Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Footballx14 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Footballx14 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Footballx14 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Footballx14 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Footballx14 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Footballx14 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Footballx14 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Footballx14 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Footballx14 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Footballx14 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Footballx14 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

To Kill a Mockingbird: Atticus Finch

I have a "character analysis" to write about atticus finch! and its due on tuesday. Anyone have a thesis statement about atticus? Basically an inference not a fact. Reps!
    "Always chasing perfection" KB24

R.I.P - Timothy "FrvrMuscle" McKenney

AJLIFTZTOBUILD is on a distinguished road. (+10) AJLIFTZTOBUILD is on a distinguished road. (+10) AJLIFTZTOBUILD is on a distinguished road. (+10) AJLIFTZTOBUILD is on a distinguished road. (+10) AJLIFTZTOBUILD is on a distinguished road. (+10) AJLIFTZTOBUILD is on a distinguished road. (+10) AJLIFTZTOBUILD is on a distinguished road. (+10) AJLIFTZTOBUILD is on a distinguished road. (+10) AJLIFTZTOBUILD is on a distinguished road. (+10) AJLIFTZTOBUILD is on a distinguished road. (+10) AJLIFTZTOBUILD is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    its a good book, man if you read it its easy to do **** on it. i would help you but i threw my stuff out from last year.
    The closer you are to failure, the closer you are to victory, all depends on how you walk the line.

Bulking to 230lbs +

JZT will become famous soon enough. (+50) JZT will become famous soon enough. (+50) JZT will become famous soon enough. (+50) JZT will become famous soon enough. (+50) JZT will become famous soon enough. (+50) JZT will become famous soon enough. (+50) JZT will become famous soon enough. (+50) JZT will become famous soon enough. (+50) JZT will become famous soon enough. (+50) JZT will become famous soon enough. (+50) JZT will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    He helps minorities even if this can affect him personally or he wants to bring justice at whatever cost, even his reputation... etc...

Been a while since I read that book.

Energetical is just really nice. (+1000) Energetical is just really nice. (+1000) Energetical is just really nice. (+1000) Energetical is just really nice. (+1000) Energetical is just really nice. (+1000) Energetical is just really nice. (+1000) Energetical is just really nice. (+1000) Energetical is just really nice. (+1000) Energetical is just really nice. (+1000) Energetical is just really nice. (+1000) Energetical is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Footballx14 View Post
    I have a "character analysis" to write about atticus finch! and its due on tuesday. Anyone have a thesis statement about atticus? Basically an inference not a fact. Reps!
    Something about a black guy getting accused of raping a girl or something & getting hanged for it.

Ask a black user, bet they got enough to say about it

good book btw or watch the film

stake_n_taters is not very helpful. (-500) stake_n_taters is not very helpful. (-500) stake_n_taters is not very helpful. (-500) stake_n_taters is not very helpful. (-500) stake_n_taters is not very helpful. (-500) stake_n_taters is not very helpful. (-500) stake_n_taters is not very helpful. (-500) stake_n_taters is not very helpful. (-500) stake_n_taters is not very helpful. (-500) stake_n_taters is not very helpful. (-500) stake_n_taters is not very helpful. (-500)
    Atticus Finch is a man with strong values and who always does the right thing; this is shown when he defends Tom Robinson despite the social stigma of representing a black man, teaches Scout and Jem to be accepting of others, and refusing to fight back against Bob Ewell.

Idk I just made that up in like 2 seconds.

Footballx14 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Footballx14 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Footballx14 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Footballx14 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Footballx14 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Footballx14 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Footballx14 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Footballx14 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Footballx14 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Footballx14 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Footballx14 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by AJLIFTZTOBUILD View Post
    its a good book, man if you read it its easy to do **** on it. i would help you but i threw my stuff out from last year.
    yeah the first part of the book isn't that great but the second is pretty good. I've been thinking and thinking all day. reps to you btw.

Originally Posted by JZT View Post
    He helps minorities even if this can affect him personally or he wants to bring justice at whatever cost, even his reputation... etc...

Been a while since I read that book.
    yeah but thats a fact. reps to you anyways for helping

Originally Posted by Energetical View Post
    Something about a black guy getting accused of raping a girl or something & getting hanged for it.

Ask a black user, bet they got enough to say about it

good book btw or watch the film
    uhm i'm black...

lol jking. but i gave you teh reps/greens

stake_n_taters is not very helpful. (-500) stake_n_taters is not very helpful. (-500) stake_n_taters is not very helpful. (-500) stake_n_taters is not very helpful. (-500) stake_n_taters is not very helpful. (-500) stake_n_taters is not very helpful. (-500) stake_n_taters is not very helpful. (-500) stake_n_taters is not very helpful. (-500) stake_n_taters is not very helpful. (-500) stake_n_taters is not very helpful. (-500) stake_n_taters is not very helpful. (-500)
    yeah the first part of the book isn't that great but the second is pretty good. I've been thinking and thinking all day. reps to you btw.

uhm i'm black...

oh hai

way to leave me out

asertus will become famous soon enough. (+50) asertus will become famous soon enough. (+50) asertus will become famous soon enough. (+50) asertus will become famous soon enough. (+50) asertus will become famous soon enough. (+50) asertus will become famous soon enough. (+50) asertus will become famous soon enough. (+50) asertus will become famous soon enough. (+50) asertus will become famous soon enough. (+50) asertus will become famous soon enough. (+50) asertus will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Character Analysis

Atticus Finch, he was a good father, a talented shooter and an intelligent lawyer in the book of “To Kill a Mocking Bird”.

In the story, the Finches’ original landing was an old town called Maycomb. Atticus Finch was related by blood or marriage to nearly every family in Maycomb and he had lived in Maycomb almost all his life. Atticus went to Montgomery to study law in his earlier life then he met a Graham and married her, two years after Scout was born, Atticus’s wife died from a sudden heart attack. Atticus remained unmarried after his wife passed out; Atticus would not marry anyone else because his heart had a scar so deep that he could not ever recover. Atticus worked as a lawyer in Maycomb ever since, he lived a normal life with his family. There were a lot of things going on in Maycomb, as the story continued on, the events happened in Maycomb revealed Atticus’s true identities to the readers. In the beginning of the story from Jem and Scout’s views, “Atticus was a boring father that only knows how to go to work every morning and comes back digging into his books, Atticus couldn’t do anything. Atticus worked in an office, not in a drugstore. Atticus did not drive a dump truck, Atticus was a useless man.” However, soon after that, Scout and Jem discovered what their father Atticus Finch was in capable of…

According to what Miss Maudie said, Atticus was the best checker-player in Maycomb, and Atticus could also play a Jew’s Harp. Jem and Scout were surprised because whenever they played checker with Atticus, Atticus always let them win. So Jem and Scout never had a chance to discover Atticus’s true ability. However, since Miss Maudie told Jem and Scout about what Atticus were good at, Jem and Scout were in a great shock. But, that was not all…

One Saturday, Jem and Scout decided to go exploring with their air rifles to see if they could find a rabbit or squirrel, but unfortunately they have found themselves a mad dog slowly coming towards the main resident street. The dog was scary; it acted like a beast that didn’t eat for days, and it’s going to hunt down whoever stood on its way. Scout and Jem didn’t know why Mr. Tate gave the heavy rifle to Atticus and told Atticus to shoot the dog. It was then Jem and Scout knew that their father was called “One-shot Finch” because Atticus shot the dog dead in a flash with just one single bullet. Miss Maudie said that when Atticus was still young, if Atticus shot fifteen times and hit fourteen doves he’d complain about wasting ammunition. Atticus was civilized in his heart. Marksmanship was a gift of God, a talent. Atticus put his gun down when he realized that God had given him an unfair advantage over most living things. So, Atticus decided he wouldn’t shoot until he had to. In this case, Atticus had to shoot the dog because he had to protect the town folks. Jem and Scout was totally astounded by their special-gifted father, Jem and Scout never knew that their father could do such things other than reading books. Atticus was a highly skilled gunman.

And there was another time when Tom Robinson’s incident with Mayella Ewell occurred and Atticus had to help Tom to win the trial because Atticus believed that Tom didn’t rape Mayella, and he was determined to prove it to everyone in the town.

This time, Jem and Scout clearly saw how their father does his job in the court. With Atticus’s critical thinking skills, he managed to show that Mayella’s story was a bag of lies. Atticus was never a ******-lover or anything like that, he used the same kind of way he did to Mayella to Tom Robinson, and Tom’s story was definitely the truth. When Atticus questioned Mayella for a few times over the same questions and Mayella couldn’t remember what she said at the beginning. However, Tom Robinson was different, he showed no hesitation at all when Atticus questioned him over and over again on the same questions. And Tom’s answers to Atticus’s questions remained the same as always. Atticus clearly showed why Mayella was telling the lies and Tom did not, because the state had not produced one iota of medical evidence to the effect that the crime Tom Robinson was charged with ever took place. People thought that Atticus had won the trial, nevertheless the judge didn’t make the right verdict.

Based on all this story told by her daughter Scout Finch on her father Atticus Finch, she learned that Atticus has incredible talents that normal people could not dream to have, Atticus was able to hide all his “unfair” talents to himself because Atticus Finch was a real gentleman.

asertus will become famous soon enough. (+50) asertus will become famous soon enough. (+50) asertus will become famous soon enough. (+50) asertus will become famous soon enough. (+50) asertus will become famous soon enough. (+50) asertus will become famous soon enough. (+50) asertus will become famous soon enough. (+50) asertus will become famous soon enough. (+50) asertus will become famous soon enough. (+50) asertus will become famous soon enough. (+50) asertus will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    here it comes.... feel free to use it....

Thanks

JZT will become famous soon enough. (+50) JZT will become famous soon enough. (+50) JZT will become famous soon enough. (+50) JZT will become famous soon enough. (+50) JZT will become famous soon enough. (+50) JZT will become famous soon enough. (+50) JZT will become famous soon enough. (+50) JZT will become famous soon enough. (+50) JZT will become famous soon enough. (+50) JZT will become famous soon enough. (+50) JZT will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    By thesis statement I thought you meant something with this format:

Intro: State a fact from the story and talk about the author.

Paragraph 1.
    Reason #1 why this is true.
    Citation to back up reason #1.
    Explain how the citation is related to the reason #1.

Paragraph 2.
    Reason #2 why this is true.
    Citation to back up reason #2.
    Explain how the citation is related to the reason #2.

Paragraph 3.
    Reason #3 why this is true.
    Citation to back up reason #3.
    Explain how the citation is related to the reason #3.

Conclusion: Reitation of thesis statement and opening.

That's the format I'm used to anyways, good luck.

Assignment: “Atticus Finch is the same in his house as he is on the public streets” Explain what Miss Maudie means by these words and, referring to both his professional and his private life, say what you think are Atticus’s most important qualities and how the author presents him to the reader.

To Kill a Mockingbird was written by Harper Lee who was born in 1926 and grew up in Alabama. In this assignment I will see how Atticus behaves with different characters and how these bring out different aspects of his character. I will also discuss how different events and situations bring out different aspects of his character.

Atticus is a proud and modest man with a calm character and a strong sense of justice and he agrees to defend Tom Robinson because it he refuses to do so then “he couldn’t hold his head up in town”. This shows that if he did refuse then he would be ashamed of himself and that self-pride is far more important to him than popularity. “I’ve got to live with myself” is how he explains to Scout his determination to defend Tom Robinson. He does not want to take this case but sees it as a duty.

When Miss Maudie says, “Atticus Finch is the same in his house as he is on the public streets”, it becomes apparent that she means that Atticus is kind-hearted and always wanting to do the write thing both for his children and for Tom Robinson. In other words he is just plain and simple yet he acts like this wherever he is.

Atticus shows a lot of courage and behaviour in many instances throughout the story, not by fighting or killing, but by standing up for what he believed in a civilized way. His strongest motivation, however, were his kids. He wants to be a good example for his kids and instil in them a strong sense of moral values. One time Scout asks him why he had taken a case he knew he was not going to win and he responded by saying, "For a number of reasons. The main one is, if I didn't I couldn't hold up my head in town, I couldn't represent this county in the legislature, I couldn't even tell you or Jem not to do something again.” In other words, he would not have been able to talk to his kids about justice and standing up for what one believes when he himself had not stood for what he believed in. He wants to know that there is no reason for him to hang his head in shame and shy away when he is walking down the streets. Proud people tend to be arrogant and snobbish, but instead he is neither. He never boasts about his talent and certainly would disapprove Scout or Jem boasting on his behalf. Atticus has many talents and regardless of these achievements he never assumes anyone is inferior to himself. When Walter Cunningham comes to lunch, Scout is arrogant enough to declare, “he ain’t company…he’s just a Cunningham”, but Atticus speaks with Walter as though they are equal in status. Scouts reports, “they talked together like two men”. This image shows that Atticus does not discriminate anyone.

Atticus remains calm when provoked directly. For example, looking at how he handles Bob Ewell's challenge: “Too proud to fight?” “No,” says Atticus, “too old”. This suggests that it may seem to us at first thought that Atticus is no longer strong and fit enough to fight; but also it might mean that fighting is not something that adults should do, which implies that Bob has not grown up.

Atticus has an essential role in the novel. As a father, Atticus is truthful, fair and loyal his children, Scout and Jem. He acts as both a father and a teacher to them, educating them in the social and moral expectations of their society. He treats them with respect and wants them to understand why things happen in the community, what is wrong with society and how to try and change them and improve themselves at the same time. Atticus didn’t believe in spoiling his children or shouting at them but instead believed respect for each other. Honesty and self respect were very important to Atticus and in order to be able to tell his children what to do or to enable him to order them about, he firstly had to prove to himself that he was doing the right thing, and that he could hold his head up high in the community. Atticus needed to show the children what he called ‘ Real courage’ and in taking Tom Robinson’s case he knew it was the right thing to do, to stand up for something he believed in even though he knew he would lose the case before he started. However, the important thing to Atticus was to give it his best shot and to give his very best to try to help some one worse off than himself, especially as Tom was a black man, showing that he was a man of principles and someone who wasn’t hypocritical about his beliefs. He tried to make Scout and Jem understand things from other people’s points of view and try to see why this is important: “You never really know a person until you climb into his skin and walk around in it.” This basically says, ‘don’t judge a book by its cover’. In other words don’t kill a mockingbird, something which has done no harm.

As a lawyer, Atticus is again an ideal character as fair and equal and is the best man at his job. The whole fact that he took Tom Robinson’s case and listened to his conscience, when he knew he would lose, showed what sort of character Harper Lee wanted Atticus to be. He knew that the justice system at that time was prejudiced and immoral and that it was certain that Tom Robinson would be found guilty. “We were licked before we started”.

This shows the reader that deep down Atticus was aware that the case was hopeless, but he acted on his principals and took it anyway. In the trial, he completely turned the case around, proving just by asking simple questions that Mayella was lying and that Bob Ewell was an awful father. It was obvious by the end of the trial to everyone that Robinson was innocent and it was then that Harper Lee used the injustice of his imprisonment to put across her ideas about racial prejudice.

The role Atticus plays as a father is an idealistic role as he is never too harsh nor to kind, in fact, he seems to be an ideal parent. However, as a character on the whole, I think he is not completely realistic. I think that he is not human enough to be a believable character. This is because he is always a bit too nice and everything he does, for example seeing good in people, confirms my thinking. No one is perfect and the fact that Atticus has very little faults makes him an unrealistic character. He is only believable as a character of hope and is a way for Harper Lee to convey her ideas. However, I do believe that Atticus is a very consistent character because throughout the play he is always truthful and fair. Miss Maudie says, “Atticus Finch is the same in his house as he is on the public streets”, which means that Atticus is the same at home with his family as he is outside his home with the community. This seems to be a good thing about his character but then again it is very unrealistic. As Harper Lee conveys her views through Atticus, the reader realises what was wrong with the society. For me he is a series of ideas, beliefs and dreams but in reality not a realistic character.

Originally Posted by stake_n_taters View Post
    oh hai

way to leave me out
    checks the reps out now. and thats a very good thesis statement, time to email my teacher it.

Originally Posted by asertus View Post
    Character Analysis

Atticus Finch, he was a good father, a talented shooter and an intelligent lawyer in the book of ?To Kill a Mocking Bird?.

In the story, the Finches? original landing was an old town called Maycomb. Atticus Finch was related by blood or marriage to nearly every family in Maycomb and he had lived in Maycomb almost all his life. Atticus went to Montgomery to study law in his earlier life then he met a Graham and married her, two years after Scout was born, Atticus?s wife died from a sudden heart attack. Atticus remained unmarried after his wife passed out; Atticus would not marry anyone else because his heart had a scar so deep that he could not ever recover. Atticus worked as a lawyer in Maycomb ever since, he lived a normal life with his family. There were a lot of things going on in Maycomb, as the story continued on, the events happened in Maycomb revealed Atticus?s true identities to the readers. In the beginning of the story from Jem and Scout?s views, ?Atticus was a boring father that only knows how to go to work every morning and comes back digging into his books, Atticus couldn?t do anything. Atticus worked in an office, not in a drugstore. Atticus did not drive a dump truck, Atticus was a useless man.? However, soon after that, Scout and Jem discovered what their father Atticus Finch was in capable of?

According to what Miss Maudie said, Atticus was the best checker-player in Maycomb, and Atticus could also play a Jew?s Harp. Jem and Scout were surprised because whenever they played checker with Atticus, Atticus always let them win. So Jem and Scout never had a chance to discover Atticus?s true ability. However, since Miss Maudie told Jem and Scout about what Atticus were good at, Jem and Scout were in a great shock. But, that was not all?

One Saturday, Jem and Scout decided to go exploring with their air rifles to see if they could find a rabbit or squirrel, but unfortunately they have found themselves a mad dog slowly coming towards the main resident street. The dog was scary; it acted like a beast that didn?t eat for days, and it?s going to hunt down whoever stood on its way. Scout and Jem didn?t know why Mr. Tate gave the heavy rifle to Atticus and told Atticus to shoot the dog. It was then Jem and Scout knew that their father was called ?One-shot Finch? because Atticus shot the dog dead in a flash with just one single bullet. Miss Maudie said that when Atticus was still young, if Atticus shot fifteen times and hit fourteen doves he?d complain about wasting ammunition. Atticus was civilized in his heart. Marksmanship was a gift of God, a talent. Atticus put his gun down when he realized that God had given him an unfair advantage over most living things. So, Atticus decided he wouldn?t shoot until he had to. In this case, Atticus had to shoot the dog because he had to protect the town folks. Jem and Scout was totally astounded by their special-gifted father, Jem and Scout never knew that their father could do such things other than reading books. Atticus was a highly skilled gunman.

And there was another time when Tom Robinson?s incident with Mayella Ewell occurred and Atticus had to help Tom to win the trial because Atticus believed that Tom didn?t rape Mayella, and he was determined to prove it to everyone in the town.

This time, Jem and Scout clearly saw how their father does his job in the court. With Atticus?s critical thinking skills, he managed to show that Mayella?s story was a bag of lies. Atticus was never a ******-lover or anything like that, he used the same kind of way he did to Mayella to Tom Robinson, and Tom?s story was definitely the truth. When Atticus questioned Mayella for a few times over the same questions and Mayella couldn?t remember what she said at the beginning. However, Tom Robinson was different, he showed no hesitation at all when Atticus questioned him over and over again on the same questions. And Tom?s answers to Atticus?s questions remained the same as always. Atticus clearly showed why Mayella was telling the lies and Tom did not, because the state had not produced one iota of medical evidence to the effect that the crime Tom Robinson was charged with ever took place. People thought that Atticus had won the trial, nevertheless the judge didn?t make the right verdict.

Based on all this story told by her daughter Scout Finch on her father Atticus Finch, she learned that Atticus has incredible talents that normal people could not dream to have, Atticus was able to hide all his ?unfair? talents to himself because Atticus Finch was a real gentleman.
    haha i've read that too. but reps for trying

here it comes.... feel free to use it....

Thanks
    que?

Harper Lee, the writer, has created Atticus Finch to be a conscientious, considerate character; that is a good father to his children and is greatly respected throughout Maycomb County. He treats his children with the utmost respect and is always there to help them along in life. The character of Atticus Finch is a strong believer in equality for all, he is not racist or sexist and even though few people at the time had similar views, he is not one to be afraid of voicing his opinions. The reader sees Atticus to be a good role model to his children, making sure that they are his top priority.

Atticus and Scout have a pleasant relationship with each other. His character always seems to have time to sit down and listen to what she has to say and is always there to give a bit of advice:

“Something wrong, Scout?”

Even though in the novel Atticus is at work most days, he will always have time for what really matters. The writer presents him as being generally concerned about what Scout is saying and listens intently. Then he waits until she has finished, and is ready for him to speak. This not only shows a great deal of respect in their relationship, but also that they have a special connection with each other, allowing them to communicate with little being said.

Atticus teaches Scout some of his character’s moral codes and values throughout the novel. Thus, showing that he cares for her and is prepared to spend his free time teaching his daughter to grow up to be a mature, sophisticated woman:

“You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view.”

Lee shows that Atticus is a wise and intelligent guider for his children. He wants to teach them the ‘correct’ way to live life. What Atticus is trying to teach Scout is that you never really know somebody and what they are thinking unless “you consider things from his point of view”. Once you’ve done so, your understanding of their thoughts and feelings will have changed. In this instance Scout probably does not understand what Atticus has said. But as the novel progresses, she comprehends the true meaning. A good example of this is when Scout stands on the Radley porch looking at the world from Boo Radley’s point of view.

Most of the time Jem and his father seem to get on very well, but there were parts in the novel where they did not agree on certain things:

“I thought I wanted to be a lawyer, but I ain’t sure now!”

At times, Jem is rebellious towards his father and wants to voice his opinions, but he is worried of what the consequences might be and waits until “Atticus was out of earshot”. Lee includes this in the novel to show the children growing up and also possibly to show how Atticus, as a father, would deal with the situation. He does not mention this again; instead he gives Jem time and space to clear his head. It is times like this that the character of Atticus demonstrates his sensitive side, which is yet another great characteristic that Lee has created for him.

At other times in the novel you can really feel the bond between them both:

“Atticus is a gentleman just like me”

Lee presents Atticus to be a good role model, and at points Jem idolizes him and wants to grow into a man just like Atticus. This emphasises that Atticus’s character is a worthy father to his children, and Lee makes sure the reader knows this by mentioning, on many occasions, how he is able to deal with his children’s thoughts and feelings in a calm yet helpful way.

Atticus has very individual and unique characteristics, especially for the 1930s. Instead of following what everyone else is thinking, he sticks to his moral principles with great humility. This was a time when people were extremely sexist and racist. And, despite everyone else Atticus is not, he is different, he has integrity and sticks to his beliefs:

“Anything fit to say at the table’s fit to say in front of Calpurnia”

This quotation just highlights how strongly Lee presents Atticus to believe in equal rights to all. He does not think because Calpurnia is a Negro that she does not have the right to hear what is going on. He believes that whether you are black or white it does not matter. From this, the reader can really understand that the character of Atticus respects the equality that all humans should have. By reading the novel the reader can see that Atticus is a strong believer in human rights, he considers other people’s feelings as well as his own, for example Calpurnia’s feelings. If Atticus had made Calpurnia leave, then as a reader you would understand that her character would probably feel left out, and Atticus would not want that.

Not only that, but he has the quality of humility; Atticus does not boast or brag about his talents, he is so self-confident that he can go on with life without needing compliments from others:

“I reckon if he’d wanted us to know it, he’da told us.”

This quotation stresses the fact that Atticus does not tell everyone about his talents. Humility is usually seen as a good characteristic to have, it shows maturity and individuality both of which the character of Atticus has. Harper Lee really tries to get the point across that Atticus is a well-meaning character. He always goes by what he thinks is best. Even though he is always willing to listen, I do not think that the character of Atticus would change his moral principles, he sticks by what he believes and what is important to him. In this instance, the reader can really see that even though his character may have great talents he is not one to flaunt and boast about them.

The writer shows Atticus to be very tolerant, both with work and at home with his children. He sums up the situation before speaking and he is ready to open his mind to the other side of the argument:

“I wish Bob Ewell wouldn’t chew tobacco,”

This is a case of when Atticus shows immense tolerance, instead of fighting back he simply walks away and does not hold too much of a grudge. He does not discuss the incident again; he feels there is no point. The writer suggests that Atticus probably has his opinions, but he keeps them reasonably to himself. This is another one of Atticus’s good characteristics which make up the character he is.

Not only is the character of Atticus passionate about life, he is also very passionate about his job as a lawyer and a representative of Maycomb County. The main part of the novel where you see Atticus in his role as a lawyer is the Tom Robinson trial:

“Is this the man that raped you?... How?”

This emphasises just how clever Atticus really is. He wants to find the truth, but in order to do this he knows he has to be clever about the situation. He most likely sees his job as a bit of a challenge. But, in my opinion Atticus is someone who likes a challenge. He wants to prove to Maycomb County that just because someone has accused a coloured man of a crime, it does not mean they have committed it.

By reading the novel, the reader realises that Atticus sees his career as an important part of life. If he did not then he probably would not have accepted the Tom Robinson trial in the first place. Not only that, but to “hold his head high” and progress with the trial with dignity and passion just shows how important he sees the role of being a lawyer is. In fact the way he goes about his career is very similar to the way he goes about life in general. His views and opinions shown outside the courthouse are shown in the courthouse as well:

“Atticus Finch is the same in his house as he is on the public streets.”

The character of Miss Maudie is saying that Atticus’s opinions are the same wherever he is, he has nothing to hide. His attitude towards people never changes; he is consistent with his principles showing immense integrity. In his role as a lawyer he acts the same as he would at home. This is possibly why Atticus’s character is such a good lawyer; he is confident in what he is saying and also very self assured.

Harper Lee uses a variety of techniques to present Atticus’s character to the reader. One way she does so is in the key events of the novel, which reveal his true personality and values:

“Mr Cunningham was part of a mob last night, but he was still a man”

Even in difficult situations Atticus is still keen to see the better side of people. This may be a bit naпve of him, but that is just the kind of character that Harper Lee has created. Atticus is a proud father and is always willing to give people a second chance.

Not only does the reader get a view of Atticus by what happens, but also by what other people say and act around him:

“Mr Bob Ewell… spat in his face, and told him he’d get him if it took the rest of his life.”

By the way that Harper Lee writes the novel; she makes sure that Atticus’s character does not come across as the one being in the wrong. Of course the reader has to remember that the novel is written from Scout’s perspective so she is always going to favour her father over others. Lee writes the novel so the reader is on Atticus’s side and makes the reader think that Mr Bob Ewell is the one doing the wrong thing.

Another technique the writer uses to present his character to the reader is selecting the things that Atticus says carefully:

“You just hold your head high and be a gentleman.”

Anything that Atticus says is always from the good of his heart. He is very supportive to his children and respectful of others. The writer presents him as a person with a “civilised heart”, with peace at mind and someone who takes life as it comes.

Towards the end of the novel Atticus plays a major role in the events. Harper Lee has tried to make his character’s reactions as believable as possible:

“I thought he got it all out of him the day he threatened me. Even if he had not, I thought he’d come after me.”

Atticus is a naпve character, but it’s just the way he has been made out to be by Lee, and this quotation just emphasises that fact. This could have been classed as one of the few mistakes that Atticus made throughout the novel. He took no precautions for his or his children’s safety even though he had received threats from Bob Ewell. From these events I think Atticus learnt that some people are not worth giving a second chance to.

Even though everything said and done shows and develops the readers’ opinion of the character of Atticus, you have to remember that it is seen through Scout’s eyes, and the events are interpreted by Scout:

“It was times like these when I thought my father… was the bravest man who ever lived”

Because the novel is narrated by Scout it influences the readers’ thoughts of what is going on. Scout is just a young girl in the novel and does not always understand everything to its true meaning. If you look at the shooting of the dog from a different perspective, other than Scout’s, then you might think otherwise. Also because the novel is narrated by Scout you do not really see the other side of the argument, the reader just follows Scout’s opinions and thoughts.

In conclusion Atticus Finch is presented by Harper Lee to show professional qualities of high standards, never pre-judgemental and personal traits of non-racism, equality to all and a strong father figure. In my opinion, I think Atticus is a man that we should all look up to. Even though he is only a character created by Harper Lee, he is still a man that many of us would aspire to be like. He is kind-hearted and always there to stand up for righteousness in what he believes is justice. Also, he is strong minded, self confident and quite self dependant, which I see as many qualities I would like to have. If everyone had characteristics like Atticus Finch the world would be a better place

Energetical is just really nice. (+1000) Energetical is just really nice. (+1000) Energetical is just really nice. (+1000) Energetical is just really nice. (+1000) Energetical is just really nice. (+1000) Energetical is just really nice. (+1000) Energetical is just really nice. (+1000) Energetical is just really nice. (+1000) Energetical is just really nice. (+1000) Energetical is just really nice. (+1000) Energetical is just really nice. (+1000)
    uhm i'm black...

Haa thanks mate

PremierGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) PremierGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) PremierGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) PremierGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) PremierGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) PremierGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) PremierGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) PremierGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) PremierGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) PremierGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) PremierGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Atticus finch is a well discipined and humble man with strong morals.

Disciplined- ? I wish Bob Ewell wouldn?t chew tobacco " was all he said when Bob Ewell spat in his face. He didn't have any intentions of attacking.

humble- he never bragged about being called "One shot Finch."

Strong Morals- He defended Tom Robinson's case although he was black and everybody was against him. He gave wise teachings to his 2 kid's like how you never know someone unti you step in their shoes.

I wasnt realy sure what you were asking for actually. But whatever here.

DerekSuds is just really nice. (+1000) DerekSuds is just really nice. (+1000) DerekSuds is just really nice. (+1000) DerekSuds is just really nice. (+1000) DerekSuds is just really nice. (+1000) DerekSuds is just really nice. (+1000) DerekSuds is just really nice. (+1000) DerekSuds is just really nice. (+1000) DerekSuds is just really nice. (+1000) DerekSuds is just really nice. (+1000) DerekSuds is just really nice. (+1000)
    say something along the lines of 'atticus finch represents a rare glimpse of the good/selfless side of human nature' or something like that dont have time to actually write you a thesis but teachers love abstract things like that

PremierGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) PremierGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) PremierGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) PremierGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) PremierGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) PremierGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) PremierGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) PremierGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) PremierGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) PremierGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) PremierGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Character Analysis

Atticus Finch, he was a good father, a talented shooter and an intelligent lawyer in the book of ?To Kill a Mocking Bird?.

In the story, the Finches? original landing was an old town called Maycomb. Atticus Finch was related by blood or marriage to nearly every family in Maycomb and he had lived in Maycomb almost all his life. Atticus went to Montgomery to study law in his earlier life then he met a Graham and married her, two years after Scout was born, Atticus?s wife died from a sudden heart attack. Atticus remained unmarried after his wife passed out; Atticus would not marry anyone else because his heart had a scar so deep that he could not ever recover. Atticus worked as a lawyer in Maycomb ever since, he lived a normal life with his family. There were a lot of things going on in Maycomb, as the story continued on, the events happened in Maycomb revealed Atticus?s true identities to the readers. In the beginning of the story from Jem and Scout?s views, ?Atticus was a boring father that only knows how to go to work every morning and comes back digging into his books, Atticus couldn?t do anything. Atticus worked in an office, not in a drugstore. Atticus did not drive a dump truck, Atticus was a useless man.? However, soon after that, Scout and Jem discovered what their father Atticus Finch was in capable of?

According to what Miss Maudie said, Atticus was the best checker-player in Maycomb, and Atticus could also play a Jew?s Harp. Jem and Scout were surprised because whenever they played checker with Atticus, Atticus always let them win. So Jem and Scout never had a chance to discover Atticus?s true ability. However, since Miss Maudie told Jem and Scout about what Atticus were good at, Jem and Scout were in a great shock. But, that was not all?

One Saturday, Jem and Scout decided to go exploring with their air rifles to see if they could find a rabbit or squirrel, but unfortunately they have found themselves a mad dog slowly coming towards the main resident street. The dog was scary; it acted like a beast that didn?t eat for days, and it?s going to hunt down whoever stood on its way. Scout and Jem didn?t know why Mr. Tate gave the heavy rifle to Atticus and told Atticus to shoot the dog. It was then Jem and Scout knew that their father was called ?One-shot Finch? because Atticus shot the dog dead in a flash with just one single bullet. Miss Maudie said that when Atticus was still young, if Atticus shot fifteen times and hit fourteen doves he?d complain about wasting ammunition. Atticus was civilized in his heart. Marksmanship was a gift of God, a talent. Atticus put his gun down when he realized that God had given him an unfair advantage over most living things. So, Atticus decided he wouldn?t shoot until he had to. In this case, Atticus had to shoot the dog because he had to protect the town folks. Jem and Scout was totally astounded by their special-gifted father, Jem and Scout never knew that their father could do such things other than reading books. Atticus was a highly skilled gunman.

And there was another time when Tom Robinson?s incident with Mayella Ewell occurred and Atticus had to help Tom to win the trial because Atticus believed that Tom didn?t rape Mayella, and he was determined to prove it to everyone in the town.

This time, Jem and Scout clearly saw how their father does his job in the court. With Atticus?s critical thinking skills, he managed to show that Mayella?s story was a bag of lies. Atticus was never a ******-lover or anything like that, he used the same kind of way he did to Mayella to Tom Robinson, and Tom?s story was definitely the truth. When Atticus questioned Mayella for a few times over the same questions and Mayella couldn?t remember what she said at the beginning. However, Tom Robinson was different, he showed no hesitation at all when Atticus questioned him over and over again on the same questions. And Tom?s answers to Atticus?s questions remained the same as always. Atticus clearly showed why Mayella was telling the lies and Tom did not, because the state had not produced one iota of medical evidence to the effect that the crime Tom Robinson was charged with ever took place. People thought that Atticus had won the trial, nevertheless the judge didn?t make the right verdict.

Based on all this story told by her daughter Scout Finch on her father Atticus Finch, she learned that Atticus has incredible talents that normal people could not dream to have, Atticus was able to hide all his ?unfair? talents to himself because Atticus Finch was a real gentleman.

he might as well read the story

Natetan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Natetan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Natetan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Natetan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Natetan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Natetan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Natetan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Natetan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Natetan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Natetan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Natetan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Relate Atticus finch as a 'jesus' type character in the story, its easy to make the connection (if you read the book). You'll teacher will love it.

PumpinPaddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PumpinPaddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PumpinPaddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PumpinPaddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PumpinPaddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PumpinPaddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PumpinPaddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PumpinPaddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PumpinPaddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PumpinPaddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PumpinPaddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    ive loads of notes and answers on this from a few years back, just cant remember off the top of my head, ill have a look and post up some ideas later
    My journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=110608191

"But I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle ? victorious" - Vince Lombardi

MilkGut is just really nice. (+1000) MilkGut is just really nice. (+1000) MilkGut is just really nice. (+1000) MilkGut is just really nice. (+1000) MilkGut is just really nice. (+1000) MilkGut is just really nice. (+1000) MilkGut is just really nice. (+1000) MilkGut is just really nice. (+1000) MilkGut is just really nice. (+1000) MilkGut is just really nice. (+1000) MilkGut is just really nice. (+1000)
    Some black dude rapes a chick. But he really doesn't. IDK who did what but that's all I remember.

CaptConservativ is not very helpful. (-500) CaptConservativ is not very helpful. (-500) CaptConservativ is not very helpful. (-500) CaptConservativ is not very helpful. (-500) CaptConservativ is not very helpful. (-500) CaptConservativ is not very helpful. (-500) CaptConservativ is not very helpful. (-500) CaptConservativ is not very helpful. (-500) CaptConservativ is not very helpful. (-500) CaptConservativ is not very helpful. (-500) CaptConservativ is not very helpful. (-500)
    Character Analysis

looks like a copy/paste job

wouldnt use it if i were you cause its probably a very well known analysis of atticus and your teacher probably has seen it before.

wanna 0 for plagarism?

xx0725 will become famous soon enough. (+50) xx0725 will become famous soon enough. (+50) xx0725 will become famous soon enough. (+50) xx0725 will become famous soon enough. (+50) xx0725 will become famous soon enough. (+50) xx0725 will become famous soon enough. (+50) xx0725 will become famous soon enough. (+50) xx0725 will become famous soon enough. (+50) xx0725 will become famous soon enough. (+50) xx0725 will become famous soon enough. (+50) xx0725 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Atticus caught a black man, named Boo, "rutting" on his daughter Mayella. You might say something about how Atticus' racism affects his reaction.

codyistheman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) codyistheman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) codyistheman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) codyistheman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) codyistheman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) codyistheman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) codyistheman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) codyistheman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) codyistheman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) codyistheman is a jewel in the rough. (+500) codyistheman is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    that book is ****in gay, im reading it now in class

The Panting Walrus BowtotheFlex's Avatar
    BowtotheFlex is on a distinguished road. (+10) BowtotheFlex is on a distinguished road. (+10) BowtotheFlex is on a distinguished road. (+10) BowtotheFlex is on a distinguished road. (+10) BowtotheFlex is on a distinguished road. (+10) BowtotheFlex is on a distinguished road. (+10) BowtotheFlex is on a distinguished road. (+10) BowtotheFlex is on a distinguished road. (+10) BowtotheFlex is on a distinguished road. (+10) BowtotheFlex is on a distinguished road. (+10) BowtotheFlex is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by codyistheman View Post
    that book is ****in gay, im reading it now in class
    you wouldn't think so if u didnt have such a bad attitude.

tyty88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tyty88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tyty88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tyty88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tyty88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tyty88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tyty88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tyty88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tyty88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tyty88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tyty88 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    great book if u like it i reccomend inherit the wind its absolutley amazing but just spark note. Also i hate people who hate reading just for the simple fact that they are required to do so and i am not much of a reader anyway

Phiilthy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Phiilthy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Phiilthy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Phiilthy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Phiilthy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Phiilthy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Phiilthy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Phiilthy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Phiilthy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Phiilthy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Phiilthy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I hated TKAMB...

just read it awhile ago too.

thesis statement = Atticus walks in the image of Jesus.

compare him to jesus and you'll get at least a 90.

N01SYtZ is a name known to all. (+5000) N01SYtZ is a name known to all. (+5000) N01SYtZ is a name known to all. (+5000) N01SYtZ is a name known to all. (+5000) N01SYtZ is a name known to all. (+5000) N01SYtZ is a name known to all. (+5000) N01SYtZ is a name known to all. (+5000) N01SYtZ is a name known to all. (+5000) N01SYtZ is a name known to all. (+5000) N01SYtZ is a name known to all. (+5000) N01SYtZ is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Another book where there's a evil white man a nice white man and of course an innocent black man...
    just sayin
    PSN: KILLEMALLDNTFRNT

Viktor777 is just really nice. (+1000) Viktor777 is just really nice. (+1000) Viktor777 is just really nice. (+1000) Viktor777 is just really nice. (+1000) Viktor777 is just really nice. (+1000) Viktor777 is just really nice. (+1000) Viktor777 is just really nice. (+1000) Viktor777 is just really nice. (+1000) Viktor777 is just really nice. (+1000) Viktor777 is just really nice. (+1000) Viktor777 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Lolz bro i just read that book and gotta make a myspace bout tom robinson

batmanman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) batmanman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) batmanman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) batmanman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) batmanman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) batmanman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) batmanman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) batmanman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) batmanman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) batmanman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) batmanman has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    one flew over the cuckoos nest was better

PokLim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PokLim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PokLim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PokLim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PokLim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PokLim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PokLim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PokLim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PokLim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PokLim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PokLim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    good book.

the movie was crapadellic