Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    FullSack is a name known to all. (+5000) FullSack is a name known to all. (+5000) FullSack is a name known to all. (+5000) FullSack is a name known to all. (+5000) FullSack is a name known to all. (+5000) FullSack is a name known to all. (+5000) FullSack is a name known to all. (+5000) FullSack is a name known to all. (+5000) FullSack is a name known to all. (+5000) FullSack is a name known to all. (+5000) FullSack is a name known to all. (+5000)

Uneducated, unskilled GM losers are about to get a reality check

These deros go straight from school to a dead end factory job and are paid very well. The problem is the attitude that this gives them.

Their sweet pay check combined with their insecurities about their lack of education make them ****ing dick heads. My GM friends always try to bring me down about going to uni by flaunting their earnings and criticizing education.

What ****s me most is that my one semi-intelligent friend was lured to GM by the pay and stayed. He fell into the culture, grew a beard, tries to act like a tough dero and is always bragging about his pay check. Now he's going nowhere because there's ****ing GM factory in my town. **** GM and **** all the 18-25 year old GM wankers who think they're top ****.
    Last edited by FullSack; 11-20-2008 at 08:37 AM.

NukeDukem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NukeDukem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NukeDukem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NukeDukem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NukeDukem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NukeDukem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NukeDukem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NukeDukem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NukeDukem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NukeDukem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NukeDukem is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Define "deros" for me and I will understand your post. Thank you
    "It's either blue cheese with wings or go fûck your mother!" - Joey Diaz

Spetsnazos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Spetsnazos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Spetsnazos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Spetsnazos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Spetsnazos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Spetsnazos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Spetsnazos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Spetsnazos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Spetsnazos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Spetsnazos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Spetsnazos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    how much is alot of money? like how much do you expect to get paid and how much are they making now??

1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by FullSack View Post
    These deros go straight from school to a dead end factory job and are paid very well. The problem is the attitude that this gives them.

Their sweet pay check combined with their insecurities about their lack of education make them ****ing dick heads. My GM friends always try to bring me down about going to uni by flaunting their earnings and criticizing education.

What ****s me most is that my one semi-intelligent friend was lured to GM by the pay and stayed. He fell into the culture, grew a beard, tries to act like a tough dero and is always bragging about his pay check. Now he's going nowhere because there's ****ing GM factory in my town. **** GM and **** all the 18-25 year old GM wankers who think they're top ****.
    Gloating over the idea of a flood of unemployed people seems a little bizzare.

JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Spetsnazos View Post
    how much is alot of money? like how much do you expect to get paid and how much are they making now??
    Thanks to the Unions, they're paid more than the market would normally allow for. Unskilled labor that requires little/no education normally wouldn't get you 20-30/hour which is what I think many of these guys make.
    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

- Arthur Schopenhauer

pleasesomeone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pleasesomeone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pleasesomeone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pleasesomeone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pleasesomeone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pleasesomeone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pleasesomeone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pleasesomeone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pleasesomeone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pleasesomeone is a jewel in the rough. (+500) pleasesomeone is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    It sucks that you are so unhappy and insecure that you feel this much emotion and resentment towards the career decisions of your peers.

Hopefully you can figure out what it is you hate about yourself so much and live more peacefully.

viking06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) viking06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) viking06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) viking06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) viking06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) viking06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    having worked in a factory for awhile i can honestly say that if they didnt get paid well then they wouldnt stick around. factory jobs suck and money is the only way to keep workers

Spetsnazos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Spetsnazos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Spetsnazos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Spetsnazos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Spetsnazos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Spetsnazos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Spetsnazos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Spetsnazos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Spetsnazos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Spetsnazos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Spetsnazos is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by viking06 View Post
    having worked in a factory for awhile i can honestly say that if they didnt get paid well then they wouldnt stick around. factory jobs suck and money is the only way to keep workers
    i heard the same from a friend...

never worked one myself

BUT, 30$ an hour for a mindless and uneducated job?...overpaid

Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000) Feny is just really nice. (+1000)

never worked one myself

finally we can agree on something
    200lbs. . . . . . . . . . . . I'll rep back 800+ :)
    YOUR BODY IS A TEMPLE, TRAIN ACCORDINGLY

Christ Followers... Go here for study & Reps :D
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=113796121

viking06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) viking06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) viking06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) viking06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) viking06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) viking06 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    [QUOTE=Spetsnazos;248255171]i heard the same from a friend...

never worked one myself

BUT, 30$ an hour for a mindless and uneducated job?...overpaid[/QUOT

well u usually start out on third shift(at night). most of those guys have families they never see. mandantory overtime that is never consistent. and the possibility of losing ur job if the market doesnt look promising

CurDawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CurDawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CurDawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CurDawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CurDawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CurDawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CurDawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CurDawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CurDawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CurDawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CurDawg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by pleasesomeone View Post
    It sucks that you are so unhappy and insecure that you feel this much emotion and resentment towards the career decisions of your peers.

Hopefully you can figure out what it is you hate about yourself so much and live more peacefully.
    It's a fair gripe. GM workers in Dallas were just striking this year for better pay - well looks like GM wasn't kidding when they were saying they can't afford it. The unions bully the companies into overpaying them for their labor, driving the cost of their vehicles higher and lowering their competitiveness against the other automakers.

Management of the companies are equally as guilty for certain, however. A purging would be ideal.

Lol there are so many jobs worse that make 25% of what factory workers do.

well u usually start out on third shift(at night). most of those guys have families they never see. mandantory overtime that is never consistent. and the possibility of losing ur job if the market doesnt look promising
    sorry but what you are doing is unskilled labor. That doesnt deserve high salary.

JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by CurDawg View Post
    It's a fair gripe. GM workers in Dallas were just striking this year for better pay - well looks like GM wasn't kidding when they were saying they can't afford it. The unions bully the companies into overpaying them for their labor, driving the cost of their vehicles higher and lowering their competitiveness against the other automakers.

Management of the companies are equally as guilty for certain, however. A purging would be ideal.
    Someone pointed out a great point in another thread: Also because they have to tack on that extra 2-1/2 grand on every car, the US automakers were forced to stick with making high profit large cars like SUVs and trucks and couldn't make a profit making smaller cars that people were demanding because the profit margin was small enough that they'd lose money on them.

F*cking Unions are putting themselves and their industry out of a job.
    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

- Arthur Schopenhauer

leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) leafs43 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I have a former room mate that used to work in a Mitsubishi factory.

His job had something to do with fastening seat covers or something. Needless to say he would come home after an 8 hour shift and couldn't feel his hands.

Factory work blows and they need relatively high pay.

sorry but what you are doing is unskilled labor. That doesnt deserve high salary.
    at the one i worked for it was actually a very skilled job and it topped at 19 something an hr which i know is great money but, as i said, u have a chance of getting laid off constanly at any factory u work for

1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000) 1devil is just really nice. (+1000)
    You can blame the management, you can blame the unions. Bottom line.....the US auto makers put out an inferior product. If people would actually buy these vehicles we woould have less of a problem here. How many of the people in this thread would buy an American car over a Japanese car??

Futurama525 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Futurama525 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Futurama525 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Futurama525 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Futurama525 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Futurama525 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Futurama525 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Futurama525 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Futurama525 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Futurama525 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Futurama525 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by leafs43 View Post
    I have a former room mate that used to work in a Mitsubishi factory.

His job had something to do with fastening seat covers or something. Needless to say he would come home after an 8 hour shift and couldn't feel his hands.

Factory work blows and they need relatively high pay.
    That's how life is...... supply & demand.

US has way too many service sector jobs.

bpb77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bpb77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bpb77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bpb77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bpb77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bpb77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bpb77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bpb77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bpb77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bpb77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bpb77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    OP, you're right about the union. My dad retired from GM several years ago and sat in on negotiations during one of the strikes. He hated the Union - you couldn't displine workers, you couldn't fire union workers and you had to take what they gave you. If the Union didn't like the working conditions or pay they would strike and GM would evitually have to give in to the Union to get them back to work.
    To clean up my sig block -

All my debts can be found here:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=111543591

Strong Assed Cawk Crew TheJuicedchase's Avatar
    TheJuicedchase is just really nice. (+1000) TheJuicedchase is just really nice. (+1000) TheJuicedchase is just really nice. (+1000) TheJuicedchase is just really nice. (+1000) TheJuicedchase is just really nice. (+1000) TheJuicedchase is just really nice. (+1000) TheJuicedchase is just really nice. (+1000) TheJuicedchase is just really nice. (+1000) TheJuicedchase is just really nice. (+1000) TheJuicedchase is just really nice. (+1000) TheJuicedchase is just really nice. (+1000)

never worked one myself

The guys making 30 an hour had been there for decades generally.

My friends starting out of high school would get 19/hr. If their parents worked there in management they could weasel their way up to 22/hr and it would stop there for a long time. Yes it's too much money, but I don't understand why everyone thinks these people make 30 dollars an hour.

My father in law makes 40/hr and has been there almost 41 years. (I think he's probably lying and doesn't make that much, but I haven't seen the union contracts myself).
    "I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." - Professor Bernardo de la Paz

"All restraints upon man's natural liberty, not necessary for the simple maintenance of justice, are of the nature of slavery, and differ from each other only in degree. - Lysander Spooner"

ryan250 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ryan250 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ryan250 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ryan250 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ryan250 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ryan250 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ryan250 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ryan250 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ryan250 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ryan250 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ryan250 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Those "losers" are needed.

Someone has to do the work, and with them getting laid off, it will heavily effect you and I

Brb cutting (no emo) 2.0Tsunami's Avatar
    2.0Tsunami is a name known to all. (+5000) 2.0Tsunami is a name known to all. (+5000) 2.0Tsunami is a name known to all. (+5000) 2.0Tsunami is a name known to all. (+5000) 2.0Tsunami is a name known to all. (+5000) 2.0Tsunami is a name known to all. (+5000) 2.0Tsunami is a name known to all. (+5000) 2.0Tsunami is a name known to all. (+5000) 2.0Tsunami is a name known to all. (+5000) 2.0Tsunami is a name known to all. (+5000) 2.0Tsunami is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by 1devil View Post
    You can blame the management, you can blame the unions. Bottom line.....the US auto makers put out an inferior product. If people would actually buy these vehicles we woould have less of a problem here. How many of the people in this thread would buy an American car over a Japanese car??
    While that is true, GM production cost are astronomical in comparison to Toyota. Toyota has continuously made themselves more effecient and can now earn more profit per/sale and charge a higher price due to their percieved reliability.
    "Be bold and mighty forces will come to your aid." -Basil King

Originally Posted by bpb77 View Post
    OP, you're right about the union. My dad retired from GM several years ago and sat in on negotiations during one of the strikes. He hated the Union - you couldn't displine workers, you couldn't fire union workers and you had to take what they gave you. If the Union didn't like the working conditions or pay they would strike and GM would evitually have to give in to the Union to get them back to work.
    yeah im not a pro union kinda guy myself. the place i was at just took care of its workers and they stay around and will retire there. the other factories around here have unions and have layoffs because the unions throw a fit when stuff doesnt go their way and demand alot from the companies

Brb cutting (no emo) 2.0Tsunami's Avatar
    2.0Tsunami is a name known to all. (+5000) 2.0Tsunami is a name known to all. (+5000) 2.0Tsunami is a name known to all. (+5000) 2.0Tsunami is a name known to all. (+5000) 2.0Tsunami is a name known to all. (+5000) 2.0Tsunami is a name known to all. (+5000) 2.0Tsunami is a name known to all. (+5000) 2.0Tsunami is a name known to all. (+5000) 2.0Tsunami is a name known to all. (+5000) 2.0Tsunami is a name known to all. (+5000) 2.0Tsunami is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by TheJuicedchase View Post
    The guys making 30 an hour had been there for decades generally.

My friends starting out of high school would get 19/hr. If their parents worked there in management they could weasel their way up to 22/hr and it would stop there for a long time. Yes it's too much money, but I don't understand why everyone thinks these people make 30 dollars an hour.

My father in law makes 40/hr and has been there almost 41 years. (I think he's probably lying and doesn't make that much, but I haven't seen the union contracts myself).
    $19/hr is ridiculous to pay for any HS graduate w/ no experience. WOW, what is that, like 40k/yr?
    "Be bold and mighty forces will come to your aid." -Basil King

BumP_Therapy is not very helpful. (-500) BumP_Therapy is not very helpful. (-500) BumP_Therapy is not very helpful. (-500) BumP_Therapy is not very helpful. (-500) BumP_Therapy is not very helpful. (-500) BumP_Therapy is not very helpful. (-500) BumP_Therapy is not very helpful. (-500) BumP_Therapy is not very helpful. (-500) BumP_Therapy is not very helpful. (-500) BumP_Therapy is not very helpful. (-500) BumP_Therapy is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by FullSack View Post

you may have a semi point here.............but your gona sit there and say ALL are like that or even MOST?

im sorry......but your and idiot..............
    "...The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the
    blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it's natural manure." Thomas Jefferson

"You can't make an empire out of a Republic" - Julius Caesar

Proverbs 24:29. "Do not say, 'I will do to him just as he has done to me; I will render to the man according to his work.'"

"A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained in arms, is the best most natural defense of a free country" James Madison

tmac4real has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tmac4real has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tmac4real has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tmac4real has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tmac4real has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tmac4real has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tmac4real has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tmac4real has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tmac4real has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tmac4real has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tmac4real has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I hope this leads to the fall of the union honestly...has to be a strong stumblinb block though.

tmac4real has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tmac4real has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tmac4real has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tmac4real has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tmac4real has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tmac4real has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tmac4real has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tmac4real has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tmac4real has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tmac4real has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tmac4real has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by BumP_FiRe View Post
    you may have a semi point here.............but your gona sit there and say ALL are like that or even MOST?

im sorry......but your and idiot..............
    does criticizing a statement when someone makes a general statement make any sense?

Ofcourse he doesn't mean all. When does any statement cover all, it's an implied rule...

Originally Posted by 1.8Tsunami View Post
    While that is true, GM production cost are astronomical in comparison to Toyota. Toyota has continuously made themselves more effecient and can now earn more profit per/sale and charge a higher price due to their percieved reliability.
    Production costs are certainly a factor. However, the US auto makers have shown zero innovation, and make an inferior product.

bpb77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bpb77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bpb77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bpb77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bpb77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bpb77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bpb77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bpb77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bpb77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bpb77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bpb77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    yeah im not a pro union kinda guy myself. the place i was at just took care of its workers and they stay around and will retire there. the other factories around here have unions and have layoffs because the unions throw a fit when stuff doesnt go their way and demand alot from the companies
    That's why I dad worked for GM and not the union. I was talking to my dad a few days ago he predicts GM will somehow figure out a way to get rid of the union and hire them to work with GM directly. Seeing the state of GM, he's scared right now. His entire Pension is with GM and he spent over 35 years working for them. Everything might be gone in the next few months. I might be losing my employee discount too
    To clean up my sig block -

All my debts can be found here:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=111543591

BumP_Therapy is not very helpful. (-500) BumP_Therapy is not very helpful. (-500) BumP_Therapy is not very helpful. (-500) BumP_Therapy is not very helpful. (-500) BumP_Therapy is not very helpful. (-500) BumP_Therapy is not very helpful. (-500) BumP_Therapy is not very helpful. (-500) BumP_Therapy is not very helpful. (-500) BumP_Therapy is not very helpful. (-500) BumP_Therapy is not very helpful. (-500) BumP_Therapy is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by JUSA View Post
    Thanks to the Unions, they're paid more than the market would normally allow for. Unskilled labor that requires little/no education normally wouldn't get you 20-30/hour which is what I think many of these guys make.

unskilled labor used to get this.......but not now......the reason for this is free trade.....like NAFTA..

when they passed free trade they gloated on "how great it is to open competition" the only problem with that is that when you compete with dirt poor mexicans who live in diret floor huts and ride bikes you will have to live in dirt floor huts and ride bikes...........

its a combo of free trade and the massive influx of illegal immigrants offering cheap labor.......

our government sold us down the river guys.................
    "...The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the
    blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it's natural manure." Thomas Jefferson

"You can't make an empire out of a Republic" - Julius Caesar

Proverbs 24:29. "Do not say, 'I will do to him just as he has done to me; I will render to the man according to his work.'"

"A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained in arms, is the best most natural defense of a free country" James Madison

Originally Posted by 1devil View Post
    Production costs are certainly a factor. However, the US auto makers have shown zero innovation, and make an inferior product.
    everything about US automakers scream expensive. Expensive labor, subsequently expensive production costs, poor gas mileage.

I'm curious to see the impact of those 3 failing (if they don't get the bailout) and how much stronger Toyota gets in this.

Time to invest in Toyota and Honda shares lol.