justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

are bench dips okay for a lower chest exercise?

im not strong enough to do dips with my feet off the floor, so i do bench dips instead, like these http://bodybuilding.com/fun/exercise...ame=Bench+Dips

and i read to emphasize the chest u need to lean forward and flare out your elbows so i try to do that as much as possible when doing these. is this okay?

or should i just do normal tricep dips and forget about training my lower chest (only do incline and flat bench presses also since there are no decline benches in my gym)

SquatDeadPress is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquatDeadPress is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquatDeadPress is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquatDeadPress is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquatDeadPress is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquatDeadPress is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquatDeadPress is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquatDeadPress is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquatDeadPress is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquatDeadPress is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquatDeadPress is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I just don't see how you could lean foward doing bench dips but that's just me.

justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    haha.. i tried to force it but im not sure if i succeeded.

in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Better left for your triceps. I wouldn't try contorting your body when there are more natural ways of skinning the cat.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

SquatDeadPress is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquatDeadPress is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquatDeadPress is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquatDeadPress is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquatDeadPress is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquatDeadPress is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquatDeadPress is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquatDeadPress is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquatDeadPress is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquatDeadPress is on a distinguished road. (+10) SquatDeadPress is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by justanothagirl View Post
    im not strong enough to do dips with my feet off the floor, so i do bench dips instead, like these http://bodybuilding.com/fun/exercise...ame=Bench+Dips

and i read to emphasize the chest u need to lean forward and flare out your elbows so i try to do that as much as possible when doing these. is this okay?

or should i just do normal tricep dips and forget about training my lower chest (only do incline and flat bench presses also since there are no decline benches in my gym)
    Leaning foward does emphasize the chest more. The more you lean foward the easier the exercise becomes because your chest is stronger than your triceps. If your gym has an assisted dips machine you could try that. This is crazy idea but maybe you could take one of those elastic band things and put them under your feet to help you up? haha it sounds crazy but it just might work.

thanks guys i think ill do them for my triceps then haha, they felt weird as well, not at all effective

sweetgirl87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sweetgirl87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sweetgirl87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sweetgirl87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sweetgirl87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sweetgirl87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sweetgirl87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sweetgirl87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sweetgirl87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sweetgirl87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sweetgirl87 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I really feel bench dips in my tri's. Not really in the chest though.

Sem213 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sem213 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sem213 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sem213 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sem213 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sem213 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sem213 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sem213 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sem213 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sem213 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sem213 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by sweetgirl87 View Post
    I really feel bench dips in my tri's. Not really in the chest though.
    Same here. Very good tricep exercise, but I don't think it hits the chest as much as normal dips.