initial incident, and even then I took a weeks break. Now I just take it easier in the gym.

checkin will become famous soon enough. (+50) checkin will become famous soon enough. (+50) checkin will become famous soon enough. (+50) checkin will become famous soon enough. (+50) checkin will become famous soon enough. (+50) checkin will become famous soon enough. (+50) checkin will become famous soon enough. (+50) checkin will become famous soon enough. (+50) checkin will become famous soon enough. (+50) checkin will become famous soon enough. (+50) checkin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by sandburger View Post
    It has been 3 weeks since the initial incident, and even then I took a weeks break. Now I just take it easier in the gym.
    i'd invest in some wrist wraps. They help keep the wrists straight during exercises such as bench press, db press and curls. Wrist pain can be common when you don't keep your wrists straight during these exercises. I know in your case bending at the wrists is required when training forearms, but wrist wraps should help during the recovery process.
    trance/hardstyle/hardcore

Originally Posted by checkin View Post
    i'd invest in some wrist wraps. They help keep the wrists straight during exercises such as bench press, db press and curls. Wrist pain can be common when you don't keep your wrists straight during these exercises. I know in your case bending at the wrists is required when training forearms, but wrist wraps should help during the recovery process.
    Thanks, I will definitely look into some wraps. I noticed yesterday while doing some wrist curls that my wrists were pretty straight but a little bit bent to the side, forearm still straight but the joint bending. Probably explains the pain.

cartermathis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cartermathis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cartermathis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cartermathis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cartermathis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cartermathis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cartermathis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cartermathis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cartermathis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cartermathis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cartermathis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by checkin View Post
    Wrist wraps would just be a band aid to the problem honestly. It doesn't fix it, just covers it up. If it hurts like you say it does, you need to stop working out and go see a doctor already. It's been over three weeks and you still haven't seen a doctor and continued working out, that's the problem.
    "Aesthetics aside, heavier is eventually necessary if stronger is to occur, and once most people see that weight gain actually makes them look better (amazingly enough), they become less resistant to the idea." -Mark Rippetoe