Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Grapefruit/Quercetin and Estroidols...anti Testosterone??

Research has shown that Testosterone binds with Estroidol (Estrogen) receptors making the Test less usefull in men. Grapefruit is high in the flavoid Quercetin which increases Estroidols.

This is not a good thing for those of us old pfarts fighting for more Testosterone. As men age their Test lowers and Estrogens rise. Larger bellys and diminished muscle and libido. In women it can be tthe opposite after Menopause. Lower Estrogen and higher Test. "Charlie...take out the trash"..."yes my dearest". That was the case in my family...mom and dad swapped roles. Dad had to have his grapefruit half every morning. Little did he know.

Male Bodybuilders need Testosterone for building mass, mood maintenace, libido and repair. Sure a little Estrogen keeps us from going cave man. We need to love and protect our families and cradle our children/grandchildren...but that's about as far as I want to go.

My Tangerines are ready to pick....sure hope they don't have Quercein.

black_socks is on a distinguished road. (+10) black_socks is on a distinguished road. (+10) black_socks is on a distinguished road. (+10) black_socks is on a distinguished road. (+10) black_socks is on a distinguished road. (+10) black_socks is on a distinguished road. (+10) black_socks is on a distinguished road. (+10) black_socks is on a distinguished road. (+10) black_socks is on a distinguished road. (+10) black_socks is on a distinguished road. (+10) black_socks is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    thanks for the info.. I despise the way grapefruits taste and now this is the empirical reason to to ban the from the household ..
    I listen to country music when i workout...

Alphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alphy will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alphy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Good post bro, I was ready to order a Vit C that had 100mg of quecetin as well. Maybe I should go the non quercetin route.

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Quercetin is in high concentrations in most red/reddish fruits. I wouldn't worry that much about it. It's a powerful antioxident, and as long as you're eating a balanced diet and getting T support from stuff like tree nuts, liver, and beef, you're probably going to be great in the T area.
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000) someday is just really nice. (+1000)
    i recently heard this about sweet potoatoes & yams. doesn't really make sense that they are such a body building staple food, but have high amounts of estrogen?! have to find some m,ore info on this. google time
    i'm a fatty now :(

BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I have been dealing with an estrogen testosterone imbalance problem for the last few months. On the suggestion of my doctor I am taking chrysin to inhibit conversion of testosterone to estrogen, DIM to inhibit the conversion of estrodiol to the bad form of estrogen, wild oats to decrease sex hormone binding gobulin to increase free testosterone, stinging nettle root to increase free testosterone, and saw palmetto to inhibit the conversion of testosterone to DHT. I also take zinc. It seems to be working.
    "Quidvis recte factum quamvis humile praeclarum - Whatsoever is rightly done, however humble, is noble." Sir Henry Royce

prplhaz is on a distinguished road. (+10) prplhaz is on a distinguished road. (+10) prplhaz is on a distinguished road. (+10) prplhaz is on a distinguished road. (+10) prplhaz is on a distinguished road. (+10) prplhaz is on a distinguished road. (+10) prplhaz is on a distinguished road. (+10) prplhaz is on a distinguished road. (+10) prplhaz is on a distinguished road. (+10) prplhaz is on a distinguished road. (+10) prplhaz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by BJE View Post
    I have been dealing with an estrogen testosterone imbalance problem for the last few months. On the suggestion of my doctor I am taking chrysin to inhibit conversion of testosterone to estrogen, DIM to inhibit the conversion of estrodiol to the bad form of estrogen, wild oats to decrease sex hormone binding gobulin to increase free testosterone, stinging nettle root to increase free testosterone, and saw palmetto to inhibit the conversion of testosterone to DHT. I also take zinc. It seems to be working.
    I don't know how many of you come across LEF magazine, but this month's issue covers healthy testosterone benefits and Harvard Medical's new book on the subject:
    http://www.lef.org/Vitamins-Suppleme...-For-Life.html

FYI, they post this month's issue for free the following month.

Anyway, BJE, have you seen this:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/le/mira.html
    http://www.lef.org/Vitamins-Suppleme...d-Lignans.html

It seems to stack all of those. I am not sure how it stacks up cost wise.
    "Good source. Yep."
    "Behold my magnificence."

dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dungeonmistress has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Baldiewonkanobi View Post
    In women it can be tthe opposite after Menopause. Lower Estrogen and higher Test. "

praying this is the case for me.
    A successful woman is one who can build a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at her

my metabolic repair/bulking-training journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=134394501

BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BJE is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by prplhaz View Post
    I don't know how many of you come across LEF magazine, but this month's issue covers healthy testosterone benefits and Harvard Medical's new book on the subject:
    http://www.lef.org/Vitamins-Suppleme...-For-Life.html

FYI, they post this month's issue for free the following month.

Anyway, BJE, have you seen this:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/le/mira.html
    http://www.lef.org/Vitamins-Suppleme...d-Lignans.html

It seems to stack all of those. I am not sure how it stacks up cost wise.
    Thanks for the links and suggestions. This product seems to have much of what I'm taking. I'll have to compare the price, but it looks like it could be cheaper.

The reason I've been taking all of this is that I've had breast/nipple pain. I have fairly high testosterone, about 825, but fairly low free testosterone, about 75. My estrogen levels are normal, but my doctor thinks the estrogen is out of balance with the free testosterone. After taking these for a few months my symptoms are pretty much gone. I have never used steroids or prohormones so I'm not sure what has caused this. I have been avoiding supplements that claim to increase testosterone levels because excess testosterone could be converted to estrogen, and make my problem worse.
    "Quidvis recte factum quamvis humile praeclarum - Whatsoever is rightly done, however humble, is noble." Sir Henry Royce