marko916 is on a distinguished road. (+10) marko916 is on a distinguished road. (+10) marko916 is on a distinguished road. (+10) marko916 is on a distinguished road. (+10) marko916 is on a distinguished road. (+10) marko916 is on a distinguished road. (+10) marko916 is on a distinguished road. (+10) marko916 is on a distinguished road. (+10) marko916 is on a distinguished road. (+10) marko916 is on a distinguished road. (+10) marko916 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Cracking in Chest Area

I stretched my chest today with my arms outstretched horizontally and I heard a cracking or popping kind of noise. the kind you hear when you crack your knuckles. The only thing is is that it came directly from the center of the chest where the sternum is located (in between my pecs). I have had chest pain from getting hit in that area for about 2 weeks now and it has gotten better. I don't recall ever hearing this sound from the chest area.

Just wondering if you guys are willing to try the same thing i did so I can find out if this is normal.

What to do:
    1 Sit or stand with a straight back
    2 slowly start arching your back a little bit towards the back and outstretch your arms so that you feel a stretch in the inner chest area.
    3 Listen for a cracking sound that's origin is from the inner chest area
    4 Leave your truthful response if you did or did not hear a cracking/popping sound.

Thanks for your replies. I just want to figure out if my chest might be slightly fractured.
    Certified Forum Old Timer

Koncept has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Koncept has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Koncept has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Koncept has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Koncept has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Koncept has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Koncept has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah man that's no problem I've had that sound for years. Some days if I stretch it cracks more than others

Armbender is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armbender is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armbender is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armbender is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armbender is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armbender is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armbender is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armbender is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armbender is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armbender is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Armbender is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    mine does it constantly everyday...
    USPlabs Sponsored Athlete
    http://usplabsdirect.com/

In order to win...you must first learn how to lose...

C.O.C. Grippers #1 - CLOSED
    C.O.C. Grippers #2 - CLOSED

My Training Journal -
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=110517591

Wizzly is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wizzly is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wizzly is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wizzly is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wizzly is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wizzly is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wizzly is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wizzly is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wizzly is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wizzly is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wizzly is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I get that too. I told my friends about it and they were disturbed. I sometimes even put my fingers in between my chest and I can make it crack. Its pretty bad but i think its harmless....hopefully

DaBurg3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaBurg3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaBurg3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaBurg3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaBurg3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaBurg3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaBurg3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaBurg3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaBurg3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaBurg3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaBurg3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yeah I got hit hard in the chest when I was a kid and mine has been doing it ever since, it doesn't cause me pain I just don't like it because there aren't any joints there.
    Tie your shoes = ready for anything

Too Tough To Die

HALON will become famous soon enough. (+50) HALON will become famous soon enough. (+50) HALON will become famous soon enough. (+50) HALON will become famous soon enough. (+50) HALON will become famous soon enough. (+50) HALON will become famous soon enough. (+50) HALON will become famous soon enough. (+50) HALON will become famous soon enough. (+50) HALON will become famous soon enough. (+50) HALON will become famous soon enough. (+50) HALON will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by marko916 View Post
    I stretched my chest today with my arms outstretched horizontally and I heard a cracking or popping kind of noise. the kind you hear when you crack your knuckles. The only thing is is that it came directly from the center of the chest where the sternum is located (in between my pecs). I have had chest pain from getting hit in that area for about 2 weeks now and it has gotten better. I don't recall ever hearing this sound from the chest area.

Just wondering if you guys are willing to try the same thing i did so I can find out if this is normal.

What to do:
    1 Sit or stand with a straight back
    2 slowly start arching your back a little bit towards the back and outstretch your arms so that you feel a stretch in the inner chest area.
    3 Listen for a cracking sound that's origin is from the inner chest area
    4 Leave your truthful response if you did or did not hear a cracking/popping sound.

Thanks for your replies. I just want to figure out if my chest might be slightly fractured.

My friend actaully got that from heavy benching. He would always hear crack when stretching.

I always thought it has to do with the cartilage in the chest that joins the ribs.
    "In AUSTRALIA
    Each year there are 470 000 adverse events, 18 000 deaths, and 50 000 permanent disabilities arising from medical error and negligence each year. This is four times higher compared to the USA." (Second oppinion, GERMOV quote, page 293)

353 fatal car crashes were recorded on Australian roads in 2008 (RTA, 2008). You are 50 TIMES more likely to die from medical negligence from a DOCTOR compared to being fatally injured in a car crash and they say driving is dangerous.

tfd6412 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Mine does it too. When I'm arching myback or pulling my shoulders back as if I'm sticking my chest out. It just kinda started one day and I have no idea what did it. Could be the fact that I'm 31 and now hearing all sorts of different clicks, pops, and whistles throughout my body. LOL

Registered User user845611014897's Avatar
    user845611014897 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by tfd6412 View Post
    Mine does it too. When I'm arching myback or pulling my shoulders back as if I'm sticking my chest out. It just kinda started one day and I have no idea what did it. Could be the fact that I'm 31 and now hearing all sorts of different clicks, pops, and whistles throughout my body. LOL
    ya i get it were it feels like im getting pierced in the heart and then it pops idk man

I sleep with my fan on... nekkidbear's Avatar
    nekkidbear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nekkidbear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nekkidbear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nekkidbear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nekkidbear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nekkidbear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nekkidbear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nekkidbear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nekkidbear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nekkidbear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nekkidbear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Happens to me too. Started up after getting head butted in the chest a few years ago by my best friend. Hurt for a month after or so and from then on... it pops.
    Meow

Registered User MillenniumTiger's Avatar
    MillenniumTiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) MillenniumTiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) MillenniumTiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) MillenniumTiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) MillenniumTiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) MillenniumTiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) MillenniumTiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) MillenniumTiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) MillenniumTiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) MillenniumTiger will become famous soon enough. (+50) MillenniumTiger will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yea I have it as well....prolly from football or something since a lot of people say that have it from some sort of blunt force.

But yea...stretch out the arms, extend the trunk, lean back, and pop. I don't have any pain with it though. Mine's more of a relief.
    Universal Log (Stak, Pump, Flex, Cuts)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=131839303

Realbeast has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up Chest Trauma

I was in the military, and working out in the gym without a spotter. Had alot of weight on the bar, during a bench press and u can pretty much get the picture from there what came next. Anyway, I suffered a fractured sternum, and even though I healed up later, for years afterwards everytime I would stretch any part of my upper body my chest would make that popping noise. At first it hurt a little, but gradually it got better. What I started doing after a few years of going through this, was trying to make my chest pop on purpose, just to get that good stretch, and get that pop out of the way. Needless to say, it did get better and now my chest doesn't pop anymore. So if are experiencing this sensation, try popping your chest on a regular basis with a good stretch, and eventually it will probably go away!

Need2fly is on a distinguished road. (+10) Need2fly is on a distinguished road. (+10) Need2fly is on a distinguished road. (+10) Need2fly is on a distinguished road. (+10) Need2fly is on a distinguished road. (+10) Need2fly is on a distinguished road. (+10) Need2fly is on a distinguished road. (+10) Need2fly is on a distinguished road. (+10) Need2fly is on a distinguished road. (+10) Need2fly is on a distinguished road. (+10) Need2fly is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i get it when i destory my chest on heavy sets

Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Dr Clay has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    This noise is very similar in nature to popping your knuckles, but it occurs in the sternocostal joint (where the ribs and sternum connect).

Though it's not really a problem, it typically occurs when one or more of the ribs are subluxated and not articulating with the vertebrae perfectly.

My experience is that is can be remedied (about 99% of the time) with chiropractic adjustments to the appropriate (subluxated) ribs and vertebrae.

If you can't get to a chiropractor (though I'd really recommend it), try rolling on a foam roller on a regular basis. That's the next best thing to getting your thoracic spine adjusted.

Best,
    Dr Clay Hyght, DC, CSCS, CISSN
    www.DrClay.com

www.Labrada.com

Labrada Nutrition: "The Most Trusted Name in Sports Nutrition!"

The above is for informational purposes only and is not meant to be used as medical advice. Always consult your doctor prior to beginning any new diet, supplementation, or exercise program.

DaBurg3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaBurg3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaBurg3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaBurg3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaBurg3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaBurg3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaBurg3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaBurg3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaBurg3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaBurg3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DaBurg3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Dr Clay View Post
    This noise is very similar in nature to popping your knuckles, but it occurs in the sternocostal joint (where the ribs and sternum connect).

Though it's not really a problem, it typically occurs when one or more of the ribs are subluxated and not articulating with the vertebrae perfectly.

My experience is that is can be remedied (about 99% of the time) with chiropractic adjustments to the appropriate (subluxated) ribs and vertebrae.

If you can't get to a chiropractor (though I'd really recommend it), try rolling on a foam roller on a regular basis. That's the next best thing to getting your thoracic spine adjusted.

Best,
    There's a joint in that part of the body, that's incredible
    Tie your shoes = ready for anything

Too Tough To Die

Looking for Moderate Gain JasonLane's Avatar
    JasonLane has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by DaBurg3r View Post
    There's a joint in that part of the body, that's incredible
    That's why I'm saying.

Mine pops every once in a while as well. During workouts. Never hurts.
    █▓▒░ My Personal Site: WellHungarian.com - Underwear for Well Hung Men. ░▒▓█

MaverickSeeD7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Help!?@

Hey man i have a question. I was boxing and got hit in the chest on the left side, at first i was cool, but later, i had a sharp pain when i would breath and would hear a poping or cracking in my chest. Its been like a week now and it hurts like mad, does anyone know any information about how to fix this?!?!

KCB95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I can do the exact same thing, even in class when my back is feeling sore and i decide to lean back and stretch out, the center of my chest ends up cracking.
    Recently however if it does not crack when i stretch back , on my way back to my regular posture it starts to hurt a LOT and lately it has been hurting but more to the left side of where the cracking occurs, I am not sure whether it is bone or muscle thats causing this problem but i rub the painful area and it feels like the muscle is sore but at the same time how can that be the case if there is cracking linked with my back and my chest.

Really worried about this, anyone know anything regarding this problem? thanks

mukund92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question pain in cracking

as i lean back and stretch my chest it pops, its been happening since last two weeks, i thought it was normal. but since yesterday after the popping when i return to normal position it hurt a lot and even when i stretch my back.

please help. suggest what i should do?

Russ2485 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Russ2485 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Russ2485 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Russ2485 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Russ2485 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Russ2485 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Russ2485 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Russ2485 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Russ2485 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Russ2485 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Russ2485 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by mukund92 View Post
    as i lean back and stretch my chest it pops, its been happening since last two weeks, i thought it was normal. but since yesterday after the popping when i return to normal position it hurt a lot and even when i stretch my back.

please help. suggest what i should do?
    Same exact thing happens to me mane anyone any ideas?
    Do it for you

d3jong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Cracking in Chest is Normal

Cracking in your chest is normal unless it has something to do with an injury. I started stretching that area about a year ago and ever since then I have to crack my chest every morning. If I don't, my chest feels tight.