neowings is a complete loser! (-2000) neowings is a complete loser! (-2000) neowings is a complete loser! (-2000) neowings is a complete loser! (-2000) neowings is a complete loser! (-2000) neowings is a complete loser! (-2000) neowings is a complete loser! (-2000) neowings is a complete loser! (-2000) neowings is a complete loser! (-2000) neowings is a complete loser! (-2000) neowings is a complete loser! (-2000)

Hamstrings sore after t-bar row, how can I avoid it?

My hamstrings/inner tight are sore on the next day after doing t-bar row with V-grip. How can I avoid this?? Do I slant backwards more or lean frontwards with legs bend??

J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'd just stretch my hammies after you're done doing T-bar rows. They should acclimate over time.

neowings is a complete loser! (-2000) neowings is a complete loser! (-2000) neowings is a complete loser! (-2000) neowings is a complete loser! (-2000) neowings is a complete loser! (-2000) neowings is a complete loser! (-2000) neowings is a complete loser! (-2000) neowings is a complete loser! (-2000) neowings is a complete loser! (-2000) neowings is a complete loser! (-2000) neowings is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Originally Posted by J_Bo View Post
    I'd just stretch my hammies after you're done doing T-bar rows. They should acclimate over time.
    I did and yet still sore.

HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HitItHard is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    why are you complaining? more work for your hamstrings bro. thats a good thing

Originally Posted by HitItHard View Post
    why are you complaining? more work for your hamstrings bro. thats a good thing
    Because the next day I have to run and it hinders my performance and form.

Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000) Rune is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Work you hamstrings more... if tbars are making them sore then your either doing them wrong, or you don't do that much hamstring work to begin with.

I can deadlift/squat and still manage to run the next day just fine.
    Don't get set into one form, adapt it and build your own, and let it grow, be like water. Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. - Bruce Lee

Registered User gridironwarrior's Avatar
    gridironwarrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) gridironwarrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) gridironwarrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) gridironwarrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) gridironwarrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) gridironwarrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) gridironwarrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) gridironwarrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) gridironwarrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) gridironwarrior is on a distinguished road. (+10) gridironwarrior is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by neowings View Post
    My hamstrings/inner tight are sore on the next day after doing t-bar row with V-grip. How can I avoid this?? Do I slant backwards more or lean frontwards with legs bend??
    Are you not bending your knees?

I sometimes do T bar rows, but when I do them, I always do it off a box and kinda get into a squat position, but only squatting down like an inch. My back is flat and my knees are slightly bent when I perform T bar rows.
    Football > Rugby, end of story.

Originally Posted by gridironwarrior View Post
    Are you not bending your knees?

I sometimes do T bar rows, but when I do them, I always do it off a box and kinda get into a squat position, but only squatting down like an inch. My back is flat and my knees are slightly bent when I perform T bar rows.
    Well, I will try bending my knees more and see what happens.

Thanks everyone.