Saik has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Saik has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Saik has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Saik has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Saik has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Saik has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Saik has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Saik has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Saik has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Saik has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Saik has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Accutane = Joint Pain = PISS ME OFF

i hate accutane, when the docter told me that i may get minor joint pain, i really over-looked it and thought "no it cant be that bad", but no, this **** makes me tired as hell, and I can't play soccer, or jog anymore because my ****ing knee's kill me some badly. I'm on 60mg a day and i use to be on 80mg but i got it lowered. I'm debating to come off it but i've been on it for 3-4 months and i have seen fairly great results. I cant workout anymore because my elbow joints and shoulders hurt beyond belief, I have a hard time benching my old warm-up weight for reps. This **** is evil and i do not suggest anyone to go on it.
    Does anyone else have any stories or just want to bitch like me?
    if you read this far, thanks for listening and I recommend you never take accutane, I would rather have a pizza face than have joint pain and be able to participate in sports anyday.
    Would proactiv work as a substitute if i got off accutane?
    "Everybody wanna be a body builder, ain't nobody wanna lift dat heavey ass weight." - Ronnie Coleman

"THAT'S HOW A NIGGUH EATS!" - Kimbo Slice

"Ain't nothin to it but to do it" - Ronnie Coleman

SiR_Mikey is on a distinguished road. (+10) SiR_Mikey is on a distinguished road. (+10) SiR_Mikey is on a distinguished road. (+10) SiR_Mikey is on a distinguished road. (+10) SiR_Mikey is on a distinguished road. (+10) SiR_Mikey is on a distinguished road. (+10) SiR_Mikey is on a distinguished road. (+10) SiR_Mikey is on a distinguished road. (+10) SiR_Mikey is on a distinguished road. (+10) SiR_Mikey is on a distinguished road. (+10) SiR_Mikey is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Clean and Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleanser

I've tried everything under the sun with the exception of Accutane. I've tried Dr. prescribed ointments, every face cleaner, scrub, kit, etc. I've put **** on my face that would make some people go wtf and burned like crazy. I don't know how bad your face gets, but try the Clean and Clear. I still have random breakouts every now and then, but they aren't NEARLY as bad as before.

I use it 3 times a day religiously (that being the key). When I wake up, after the gym(or any other time I sweat a lot), and at night.

It tends to work better when I use it in the shower and the steam allows my pours to open up.

Saik has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Saik has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Saik has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Saik has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Saik has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Saik has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Saik has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Saik has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Saik has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Saik has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Saik has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    thanks alot man, I'd still like to hear what other people have to say, this is a big topic concerning alot of people i read on the internet.....
    "Everybody wanna be a body builder, ain't nobody wanna lift dat heavey ass weight." - Ronnie Coleman

Vishus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vishus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vishus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vishus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vishus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vishus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vishus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vishus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vishus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vishus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vishus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I couldn't do legs for the 6 months when I was on accutane because the pain in my knees was so bad.

Originally Posted by Vishus View Post
    I couldn't do legs for the 6 months when I was on accutane because the pain in my knees was so bad.
    Vishus i have a question for you, what was your dose? how long did u take accutane for? how long did the pain stay with u after u quit? and do you have any long-term pain due to the use of the drug?

Gilligan7408 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gilligan7408 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gilligan7408 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gilligan7408 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gilligan7408 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gilligan7408 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gilligan7408 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gilligan7408 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gilligan7408 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gilligan7408 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gilligan7408 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    how long have you been taking it? ive been on it for about a month, taking 80mg a day and i have had zero joint problems, only thing i got is dryness on my face, hands, lips, and my eyes get dry somtimes, and belive it or not my hair looks to be thinning out at the front of my head, the say hair loss is a rare side effect but othe than that i havent had any joint pains, at least not yet.

It really depends on the person and how long youve been taking it for. But in all honeslty, I have noticed a change in the first month in my face and i know it will be better in the next months and theres no way in hell that im gonna stop taking it.

CHAPPED LIPS AERE A BITCH!

Originally Posted by Gilligan7408 View Post
    how long have you been taking it? ive been on it for about a month, taking 80mg a day and i have had zero joint problems, only thing i got is dryness on my face, hands, lips, and my eyes get dry somtimes, and belive it or not my hair looks to be thinning out at the front of my head, the say hair loss is a rare side effect but othe than that i havent had any joint pains, at least not yet.

It really depends on the person and how long youve been taking it for. But in all honeslty, I have noticed a change in the first month in my face and i know it will be better in the next months and theres no way in hell that im gonna stop taking it.

CHAPPED LIPS AERE A BITCH!
    I started out with 30mg, than 40, than 60, than 80, now im back down to 60, I've been on accutane for 3-4 months and im glad ur not having any joint pain, this **** is the worst, but yes drying of the face, being de-hydrated and such i can live with, its this stuff that limits me from excercise and playing sports im passionate in is what is really taking me down a steep hill.

Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000) Blue Blazer is a name known to all. (+5000)
    All I take is Clindoxyl by Stieffel Gel and Retin-A by Johnsson and Johnsson

Both recommended by a Doc I think, not sure lol...anyway he gave me the stuff, one of em is prescription. I put both on, one after the other, before going to bed, wear a t-shirt (my acne is on my back and chest) then hit the hay

It itches a bit, but after using it a few times, that itch seems to go away

Works great

yah my acne on my chest, back, and shoulders is gone, its only on my face now, not even on the front of my face, just the side burn area, it sucks...

Gilligan7408 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gilligan7408 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gilligan7408 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gilligan7408 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gilligan7408 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gilligan7408 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gilligan7408 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gilligan7408 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gilligan7408 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gilligan7408 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gilligan7408 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Saik View Post
    I started out with 30mg, than 40, than 60, than 80, now im back down to 60, I've been on accutane for 3-4 months and im glad ur not having any joint pain, this **** is the worst, but yes drying of the face, being de-hydrated and such i can live with, its this stuff that limits me from excercise and playing sports im passionate in is what is really taking me down a steep hill.
    Yea man i totally get your drift, obviously it sucks that you cant exercise, maybe you could try joint pain products? I know i saw a slew of them at GNC once, best of luck to you though

RSJRV99RSJRV99RSJRV99RSJR rsjrv99's Avatar
    rsjrv99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rsjrv99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rsjrv99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rsjrv99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rsjrv99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rsjrv99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rsjrv99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rsjrv99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rsjrv99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rsjrv99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rsjrv99 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    do you have spine pain? now that sucks. bending over is like a chore now. along with the fact that I can't wear my contacts anymore, have to apply eye drops every 3-4 hours, and have to apply moisturizer to my arms and face every morning or else im ashy as hell. then theres the chapped lips, and the nose bleeds. i have to scrape blood clots out of my nose or else it clogs it and i cant breathe

but, my face is kinda clear, so its all good

and before anyone says to just use over the counter, i have used EVERYTHING you could possibly tell me to use. nothing has worked until this. for over a year i was on and off different prescription meds also
    "ive seen you around a few times. something is wrong with you. srs." -Joshua91

yah man accutane is a bitch, i dont see why when docters perscribe it you and you agree, they tell u the minor things that might happen and they say "OH the chances of this happening to u is so low" but than it happens.....
    Also my main concern is does the joint pain ever last, like long-term joint pain with a person even when ur done taking accutane :S?!?!

Vishus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vishus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vishus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vishus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vishus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vishus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vishus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vishus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vishus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vishus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vishus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Vishus i have a question for you, what was your dose? how long did u take accutane for? how long did the pain stay with u after u quit? and do you have any long-term pain due to the use of the drug?
    It was 3 years ago so it's hard to remember. I think I took 1 or 2 of the Roche brand capsules a day. I took it for 6 months.

I don't recall how long the joint pain stayed after wards. Maybe a month. It was only in my knees, though. Recently my knees have been acting up again, but I think that has more to do with the fact that I have no arch in my feet and am not using my inserts when I squat.

I don't have any longer term pain, just lots of big scars on my back.

bigpapi417 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigpapi417 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigpapi417 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigpapi417 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigpapi417 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigpapi417 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigpapi417 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigpapi417 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigpapi417 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigpapi417 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigpapi417 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I loved acctuane...but yea my lower back was constantly sore while i was on it...couldnt squat or deadlift for months
    Never Stop Working

JohnB13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnB13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnB13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnB13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnB13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnB13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnB13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnB13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnB13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnB13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JohnB13 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    try animal flex, you would be suprised this will help with a lot of the pain. i was on accutane for 6 months, im now completely clear.

ripped4lyf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ripped4lyf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ripped4lyf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ripped4lyf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Accutane is really hard on the joints, Ive tried everything to help my joints but had no relief. I will try the animal flex this week. I am currently on 40mg and got 5months to go!! This Is my second course in 6yrs. Waxed my chest and broke out! U gota hang in there and complete the course. Its the worst drug to be on! Feel weak and tired cant wait to get off dis ****!!!!

hampo is not very helpful. (-500) hampo is not very helpful. (-500) hampo is not very helpful. (-500) hampo is not very helpful. (-500) hampo is not very helpful. (-500) hampo is not very helpful. (-500) hampo is not very helpful. (-500) hampo is not very helpful. (-500) hampo is not very helpful. (-500) hampo is not very helpful. (-500) hampo is not very helpful. (-500)
    I know how you feel man ive been on accutane on and of for to long. My face isnt terrible but ive got enough acne to be a problem and it gets better but then gets bad again no matter what i do its like a cycle. Its really pissing me of and i hope i just grow out of it.

VICREP will become famous soon enough. (+50) VICREP will become famous soon enough. (+50) VICREP will become famous soon enough. (+50) VICREP will become famous soon enough. (+50) VICREP will become famous soon enough. (+50) VICREP will become famous soon enough. (+50) VICREP will become famous soon enough. (+50) VICREP will become famous soon enough. (+50) VICREP will become famous soon enough. (+50) VICREP will become famous soon enough. (+50) VICREP will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I am going to the doctor friday to try get some.

Now i have read this thread Im a little put off.

Does everyone on it get these side effects?
    Bench: 215
    Squat: 250

"Saving the world one brick at a time"
    - Ben Stapleton (Brick layer)

Registered User canadiantrojan2's Avatar
    canadiantrojan2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) canadiantrojan2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) canadiantrojan2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) canadiantrojan2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) canadiantrojan2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) canadiantrojan2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) canadiantrojan2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i hate accutane, when the docter told me that i may get minor joint pain, i really over-looked it and thought "no it cant be that bad", but no, this **** makes me tired as hell, and I can't play soccer, or jog anymore because my ****ing knee's kill me some badly. I'm on 60mg a day and i use to be on 80mg but i got it lowered. I'm debating to come off it but i've been on it for 3-4 months and i have seen fairly great results. I cant workout anymore because my elbow joints and shoulders hurt beyond belief, I have a hard time benching my old warm-up weight for reps. This **** is evil and i do not suggest anyone to go on it.
    if you read this far, thanks for listening and I recommend you never take accutane, I would rather have a pizza face than have joint pain and be able to participate in sports anyday.
    yeah dude the pain when on acutane is nuts..
    but the thing about acutane and proative. is that acutane cures acne for ever. after i got off. i get absolutly no acne. just an occaional little pimpele..but nothing like i had before. but proactive doesnt cure it. it just treats it and makes it better.
    but id go with the proactive cuz it doesnt give you any pain like accutane does..
    i rep back.

SethOReilly has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm in the same situation you were in. I recently completed my treatment of Accutane on October 31st of 2009. I was on it for six months. In the beginning I was taking 80mg then I went to 40mg and then finished at about 60mg. Throughout the treatment I had minor aches and pains when and after I would work out, but during the last month of treatment my lower back, knees, and elbows became sore and achy. I wouldn't call the pain severe but it has kept me from working out, and this for me it is extremely annoying. Even running causes me pain. I have only been off Accutane for about a week now but the pain is not subsiding. I've read in other forums that the stuff stays in your system for about a month so I guess the best I can do now is take glucosamine chondroitin, drink lots of water and hope for the best. Not being able to work out has really taken a tole on me because working out is not only my way of alleviating stress but I hope to become a Fire Fighter and having problems like these could prevent me from ever doing that. If I was asked six months to choose between following my dreams to become a Fire Fighter or have a pretty face I wouldn't have taken this stuff. Maybe I'm overreacting and my pain will go away over the next month or two but better safe than sorry. I notice this post was a while ago and I was wondering how you're doing now. Are you back to normal or still having the same problems? Any information would be helpful and extremely appreciated.

Snowman24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Snowman24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Snowman24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Snowman24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Snowman24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Snowman24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Snowman24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Snowman24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Snowman24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Snowman24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Snowman24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i recently just got off accutane and the only side effect i really got was dried lips. i never really had any joint pain different from usual and i pretty much play sports every single day so i love accutane lol. cleared up my face perfect. although my brother also took it like 4 years ago and he complained of really bad joint pain and he was also barely able to play soccer so idk i guess it works diferent for everyone good luck with it. and if you were on 80mg per day you should be done in soon because ur only on it for 6 months so suck it up bro

omfgapolarbear will become famous soon enough. (+50) omfgapolarbear will become famous soon enough. (+50) omfgapolarbear will become famous soon enough. (+50) omfgapolarbear will become famous soon enough. (+50) omfgapolarbear will become famous soon enough. (+50) omfgapolarbear will become famous soon enough. (+50) omfgapolarbear will become famous soon enough. (+50) omfgapolarbear will become famous soon enough. (+50) omfgapolarbear will become famous soon enough. (+50) omfgapolarbear will become famous soon enough. (+50) omfgapolarbear will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I never had joint pain. I swear by accutane, but then again, I had severe acne that was leaving huge scars, so I needed it. Some people get joint pain, some don't. Make sure youre drinking enough water, getting enough rest, taking fish oil, and a good joint supp.
    You can wait for tomorrow, I gotta make it happen.

Chew Crew

carlobee is on a distinguished road. (+10) carlobee is on a distinguished road. (+10) carlobee is on a distinguished road. (+10) carlobee is on a distinguished road. (+10) carlobee is on a distinguished road. (+10) carlobee is on a distinguished road. (+10) carlobee is on a distinguished road. (+10) carlobee is on a distinguished road. (+10) carlobee is on a distinguished road. (+10) carlobee is on a distinguished road. (+10) carlobee is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    never had joint pains either. the only issue i had wer chapped lips!! but that was tolerable. after 6 months my face was all cleared up.

LILpainLILgain is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LILpainLILgain is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LILpainLILgain is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LILpainLILgain is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LILpainLILgain is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LILpainLILgain is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LILpainLILgain is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LILpainLILgain is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LILpainLILgain is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LILpainLILgain is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) LILpainLILgain is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    i get a lower back pain so i gotta use a belt for standing workouts. i also used to get a right shoulder ache but i worked through it. i take 80mg a day and i am coming on month 2. honestly i feel great, this is like level 1 pains, the stingers i get from football are x4 worse
    180 Bench
    290 Squat
    300 Deadlift
    160 Clean

Im a wrestler, not a bodybuilder.

Dont make fun of me for being 130, make fun of me for being short

kiddink is just really nice. (+1000) kiddink is just really nice. (+1000) kiddink is just really nice. (+1000) kiddink is just really nice. (+1000) kiddink is just really nice. (+1000) kiddink is just really nice. (+1000) kiddink is just really nice. (+1000) kiddink is just really nice. (+1000) kiddink is just really nice. (+1000) kiddink is just really nice. (+1000) kiddink is just really nice. (+1000)
    it'll go away once you're done accutane. if you really want your acne gone bare with it bro it's worth it lol

Gold_Adapter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gold_Adapter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gold_Adapter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gold_Adapter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gold_Adapter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gold_Adapter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gold_Adapter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gold_Adapter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gold_Adapter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gold_Adapter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gold_Adapter will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by kiddink View Post
    it'll go away once you're done accutane. if you really want your acne gone bare with it bro it's worth it lol
    I complain about the 1-2 tits I get on my face every once in awhile.....O god I can't even bare going through this pain...

Mar91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mar91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mar91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mar91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mar91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mar91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mar91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mar91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mar91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mar91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mar91 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I just got off of it. I had a big mishap from it. depression, anxiety, joint pains and everything when i hit my four and a half month mark. serious stuff man. get off that garbage asap! if your acnes gone then leave that stuff in the dust!
    Motivated Poolee. Oooh-rah Devil Dogs!

Ship 20111003. MCRD Parris Island, SC
    -------------------------------------------------------
    "Suzy said to me one day long ago.
    She said honey please dont join the Corps.
    They like to do nothing but fuss n fight.
    N they look kinda wierd with those high n tights.
    They got bad table manners and they are so crude.
    They got a warm sense of humor and their jokes are rude."

gabielle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question What is worse....

I hear you man. I been in accutane for 3 months. I was so happy no side effects!! the frist two months. But this pass month is been hell my joints freaking hurt. I'm very active. I do spin, yoga ,pilates, religistly. some weights swimming and running. But the last month I can even do yoga. Is been that bad. I'm so upsad. Part of me wanna stop it . because I hate feeling like an old lady in pain and craking. but the oder part wants clear beautiful skin. I HEAR you man.I sucks😢😭😖😖