themiddleman21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) themiddleman21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) themiddleman21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) themiddleman21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) themiddleman21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) themiddleman21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) themiddleman21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) themiddleman21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) themiddleman21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) themiddleman21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) themiddleman21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Please help!! (pictures inside)

Ok, I'm obviously not over 35, but I may have a serious or not so serious problem. I have already posted it in the teen section, and to nobody's surprise, no one could help. I have never experienced anything like this before, but I have also never consistently worked out so hard. During my workout yesterday, I noticed a bump or knot in my left bicep only. My right bicep is fine. I asked around and nobody seems to know but I figured somebody here would. My questions is, is this normal or do I need medical attention, or ice or something like that? First four pictures are left arm with knot, last picture is right arm. Please take a look, any feedback is highly appreciated. Thanks.
    Attached Images

rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rpaul11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i have never seen anything like it. I hate to give any bad advice as I am no doctor. Does it hurt?

If it were me (and it isn't) i would give it a few days and see if it does anything. if it improves I might be inclined to watch further. If it got bigger I would immediately see my doc. If it stayed the same...still would probably see my doc. If it hurt I would put some ice on it while watching it for a few days.
    "Some people are like Slinkies. They're not really good for anything but they sure bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

My Training Journal - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145043261

timross13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) timross13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) timross13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) timross13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) timross13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) timross13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) timross13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) timross13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) timross13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) timross13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) timross13 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    In before the other doctors here give you their prognosis. If you are concerned, go to a doctor, don't ask on a forum.
    Tango Romeo
    Stroke Survivor - May 13, 2012

BUDTAO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BUDTAO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BUDTAO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BUDTAO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BUDTAO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BUDTAO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BUDTAO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BUDTAO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BUDTAO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BUDTAO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BUDTAO will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It might be torn muscle tissue, or something along that lines (tendon, ligament, etc..). Even if there is no pain, Id have it check by a qualified physician, it does not look "right", but then again I doubt its life threatening or uncorrectable either.

Ive seen someone with a separated bicep before, I dont know that yours is just that, but they both look similar, as in "a really odd appearance".

Post back with follow up data pse-
    Andrew
    (Im surrounded by Enternet Ediots)

AaronT is on a distinguished road. (+10) AaronT is on a distinguished road. (+10) AaronT is on a distinguished road. (+10) AaronT is on a distinguished road. (+10) AaronT is on a distinguished road. (+10) AaronT is on a distinguished road. (+10) AaronT is on a distinguished road. (+10) AaronT is on a distinguished road. (+10) AaronT is on a distinguished road. (+10) AaronT is on a distinguished road. (+10) AaronT is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by themiddleman21 View Post
    Ok, I'm obviously not over 35, but I may have a serious or not so serious problem. I have already posted it in the teen section, and to nobody's surprise, no one could help. I have never experienced anything like this before, but I have also never consistently worked out so hard. During my workout yesterday, I noticed a bump or knot in my left bicep only. My right bicep is fine. I asked around and nobody seems to know but I figured somebody here would. My questions is, is this normal or do I need medical attention, or ice or something like that? First four pictures are left arm with knot, last picture is right arm. Please take a look, any feedback is highly appreciated. Thanks.
    maybe a tear in the muscle???
    does it hurt?

go to the doc.
    Last edited by AaronT; 05-04-2010 at 03:07 PM. Reason: oops?
    It ain't a good workout day until I see stars and colorful little buzzy flying things swirl around me.
    Wheee!! Oooh, look! Tinkerbell! (Thx blabber)

Smaller, Stronger, Faster gjohnson5's Avatar
    gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gjohnson5 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    My guess is it could be a small bicep pull or tear. Generally bicep tears happen at this spot and not where the bicep attached to the elbow.

*edit*
    I pulled or tore my hamstring and had a similar "knot" on the back of my leg after playing football once. I never went to the doc , but it took like 3 months for that know to go away
    Probably should have went
    *edit*
    Last edited by gjohnson5; 05-04-2010 at 03:26 PM.
    Kickin your azz everytime

IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz
    <---- Take a look at my bicep. Never hurts and works fine, just as strong at the right one. Just has a weird separation in it. Sometimes you can't even see it.

Long as there's no pain or numbness, don't sweat it. The bicep is actually 3 muscles; inner and outer head of the bicep, and the brachialis which runs underneath. I remember seeing a picture of Larry Scott sticking his fingers completely between the 2 heads down to the bone, looked really trippy.
    ★DSC★
    ★MISC Cologne Crew★
    ★4200 cals a day crew★
    ★Squat Booty Sorority Fan Club★
    ★Forum Member #109,914,313★

► ► ►Dirty South Crew gear: https://www.zazzle.com/s/thedirtysouthlifts ◄ ◄ ◄ (Proceeds go to children's charities)

KarateChris is just really nice. (+1000) KarateChris is just really nice. (+1000) KarateChris is just really nice. (+1000) KarateChris is just really nice. (+1000) KarateChris is just really nice. (+1000) KarateChris is just really nice. (+1000) KarateChris is just really nice. (+1000) KarateChris is just really nice. (+1000) KarateChris is just really nice. (+1000) KarateChris is just really nice. (+1000) KarateChris is just really nice. (+1000)
    First off let me say no one here (even a doctor or soon-to-be doctor) can tell you definitively what that is because you always need to do a history and physical on a patient to properly assess their condition.

With that said, maybe I can give you a better idea of what this may be and whether I feel it needs medical attention.

When did you first notice the bump on your bicep? When you were working out did you feel a pop or painful sensation in your arm? Did it bruise? Does it hurt when you flex or press on the area?

^^ The brachialis is a completely different muscle than the bicep. There are only two heads to the bicep, thus bi.

DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000) DanielBeauchamp is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by IronCharles View Post
    <---- Take a look at my bicep. Never hurts and works fine, just as strong at the right one. Just has a weird separation in it. Sometimes you can't even see it.

Long as there's no pain or numbness, don't sweat it. The bicep is actually 3 muscles; inner and outer head of the bicep, and the brachialis which runs underneath. I remember seeing a picture of Larry Scott sticking his fingers completely between the 2 heads down to the bone, looked really trippy.
    This ^ I'd only be concerned if it got bigger or started to hurt.

IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz IronCharles has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by KarateChris View Post
    ^^ The brachialis is a completely different muscle than the bicep. There are only two heads to the bicep, thus bi.
    Thanks for clarifying that!

rippedandforty has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rippedandforty has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rippedandforty has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rippedandforty has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rippedandforty has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rippedandforty has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rippedandforty has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rippedandforty has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rippedandforty has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rippedandforty has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rippedandforty has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Work through it............

wut

See a doc

Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by KarateChris View Post
    First off let me say no one here (even a doctor or soon-to-be doctor) can tell you definitively what that is because you always need to do a history and physical on a patient to properly assess their condition.

With that said, maybe I can give you a better idea of what this may be and whether I feel it needs medical attention.

When did you first notice the bump on your bicep? When you were working out did you feel a pop or painful sensation in your arm? Did it bruise? Does it hurt when you flex or press on the area?

Go have it looked at!!
    Was friends with Methuselah

Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You didn't indicate whether it hurt or not .... or whether it was something that occurred suddenly, or has been happening for awhile.

If it hurts, I'd go see a doc .... if it is a partial tear, you don't want it to become a full tear.

themiddleman21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) themiddleman21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) themiddleman21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) themiddleman21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) themiddleman21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) themiddleman21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) themiddleman21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) themiddleman21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) themiddleman21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) themiddleman21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) themiddleman21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sorry I should've went into more detail. It just seemed to pop up while I was working out yesterday. I wouldn't say it hurts but it does bring a slight discomfort or I wouldn't have even noticed it. I had some discomfort when I kept working out yesterday, but when I left the gym it stopped. It has given me a little trouble today but not enough to complain really just enough to remind me it's there. But, like I said I've been working out harder and more consistent than I ever have and have made pretty big gains in a rather short amount of time. I think I will go ahead and have it looked at tomorrow. I just want the green light to work out again from a doc before I hit the gym again. Thanks to everyone who gave feedback.

PowerFlex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PowerFlex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PowerFlex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PowerFlex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PowerFlex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PowerFlex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PowerFlex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PowerFlex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PowerFlex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PowerFlex has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PowerFlex has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    ..."I have already posted it in the teen section, and to nobody's surprise, no one could help....
    Good luck! And yes, a doctor would be the best bet.

And yes....asking that question in the teen section you might as well ask the cat!
    Huge Muscle and a HUGE Attitude! Take no prisoners, in and out of the gym GRRRR!!!

*STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) *STEVE* is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Old-Time-Lifter View Post
    Go have it looked at!!
    This ^

jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000) jdtemple is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Go to the doc. If IronCharles is right, no big deal. If he's wrong, then you'll be glad you went.

Originally Posted by jdtemple View Post
    Go to the doc. If IronCharles is right, no big deal. If he's wrong, then you'll be glad you went.
    I think the OP has already bailed on this hit and run thread. He never said if it hurt or not. He's either died of his "injury", or it just went away.
    ★DSC★
    ★MISC Cologne Crew★
    ★4200 cals a day crew★

► ► ►Dirty South Crew gear: https://www.zazzle.com/s/thedirtysouthlifts ◄ ◄ ◄ (Proceeds go to children's charities)

pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Bumps in the body are not normal. Get it checked. If you are asking yourself this question you already know it is not normal. GO TO THE DOCTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it. ~ Thomas Jefferson

rab71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rab71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rab71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rab71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rab71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rab71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rab71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rab71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rab71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rab71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rab71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Does anyone else find this odd? You are 17... Where are your parents? Did you show the old folks in your household? What did they say, see a doc?

Seriously... DOCTOR....
    Are you placing limits on romance? Are you telling me that a sex act involving a robotic monkey, three midgets, a motorized two-headed rubber f'ck-stick, a jungle gym, and some purple truck nutz CAN'T be romantic and loving? - Karl_Hungus

I think the OP has already bailed on this hit and run thread. He never said if it hurt or not. He's either died of his "injury", or it just went away.
    Well, actually I already went into more detail a couple posts before yours brother. Anyways, gettin in the shower an headed to the doc. I'll report back here what he/she says.

Well, actually I already went into more detail a couple posts before yours brother. Anyways, gettin in the shower an headed to the doc. I'll report back here what he/she says.
    Cool, I missed it somehow. Yeah, if it hurts good call to see the doc.

Reps for at least wanting to tough it out, even if that's not the wise thing to do. Some folks will stop training for a month over a hangnail or a little blister. Glad to see you have some balls!
    ★DSC★
    ★MISC Cologne Crew★
    ★4200 cals a day crew★

ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Reps for at least wanting to tough it out, even if that's not the wise thing to do. Some folks will stop training for a month over a hangnail or a little blister. Glad to see you have some balls!
    <<<< Guilty of training through injuries when younger.

Yeah, I thought I wus da HaRD CoRZ.

You have to stop being sooo impatient!
    The kid only posted yesterday for G-D's sake.

Every day counts.

-[][][]---------[][][]-

I has a PHmuthaf'nD in Broscience!

ntrllftr > azstrengthlosscouchpotato

Patience not one of my virtues!

But you've been here long enough to know how drive by posters work. They ask some controversial question and never come back. People still posting answers days or weeks later, long after the OP has forgotten about it and moved on.

At least this young man came back!
    ★DSC★
    ★MISC Cologne Crew★
    ★4200 cals a day crew★

ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ntrllftr has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Even look at ones that get revived from 2002 or 2006.
    People still answer those and the OP's account was closed or not used since that day they posted it. It iz wut it iz and alwheys b wut it will b.
    Every day counts.

-[][][]---------[][][]-

I has a PHmuthaf'nD in Broscience!

ntrllftr > azstrengthlosscouchpotato

Well guys, got it checked out. It's only a partial tear so as long as I stop lifting with it, it'll heal on its own. Still pretty pissed I can't lift though. I guess I'll have to switch my routine up and start cuttin and working out my legs. Thanks again for all the help. If you have any good ways or routines for a cut please post it or message me.