newbie3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) newbie3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) newbie3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) newbie3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) newbie3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) newbie3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) newbie3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) newbie3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) newbie3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) newbie3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) newbie3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Basketball Player Needs Help!!!

I love to play basketball and want to improve. Now, I know that, in basketball, you can be good without being incredibly strong, well-built, etc. But it certainly helps to be strong.

I am a teen who isn't able to go to the gym very often, so I have to work with what I've got at home. I don't have extensive equipment. I only have a jump rope, one of those big bouncy ball things, a few dumbbells (very few; only up to about 15 pounds), and, of course, common things around the home. I've been doing some basic exercises, things like push-ups, jump roping, etc. I have seen some progress, but I've still got a long way to go.

Now, I'm not looking to become a bodybuilder. I just want to get stronger and improve at basketball. In particular, my pecs aren't very big. I also wouldn't mind getting a 6-pack and improving my entire body, my legs, as well. Keep in mind that I'm currently thin and probably have a low body fat percentage (I think somewhere around 6-8%).

Would anyone be able to give me a simple workout program or even just a list of exercises to do? I'd like the stuff to be geared towards basketball, but, obviously, I also wouldn't mind just getting stronger and in better shape, in general. Remember that I don't have much to work with. Thanks so much!

P.S. I would like to increase my vertical leap for basketball. Any tips for that? Thanks!

newbie3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) newbie3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) newbie3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) newbie3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) newbie3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) newbie3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) newbie3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) newbie3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) newbie3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) newbie3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) newbie3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    anyone?

giftedman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) giftedman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) giftedman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) giftedman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) giftedman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) giftedman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) giftedman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) giftedman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) giftedman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) giftedman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) giftedman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Take a look the first sticky in the "Workout Program" section. http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=5310323 It gives some great workouts you can do to get stronger without weights.

Also in Kelly Baggett's "Vertical Jump Bible" he has a routine you can do to get your vert up with no weights and a minimal amount of equipment.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=106551701
    Last edited by giftedman; 11-25-2008 at 01:04 PM.
    Current - Goal
    B - 370 - 440 +
    S - 405 - 545 +
    D - 500 - 600 +

My Training Journal - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=122755081

Thank you so much!

BTW, do you know if this is effective for getting a six pack??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOri5Tlm23c

So would the best way to get bigger pecs with limited equipment be push-ups and dumbbell flies? I actually haven't tried many dumbbell flies before, so I can't remember how heavy the dumbbell should be. Will 15 pounds be enough?

adam247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adam247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adam247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adam247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adam247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adam247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adam247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adam247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adam247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adam247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adam247 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by newbie3 View Post
    I love to play basketball and want to improve. Now, I know that, in basketball, you can be good without being incredibly strong, well-built, etc. But it certainly helps to be strong.

I am a teen who isn't able to go to the gym very often, so I have to work with what I've got at home. I don't have extensive equipment. I only have a jump rope, one of those big bouncy ball things, a few dumbbells (very few; only up to about 15 pounds), and, of course, common things around the home. I've been doing some basic exercises, things like push-ups, jump roping, etc. I have seen some progress, but I've still got a long way to go.

Now, I'm not looking to become a bodybuilder. I just want to get stronger and improve at basketball. In particular, my pecs aren't very big. I also wouldn't mind getting a 6-pack and improving my entire body, my legs, as well. Keep in mind that I'm currently thin and probably have a low body fat percentage (I think somewhere around 6-8%).

Would anyone be able to give me a simple workout program or even just a list of exercises to do? I'd like the stuff to be geared towards basketball, but, obviously, I also wouldn't mind just getting stronger and in better shape, in general. Remember that I don't have much to work with. Thanks so much!

P.S. I would like to increase my vertical leap for basketball. Any tips for that? Thanks!

I use to play national league basketball before I became a bodybuilder, Am training a basketball player in the BBL in the UK at the moment if your interested.

The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) The_LB_43 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    teenbodybuilding.com
    hit training, then hit working oout at home
    I rep U.S. Marines on sight.

9/26 - 165lb, 245 bench, 345 squat, 430 deadlift ,205 powerclean, 4.75 40, Must haz moar speedz and x-plosion :(

5'6" and completly flat-footed with almost 0% arch
    Rugby right now...hopefully can be a runningback next year for football
    Everyone wants to fight until they get punched in the mouth
    Negged because I refused to nuthug a cocky f*ggot