clydekheng has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clydekheng has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clydekheng has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clydekheng has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clydekheng has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clydekheng has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clydekheng has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clydekheng has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clydekheng has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clydekheng has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clydekheng has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Total Tricep Workout

Can somebody name me the different workouts/exercises that would hit the different heads of my triceps? My main goal is a even tricep with good "horseshoe" definition. Thanks!

PooSquating has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PooSquating has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PooSquating has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PooSquating has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PooSquating has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PooSquating has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PooSquating has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PooSquating has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PooSquating has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PooSquating has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PooSquating has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    well to start, you should know that you need low body fat for that horseshoe look. but grow your tri, focus on both definition and mass excercises the number of excercises are far and wide. for a complete tricep workout, incorporate a multitude of grips and resistance. to start these are some common excercises

close grip bench press, weighted dips, skullcrusher/extensions, overhead extensions, cable press downs and many more.

Tis Drew has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tis Drew has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tis Drew has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tis Drew has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tis Drew has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tis Drew has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tis Drew has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tis Drew has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tis Drew has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Tis Drew has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by PooSquating View Post
    well to start, you should know that you need low body fat for that horseshoe look. but grow your tri, focus on both definition and mass excercises the number of excercises are far and wide. for a complete tricep workout, incorporate a multitude of grips and resistance. to start these are some common excercises

close grip bench press, weighted dips, skullcrusher/extensions, overhead extensions, cable press downs and many more.
    These two worked the best for me, I highly recommend them. They all work, but I prefer these two because I think they work the best.
    Bodybuilders are just a bunch of posers.

Now_____________________Goal
    Squat: 285x1_____________320x1
    DL: 345x1 _______________405x1
    Bench: 245x1_____________275x1
    Arms: 15"______________16"
    Total 905________________1000

clydekheng has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clydekheng has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clydekheng has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clydekheng has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clydekheng has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clydekheng has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clydekheng has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clydekheng has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clydekheng has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clydekheng has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) clydekheng has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Alright cool. When you say low body fat, what's the ideal range? And also I notice my left tricep is noticeably bigger then my right but my right has more definition. Could this be due to my left arm being slightly fatter then my right?

in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by clydekheng View Post
    Can somebody name me the different workouts/exercises that would hit the different heads of my triceps? My main goal is a even tricep with good "horseshoe" definition. Thanks!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...71&postcount=2
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

PooSquating has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PooSquating has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PooSquating has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PooSquating has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PooSquating has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PooSquating has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PooSquating has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PooSquating has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PooSquating has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PooSquating has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PooSquating has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    great post

Alright cool. When you say low body fat, what's the ideal range? And also I notice my left tricep is noticeably bigger then my right but my right has more definition. Could this be due to my left arm being slightly fatter then my right?
    may have been misleading about low body fat, the look of the tricep is both dependant on low bf and high muscle mass. it varies from person to person but assuming you have good mass, bf in the low teens should yield some view of the tricep especially if flexed, but get it lower to 8 or 9 and you will be looking ripped. lower than that even better of course, but for the average trainer, imo 8 or 9 is pretty tough to achieve.
    Last edited by PooSquating; 11-24-2008 at 06:34 PM.

lift hard, recover harder Iron Rain's Avatar
    Iron Rain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Iron Rain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Iron Rain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Iron Rain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Iron Rain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Iron Rain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Iron Rain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Iron Rain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Iron Rain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Iron Rain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Iron Rain has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    The uneven triceps should work themselves out as you keep working them and strengthening them both.

As for the horseshoe shape, another vote for weighted dips. Just get the tris big, and the shape will come with it as long as your bodyfat is low.

may have been misleading about low body fat, the look of the tricep is both dependant on low bf and high muscle mass. it varies from person to person but assuming you have good mass, bf in the low teens should yield some view of the tricep especially if flexed, but get it lower to 8 or 9 and you will be looking ripped. lower than that even better of course, but for the average trainer, imo 8 or 9 is pretty tough to achieve.
    Hmmm ok thanks for the heads up. Working my ass off for that % now. Mine's around 20 as I more bulk than lean.

Originally Posted by Iron Rain View Post
    The uneven triceps should work themselves out as you keep working them and strengthening them both.

As for the horseshoe shape, another vote for weighted dips. Just get the tris big, and the shape will come with it as long as your bodyfat is low.

Great advice, I love dips. But so far I always have difficulty holding the dbs when I do dips on bars. So I prefer bench dips with weight plates. Was wondering if they both have the same effect or one is superior then the other?

Stteven will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stteven will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stteven will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stteven will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stteven will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stteven will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stteven will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stteven will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stteven will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stteven will become famous soon enough. (+50) Stteven will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    weighted dips
    cgbp
    skullcrushers

go hard on all these, you're good to go.

to the person above saying it's hard to hold the weight, try using a weight belt.

lift hard, recover harder Iron Rain's Avatar
    Iron Rain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Iron Rain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Iron Rain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Iron Rain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Iron Rain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Iron Rain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Iron Rain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Iron Rain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Iron Rain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Iron Rain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Iron Rain has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Great advice, I love dips. But so far I always have difficulty holding the dbs when I do dips on bars. So I prefer bench dips with weight plates. Was wondering if they both have the same effect or one is superior then the other?
    They should have pretty much the same effect, if you're dipping off of two parallel benches to either side of you. If you're dipping off of one bench behind you, then it will be FAR more triceps-centric, which, for your purposes, means it should still work quite well.

Originally Posted by Iron Rain View Post
    They should have pretty much the same effect, if you're dipping off of two parallel benches to either side of you. If you're dipping off of one bench behind you, then it will be FAR more triceps-centric, which, for your purposes, means it should still work quite well.

Alright. Thanks for the advice!