Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
    wifemassage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    me too breathing heavy.

mljs54 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Been struggling with good form on the regular DL for a little while now.

I can do SLDLs no problem but always seem to lose form on regular DLs:

The point when you are coming back down and the bar start approaching your knees and you need to start pushing your hips/legs back to get into the starting position always throws me off because it feels very akward/unnatural for me. I'm a taller guy so not sure if that has anything to do with it. Was trying for a couple months to get the movement right but no luck.

I don't have this problem on SLDLs since there's obviously less leg/knee movement and that's the DL exercise I've been doing. I'm guessing it's not a substitute for regular DLs and I should really try harder to nail the form down?

Drizzy90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Drizzy90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Drizzy90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    wow I needed that

kashasha has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good info and the videos...thanx.

jmckiernan86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmckiernan86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmckiernan86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Nice post

andreynort is not very well liked. (-100) andreynort is not very well liked. (-100) andreynort is not very well liked. (-100) andreynort is not very well liked. (-100) andreynort is not very well liked. (-100) andreynort is not very well liked. (-100) andreynort is not very well liked. (-100) andreynort is not very well liked. (-100) andreynort is not very well liked. (-100) andreynort is not very well liked. (-100) andreynort is not very well liked. (-100)
    Vert informative, thanx a lot

Mitchybro has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Nice video man keep it up!

yodasbrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) yodasbrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) yodasbrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) yodasbrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) yodasbrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) yodasbrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) yodasbrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) yodasbrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) yodasbrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) yodasbrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250) yodasbrain has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Awesome stuff!

soccerx16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) soccerx16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) soccerx16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) soccerx16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) soccerx16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) soccerx16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) soccerx16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) soccerx16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) soccerx16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) soccerx16 is on a distinguished road. (+10) soccerx16 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by mljs54 View Post
    Been struggling with good form on the regular DL for a little while now.

I can do SLDLs no problem but always seem to lose form on regular DLs:

The point when you are coming back down and the bar start approaching your knees and you need to start pushing your hips/legs back to get into the starting position always throws me off because it feels very akward/unnatural for me. I'm a taller guy so not sure if that has anything to do with it. Was trying for a couple months to get the movement right but no luck.

I don't have this problem on SLDLs since there's obviously less leg/knee movement and that's the DL exercise I've been doing. I'm guessing it's not a substitute for regular DLs and I should really try harder to nail the form down?
    I have the same exact problems. Going up feels good and I can keep my form but then coming down with form just feels like wtf am I doing. When I had first started deadlifting I watched some videos but mainly focused on the motion of going up not down. So I was doing good form going up but instead of going down with the form I kind of set it back down still bending my knees and stuff but losing form. After I set it down I would get back into my form and repeat this for the reps. This way gave me great lower back results and was so sore sometimes I couldnt bend over (probably typical). Can someone tell me if this way is bad and can lead to injury? Thanks! (I will try to get a video up

Thug Lives Don't Matter Shepherd1125's Avatar
    Shepherd1125 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shepherd1125 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shepherd1125 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shepherd1125 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shepherd1125 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shepherd1125 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shepherd1125 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shepherd1125 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shepherd1125 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shepherd1125 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Shepherd1125 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I am having a hard time performing the regular deadlift. I feel so powerless. My body is built in such that I have a long torso, short legs, and short arms.

so whenever, I get to the starting position, I have to lower my thighs to 90 degrees with the floor, and I feel a tremendous pressure on my lower back, and can't even activate the glutes properly.

would sumo deadlift be the better alternative?

obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) obey46 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    good thread
    Ivanko Barbell Crew #61
    BNET: obeygiant#1273

Giffer666 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    splendid

teenlifter.blogspot.com WalpyyDoesItAll's Avatar
    WalpyyDoesItAll is just really nice. (+1000) WalpyyDoesItAll is just really nice. (+1000) WalpyyDoesItAll is just really nice. (+1000) WalpyyDoesItAll is just really nice. (+1000) WalpyyDoesItAll is just really nice. (+1000) WalpyyDoesItAll is just really nice. (+1000) WalpyyDoesItAll is just really nice. (+1000) WalpyyDoesItAll is just really nice. (+1000) WalpyyDoesItAll is just really nice. (+1000) WalpyyDoesItAll is just really nice. (+1000) WalpyyDoesItAll is just really nice. (+1000)

Will someone please give me some pointers?

My Teen Bodybuilding Q&A Blog
    http://teenlifter.blogspot.com/

Follow My Workout Journal From SUCKY TO YUCKY
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149154143&pagenumber=

Promera Sports Peak 400 LOG
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154493663&pagenumber=

HanleyForMVP has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am curious if any of you have ever seen an elevated deadlift platform and rack like the one at my gym. I'm sure without pictures it will be hard for many of you to imagine, but I have not seen a setup quite like this and I have been using it since I have seen others using it at my gym.

You are essentially standing on a square that is off the ground to the point where the 45lb weights will not touch the ground if you let go of the barbell. You have to remove the barbell from the rack and step backwards to the center of the square platform. You cannot let the weight hit the ground at any point during the set or you will crush your fingers on the platform.

Do any of you have any thoughts/tips on using this contraption? Or should I just move the weight to the ground like a normal person and forego the platform?

Mitch612 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mitch612 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mitch612 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mitch612 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mitch612 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mitch612 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mitch612 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mitch612 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mitch612 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mitch612 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mitch612 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Great post, very helpful. Thanks!

JMcC775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMcC775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMcC775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMcC775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMcC775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMcC775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMcC775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMcC775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMcC775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMcC775 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JMcC775 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    My problem is my back is weak. Affects my deadlift and bent over row. Regarding the deadlift I think my up is good but I need to focus on keeping my back straight. I'm pretty sure when I went down I was just bending over and my back was like a nasty u. Hoping that with lower weight my back will strengthen and I can start to put more up.

joe21h has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) joe21h has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) joe21h has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) joe21h has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) joe21h has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) joe21h has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) joe21h has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) joe21h has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) joe21h has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) joe21h has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) joe21h has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Deadlift is one of the lifts i tend to struggle at .....I'm Going to try the tips in the videos , thanks for the advice

SwagenGTI has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SwagenGTI has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SwagenGTI has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SwagenGTI has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SwagenGTI has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SwagenGTI has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SwagenGTI has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SwagenGTI has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SwagenGTI has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SwagenGTI has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SwagenGTI has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I was going to make a new thread, but I figure I will try here. So I am kind of worried about form. I have been dead lifting consistently, at least once a week since about June; havent really tried to max out or anything but I usually start my warm up at 135, and ended up getting lazy and just sitting at 205 for a while; keep in mind, I was not eating right, still smoking, and drinking more frequently, so I was not really "trying" to get stronger. I quit smoking, drinking (except maybe once or twice a week), and started bulking so I am trying to increase the weight.

Anyways, I figured I would bump up to 225 on Friday; most I have ever dead lifted. As I was doing my reps I started to think a bit about form and what not. This entire time that I have been deadlifting, it seems like the only thing that gets sore is my lower back. Granted, up until recently, I would be doing hack squats as well as dead lifts on the same day so whatever leg soreness I feel can be associated with the squats. I never really feel sore in the traps, and maybe a little sore in the arms. For the most part, all the soreness the next day is in the lower back. I am not talking about pain, just typical fatigue that can be associated with working out. I did some searching and researching and it seems like most people describe soreness all over their bodies comparable to being hit by a rhino...I want that feeling

I recently changed my form around; a few weeks ago I was using more legs, kind of treating dead lifts more like squats. Then I watched the videos here and started trying to use my hips more, which I noticed this last week that I am not using my legs as much any more. Either way, whether I am using more hips or more legs, I still only feel sore in the lower back. What am I supposed to do? Start pushing with the legs and then throw in the hips? Could it be that I am not keeping the bar close enough to my legs? I really hate hitting my knees so I try to get the bar away from them.

Also, when you lock out, what are you supposed to do when setting the weight back down? Are you supposed to slowly lower it down or are you supposed to sort of let go while still keeping it controlled? Since I am using non-rubber plates I cant really drop the weights but I am afraid I might hurt myself while lowering.

MrsYoku has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have a dvd about this from amazon :P
    But nice

MrsYoku has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Why don't any of you mention "Workout Fitness Videos PLatinum Collection"

I thought that was popular...

Wheezy87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Excellent! Look forward to having this in my routines from now on!

canadian1970 will become famous soon enough. (+50) canadian1970 will become famous soon enough. (+50) canadian1970 will become famous soon enough. (+50) canadian1970 will become famous soon enough. (+50) canadian1970 will become famous soon enough. (+50) canadian1970 will become famous soon enough. (+50) canadian1970 will become famous soon enough. (+50) canadian1970 will become famous soon enough. (+50) canadian1970 will become famous soon enough. (+50) canadian1970 will become famous soon enough. (+50) canadian1970 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Great video thanks for saving me from injury!
    It's not about how much the guy beside me lifts!
    It's not about how much the girl beside me lifts!
    It's about me!

b18turboef will become famous soon enough. (+50) b18turboef will become famous soon enough. (+50) b18turboef will become famous soon enough. (+50) b18turboef will become famous soon enough. (+50) b18turboef will become famous soon enough. (+50) b18turboef will become famous soon enough. (+50) b18turboef will become famous soon enough. (+50) b18turboef will become famous soon enough. (+50) b18turboef will become famous soon enough. (+50) b18turboef will become famous soon enough. (+50) b18turboef will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Mitchybro View Post
    Nice video man keep it up!
    Agreed!!

MyBodyIsReadyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MyBodyIsReadyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MyBodyIsReadyz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Good job ! Now we rock!

jnkkk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    +1 nice work
    Originally Posted by bunshun1 View Post
    Nice post. Thanks, very useful.

jnkkk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    nice video
    Originally Posted by 2020Wellness View Post
    Adding another video to the mix:

govjamie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) govjamie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) govjamie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) govjamie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) govjamie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) govjamie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) govjamie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) govjamie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) govjamie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) govjamie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) govjamie has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    good post i still need to improve on my form some
    Bulking Log Making big gains with big weights!!!

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153310981

10/7/2013
    Current PR
    Bench 365
    Dead Lift 565
    Squat 460

Rcross1989 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rcross1989 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rcross1989 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rcross1989 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rcross1989 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rcross1989 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rcross1989 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rcross1989 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rcross1989 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rcross1989 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rcross1989 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    helped me out alot thanks!

golfstar22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) golfstar22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) golfstar22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) golfstar22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) golfstar22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) golfstar22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) golfstar22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) golfstar22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) golfstar22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) golfstar22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) golfstar22 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks...

LordStandley is on a distinguished road. (+10) LordStandley is on a distinguished road. (+10) LordStandley is on a distinguished road. (+10) LordStandley is on a distinguished road. (+10) LordStandley is on a distinguished road. (+10) LordStandley is on a distinguished road. (+10) LordStandley is on a distinguished road. (+10) LordStandley is on a distinguished road. (+10) LordStandley is on a distinguished road. (+10) LordStandley is on a distinguished road. (+10) LordStandley is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Nice videos, definitely want to make sure I'm doing this one right so I don't break my body.
    Personal site and journal, www.4hourjourney.me