green(bean)machine brandibopeep's Avatar
    brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000)

Is this your first bulk?

It's mine and I am determined to make some gains and not get discouraged enough to quit early....I can already see it's gonna be challenging. This weekend our weather turned cooler and I needed to dig out my jeans. I have never been a girl that fretted over clothing sizes or the number on the scale BUT trying to squeeze into those jeans that I bought on a "feeling xtra lean" day in the spring was not the kind of thing I need. SO I quickly went shopping and bought some new jeans that fit and didn't make me feel like a sausage. All better now. Bulk may continue with no interuptions!

Is this your first bulk? Are you gonna stick it out or quit early?
    In my pursuit of achieving a leaner body I've realized I was better off before calorie counting...my life was more balanced and my lifting was more enjoyable so back to living,loving & lifting I am! No more weighing...myself or my food ;)

discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This was my first intentional bulk. I'm working on bringing the body fat I've gained on it down now, starting yesterday. My dog and I are entered in a canine frisbee comp 5 months from now and it will be televised by ESPN and Animal Planet. I will be showing a fair amount of skin and I want to be cut and defined.
    Sheriff John Brown always hated me
    For what I don't know
    Every time I plant a seed
    He said kill them before they grow

brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000) brandibopeep is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by discdoggie View Post
    This was my first intentional bulk. I'm working on bringing the body fat I've gained on it down now, starting yesterday. My dog and I are entered in a canine frisbee comp 5 months from now and it will be televised by ESPN and Animal Planet. I will be showing a fair amount of skin and I want to be cut and defined.
    Well if my intentional bulk results are half as good as your un-intentional ones I will be pleased! You look great! Good luck with the frisbee comp!
    In my pursuit of achieving a leaner body I've realized I was better off before calorie counting...my life was more balanced and my lifting was more enjoyable so back to living,loving & lifting I am! No more weighing...myself or my food ;)

bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I started my first bulk last week and I'm already feeling huge! It's mostly bloat but I'm not liking it so far. It's going to be a painful 9 months. I think I will have to go out and buy a bigger pair of jeans too. I won't be fitting in my 2-4s much longer. Thankfully all of my work pants were already a size or 2 too big so I'll be good to go if I just get a couple of pairs of jeans in a bigger size.

MsMightyMau5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MsMightyMau5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MsMightyMau5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MsMightyMau5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MsMightyMau5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MsMightyMau5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MsMightyMau5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MsMightyMau5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MsMightyMau5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MsMightyMau5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MsMightyMau5 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by brandibopeep View Post
    It's mine and I am determined to make some gains and not get discouraged enough to quit early....I can already see it's gonna be challenging. This weekend our weather turned cooler and I needed to dig out my jeans. I have never been a girl that fretted over clothing sizes or the number on the scale BUT trying to squeeze into those jeans that I bought on a "feeling xtra lean" day in the spring was not the kind of thing I need. SO I quickly went shopping and bought some new jeans that fit and didn't make me feel like a sausage. All better now. Bulk may continue with no interuptions!

Is this your first bulk? Are you gonna stick it out or quit early?
    How long have you been bulking for? If you already can't fit into your jeans anymore I think you're gaining too quickly. The less fat you gain now, the less you'll have to cut later, meaning you risk less muscle loss from prolonged cuts. I bulked up 12 lbs last spring/summer (couldn't be worse timing lol right over bikini season) and by the end was still wearing the same shorts as before. It took me ~6months to gain all the weight though. Take it slow and good luck on the bulk

"You're at the controls" KC5280's Avatar
    KC5280 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KC5280 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KC5280 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KC5280 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KC5280 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KC5280 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KC5280 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KC5280 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KC5280 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KC5280 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KC5280 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yep - my first intentional bulk also! I am in my 11th week and have one more week to go before I start a small cutting period. Then back to bulking probably (or whatever my trainer says).

I have put on 10 lbs so far and my pants are getting tight but still fit. Some of my button-up shirts, however, are too small now. My program was geared toward increasing size in my shoulders and back.

I am excited to cut, though.
    I want mature muscle.

Yes I finally started a journal.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=130589673

Originally Posted by MsMightyMau5 View Post
    How long have you been bulking for? If you already can't fit into your jeans anymore I think you're gaining too quickly. The less fat you gain now, the less you'll have to cut later, meaning you risk less muscle loss from prolonged cuts. I bulked up 12 lbs last spring/summer (couldn't be worse timing lol right over bikini season) and by the end was still wearing the same shorts as before. It took me ~6months to gain all the weight though. Take it slow and good luck on the bulk
    Hmmmm...I'm not over here bustin out of all my clothes like the Incredible Hulk LOL!...the capris/shorts I wore this summer still fit BUT the jeans I bought in the Spring don't fit the same....they still button etc. but they don't fit like they did the day I bought them if that makes sense.
    I "gained" about 3 lbs when I went back to maintenance in the beginning of August. That brought me to 125. (I was eating low-ish carbs before that so IMO the 3 lbs was water etc.) I was at 126 at the end of August. Now I'm just under or at 127. ANd I've recently(1 1/2 wks ago) started creatine so IMO my weight could be affected by that. Even still that's only 2 lbs up from when I went back to maint at the beginning of August.....
    I'm going to watch the scale about 1-2x a week from here on out...now that I would think the creatine has made any difference it's gonna make....and make sure it's not going up too fast. What *is* to fast? I was thinking anything averaging over 1/2 lb a week. Is that too much? First time...taking all the advice I can!

MsMightyMau5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MsMightyMau5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MsMightyMau5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MsMightyMau5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MsMightyMau5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MsMightyMau5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MsMightyMau5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MsMightyMau5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MsMightyMau5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MsMightyMau5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MsMightyMau5 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by brandibopeep View Post
    Hmmmm...I'm not over here bustin out of all my clothes like the Incredible Hulk LOL!...the capris/shorts I wore this summer still fit BUT the jeans I bought in the Spring don't fit the same....they still button etc. but they don't fit like they did the day I bought them if that makes sense.
    I "gained" about 3 lbs when I went back to maintenance in the beginning of August. That brought me to 125. (I was eating low-ish carbs before that so IMO the 3 lbs was water etc.) I was at 126 at the end of August. Now I'm just under or at 127. ANd I've recently(1 1/2 wks ago) started creatine so IMO my weight could be affected by that. Even still that's only 2 lbs up from when I went back to maint at the beginning of August.....
    I'm going to watch the scale about 1-2x a week from here on out...now that I would think the creatine has made any difference it's gonna make....and make sure it's not going up too fast. What *is* to fast? I was thinking anything averaging over 1/2 lb a week. Is that too much? First time...taking all the advice I can!
    I'd say 1/2 lb a week is perfect. Thats the sweet spot I aimed for and was quite happy with my results. I did gain a little fat (I'd be lying if I said otherwise) and am just now in the middle of cutting back down. Up to a lb a week is ok imo, but I'd say anything more is overkill. The creatine could definately be why your jeans aren't fitting right anymore. I tried it like a year ago and only made it 5 days before I couldn't take the bloating/discomfort anymore. Stuff made my stomach swell like a balloon haha

discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I gained 8 pounds in 15 weeks. Not sure how much was fat, how much muscle, and how much was water. I guess I'll get a better idea when I shed this fat and see if I end up with more muscle than I started out with, huh? Regardless of the outcome, my lifts improved and most importantly, I gave myself a much-needed break from eating at a deficit for so many months. It was really nice to not track obsessviely and enjoy some homemade pie.
    Sheriff John Brown always hated me
    For what I don't know
    Every time I plant a seed
    He said kill them before they grow

Originally Posted by MsMightyMau5 View Post
    I'd say 1/2 lb a week is perfect. Thats the sweet spot I aimed for and was quite happy with my results. I did gain a little fat (I'd be lying if I said otherwise) and am just now in the middle of cutting back down. Up to a lb a week is ok imo, but I'd say anything more is overkill. The creatine could definately be why your jeans aren't fitting right anymore. I tried it like a year ago and only made it 5 days before I couldn't take the bloating/discomfort anymore. Stuff made my stomach swell like a balloon haha
    Thanx for confirming my thought that 1/2 lb a week is okay(as long as it ain't a full 1/2 lb of FAT! ) That'll give me something to go on. I was also thinking about measuring my waist now that the initial creatine weight gain should be done and make sure that it isn't the *only* measurement that's going up!

Originally Posted by discdoggie View Post
    I gave myself a much-needed break from eating at a deficit for so many months. It was really nice to not track obsessviely and enjoy some homemade pie.
    I agree.....I have never counted calories/"dieted" up until this year and it is *not* easy....*especially* when you like to bake and are good at it! Luckily this bulk will conveniently ::cue evil laughter:: go thru the holidays.....talk to me then about fat gains!