ridemymoto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Strengthening my knee after meniscectomy (knee surgery)

I had a large bucket handle tear in my right meniscus. I am about 30 days post-surgery. It's still somewhat painful. Not like it was before the surgery. Or right after, but more like a soreness pain. I'm not able to use it to help me stand up from a cross-legged position yet. It doesn't hurt when manipulated. It is still too sore to jog/hike, and after a long walk it gets pretty sore. The surgeon had me under the impression that since it was arthroscopic, and not too major of a surgery, that I would be ready to start running by now.

I want to figure out the best thing to do for it.

Should I work through the pain? Keep walking, maybe throw in some light hiking? Leg press?

Or, should I post my ass on the couch and wait a little while longer for it to fully heal?

Simply put, I'm asking if I should be trying to strengthen it in hopes of making the pain go away. Or will that only irritate it and cause it to heal slower, or worse, damage it further?

Thanks for any advice

paul0616 is on a distinguished road. (+10) paul0616 is on a distinguished road. (+10) paul0616 is on a distinguished road. (+10) paul0616 is on a distinguished road. (+10) paul0616 is on a distinguished road. (+10) paul0616 is on a distinguished road. (+10) paul0616 is on a distinguished road. (+10) paul0616 is on a distinguished road. (+10) paul0616 is on a distinguished road. (+10) paul0616 is on a distinguished road. (+10) paul0616 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    put on some cushy running shoes, and take a couple of walks per day, on flat surface. Cartilage is kept healthy by movement. Just be careful of jogging / hiking because those can increase loads substantially. You might also do some body weight only squats a few times per day to maintain muscle tone.