irish0418 will become famous soon enough. (+50) irish0418 will become famous soon enough. (+50) irish0418 will become famous soon enough. (+50) irish0418 will become famous soon enough. (+50) irish0418 will become famous soon enough. (+50) irish0418 will become famous soon enough. (+50) irish0418 will become famous soon enough. (+50) irish0418 will become famous soon enough. (+50) irish0418 will become famous soon enough. (+50) irish0418 will become famous soon enough. (+50) irish0418 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

What's the difference between figure and physique?

I've heard of competing in figure and in physique...what's the difference?

Behemoth1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Behemoth1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Behemoth1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Behemoth1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Behemoth1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Behemoth1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Behemoth1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Behemoth1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Behemoth1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Behemoth1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Behemoth1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by irish0418 View Post
    figure and fitness maybe? My first competition was "physique competition" they judged all the guys and girls by the same bodybuilding standards but that wasn't an npc show. if you do an npc show it will broken up into figure and fitness categories

irish0418 will become famous soon enough. (+50) irish0418 will become famous soon enough. (+50) irish0418 will become famous soon enough. (+50) irish0418 will become famous soon enough. (+50) irish0418 will become famous soon enough. (+50) irish0418 will become famous soon enough. (+50) irish0418 will become famous soon enough. (+50) irish0418 will become famous soon enough. (+50) irish0418 will become famous soon enough. (+50) irish0418 will become famous soon enough. (+50) irish0418 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Behemoth1 View Post
    figure and fitness maybe? My first competition was "physique competition" they judged all the guys and girls by the same bodybuilding standards but that wasn't an npc show. if you do an npc show it will broken up into figure and fitness categories
    I'm a little confused....is there a category where women have a little more 'softer' look? Is it model or bikini? I could have sworn I saw it as a separate category somewhere.

Behemoth1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Behemoth1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Behemoth1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Behemoth1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Behemoth1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Behemoth1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Behemoth1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Behemoth1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Behemoth1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Behemoth1 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Behemoth1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm a little confused....is there a category where women have a little more 'softer' look? Is it model or bikini? I could have sworn I saw it as a separate category somewhere.
    Well with the NPC there is female bodybuilding which is the extreme end of the spectrum. Hardest, sharpest, biggest wins. then theres figure, which is a more "toned look" i guess. Apparently in 2009 NPC will be adding a Bikini divisions where they will be looking for an even softer look than the figure girls.

Seems like they're just coming up with more divisions to accomodate additional bodyfat. be sure to look out for the npc obese division in 2012

labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Question

Fitness has a Routine round & a physique round. Is that what you were thinking of?

jumper11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jumper11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jumper11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jumper11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jumper11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jumper11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jumper11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jumper11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jumper11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jumper11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jumper11 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Good question.
    INBA has figure and physique. That is th eonly organization that I know of that has it....but there could be others.
    The only true difference is that in physique the ladies do the standard bodybuilding poses with opened hands (ie: front double bicep, side chest, etc). Typically the physique girls tend to come in slightly harder. I believe INBA started it b/c of the amount of international competitiors they have at their larger shows and overseas, there is no such thing as "figure", they only have "physique."
    Hope this helps.
    BLESSINGS,
    Laura Bailey
    www.leanlikelaura.com

jumper11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jumper11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jumper11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jumper11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jumper11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jumper11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jumper11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jumper11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jumper11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jumper11 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jumper11 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I just finished reading this thread in the same forum.
    FAME is starting a "Figure-Physique" round that is certainly different from INBA's. Check it out and read up on it. The organizations are starting to make everything so confusing...SIMPLICITY is key here!!!!! LOL.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post251702611
    BLESSINGS,
    Laura Bailey
    www.leanlikelaura.com

Tifferzzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tifferzzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tifferzzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tifferzzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tifferzzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tifferzzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tifferzzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tifferzzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tifferzzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tifferzzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tifferzzz will become famous soon enough. (+50)

5 Different Competition Categories?

Flex Magazine had a page of 2013 winners that defined the women by five categories:
    1. Figure
    2. Bikini
    3. Women's Bodybuilding
    4. Fitness
    5. Women's Physique
    I've had an extensive amount of people ask if I ever planned on doing any kind of competition of this kind. Currently the answer's no, however, I'm curious as to the differences in these categories. I'm short - 5'3, and roughly 195 pounds. I've never been able to lean out harder than 175 and definitely not to the extent of striated. If I were looking to create a goal of competition - what are your thoughts as to what category I would be best focusing on?
    "The reality is that neither strength nor technique will adequately compensate for a considerable lack of the other.....Excellent technique and poor strength will produce a mediocre athlete; excellent strength and poor technique will produce a mediocre athlete. Neither can be neglected for the sake of developing the other, and the two must be developed in concert - " Greg Everett, Olympic Weightlifting